• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just voted, and noticed an issue you will probably come across when doing the write-up. People referred to the same character by different names, which meant they were all counted separately in the total results of the votes. One example of this is K. Rool. Some people voted for "King K. Rool", some voted for "K. Rool", some voted for "K.Rool", some for "K Rool". You get the picture.

I'm sure you'll notice this and count them all together in the final results, especially with the whole 1st Character, 2nd Character, etc. thing screwing up all the votes, counting them as seperate.

Yeah it was a trade off.

I could make a pre-purpose list and have the data automatically aggregate. That would leave to people complaining that their favorite character(s) weren't included on the list. Also, some people would pick characters that are on the list even if they didn't actually 100% want them. Because lazy.

Or I could allow people fill in their own response, and just manually count it. It's more work, but less people complaining at me is nice. Plus, it'd be more representative of what people want.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I tried watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure... and I got bored during the first episode and turned it off. Dio seems like a character that you're supposed to love to hate, but I just wished he'd go away (but from all the memes I've seen, it looks like he's a big part of the show). I also just thought it seemed like a generic anime with the "I just have to keep fighting no matter if lose" stuff.
Anyone want to tell me I'm wrong and convince me to keep watching?
I'd stay continue on with II. Most if not all the fanbase agrees that the first was kinda crappy. And it's not like you're really gonna miss much (apart from Hamon and a few characters there's not much else to it). Plus Part II feels more like Jojo.
And granted, Dio does become a major villain again later on, but he's a lot more tolerable and they amp up the ham.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember the video limit guys.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The dub's biggest issue was how despite that they were accurate with the characters, it was too pun heavy, bad references, how awful characters can be in certain lights (there's a major difference between Daisuke and Davis) and especially the how bad it was censored.
Can't disagree about the puns or bad references, those were a bit much even though I know it's because of the audience they were aiming for. Same with some characters getting changed around as I still dislike what they did to Mimi considering how great her character is in the Japanese version (Davis/Daisuke I'm less irked about because neither version really developed him as a character and he was a butt monkey in the Japanese version as well).

As for it being badly censored, I'm a bit mixed on that. Some elements are very badly censored, especially in the early seasons (Golemon and Pumpkinmon went into a "Digital Dungeon?" Sure Myotismon). However, then we have major elements like Leomon's many deaths (especially Tamers ignoring that one line change), Tai breaking down when his sister's health was in crisis, and Jeri's general emotional state with the D-Reaper. Those elements were pretty well handled all things considered, especially since at the time Digimon aired other shows may've very well cut around that content.

I still wouldn't say it was the best kids dub I've seen in that regard and the mistakes that it did have were problematic, but I will give it credit for what it did right.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Welcome to the NintenZone Social thread v.2.0! Given this is a social, pretty much anything goes so long as it does not violate any of SWF's Global Rules. Ex. Double Posting (please use the edit button), Media only posts (count as spam), flaming, censor dodging and inappropriate content, advertising,

Please report and ignore any posts you think are problematic. If you have questions, feel free to tag or PM a Staff member. Though if you wish to contest a Staff ruling or site policy, please PM the given Staff member or make a thread in the Forum Support boards; lets not try to keep the thread positive and on-topic.

Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member.

Gaming as a whole can be found in the Light House boards, and Mario/Zelda/Pokemon discussion threads belong in their respective sub-forums.

Thread rules:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed.

Any questions regarding these rules may be asked to any of the moderators in charge:
@Firus
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
#2. Please read the OP and rules. I'm going to change the title for 24 hours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And I see you people are talking of Adventure's Music.
This song for being in a sewer, Isn't Crap.
Adventure has one of the best OST.
Sonic Adventure series has my favorite music in gaming. :sonic:

S

Silver_1357

This song TELLS you that you've gotta go fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Since we're on the topic, I'm going to say it now.

Ice Cap is a hella overrated song.
Ice Cap has nothing on Cool Edge.
Cool Edge Day is the best snow stage/ music in Sonic
Sonic Adventure series has my favorite music in gaming. :sonic:
See I think the Advance series has great music.
3 in particular is my favourite.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can't disagree about the puns or bad references, those were a bit much even though I know it's because of the audience they were aiming for. Same with some characters getting changed around as I still dislike what they did to Mimi considering how great her character is in the Japanese version (Davis/Daisuke I'm less irked about because neither version really developed him as a character and he was a butt monkey in the Japanese version as well).

As for it being badly censored, I'm a bit mixed on that. Some elements are very badly censored, especially in the early seasons (Golemon and Pumpkinmon went into a "Digital Dungeon?" Sure Myotismon). However, then we have major elements like Leomon's many deaths (especially Tamers ignoring that one line change), Tai breaking down when his sister's health was in crisis, and Jeri's general emotional state with the D-Reaper. Those elements were pretty well handled all things considered, especially since at the time Digimon aired other shows may've very well cut around that content.

I still wouldn't say it was the best kids dub I've seen in that regard and the mistakes that it did have were problematic, but I will give it credit for what it did right.
I still consider Tamers an incredible dub and it shows especially considering it was on right around the time of 9/11. During then, a lot of stuff got censored hard and Digimon Tamers (and Power Rangers as well) avoided a lot of that stuff and kept he source material almost the same.

I think Disney and Toei did a great job on Frontier and Savers as well. Have not seen Fusion but I'm not hearing anything good about it either so there's that.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
S

Silver_1357

Did you here the Neo Green Hill Zone remaster? They need to remaster the whole Sonic Advance soundtrack.
Yep.

They really need to remaster this.

It was one of my favorite songs from teh game. ;_;

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If Shovel Knight is in as DLC, effectively "lowering the bar" as far as character legacy for guest spots go, would anyone be for a Bravely Default character as a Square Enix rep?

The game sold incredibly well for a new IP, was published by Nintendo in Europe and North America, and is a Nintendo exclusive.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bravely-defaults-strong-sales-continue-reach-1-mil/1100-6421345/
And now you reminded me that Bravely Second isn't coming out here until 2016.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And now you reminded me that Bravely Second isn't coming out here until 2016.
FE Fates, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Ace Attorney 6, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, possible Pokemon Z and Braverly Second all coming out on the 3DS in 2016?

Man, 3DS is gonna be killing it next year.

If Shovel Knight is in as DLC, effectively "lowering the bar" as far as character legacy for guest spots go, would anyone be for a Bravely Default character as a Square Enix rep?

The game sold incredibly well for a new IP, was published by Nintendo in Europe and North America, and is a Nintendo exclusive.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bravely-defaults-strong-sales-continue-reach-1-mil/1100-6421345/
Absolutely 110%
Probably my favorite choice for any 3rd party. I love the moveset potential and the game. Can't wait for Bravely second either :p

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
oh someone made a 3D model for Shovel Knight amiibo
Ok good, so this was already posted.

So, you know, no one can make fake leak and think it's real.

This guy is a timelord cuz this stuff makes no sense how he could make custom stuff like this so fast.

...Oh and favorite Sonic game/track?

Alrighty then. While we're at it...

1.Sonic 3 & Knuckles (AKA Sonic 3 Complete)
2. Sonic Generations
3. Sonic 2
4. Sonic Colors
5.Sonic Adventure (1)
Eh, close enough, just throw in Unleashed and/or SA2 in there somewhere and that's me.

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS Do you love my posts or something? ._.
You must of posted something I liked or something.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Haven't played the games myself but I heard good things, I wouldn't mind.

S

Silver_1357

Ok good, so this was already posted.

So, you know, no one can make fake leak and think it's real.

This guy is a timelord cuz this stuff makes no sense how he could make custom stuff like this so fast.

...Oh and favorite Sonic game/track?

Eh, close enough, just throw in Unleashed and/or SA2 in there somewhere and that's me.

You must of posted something I liked or something.
So on half of all my posts I made here(when I arrived) you liked them all?

Huh.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

It's tied between a Bravely Default character and Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You for me. Since I've yet to play BD I'm leaning more toward Neku for a Squeenix rep, though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Indeed. I try to keep an eye on this thread because of interesting Rumors, but it is hard when pages takes minutes to load. :/
I think the new font may have something to do with it too. I get lag when loading any topic on mobile, whether there are videos or not.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't mind a Bravely Default/Second character in Smash.

I have played the first game, though I haven't finished it yet. I like the twists it puts in what is otherwise classic JRPG gameplay.

And the music is just great.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think the new font may have something to do with it too. I get lag when loading any topic on mobile, whether there are videos or not.
Ah, I forgot we got a new font. :/ But then again, this site has been laggy for me all year. It was just worse now than ever before.

Chrono.

I've tried getting into BD at least 3 times (with the demo) and I just... can't.

Which is a shame because I like just about everything else (characters seem charming, music is good, it looks nice) but I can't get into actually playing it.

Then again I had a similar situation with FE Awakening, which I ended up... kinda liking in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom