• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Um, towards the beginning and end of speculation a lot of people were starting to be sure of him.
Towards the beginning Skyward Sword was fresh on everyone's mind and so they expected a newcomer from it.
Meanwhile towards the end, all of the other candidates - Skull Kid, Midna, Tingle, Fi - had been effectively killed off, leaving only Ghirahim and Impa.

So yeah a lot of people were expecting Ghirahim.
Not the majority, but a lot.
Yes. But we were talking of the majority.

D

Deleted member

:4feroy:I think we all predicted someone who was unlikely.

I mean I predicted Roy.

Most of you thought he was dead in the water and actively didn't want him back.
After Lucina was revealed to be a Marth clone, yeah.

Many of us also made the mistake of assuming that Chrom would replace Ike and that Robin wasn't even a thought.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes. But we were talking of the majority.
Well, in that case, I don't remember the majority expecting Isaac or Dixie Kong.
In Isaac's case most kinda sided with either him or Shulk.
Also, I distinctly remember after Ghirahim was disconfirmed a lot of people were saying "man, he was one of the big ones too" and stuff like that.
Before, close to the ESRB leak I remember people telling me they were starting on budge on expecting him (namely Louie G.).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact that DLC outside of Lucas and Mewtwo have been unpredictable is one reason why I buy into Shovel Knight a bit more than I probably should.

He'd continue this game's over all trend of ''Sakurai, where are you pulling these characters from friend? What are you doing? Are you trying to give everyone whiplash?!"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Only one I got wrong was Dixie Kong due to her being back in TF and her being Forbidden 7 characters that Sakurai would consider her again. Issac since I predicted that there will atleast be a few characters that upgraded from AT status like :4littlemac:.

And my last prediction was that Zelda would get a new rep and I was on the Impa bandwagon (although to be fair, I was pushing for her before the Hyrule Warriors announcement)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The fact that DLC outside of Lucas and Mewtwo have been unpredictable is one reason why I buy into Shovel Knight a bit more than I probably should.

He'd continue this game's over all trend of ''Sakurai, where are you pulling these characters from friend? What are you doing? Are you trying to give everyone whiplash?!"
Yeah, I'm starting to a pattern with Smash 4's DLC...and that's why I don't think subsequent third-parties are very unlikely.
And that's the 3rd party characters are considered "guests" akin to Snake rather than Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

I guarantee you if Shovel Knight is revealed he will have a "Super Smash Bros. X Shovel Knight" screen at the beginning, just like Ryu.

EDIT: Hopefully we will see a "Super Smash Bros. X Metal Gear Solid" screen one day.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
:4feroy:I think we all predicted someone who was unlikely.

I mean I predicted Roy.

Most of you thought he was dead in the water and actively didn't want him back.
ya those people are eating crow and i love every second of it

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

I wouldn't say that I "buy into" the Shovel Knight rumor but I do trust the people corroborating it. If Pushdustin says there's reason to think it could be true, then I trust that he has a good reason for thinking that.

Still, the idea of him being in is a bit hard to swallow. I mean, early on he certainly had enough votes to be up for discussion, but the fact that Japan basically doesn't know who he is could be a big problem.

It would be pretty awesome for several reasons though. I love unexpected characters, and I love the way they shake up Smash speculation. Hell, I voted for Shovel Knight back in April thinking he didn't have a chance, because I wasn't all that interested in the popular choices.

He has a slim chance IMO, and the only reason I'd say that is because of the rumor.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
so this is off topic, but i'm feeling so hopeful that i feel like i have to share. i recently said that i was robbed by one of my roommates about a week and a half ago. well today the detectives found one of my items ( a 40in tv) at a pawn shop and it was pawned by own roommate! now they have the evidence they need to arrest him. whether they done so by now i dont know, but this means i will probably be able to retrieve my things hopefully soon and my former roommate in jail. i feel like i may get some justice after all. i really hope so! :D
Congrats retro, the dude is going to get whats coming for him :glare:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just tested this out on my own copy, it's 100% real.

Hmm... I wonder if that works on the 3DS version.

I remember that the crazy Pac-Man glitches (such as the trampoline causing characters to pass through the floor) didn't work on the 3DS version.

Edit: It works! Just tested out. Crazy stuff. lol

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
http://freddysmashbear.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-Smash-4-Splash-Card-Leak-at-first-but-rekt-559110168

Well, I guess this is the person in charge of this "Leak" from yesterday.

Apparently it was just to show if we "learned" from fake leaks or not. Despite the fact this is nowhere on level of Omni by comparison.
That's the Brawl model. lol

And it's actually mirrored. Wolf wears the eye patch on the left eye.

Comparing that with what Omni has done is like comparing a child's drawing to Mona Lisa. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we're finally getting leaks to debunk. I guess it's because we're close to the end on the ballot.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Here's a hint for the current theme, since these two titles might be a little ambiguous. :awesome:

That's the Brawl model. lol

And it's actually mirrored. Wolf wears the eye patch on the left eye.

Comparing that with what Omni has done is like comparing a child's drawing to Mona Lisa. :chuckle:
Yeah the Wolf "leak" is much more of "I can do leaks too!" kind of "leak",

Chrono.

Can we, like, stop with the splash screen leaks?

Seriously none of them end up looking like the actual ones and I'm so sick of seeing them, I've been sick of them since last year. It's even more annoying than 50 facts Mewtwo considering people actually stopped using that.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The SK rumor has about a month left before we can debunk it, right? Not too far away.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Shovel Knight hasn't been confirmed or denied yet. I still think it's the result of someone taking him having an amiibo at all to be a sign of Smash-itude.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Shovel Knight hasn't been confirmed or denied yet. I still think it's the result of someone taking him having an amiibo at all to be a sign of Smash-itude.
It's possible, but not likely.

The source is also confident that Shovel Knight is a full playable character, and not a costume or some other form of DLC.

The information about Shovel Knight potentially getting an amiibo was posted by Nintendo Life as they found out that information in their own research.
Source (Gaming).

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Are you ready? It's a new 4ch-Wait no. Ths is a Gamefaqs leak.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72459474

"Hey guys, I know it's unlikely that you'll believe me but I feel compelled to share this information I have come in contact with regardless. I have it on good authority that there's a new update coming on September 17th (next Thursday),

It will include the following characters:
Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

Wolf is coming, but not in the next update with 2 final characters. One of which hasn't been decided yet. Source says he thinks it's pre-ballot. Take it with a grain of salt."

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

"Hey guys, I know it's unlikely that you'll believe me but I feel compelled to share this information I have come in contact with regardless. I have it on good authority that there's a new update coming on September 17th (next Thursday),

Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

Wolf is coming, but not in the next update with 2 final characters. One of which hasn't been decided yet. Source says he thinks it's pre-ballot. Take it with a grain of salt."
>Toon Zelda.

Whelp. So much want.

>Chun Li Mii outfit

Well, that's something.

>Raving Rabbids Mii Outfit

Unless Rayman is confirmed, fake. Still better though since it's not the actual things becoming playable, so eh...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

Why Saffron City 2?

DLC has already shown that 64 stages are a thing and, when showcasing Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle back in June, Sakurai said it was "just a taste of what's coming"

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

That lack of M.Bipson mii costume tho.

Chrono.

Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

I'd take Toon Zelda if only because regular Zelda is garbage.

AreJay25

Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

Glitz Pit actually sounds awesome.

But I'm pretty confident it's fake. And I hope it is since I'd much rather have Tetra than Toon Zelda.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's possible, but not likely.

Source (Gaming).
I still have my doubts but if I'm wrong, I lose nothing. Let's see how this pans out.

Speaking of doubts, I very much doubt Squirtle would return before Wolf. Billy HAtcher outfit would be cool though.

AreJay25

The thing that kills the leak for me is the Rabbid costume.

Because that's just ridiculous.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Paper Mario.
Squirtle.
Toon Zelda *NOT Tetra*

The following stages:
Glitz Pit
Saffron City 2
Pirate Ship

Mii costumes:
Billy Hatcher
Joe Musashi
Isaac
King Hippo
Takamaru
Waluigi
Chun Li
Raving Rabbid.

The only thing i possibly buy is those mii outfits and can someone tell me when squirtle became more popular than ivysaur

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Especially if Rayman is not playable in the game. Cuz that would mean Ubisoft got rep'd by a costume and 3 trophies, but no mainline playable character.

Yeah, nah.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Well the leak is as fake as ****, but there is this line here:
Wolf is coming, but not in the next update with 2 final characters. One of which hasn't been decided yet.

It's not a stretch to say Rayman is the one that has been decided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom