• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Tell me about it...
Hopefully we get a new one at some point with a not awful roster.
The first one's roster was actually good (for the most part) but Transformed's roster was pure garbage. So many unneeded cuts.
For its size the first one was decent. But was sorely missing some important characters (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Altered Beast are three of SEGA's most important IPs, how did none of them make it?).

Transformed cut nearly every unique IP that wasn't Sonic, Monkey Ball or Samba De Amigo, added Gilius, Vise, Joe and a bunch of clones and called it a day.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I bought Runbow yesterday...

The soundtrack is incredible.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, I'm more blinded by rage that they gave their original character a costume based on one of the most beloved Zelda characters in yet another attempt to make people like her. Lana really feels like a forced and unnecessary character. Every time I see her it almost feels like I can hear Koei Techmo screaming "We're apart of the legend of Zelda now guys! Please love us!"

I'm going to stop there before I go on a rant, but I will say this- I'd of rather actually had Skull Kid than any of Koei Techmo's Original characters.
Feed her.
FEED HER. :evil:

In all seriousness tho I really love Lana and as soon as I find a good pic I'm changing my avatar.

Soul.

Yo how good is Hyrule Warriors. Is the gameplay repetitive most of the time?
I've seen footage of it but never got to play it; perhaps I'll get the 3DS version. I guess.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I didn't mind Lana. I guess the whole Idol thing got to people.

Plus, she's nowhere bad as Marie where she's forcefully shoehorned bad and Lana is part of a non-canon spinoff so she's stuck in her own universe.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I knew there was a reason we got along so well.
I may...or may not also mimic her moves whenever I play her.

(it doesn't hurt that she can pull off the Max Rupee glitch easily)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I may...or may not also mimic her moves whenever I play her.

(it doesn't hurt that she can pull off the Max Rupee glitch easily)
Max Rupee...glitch??
Explain.

Plus, she's nowhere bad as Marie where she's forcefully shoehorned bad and Lana is part of a non-canon spinoff so she's stuck in her own universe.
For now...

Yo how good is Hyrule Warriors. Is the gameplay repetitive most of the time?
I've seen footage of it but never got to play it; perhaps I'll get the 3DS version. I guess.
Kinda repetitive (by nature of being a hack-and-slash), but you can easily make it not so.
Also, if the 3DS version is good, I would get that version anyway if at all.
Has all the content of the Wii U + more and the game is better suited for handheld anyway, imo.

Chrono.

Oh god yes.

God knows I tried to like Marie, but she comes off as forced too much, her annoying personality doesn't help a lot. Though I can say this about pretty much any post-P4 character, so far only Labrys turned out alright.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Lana isn't inherently bad, my problems with her generally stem from the game itself. I just don't understand why she would be given a move-set that seems like it was intended for Saria, or why she, as well as other characters, would be given multiple weapons instead of just putting in more characters.
In my opinion Lana just Symbolizes Koei Techmo and their odd decision making. Who's fault is it that "_" isn't in the game? Koei Techmo. What Koei Techmo character is practically the face of this game? Lana.

It's kind of Ironic because I love Cia. And just for the record, the only absolutely worthless addition to the game IMO is Wizzro.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Max Rupee...glitch??
Explain.

For now...

Kinda repetitive (by nature of being a hack-and-slash), but you can easily make it not so.
Also, if the 3DS version is good, I would get that version anyway if at all.
Has all the content of the Wii U + more and the game is better suited for handheld anyway, imo.
Basically you do a range move + finish the monster at the same time...with Rupee+ on your weapon, it causes an overflow error and gives you 9,999,999 rupees. It's really cool but it only allows you to level up the character around 10-20 levels at the higher levels. I figured I needed to do it 40 more times to get all my characters up to 200, and I lost interest. You can't do it with 100% accuracy (there's a bit of luck involved). I have most of my characters around 100 because of that. Got 80% or so of the first map finished, just missing a few weapons.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Basically you do a range move + finish the monster at the same time...with Rupee+ on your weapon, it causes an overflow error and gives you 9,999,999 rupees. It's really cool but it only allows you to level up the character around 10-20 levels at the higher levels. I figured I needed to do it 40 more times to get all my characters up to 200, and I lost interest. You can't do it with 100% accuracy (there's a bit of luck involved). I have most of my characters around 100 because of that. Got 80% or so of the first map finished, just missing a few weapons.
Wow.
I will try that.
I won't make much use of it if it trivializes the game though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wow.
I will try that.
I won't make much use of it if it trivializes the game though.
For me, post completing all of the story and collecting (most of the Skullata) the game turned into mindless grinding. Fun for awhile, but it's really boring. Don't get me wrong...I've spent over 100 hours playing Hyrule Warriors. But it started feeling like a chore.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As for Spongebob, I've talked about this a loooooooooooooong time ago. The show isn't popular at all. Spongebob is seen as just another cute character. They call him "Bob" here.

Shrek? No one really knows Shrek here. I think his movies were translated it but I've never heard or seen any mentions from any of my students. He's probably too ugly to be popular. If he was cuter...
Yeah, I can definitely see that cuteness is a very big thing in Japan, I mean just look at this,

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I like Lana...

please don't kill me

IMO, she's a very fun character and really brings some charm to the "universes colliding" concept. Without her, the story would feel really serious, and it wouldn't be as, well..."fun".
I like her too. I enjoy non-serious characters compared to serious characters. Also, dragon surfing FTW. But I can see why people aren't exactly a fan of her Skull Kid outfit.
Still, I liked the original characters. Though I think Wizzro and Volga spoiled me in terms of characters representing an enemy or boss. Now I want to see more characters based on bosses or enemies, like an Iron Knuckle and Blind. Also, I'm still unhappy that they teased us with characters wielding other character's weapons and not giving us the option to. Here's hoping it's a feature in Legends that can be moved over like the characters.
And I think they missed an opportunity with Sheik. Rather than make her Zelda disguised just for reference sake, they could've had Zelda captured and have darkness attempt to possess her like what it did with Cia and Sheik could've been a part of Zelda that escaped corruption, like Lana, and is trying to aid the party in getting to Zelda before she gets fully corrupted, like what happened with Cia. That could've been a cooler plot twist while not only keeping the reference that Sheik is Zelda, but also adding in the reference of Ganondorf possessing Zelda in Twilight Princess.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like her too. I enjoy non-serious characters compared to serious characters. Also, dragon surfing FTW. But I can see why people aren't exactly a fan of her Skull Kid outfit.
Still, I liked the original characters. Though I think Wizzro and Volga spoiled me in terms of characters representing an enemy or boss. Now I want to see more characters based on bosses or enemies, like an Iron Knuckle and Blind. Also, I'm still unhappy that they teased us with characters wielding other character's weapons and not giving us the option to. Here's hoping it's a feature in Legends that can be moved over like the characters.
And I think they missed an opportunity with Sheik. Rather than make her Zelda disguised just for reference sake, they could've had Zelda captured and have darkness attempt to possess her like what it did with Cia and Sheik could've been a part of Zelda that escaped corruption, like Lana, and is trying to aid the party in getting to Zelda before she gets fully corrupted, like what happened with Cia. That could've been a cooler plot twist while not only keeping the reference that Sheik is Zelda, but also adding in the reference of Ganondorf possessing Zelda in Twilight Princess.
I have wanted for a long time to see Sheik show up...in the same place as Zelda.
Though I imagined it as more of an "after the story" thing.
Like say Sheik shows up and helps you the whole game, then Zelda is saves, and in the final cutscene with Link and Zelda, Sheik is watching from the distance or something.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i mean really that'd just open the gates for those stupid SHEEK'S A BOY theories
it wouldn't mean that but it'd have a hole open

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I was actually hoping Sheik was Ocarina of Time Zelda, and she would've been like, you done ****ed up to HW Link & Zelda.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think I want Skullgirls. DammitNinty let us have Skullgirls on the WiiU.

Also, Lana headcanon!
Lana loves Link but at the end of HW Zelda and Link hook up, Lana actually looks saddened, this jealousy and such gives Lana the dark power turning her into Cia. It's an endless cycle

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Lana isn't inherently bad, my problems with her generally stem from the game itself. I just don't understand why she would be given a move-set that seems like it was intended for Saria, or why she, as well as other characters, would be given multiple weapons instead of just putting in more characters.
In my opinion Lana just Symbolizes Koei Techmo and their odd decision making. Who's fault is it that "_" isn't in the game? Koei Techmo. What Koei Techmo character is practically the face of this game? Lana.

It's kind of Ironic because I love Cia. And just for the record, the only absolutely worthless addition to the game IMO is Wizzro.
You mean like the decision they made to completely change how Impa actually fights as an example? As well as giving her a weapon that would've gone so well with Nabooru as well?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In terms of Lana I think she's a pretty decent character.
But right now I'm hyped over the best Link getting into Hyrule Warriors along side his other self's.
:4link::younglinkmelee::4tlink:
And come on. Where's that Wind Waker Remix at.
Been waiting for that since E3.
That Wind Waker Remix makes me hope the game comes out soon. Also, do we have anything for Spirit Tracks? I forget

D

Deleted member

I like Lana tbh
She was one of my favorite characters to play in HW alongside Impa
Also, I really hope they would add some of the DS characters
I mean
We still don't have the best Zelda character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I like Lana tbh
She was one of my favorite characters to play in HW alongside Impa
Also, I really hope they would add some of the DS characters
I mean
We still don't have the best Zelda character
I remember him getting you in trouble in ST. Fun fact! I bought Spirit Tracks for 20 euros, Phantom Hourglass was in the exact same store. 40 euros. What the actual ****

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
That Wind Waker Remix makes me hope the game comes out soon. Also, do we have anything for Spirit Tracks? I forget
If we get anything from Spirit tracks I will have nostalgia overload.
I can just see it now. Alfonzo using the spirit train to complete wreck hordes of enemies.
Or hell even Spirit Zelda would be cool if done Right.
Also I can't wait to see if Toon Link get's a design alteration.
if he has a scarf I will be so hyped.

D

Deleted member

I remember him getting you in trouble in ST. Fun fact! I bought Spirit Tracks for 20 euros, Phantom Hourglass was in the exact same store. 40 euros. What the actual ****
That was his grandson actually
I also bought ST for about $20 a year ago
I never finished it because I can't play the desert song right :'^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If we get anything from Spirit tracks I will have nostalgia overload.
I can just see it now. Alfonzo using the spirit train to complete wreck hordes of enemies.
Or hell even Spirit Zelda would be cool if done Right.
Also I can't wait to see if Toon Link get's a design alteration.
if he has a scarf I will be so hyped.
I really want Spirit tracks content, it's easily my favourite Zelda game. Though Wind Waker HD might beat it

D

Deleted member

Playing EOU2 when suddenly
I love screenshots taken out of context
WVW69iXXcq4qBuNcP6.jpg

Also, you guys want ST stuff?
Well

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That was his grandson actually
I also bought ST for about $20 a year ago
I never finished it because I can't play the desert song right :'^)
Here's what I did. Blow the note that you need, let go of the flute and then go to the next note. It took me a while, doesn't help it's needed against the final boss
Staven would be cool actually

D

Deleted member

Here's what I did. Blow the note that you need, let go of the flute and then go to the next note. It took me a while, doesn't help it's needed against the final boss

Staven would be cool actually
Staven?
I'm pretty sure his name is Byrne

D

Deleted member

D'oh. Forgot that they changed ALMOST EVERY SINGLE NAME in the PAL version. He's called Staven here

Also, that leaker said we'd get the new Pokemon stuff now, didn't they?
What other names did they change? I'm curious now
"And that's why the people of this world, believe in... Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl... and Staven!"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Screw it. Pokemon Zero.

A prequel to RBGY games where you play as a young Professor Oak.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Direct incoming?

I feel like the new HW info could be another case of Direct info being published in Famitsu immediately following the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom