• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Also I don't understand why people think you can be racist against white people, or heterophobia.
Racism and xenophobia both lack bounds. It's hard for institutional racism to exist against white people in the U.S., but people can deem white people as inferior based on their race. I want to make this clear, because it's kind of dangerous to say "there can't be racism against white people".

I've mostly refrained from discussing the feminism aspect, but here's my two cents:

-Anita has some good point in there somewhere about how poorly women are represented in media, but she can't convey her points well and often comes off as dishonest or even moronic. I don't believe she has the best intent, but there's something to take away from some of what she says.

-Wu is a hack. I speak as a story writer who has written a variety of female characters. She doesn't understand how stories can be used to convey strong female characters at all.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Racism and xenophobia both lack bounds. It's hard for institutional racism to exist against white people in the U.S., but people can deem white people as inferior based on their race. I want to make this clear, because it's kind of dangerous to say "there can't be racism against white people".

I've mostly refrained from discussing the feminism aspect, but here's my two cents:

-Anita has some good point in there somewhere about how poorly women are represented in media, but she can't convey her points well and often comes off as dishonest or even moronic. I don't believe she has the best intent, but there's something to take away from some of what she says.

-Wu is a hack.
White people aren't ACTIVELY DISCRIMINATED against by other races. That's racism.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
> coming to this thread seeing if there are some news concerning Smash Bros.
> sterile argument on bs such as what feminism really is, if white people can be victims and which is da best, Butt Butt or Banjo and Kazooie v 1.5

You expect changing the World in this thread ? At least post maymay. As cancerous but it is possible to smile.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only reason I even created a Tumblr account was because I wanted to have proof for my friends
I don't know why I even thought I needed it
Reminds me of how some old school friends told a bi guy 'ur gay' and he jokingly said 'That's half gay for you' or 'Call me Mister Gay' or some ****. He was a fun classmate
True friendship comes from using those terms in a pejorative way ironically(in case anyone makes an agry response for misreading the post)
Me and my friends do it all the time
"Lol stop acting so gay"
"What do you want me to do, I'm half of it"

"Get this straight **** out of my face"

"So, I don't get it, is this anime trying to turn you gay or convert you onto Satanism?"
"Both, duh"
What do you expect? Some LGBT people don't have the best experiences with heterosexual people. They're just venting. No one means EVERY HETEROSEXUAL.
You just gave me a completely redundant argument in your second point. Good job, glad to see some extremely well-made points here.
Doesn't mean they have the right to put everyone in the same basket as those people
Should we purge feminists because of Tumblr?
And yes, they do mean all
I once sent a message for a blog to stop bashing on straight people
My response was a very passive aggressive one:
*sigh*
"NOT ALL HETEROS""NOT ALL WHITE MEN"

Also, saying my argument is redundant doesn't make it so

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Valkyrie?
I'm surprised she didn't make any form of a cameo in this game what with Bamco developing Smash. She's like Namco's NIGHTS.

Fun Fact: She actually predated Samus in female Video Game protagonists by five days.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably but after ESRB and Roy/Ryu Data mining, I don't see it happening. Nintendo is probably gonna do it post release than pre-release to stop situations like Amazon leaks.
This is most likely true, I still wouldn't be surprised if codes got shipped to amazon early though by mistake.

Khoru

Smash Champion
vinny and cr1tikal. i can't take this. this is too much.
I'm surprised she didn't make any form of a cameo in this game what with Bamco developing Smash. She's like Namco's NIGHTS.
i think she was in pac-man's taunt

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Klonoa? aaaa (char limit)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only reason I even created a Tumblr account was because I wanted to have proof for my friends

True friendship comes from using those terms in a pejorative way ironically(in case anyone makes an agry response for misreading the post)
"Lol stop acting so gay"

"So, I don't get it, is this anime trying to turn you gay or convert you onto Satanism?"
"Both, duh"

Doesn't mean they have the right to put everyone in the same basket as those people
*sigh*

Once that friend said 'okay guys, it's not funny' they stopped. It's just like how when greeting a regular friend you'll likely go 'hey, how are you?' but to your best friend you go 'WASSUP ***** IMMA **** YOU UP'

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

"Lol stop acting so gay"

"Both, duh"

*sigh*

Why did you give me a speech about the power of friendship calling things gay?

No, they DO NOT mean all. I have several friends who say stuff like that and are friends with many Cis White Heterosexual People (like me) so it technically, cannot be "all". It's impossible.

Also, you literally just gave me a sentence about how trans people can't play cis characters (and since when is a character being cis going to be a major character point? I don't know of a story about someone being bullied for being cis.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Please stop with the Tumbler arguements.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
In an ATTEMPT to change the subject...
You know what I'm honestly looking forward to the most? Re creations of past Mario levels, but with the twist of being in a different style. I'd kill to play through all 8 worlds of the original SMB in the Mario World style, with hidden goodies here and there like cape feathers and Yoshi Eggs. Or NSMBU levels in the original 8 bit style, and so on.
Man I hope someone does that soon enough. What about you guys?

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
White people aren't ACTIVELY DISCRIMINATED against by other races. That's racism.
Racism is deeming another race is inferior based purely on their skin color. Fabrications, such as stereotypes, pop up in what is essentially an echo chamber and people keep an "Us vs. them" mentality. Every race is guilty of this. It wouldn't be news to say that both some backwards-thinking elderly white and black people don't want their grandkids marrying people of a different race. That's racism, no matter what skin color you are.

At this point racism is mostly limited to old bitter curmudgeons, but anybody is capable of it towards any race.

Last edited:
Xenoblade. . . sexist.. . . I . . .what?
this would be skelotor if it weren't for SSSSS
A. Fiora, Sharla, and Melia are 3 of 7 playable characters. Arguably Fiora is more important than everyone but Shulk. The other 2 are at least more important than Riki.
B. Fiora and Melia are absurdly independent and strong as things go on.
C. The game is filled with female NPCs.
D. There is very little sexualization of NPCs and both the male and female armor are extremely inefficient in some cases. (although Boob windows are a bit more common than expected)

I don't know why this confused me so much. . .maybe i'm just tired. . .

I hate the name feminism. . it always makes it isn't neutral enough and it sounds too "anti men."

hey should change their names to "Equalists." It has a nice ring to it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems like we have three different discussions going on here.

I wish Namco didn't shut down Shifty Look. We never go the full story on Klonoa or Wonder Momo. Bravoman was able to wrap itself up satisfactorally though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Racism is deeming another race is inferior based purely on their skin color. Fabrications, such as stereotypes, pop up in what is essentially an echo chamber and people keep an "Us vs. them" mentality. Every race is guilty of this. It wouldn't be news to say that both some backwards-thinking elderly white and black people don't want their grandkids marrying people of a different race. That's racism, no matter what skin color you are.

At this point racism is mostly limited to old bitter curmudgeons, but anybody is capable of it towards any race.
Alright, yeah, I see your point. I don't agree with it but I can see why people think reverse racism is possible. I'm not going to argue about it however.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Here's a topic for you guys.

Besides anything Nintendo, what are you guys looking forward to gaming wise this season?
For me it's gotta be Destiny: The Taken King, Halo 5, and Star Wars Battlefront.

Chrono.

Someone decided to compile all the items, scenery and other miscellaneous stuff from 2D Mario games missing in Mario Maker.
There's quite a bit left.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Here's a topic for you guys.

Besides anything Nintendo, what are you guys looking forward to gaming wise this season?
For me it's gotta be Destiny: The Taken King, Halo 5, and Star Wars Battlefront.
V has come to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom