• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Speaking of English Dubs.. I am very disappointed there is not a Eng Dub for any of the Yaoi animes out there. Like Junjou Romantica. Imagen the amazing possibilities. It would be absolutely amazingly horrible.

Chrono.

I like Drummand and I'm okay with Griffith and Roger but I can't help but prefer Junichi Kanemaru and the rest of the Japanese cast instead.
I'm the odd one I guess.
I like the Japanese cast as well, especially Kanna's Knuckles.

Also in the middle of the AA6 hype, I forgot MGSV is out for real. Watch out for spoilers!

D

Deleted member

Speaking of English Dubs.. I am very disappointed there is not a Eng Dub for any of the Yaoi animes out there. Like Junjou Romantica. Imagen the amazing possibilities. It would be absolutely amazingly horrible.
Only if all the bishi boys have deep voices.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ryan Drummond is my favorite Sanic voice and David Humphrey is my favorite Shadow. Mike Pollock's Eggman is still the best though.

D

Deleted member

All of the voices from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are my favorite (although I know Knuckles has a dif voice actor in 2 but they are both very similar).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I rally can't get pissed aat 4Kids except for One Piece butchering and Sonic X wasn't really good by Japan RAWs except for Sonic Drive and Open Your Heart playing in the Japanese version.

Sonic OVA is still superior.
TMNT 2K3 was great for the first 5 seasons. Also Leonardo is Shirou Emiya

Aight. I can take your opinion seriously.

But you're right about the Saturday morning cartoons thing.

"HALLO EVERYBADAYY!" - Japanese Sonic while trying out Engrish.
You hating on Junichi? Guy is better Sonic than Drummond, Griffith and Smith combined.

Especially considering he's been Sonic's voice since 1998. For 18 YEARS

S

Silver_1357

When I thought of Sonic as a kid, I thought as if a million chili dogs were crowded around me waiting to be eaten.

And that's no good.
sonicsezthatsnogood1.gif

MainJPW

M.T.A
All of the voices from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are my favorite (although I know Knuckles has a dif voice actor in 2 but they are both very similar).
Speaking of Knuckles Scott Dreier was the best portrayal of him, a nice deep chill voice when calm which is how Knuckles should sound.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hearing Sonic speak in Japanese always feels weird to me. He feels more like an american franchise despite his origins being in Japan. Also, the japanese voice actors lack Sonic's cool tude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

As overused as they may sound, Knuckles' themes were the best thing about the Adventure games.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I loved their Sonic X dub, personally. Only complaints I have with Sonic X is that Chris in that show.

What was the issue? He sounded fine to me and I've watched the entire series.
Sounded like the kind of voice a kid on a playground would come up with in an attempt at a Japanese accent.

S

Silver_1357

I rally can't get pissed aat 4Kids except for One Piece butchering and Sonic X wasn't really good by Japan RAWs except for Sonic Drive and Open Your Heart playing in the Japanese version.

Sonic OVA is still superior.
TMNT 2K3 was great for the first 5 seasons. Also Leonardo is Shirou Emiya

You hating on Junichi? Guy is better Sonic than Drummond, Griffith and Smith combined.

Especially considering he's been Sonic's voice since 1998. For 18 YEARS
I'm not. It's just funny how he sounds when he talks engrish.

Plz don't hurt me

D

Deleted member

As overused as they may sound, Knuckles' themes were the best thing about the Adventure games.
Da gameplay is da best thing!

Real talk: If I had a top 5 Sonic game list, this would be mine.

1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Sonic Adventure 1
3. Sonic Adventure 2
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic Advance

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Knuckles raps in general were amazingly cheesy but just plain amazing at the same time. But SA1's Unknown from M.E. is still always going to be the best.

I especially like the modern day re imagining.

...come on, you KNEW it was coming.

Last edited:
S

Silver_1357

Wait.....this is called the NintenZone, yet we're talking about a SEGA character.

I'm fine with it.

Anyways, I really liked Sonic CD, the music was great.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
The Knuckles raps in general were amazingly cheesy but just plain amazing at the same time. But SA1's Unknown from M.E. is still always going to be the best.

I especially like the modern day re imagining.

...come on, you KNEW it was coming.
Featuring Knuckles from the KNUCKLES MAY CHUCKLE series.

Soul.

1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Sonic Adventure 1
3. Sonic Adventure 2
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic Advance
I like most of them, but Sonic 3 and Knuckles/SA games are the best for me, mainly because of the songs. Aquatic Mine is so chill lmao
Hydrocity is gdlk.
God bless this song.
Did I ever show you the Unknown from M.E. remix?
No. Show me it if possible.

D

Deleted member

Wait.....this is called the NintenZone, yet we're talking about a SEGA character.

I'm fine with it.

Anyways, I really liked Sonic CD, the music was great.
We'll just use the excuse that Sonic is in Smash Bros. :4sonic:

Here's my favorite track from Sonic CD.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I honestly think RCS is Sonic's best VA. I don't know, I feel like something about him just clicks.

Also, Knuckles' raps are amazing and no one can tell me otherwise.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Can't remember, it's been a while since I heard SA1's OST, I liked the Chao Garden theme an Chaos 6 though
The full instrumental version I'm talking about is new actually. As for the Chao Garden theme there's a different version of it that was found in an SA prototype released two years ago, I could pull it up.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, Capcom is making a comeback and I'm hype. I swear if we get some new featuring a certain Blue Bomber and it looks good then CapGod is back

image.jpg

1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Sonic Adventure 1
3. Sonic Adventure 2
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic Advance
If I'm going by my favorite Sonic games then it's

1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
  2. Sonic CD
  3. Sonic Adventure
  4. Sonic Advance
  5. Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed

D

Deleted member

I like most of them, but Sonic 3 and Knuckles/SA games are the best for me, mainly because of the songs. Aquatic Mine is so chill lmao
Hydrocity is gdlk.
God bless this song.
Yeah, Sonic & Knuckles is like my favorite game period of all time. In my eyes it's 100% perfection.
Aquatic Mine is one of my fav SA2 songs, it "sure beats fightin' with the foes all the time".

Speaking of Hydrocity, it's an awesome track. You should check out how it sounds with Sonic 2 Genesis instruments!

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Sonic Adventure 1
3. Sonic Adventure 2
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic Advance
Okay, let me see...

1. Sonic Generations
2. Sonic Heroes
3. Sonic Unleashed
4. Sonic Adventure
5.Sonic Adventure 2

Status