• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What other names did they change? I'm curious now
"And that's why the people of this world, believe in... Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl... and Staven!"
-The world is divided up into Lands rather than Realms (Forest Land, Ocean Land, etc)
-Aboda Village is called Outset Village
-Papuchia Village is called Papuzia Village
-Forest Temple is called Wooded Temple
-Snow Temple is called Blizzard Temple
-Ocean Temple is called Marine Temple
-Fire Temple is called Mountain Temple
-Boss 4 is called Vulcano
-Rabbitland Resue is called Rabbit Haven
-Wellspring Station is called Icy Spring
-Byrne is named Staven
-Whittleton is named Mayscore
-Not sure if this is a change, but people have reported only being able to get one quiver upgrade? EU release has a buyable and winnable (Pirate Hideout) quiver upgrade which results in 50 arrows. From what I've read, US release can only get one upgrade which gets you to 50 arrows.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sorry, but I haven't been excited for Pokemon games in quite some times.

Finding the formula stale adding more mons, gimmicks like Mega Evolutions, etc, isn't solving the problem. Sure, some of that stuff is cool...

But it's just distractions from a real problem that is there's not much megawatt change really from the first generation to the current generation.

This is why spin-off games >>>>>>>>>>>> main line games for me. At least they do something different.

D

Deleted member

Finding the formula stale adding more mons, gimmicks like Mega Evolutions, etc, isn't solving the problem. Sure, some of that stuff is cool...

But it's just distractions from a real problem that is there's not much megawatt change really from the first generation to the current generation.

This is why spin-off games >>>>>>>>>>>> main line games for me. At least they do something different.
What do you want them to change then?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Transformed added NiGHTS and Reala which was a plus for me, can't say the same for the rest of the roster (especially the 3rd parties).
Danica Patrick had me confused for the longest time. Like, I get why, but at the same time I don't get why.

Ralph and the TF2 characters were nice though, IMO. Ralph made sense due to Sonic's appearance in Wreck-It Ralph, and the TF2 thing was just funny (though I'd swap Pyro for Scout mainly due to the funnier lines that could come from it). But Danica...

Likely an unpopular opinion though. I just like guest crossovers in general. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What do you want them to change then?
It's not 1995/1996 anymore. Let's talk a total overhaul of gameplay from the floor up and then you have me again main line games.

If other RPGS and Nintendo franchises can change majorly over the course of time? So can Pokemon.

Pokemon Company is just stubborn and stuck in a formula that people eat up still for some reason.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pokemon is very formulaic, it's true.
But at the same time...I kinda enjoyed every Pokemon game all the way through. They didn't really feel stale until after I started trying to grind post-game and raise Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not 1995/1996 anymore. Let's talk a total overhaul of gameplay from the floor up and then you have me again main line games.

If other RPGS and Nintendo franchises can change majorly over the course of time? So can Pokemon. Pokemon Company is just stubborn and stuck in a formula that people eat up still for some reason.
dude...The pokemon formula has changed, abilities, natures, special stat, etc. Why fix something that isn't broke, especially now? It's been doing well for about 20 years, so why suddenly change it now?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Apart from Heartgold I didn't play a single Pokemon game from the original Silver until I bought X. X is literally one of my most played games ever.

The best thing you can do sometimes is take a break.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to bring up something, at E3 2014, Reggie said that Amiibo would not just be compatible with Skylanders (which no one really cares about) but with Disney Infinity. This is great because, it's a give way crossover with Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nintendo, and to an extent, Capcom, Sega, and Bandai Namco, also Shovel Knight. So what do you think of this?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to bring up something, at E3 2014, Reggie said that Amiibo would not just be compatible with Skylanders (which no one really cares about) but with Disney Infinity. This is great because, it's a give way crossover with Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nintendo, and to an extent, Capcom, Sega, and Bandai Namco, also Shovel Knight. So what do you think of this?
I remember seeing some people say Mickey Mouse being in Smash would truely be amazing, though Mario has already beaten Mickey in terms of popularity

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I remember seeing some people say Mickey Mouse being in Smash would truely be amazing, though Mario has already beaten Mickey in terms of popularity
Mario and Sonic at one point
I'm hoping the NX has amiibo compatibility so games like FF XIV, other Ubisoft games and more games as well.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

If other RPGS and Nintendo franchises can change majorly over the course of time? So can Pokemon.

Pokemon Company is just stubborn and stuck in a formula that people eat up still for some reason.
dude...The pokemon formula has changed, abilities, natures, special stat, etc. Why fix something that isn't broke, especially now? It's been doing well for about 20 years, so why suddenly change it now?
Pretty much this, and I'm someone who wished for an action pokemon. Imo, instead of changing mainline pokemon, just make a spinoff (like Pokken, which I'm really excited for) that greatly tests the waters without affecting the image of the mainline.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So Segata managed to break into Project X Zone during his battle with Chuck Norris?
'Kay then

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol. I find it humorous that people are willing to give Pokemon a pass for being formulaic and samey, but Mario gets crapped on the minute Nintendo goes back to New Super Mario Brothers or old school Mario style gameplay. Why is that?

You can't pick and choose people.

I did burn out on Pokemon, but you know why? It's not my fault and no I don't need to ''take a break" for it to get better.

Pokemon Company needs to step out of their safe zone and stop making minor changes in abilities, natures, etc, and do something drastic.

Instead of saying ''OH LOOK NOW THERE'S ANOTHER VERSION OF THIS POKEMON ISN'T THAT SO COOL?!"

I'm not the first person on the internet to say Pokemon's main games are stale, old, and formulaic and won't be the last.

It is broke and it does need fixing. Just like when Nintendo relies on old school Mario gameplay instead of making another innovative Mario along the lines of Sunshine, Galaxy, 64, etc.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Can we please get vaati in hyrule warriors really you literally have ever come on now you have agaith thats scrapping the bottom of tbe barrel

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
.....they found the website I was looking for where Miyamoto mentioned Bowser being in Smash 64 and where Captain Falcon was mentioned before release.
Speaking of scrapped characters, I remember seeing you guys talk about the Sega racing games, did you know that in transformed, Miku, Bayonneta, and Toejam & Earl were all suposed to be in the game but were scrapped last minute.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Lol. I find it humorous that people are willing to give Pokemon a pass for being formulaic and samey, but Mario gets crapped on the minute Nintendo goes back to New Super Mario Brothers or old school Mario style gameplay. Why is that?

I did burn out on Pokemon, but you know why? It's not my fault and no I don't need to ''take a break" for it to get better.

Pokemon Company needs to step out of their safe zone and stop making minor changes in abilities, natures, etc, and do something drastic.

Instead of saying ''OH LOOK NOW THERE'S ANOTHER VERSION OF THIS POKEMON ISN'T THAT SO COOL?!"

I'm not the first person on the internet to say Pokemon's main games are stale, old, and formulaic and won't be the last.

It is broke and it does need fixing. Just like when Nintendo relies on old school Mario gameplay instead of making another innovative Mario along the lines of Sunshine, Galaxy, 64, etc.
Classic Mario games always felt fresh and distinct. Compare SMB, SMB 3, SMW, SML, and SML2 to NSMB, NSMB 2, NSMB Wii, and NSMB Wii U.

It's not that people don't want 2D Mario. It's that they want it to look and feel different.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Seriously man drop it. Cause what you saying is to get rid of what makes Pokemon Pokemon. Which is a terrible idea, the system they have is not broken, the system was mainly broken in gen 1, then gen 2 fixed the big problem, and other gens have mainly been improving and adding different things to Pokemon.

Now if what your saying is they need to change the stories in Pokemon then sure I'll give you that. But it seems to me you are completely asking them to change the gameplay style of Pokemon, which they shouldn't do.

And also shockers of shockers but Zelda, Final Fantasy and Metroid have mainly kept the main gameplay styles and have had different entries in the series add new things, so why isn't Pokemon allowed to keep its gameplay style?

And this made me remember one of the things I hate bloody gamers of today of saying sequels are a terrible thing...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of scrapped characters, I remember seeing you guys talk about the Sega racing games, did you know that in transformed, Miku, Bayonneta, and Toejam & Earl were all suposed to be in the game but were scrapped last minute.
Pretty sure Bayonetta was decided against early on due to her potentially bumping the rating up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Er, no. People give Mario games flak because they usually follow Mario 3's level design. Pokemon adds new battle mechanics, finetunes the fighting system, adds new things outside of actual battling from time to time and adds new Pokemon and moved to spice stuff up. Not to mention spinoffs are pretty frequent for both Mario and Pokemon, we have Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Pokepark, Conquest, Pokken and a few others. There's a larger difference between the two, especially when both Mario and Pokemon can innovate and improve stuff

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
i'm loving this atb in xiii and xiv
You and I are on the same boat. I loved the combat in XIII, but couldnt stand the story, characters (aside from Sazh and Fang), and lack of exploration.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I do wanna write an short article/post one day about two 2 topics but one is already covered about clone situation with comparing the differences in every character and the changes of certain fighters in their transition to the next game.

The second shows my fanboy bias of Punch Out and how boxers from other fighting games influenced :4littlemac:.

I might do a video of the last one because my love for boxers in fighting games and how much the similarities that Mac has with those characters. Although most of them are coincidental.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I guess that "leak" of Pokemon Z (but not Z) is false?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom