• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember Little Mac getting his fair share of "boring moveset". Heck, I that the main criticism he had (apart from being more popular in the West). Rosalina was kinda there. I saw her popped up a few times, but I don't remember her being widely insulted.

Also I'd take Spyro long before Crash Bandicoot.
Not enough purple dragons.
As long as it is original trilogy spyro.

I mean I want both of them but if we are getting the inferior new designs? yuck.
Of course with Skylanders we would almost be guaranteed to get the new design for spyro. . .
Spyro 2 was my first game ever. Crash Team Racing as my 2nd. I can't be much more bias.

in 15 minutes it will be my birthday but i'm changing avi's now before I forget.

later ya'll. Don't rip any heads off.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Rosalina discussion pretty much exploded after she was revealed in SM3DW. And the Peach accusations were pretty common.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember vividly the "Space Peach" thing. It probably stemmed from that one Brawl hack of her over Peach.

I also remember the whole "Little Mac would be boring" thing, but it was more prevalent on other sites.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I remember Little Mac getting his fair share of "boring moveset". Heck, I that the main criticism he had (apart from being more popular in the West). Rosalina was kinda there. I saw her popped up a few times, but I don't remember her being widely insulted.
That stuff made me laugh so hard,

"All he'd do is Punch, that's not something for a moveset!"

Much like every character ever having a jab attack in the game in some way in Smash, yet still works as fighters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rosalina discussion pretty much exploded after she was revealed in SM3DW. And the Peach accusations were pretty common.
I remember seeing a post somewhere (this is before I used a forum) that said something along the lines of
"Rosalina was in Super Mario 3D World. Maybe she'll also be in Super Smash Bros.".

And I was like "ha ha, yeah right".

Rosalina has very happily surprised me two times in a row.

Soul.

A lot of characters have been said to have a boring moveset.
We then see them being unique with pros and cons, and some of them being clones.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, I remember when people argued Crash or Cloud everyone dismissed them because they had "little relevancy to Nintendo". And now we're using "Nintendo zealot" and lashing at people who don't think Shovel Knight has a chance. ...Am I missing something here?
I don't think it's less of they are relevant to Nintendo but more of they were known as big players for Sony's history with the Playstation

I feel like Cloud, Lara, Crash and Spyro all made their mark on the Playstation and nothing will change that. They have all been on other systems but their history is more tied to Sony than Nintendo is why people think that. Remember those four characters are by far the biggest requested characters for PSASBR and any future sequel because how much they are tied with Sony. I don't feel like those characters shouldn't be in because they aren't tied with Nintendo more but more of their home is Playstation and aside from all of them being on Nintendo consoles, their peak was on Playstation.

I can make an exception for Cloud for one reason, he's representing Final Fantasy as a WHOLE than repping FF7. It was never about being on Nintendo systems but more of he's the true face of that franchise

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think it's less of they are relevant to Nintendo but more of they were known as big players for Sony's history with the Playstation

I feel like Cloud, Lara, Crash and Spyro all made their mark on the Playstation and nothing will change that. They have all been on other systems but their history is more tied to Sony than Nintendo is why people think that. Remember those four characters are by far the biggest requested characters for PSASBR and any future sequel because how much they are tied with Sony. I don't feel like those characters shouldn't be in because they aren't tied with Nintendo more but more of their home is Playstation and aside from all of them being on Nintendo consoles, their peak was on Playstation.

I can make an exception for Cloud for one reason, he's representing Final Fantasy as a WHOLE than repping FF7. It was never about being on Nintendo systems but more of he's the true face of that franchise
:snake: Snake tho.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
:snake: Snake tho.
Let's be real here, Snake got in because Kojima knew a guy who could get him in and said guy was Sakurai. It was less "importance to Nintendo" or whatever else they say and more "Hey I made this character you think it could be used for Smash?".

Soul.

oh yeah regarding :rosalina: weren't people like, "if she's in Bowser Jr. won't be in! it's one or the other!" and then both got in

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's be real here, Snake got in because Kojima knew a guy who could get him in and said guy was Sakurai. It was less "importance to Nintendo" or whatever else they say and more "Hey I made this character you think it could be used for Smash?".
Exactly.

"Relevance to Ninintendo" doesn't matter as much as people think.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
oh yeah regarding :rosalina: weren't people like, "if she's in Bowser Jr. won't be in! it's one or the other!" and then both got in
Imo, I honest was that person, cuz I at first barely though either one had a chance, and when Rosie was confirmed, I really doubt Jr's chances.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was like that . . . including me.

I was given quite the nice surprise from ESRB giving my most wanted from Brawl. :)

For my last birthday the internet gave me early release copies of smash. Let's see what I get this year :troll:

Soul.

Imo, I honest was that person, cuz I at first barely though either one had a chance, and when Rosie was confirmed, I really doubt Jr's chances.
I'm not too big on speculation, and I certainly wasn't during that time but I wasn't doubting Koopa Jr.'s chances; for me it was like, "eh, I'll just wait until the game releases."
What matters is that both characters got in, and both sides are happy with the outcome.

Luma uair needs nerfs jk

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If only we could have Sakurai make Playstation All-Stars, and get 3rd party line ups like this. Smash: Top row. All-Stars: Bottom row.
Rayman can be in both games :shades:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really didn't see :rosalina: hurting :4bowserjr: chances. I think she moreso hurt Waluigi and Daisy's chances from the the fan's perspective.

IT was more of her, a relatively new character from Galaxy games getting more love than characters who existed long before her time and was ignored. But Rosie had the advantage of being a representative of the Galaxy games than those two who would be representing the spinoff games (who may I remind you has a rep in that regard of :4peach:).

The only thing I remember was something different was that :4lucario: hurt Mewtwo's chances in Smash 4 and :4greninja: killed any possibility of him being in when lo and behold, guess who came back :4mewtwo:.

That and the :4falco:vs:wolf:vs Krystal arguments and Gemastu in general

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Anyone know what the Smash maintenance changed, if anything? I think it might have been something with Tournament Mode once again, but I'm not sure.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In a perfect world
:4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::snake:bomberman, crash, banjo/cloud would be in smash as the only 3rd parties
Don't forget Shovel Knight, Shantae, Klonoa, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, Lara Croft, Black Mage, Agnes, Jibanyan, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Professor Layton and Cooking Mama. :D

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't forget Shovel Knight, Shantae, Klonoa, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, Lara Croft, Black Mage, Agnes, Jibanyan, Professor Layton and Cooking Mama. :D
>No Simon Belmont

HEATHENS. You should be punished for the blasphemy you brought on

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
In a perfect world
:4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::snake:bomberman, crash, banjo/cloud would be in smash as the only 3rd parties
Don't forget Shovel Knight, Shantae, Klonoa, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, Lara Croft, Black Mage, Agnes, Jibanyan, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Professor Layton and Cooking Mama. :D
Both of you disappoint me, no Crono, no Geno, no Travis Touchdown and more importantly no Bayonetta?

.n_n.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
See, we can't have a true and complete Smash Bros title without at the minimum this big of a roster:

Otherwise it'd be a waste of human thought,
lol, it;s a mugen roster :)

I will say one thing because I do stuff with mugen from time to time (it;s fun to try stuff), they can become so big that you loose where your cursor is :)

Soul.

My perfect third party roster is adding a bunch of unrealistic choices.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
See, we can't have a true and complete Smash Bros title without at the minimum this big of a roster:

Otherwise it'd be a waste of human thought,

The balancing on that would be absolute hell. At the end of the day, more characters = more complaints simply because of balance issues.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

The balancing on that would be absolute hell. At the end of the day, more characters = more complaints simply because of balance issues.
At one point there will be so many characters that at least 10 or 15 of them will be top tier and people will play with them, even if the roster is unbalanced there are many options to choose from.

.n_n.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I used to be anti-Cloud-in-Smash. I really did. For much the same reasons other people are so against him. But he's easily the most popular character in easily one of the most popular franchises in gaming history, but even more than that, he represents an entire era of gaming that's currently untapped. He's all the best, and all the worst, characteristics of the late 90s jrpg hero, embodied in a single character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom