• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Da gameplay is da best thing!

Real talk: If I had a top 5 Sonic game list, this would be mine.

1. Sonic & Knuckles
2. Sonic Adventure 1
3. Sonic Adventure 2
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic Advance
Alrighty then. While we're at it...

1.Sonic 3 & Knuckles (AKA Sonic 3 Complete)
2. Sonic Generations
3. Sonic 2
4. Sonic Colors
5.Sonic Adventure (1)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that ship was crushed. Hope you aren't too cross
Dio: YOU'LL FEEL NO PAIN
Jonathan:D-Dio...
I... I can't believe you just did that
Not only you made 3 puns in a row, they were also just disrespectful to Caesar
I'm done with you and your German Science

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The full instrumental version I'm talking about is new actually. As for the Chao Garden theme there's a different version of it that was found in an SA prototype released two years ago, I could pull it up.
The final version, I don't like the slower paced version from SA2

My fav Sonic games
5. Sonic Generations
4. Sonic Chronicles (Give a gal a break, overall fun game)
3. Sonic Adventure 2
2. Sonic 3&K
1. Sonic Heroes

Dammit friends, stop sending me oraoraora stuff

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
We're doing top 5 Sonic games?

1) 3 and Knuckles
2) Generations
3) Colors
4) 2
5) Err... Adventure 1, I guess? I like CD, but Adventure is too fun to break...

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So I tried watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure... and I got bored during the first episode and turned it off. Dio seems like a character that you're supposed to love to hate, but I just wished he'd go away (but from all the memes I've seen, it looks like he's a big part of the show). I also just thought it seemed like a generic anime with the "I just have to keep fighting no matter if lose" stuff.
Anyone want to tell me I'm wrong and convince me to keep watching?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I... I can't believe you just did that
Not only you made 3 puns in a row, they were also just disrespectful to Caesar
I'm done with you and your German Science
HA! being done with me is USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS!!!!! A MERE TRAP CAN'T DEFEAT A NINJA FROG
So I tried watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure... and I got bored during the first episode and turned it off. Dio seems like a character that you're supposed to love to hate, but I just wished he'd go away (but from all the memes I've seen, it looks like he's a big part of the show). I also just thought it seemed like a generic anime with the "I just have to keep fighting no matter if lose" stuff.
PArt 2 starts at the 10th Episode, Dio doesn't appear. It's a fact that PArt 1 is the weakest entry. Though Dio kills a dog at the end of the first episode by burning it alive

Last edited:

Soul.

Yeah, Sonic & Knuckles is like my favorite game period of all time. In my eyes it's 100% perfection.
Aquatic Mine is one of my fav SA2 songs, it "sure beats fightin' with the foes all the time".

Speaking of Hydrocity, it's an awesome track. You should check out how it sounds with Sonic 2 Genesis instruments!

Yeah, like, it's just so good. I miss that kind of Sonic games, where they knew what to do. Colors and Generations are good though I'll give them that. Planet Wisp is the best and no one can tell me otherwise

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I rally can't get pissed aat 4Kids except for One Piece butchering and Sonic X wasn't really good by Japan RAWs except for Sonic Drive and Open Your Heart playing in the Japanese version.
Yeah, as someone who grew up with the dub and then watched most of the Japanese version later, I feel that many of the major problems that I had with Sonic X were present in both versions. Chris was an annoying spotlight stealer, numerous characters had certain traits exaggerated (Knuckle's butt monkey status, Amy's clinginess, etc.), and certain arcs I personally didn't find that enjoyable in the dub still weren't enjoyable in the Japanese version. So regardless of which one I watched, I tended to think the same thing about the show no matter what the language it was in.

I guess this is what happens with Lost in Translation thing. One of the 2 biggest examples of this was with Digimon when Saban got it first. There was a lot of thing skewed over in the West and in video game sense PS1 version of Persona 1.
Pretty much, especially on Persona. I did feel Digimon got a bit better as time went on (though then again, that dub had a rough start until the Myotismon arc in general), but I could be misremembering that as I haven't watched the dub in a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I COULD post my favorite Sonic track here but everyone should know what's the best track anyways, it's not even an opinion it's a fact by now
The first three episodes are basically just a set up to the actual anime imo
It teaches you to:
Hate Dio
Trust Speedwagon
Hate Dio
And trust Speedwagon

Part 1 isn't that good in terms of plot, it is basically "Dio is evil, quick, let's stop him!"
But Part 2 definitely gets better even if it is 0% Dio

And why would anyone want Dio to go away? I hate him... but I love him... but I hate him...
HA! being done with me is USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS!!!!! A MERE TRAP CAN'T DEFEAT A NINJA FROG

PArt 2 starts at the 10th Episode, Dio doesn't appear. It's a fact that PArt 1 is the weakest entry. Though Dio kills a dog at the end of the first episode by burning it alive
HA! YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD! I HAVE MORE TYPES OF TRAP UNDER MY SLEEVE THAN YOU'D THINK

Also, FYI, trust no one, not even the guy that punched and bullied you, burned your dog alive and kissed your girlfriend

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Since we're on the topic, I'm going to say it now.

Ice Cap is a hella overrated song.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Please note, overrated =/= bad
I COULD post my favorite Sonic track here but everyone should know what's the best track anyways, it's not even an opinion it's a fact by now

The first three episodes are basically just a set up to the actual anime imo
It teaches you to:
Hate Dio
Trust Speedwagon
Hate Dio
And trust Speedwagon

Part 1 isn't that good in terms of plot, it is basically "Dio is evil, quick, let's stop him!"
But Part 2 definitely gets better even if it is 0% Dio

And why would anyone want Dio to go away? I hate him... but I love him... but I hate him...

HA! YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD! I HAVE MORE TYPES OF TRAP UNDER MY SLEEVE THAN YOU'D THINK

Also, FYI, trust no one, not even the guy that punched and bullied you, burned your dog alive and kissed your girlfriend
WAIT TILL YOU SEE MY STAND!

CHEERY MERCHANT!

MainJPW

M.T.A
The final version, I don't like the slower paced version from SA2
Hm? I'm referring to this, it's an early version of the SA1 garden theme:

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsmash-adams-1%2Fsonic-adventure-autodemo
My fav Sonic games
5. Sonic Generations
4. Sonic Chronicles (Give a gal a break, overall fun game)
3. Sonic Adventure 2
2. Sonic 3&K
1. Sonic Heroes
I'll go ahead and list mine:
5. Sonic Advance
4. Sonic Battle
3. Sonic 2
2. Sonic CD
1. Sonic 3&K

D

Deleted member

Even though you're probably talking about the Sonic 3 song, let's admit that nothing comes close to this:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hm? I'm referring to this, it's an early version of the SA1 garden theme:

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsmash-adams-1%2Fsonic-adventure-autodemo
I'll go ahead and list mine:
5. Sonic Advance
4. Sonic Battle
3. Sonic 2
2. Sonic CD
1. Sonic 3&K
I meant the final version of SA1's CG theme
Even though you're probably talking about the Sonic 3 song, let's admit that nothing comes close to this:

It sounds less COOL than I remember it being

S

Silver_1357

Top 5 favorite Sanic games.

1. Sonic Generations
  2. Sonic 3 and Knuckles
  3. Sonic CD
  4. Sonic Advance
  5. Sonic Heroes

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, I guess I'll say my top 5 Sonic games:
1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
3. Sonic the Hedgehog
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 4
5. Sonic Generations 3DS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man! love that jazzy part.

I love how fantastically great the guitars are used in Sonic Adventure like, just wow.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, as someone who grew up with the dub and then watched most of the Japanese version later, I feel that many of the major problems that I had with Sonic X were present in both versions. Chris was an annoying spotlight stealer, numerous characters had certain traits exaggerated (Knuckle's butt monkey status, Amy's clinginess, etc.), and certain arcs I personally didn't find that enjoyable in the dub still weren't enjoyable in the Japanese version. So regardless of which one I watched, I tended to think the same thing about the show no matter what the language it was in.
One of the biggest examples were the Metarex Saga. It's was pretty bad especially the Shadow **** riding and how useless Eggman was (don't make me mention Dark Sonic). But my biggest surprise was how Chris got betas a character considering he just adult in a kid's body. It jump whatever shark that it didn't years ago.

Pretty much, especially on Persona. I did feel Digimon got a bit better as time went on (though then again, that dub had a rough start until the Myotismon arc in general), but I could be misremembering that as I haven't watched the dub in a while.
The dub's biggest issue was how despite that they were accurate with the characters, it was too pun heavy, bad references, how awful characters can be in certain lights (there's a major difference between Daisuke and Davis) and especially the how bad it was censored.

Soul.

Guys.
Iced Innocence.
Ice Cap. Just listen to it.

inb4 it sounds like ****

S

Silver_1357

And this has a similar, but, slower bass and tempo that sounds like it was the basis of Launch Base Zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Khoru

Smash Champion
phantom blood is mostly pretty generic hokuto no ken-type stuff
it's boring af but it's frowned upon to skip it

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last day to vote guys. I'm going to do a short write up tomorrow night. Spread the word on the street. It has 676 responses so far.
I just voted, and noticed an issue you will probably come across when doing the write-up. People referred to the same character by different names, which meant they were all counted separately in the total results of the votes. One example of this is K. Rool. Some people voted for "King K. Rool", some voted for "K. Rool", some voted for "K.Rool", some for "K Rool". You get the picture.

I'm sure you'll notice this and count them all together in the final results, especially with the whole 1st Character, 2nd Character, etc. thing screwing up all the votes, counting them as seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom