• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't even get why this one requires an explanation.

Every series represented in Smash has content from the latest games (with the sole exceptions being Kirby and Pac-Man). Even if Sakurai didn't make Uprising, I'm sure the bulk of the Kid Icarus content in SSB4 would've been from Uprising.
Kirby has a few songs from RtDL and TD. But the point still stands.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One last comment on character portrayal before I'm off for a while: I've noticed a trend of making characters sillier or with certain traits made more exaggerated in crossovers. Even some fanbase memes are sometimes thrown in for the fun of it.

I think crossovers tend to play up comedic aspects of characters.

I've seen examples of this in Project X Zone, Street Fighter X Tekken and, of course, Super Smash Bros.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Why won't samurai use modern duck hunt for rep?? Where is Cod ghost dog and duck.../?

...*ahem* I'll just see myself out.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It wasn't my argument, not to mention the fact Dar Pit wouldn't be the first character to borrow a final smash, if Sakurai wanted to, he could have had said Dark Pit found shattered remains at the end of Uprising and fixed them up or something
In fact, isn't it heavily implied that SSB4 takes place after the events of Uprising?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One last comment on character portrayal before I'm off for a while: I've noticed a trend of making characters sillier or with certain traits made more exaggerated in crossovers. Even some fanbase memes are sometimes thrown in for the fun of it.

I think crossovers tend to play up comedic aspects of characters.

I've seen examples of this in Project X Zone, Street Fighter X Tekken and, of course, Super Smash Bros.
Funny that I brought Gilgamesh up because in Dissidia, it's the same, Kefka and Gligamesh are more comedic despite Gilgamesh being rather cowardly and Kefka having a different personality in Japan

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Funny that I brought Gilgamesh up because in Dissidia, it's the same, Kefka and Gligamesh are more comedic despite Gilgamesh being rather cowardly and Kefka having a different personality in Japan
Isn't Kefka even more sadistic in the Japanese version of FF6 though :p

AreJay25

Does anyone remember the Palutena's Guidance for Lucario? I think having him actually be a part of Viridi's army would be really cool.

In fact, isn't it heavily implied that SSB4 takes place after the events of Uprising?
According to palutena's trailer the Chaos Kin has been defeated and we were given official confirmation Dark Pit joined the Forces of Nature so yeah it pretty much is.
Does anyone remember the Palutena's Guidance for Lucario? I think having him actually be a part of Viridi's army would be really cool.
Now I wish we could have seen Ivysaur's guidance so Viridi could go gaga over it.

Last edited:

Soul.

nitpicks galore lol.
"duck hunt dog" exists, the duck in "duck hunt" doesn't. don't understand pls help

AreJay25

nitpicks galore lol.
"duck hunt dog" exists, the duck in "duck hunt" doesn't. don't understand pls help
I remember there being theories that the Dog was unaware of the Duck being on him.

... Which doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but alright.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
According to palutena's trailer the Chaos Kin has been defeated and we were given official confirmation Dark Pit joined the Forces of Nature so yeah it pretty much is.

Now I wish we could have seen Ivysaur's guidance so Viridi could go gaga over it.
Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed.

Chrono.

Oh yeah.

I remember the "Duck Hunt Dog is wrong!" debates from early on, 'good' times.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What would everyone think if there was a character you could get for free by purchasing all of the DLC?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I love Kefka, as most do. I enjoy villains in general who start kind of weak though who become insanely strong (Cell is another example, though less drastic)

Chrono.

Dissidia in general exaggerates everyone's personalities, something that rubbed off FF fans the wrong and got toned down in the prequel (especially notable with Kuja in the prequel chapter).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Plauge Knight is INSANELY fun to play as. I can't wait to see speedruns with him, I can tell it'll be insane.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And Fem Robin can be a ***** to Lucina because this isn't canon
Considering how Lucina acted in their non-parent supports towards her, I'm more tempted to say that's payback rather then a completely out of character moment. :p

Isn't Kefka even more sadistic in the Japanese version of FF6 though :p
From what I've read, yes. Apparently in the original Japanese version he was just a flamboyant Exdeath, the localization made him more sillier.

What's interesting about that situation though is that Woolsey's version of the character ended up being much more popular and memorable then his original Japanese interpretation, which wasn't that well liked. So it's one of the cases where the adaptation of the character ended up having a larger and more positive presence then the original writing.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love Kefka, as most do. I enjoy villains in general who start kind of weak though who become insanely strong (Cell is another example, though less drastic)
I don't know if it's less drastic.
What would everyone think if there was a character you could get for free by purchasing all of the DLC?
Depends on what "all of the DLC" is.
If it's the characters and stages, sure.
If it's all the Mii costumes, then:
X-_Kj-.gif

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if they would add a second wave of challenges/event matches for the new characters and stages etc once all the DLC is done and dusted......

Last edited:

Soul.

I remember there being theories that the Dog was unaware of the Duck being on him.

... Which doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but alright.
I mean like, the duck is part of the character. I cringe every time I see someone say "Duck Hunt Dog*" instead of "Duck Hunt (Duo)."

*DHD is the same thing but because Duck Hunt Duo exists I'm okay with it.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
*looks at thread title* I can't believe it's still 15 days until the new Super Mario Maker stage drops!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
*looks at thread title* I can't believe it's still 15 days until the new Super Mario Maker stage drops!
They say time moves slower when you look forward to something. I guess it's true.....

Or the mods don't seem to feel like updating the thread title every day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom