• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My backlog is 2big right now, ugh.

And the worst part is, I'm too lazy to start working on it! Truly the biggest of problems. :troll:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
On a serious note though, our first big discussion was of course an argument (specifically about Tumblr, again)

We need to improve.
As a resident of GameFAQ's politics board I can safely say we handled this discussion very well.

At least, compared to every other community, ever.

Last edited:

Chrono.

To sum up the leak @ NintenZ NintenZ is talking about (because it's lengthy and rubbish).
  • Namco employee was fired
  • Smash is getting 4 DLC characters with each being something of a rep for NA, Europe and Japan respectively
  • Shovel Knight for NA
  • Bandana Dee for Japan
  • Dixie Kong for Europe
  • Wolf is the 4th character and also something of an all-around popular character

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Oh, I see we discussed feminism in gaming. Thank God I wasn't there for that, can't stand Anita or Brianna.

Anyways, getting excited for BOTH Mario Maker and MGSV. My dad's getting MGSV, so I'll be watching him play it. And then I have Mario Maker to myself.

This month is pretty good for games I like.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'll be happy with any DLC character at this point. I mean, we really knew about Roy and Ryu since April, so any newcomers news at all would be appreciated.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
To sum up the leak @ NintenZ NintenZ is talking about (because it's lengthy and rubbish).
  • Smash is getting 3 DLC characters with each being something of a rep for NA, Europe and Japan respectively
  • Shovel Knight for NA
  • Bandana Dee for Japan
  • Dixie Kong for Europe
So we got something similar to Scrooge McDuck, Bandana Dee and a DK Rep, each region getting a rep and a Veteran
Am I Sakurai or is Sakurai me?
I really don't know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
  • Smash is getting 3 DLC characters with each being something of a rep for NA, Europe and Japan respectively
  • Shovel Knight for NA
  • Bandana Dee for Japan
  • Dixie Kong for Europe
None Layton 0/10
Jk jk

But seeing how this is from 4chan, idk if I can believe it

Aren't all discussions about arguments? How can you discuss something without arguments?
you see there is a different between a rhetorical argument and a normal argument.

A rhetorical argument takes points and concisely uses them with little to aggressive emotions and allowing both giving opinions and examples but also being able to take in evidence and potentially change.

Our arguments tend (and this one clearly was) to be filled with varying levels of venom and in some cases downright obstinance and refusal o change.

If we were more polite we wouldn't have these problems but we can be way to quick to jump down someone's throat from either an opinion or, more often, a misconception. (EX how burb's "anime is trash" statement was taken)

TLDR we need to calm the **** down.

TBH I haven't put the Namco leak away yet for some reason. I think my Dixie bias is the reason but something just feels right about it.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So wait, are the characters region exclusive, or were they the characters that were the most popular in each region?

If it's the former, a bit salty I can't get Dixie or Bandana Dee.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
  • Shovel Knight for NA
  • Bandana Dee for Japan
  • Dixie Kong for Europe
And Wolf
We're getting Wolf
upload_2015-9-1_17-55-19.png

Right there
"Att's-a mattah fo' you, scared?"
~Italian Stereotype Wolf :wolf:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I'm 19 later this month. Yay I'm aging, soon I'm gonna need a cane.

Mario Maker is also really close, damn. Time moves super quickly.

Soul.

Sometimes I can't wait until the end of DLC.

Simply so that Sakurai can actually catch a freaking break :p

The man deserves it after working so much on Smash 4, its DLC and the series in general.
But my balance patches though, man this game has a bright future.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So wait, are the characters region exclusive, or were they the characters that were the most popular in each region?

I think it's most popular in each region.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

They're for everyone, it's just that the Reps got their namesake from said Region voting for them.
A lot of US likes Butt Butt McDuck
Japan likes Banana Waffle Dee
Europe likes King K. Rool, but Sakurai (somehow, someway) couldn't find a good moveset so we got the Girl Hoo-Hah
And everybody loves Wolf. So he's here too. He came back from Beach Planet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, it's just another wishlist leak about some guy with info on the inside. If it hasn't worked before, why would it be legit now?

the second one. IT would be absurd to do the first.

We didn't even get ice climber Wii U only we wouldn't get entire countries screwed (and they would get less sales)

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
  • Smash is getting 4 DLC characters with each being something of a rep for NA, Europe and Japan respectively
  • Shovel Knight for NA
  • Bandana Dee for Japan
  • Dixie Kong for Europe
  • Also Wolf because popularity
Yeah... simply put, not gonna happen. If we didn't get version exclusive characters, there's no chance of this.
EDIT: NVM, misinterpreted. Eh, possible, but unlikely.

:094:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah... simply put, not gonna happen. If we didn't get version exclusive characters, there's no chance of this.

:094:
They're not region locked characters, simply characters that were popular in those particular areas, with Wolf being the all-rounder.

Not saying this is legit either way but just clarifying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom