• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ditto Moveset because I suddenly had the idea
Overview: Ditto will be always in his default form when it's not attacking
It will only transform when performing an attack and its hitbox will change during startup, hitbox and endlag phases
Also, for the sake of narrowing down options, I'm going to only use Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon
Entrance: Ditto appears as a Pokeball in the battlefield before reverting back to normal

:107:Jab: transforms into Hitmochan, releasing two fast jabs turning into an infinite jab and ending with a low punch finisher
:114:Side Tilt: turns into Tangela and swips its tentacles in front of it in an horizontal arc
:207:Up Tilt: turns into Gligar and does a flip, attacking with its tail in an arch
:206:Down Tilt: turns into Dunsparce and bites in the low front of it
:100:Dash Attack: turns into Voltorb and uses Rollout

:109:NAir: turns into Koffing, releasing poison gases around it, multihitting move
:169:FAir: turns into Crobat and uses X-Scissor in front of it
:093:BAir: turns into Haunter and swips a Shadow Claw behind it as it turns backwards
:017:UAir: turns into Pidgeotto and flaps its wings upwards, while also creating a windbox similar to GW's UAir
:227:DAir: turns into Skarmory and dives into the ground, stall and fall move

:015:Side Smash: turns into Beedrill and thrusts forward with one of its stings in front of it, good shield breaking move
:121:Down Smash: turns into Starmie and uses Rapid Spin, trapping the opponent before launching them
:214:Up Smash: turns into Heracross and attacks with its horn upwards

:108:Grab: turns into Licktung and grabs with its tongue
Pummel: squeezes the opponent
:064:FThrow: Turns into Kadabra and throws the opponent forward with a psychic energy
:212:BThrow: turns into Scizor that grabs the opponent before throwing them back
:190:DThrow: turns into Aipom and throws the opponent with its Tail Hand downwards
:127:UThrow: turns into Pinsir and grabs with its tweezers before throwing them ulwards

Other attacks
:050:Ledge get up attack: turns into Diglett and enters inside the ledge before coming out and attacking
:205:Ground get up attack front: turns into Ferrothorn, quickly pushing its arms(?) outwards
:211:Ground get up attack back: turns into Qwilfish and swells
:129:Tripped get up attack: turns into Magikarp and splashes around, this time with effect

Specials
:133:B-Eevee Roulette: turns into one of the 5 Eeveelutions and throws a projectile of their type
The order will always be: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon and Umbreon
:134: Bubblebeam: throws bubbles that don't travel much but stay out a little before bursting, opponents touching them will cause them to burst too
:135:Electro Ball: quicly throws a ball of electicity in front of it, dealing more damage the slower the opponent is
:136:Fire Blast: throws a slow fire ball that explodes upon contact, trapping enemies in a multihitting move before launching them similar to Robin's Arcthunder
:196:Psycho Cut: throws two fast psychic cuts(duh) in front of it, good breaking shield move
:197:Dark Pulse: throws a wave of dark energy around it that launches opponents, hitting its back too

:215:Side B-Pursuit: Ditto turns into Sneasel and dashes forward, with the hitbox only coming out when the move connects
A weak move but it ignores intangible frames(spotdodge, roll, airdodge) and its damage will be greatly increased
Has a lot of ending lag if it fails and the move won't come out if the opponent shields

:122:Up B-Light Screen: Ditto turns into Mr. Mime and creates a screen under it, while on top of it, Ditto will stay as Mr. Mime and can either do a boosted jump or attack out of it.
Does not force into freefall
Screen will disapear after 2 seconds

:202:Down B-Counter: turns into Wobbufet and enters a super armor state, of it's hit during it, Ditto will counter for double the damage received

:132:Final Smash-Transform: Ditto transforms into its opponent and uses their Final Smash
Gaining their moveset if it's a transformation FS
If fighting another Ditto, will randomly use one

Taunts:
Down-turns into its opponent and uses their down taunt
Agaisnt other Dittos, tries to transform but fails
Up-turns randomly into one of the Pokemon in its moveset and strikes a pose
Side-stretches itself around
This took me about an hour to come up with
Any thoughts are appreciated
This is amazing! Well done!
I meant similar, not equal. Still I really love your move set, a lot, so in the end your moveset is what imo really matters.
Also here's a leak that's probably fake.
render is good but probably fake. And Shadow looks to happy....

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I have teased. You have waited.

It's over. Evil steps approach, dark clouds envelop the skies and thunder roars.

The King has arrived... The wielder of the Triforce of Power. The Evil King! Ganondorf! :4ganondorf:

Wait... Why is he fighting like a certain F-Zero racer? Or is he?

That's right, my article on Ganondorf is finally ready. Check it out!

Special thanks to @ PushDustIn PushDustIn for his help once more.

Highlights:
- Ganondorf's backstory
- Key points about Ganondorf's portrayal
- Ganondorf in Melee and the very peculiar circumstances of his inclusion
- Changes in Brawl and origin of his moves, animations, taunts and other mannerisms he shows in Smash
- Why I think Black Shadow isn't a good idea as a fodder for Ganondorf's moveset
- Pros and cons of decloning and keeping him as a clone
- My own opinion in the matter and criticism of Sakurai's decisions

The article is long, but I really worked hard on it. Thanks for your time and don't forget to share!
You sir, have summarized my opinion on Ganondorf, and I agree with all of your points. Was nice to see where some of his moves may have been based on.

Personally, seeing Black Shadow take Ganon's moveset wouldn't work in my opinion, as the moveset Ganon has was made with him in mind. It's like people who want Sami or Andy with Snake's moveset. It wouldn't work like that honestly.

Great article, and the effort was well worth it!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I was going on 4chan to make a crappy fake text leak (cuz why not) and I found this(I didn't make this):
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309095162
Nintendo is planning to bring Smash 4 over to the NX under the name "Super Smash Bros. for NX."

It's going to include all the current DLC, including characters, stages, and costumes. It's also going to have all the stages from the 3DS version, as well as all the ones from the Wii U version, plus a couple of brand new stages that will become DLC in Smash Wii U and 3DS later on.

Smash Run and Smash Tour will both be on the NX version along with some new options to customize your games. Adventure Mode will be returning from Melee as a free mode in NX, but a paid DLC mode on Wii U.

NX will also have the option to turn off stage hazards since the Wii U's hardware can't handle the option.

The Ice Climbers will be returning as NX-exclusive characters. Some more DLC characters and stages will be coming soon. They'll be free on NX, but paid DLC on Wii U and 3DS.

I only know of 3 characters that will be coming as DLC in the near future: Wolf, Pink Gold Peach, and Chibi-Robo. These 3 are not being added as a result of the Smash ballot.
It also came with this photo:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
OH MY GOD SHADOW CHROMFIRMED?

:troll:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Giving it the benefit of the doubt, but Pink Gold Peach would be REALLY easy to make. All they would have to do is color over Peach's current textures and change the configurations of some of her moves. She'd be easier to make than Dark Pit, Lucina, or Dr. Mario. She was probably added because Sakurai liked the character or something (No one can predict what he likes.)

Plus the NOA ID picture would be difficult to fake if you ask me.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Can't wait for Brown Bronze Goomba

Giving it the benefit of the doubt, but Pink Gold Peach would be REALLY easy to make. All they would have to do is color over Peach's current textures and change the configurations of some of her moves. She'd be easier to make than Dark Pit, Lucina, or Dr. Mario. She was probably added because Sakurai liked the character or something (No one can predict what he likes.)

Plus the NOA ID picture would be difficult to fake if you ask me.
But why waste time on the most pointless addition to the roster? Pink Gold Peach isn't significant to even be part of the Smash roster. She was just a filler character for Mario Kart 8. It's not Sakurai at all if you ask me. Like, she isn't viable, like at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, seriously, Metal characters are going to be the flavor of the month on leaks now

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can't wait for Brown Bronze Goomba

But why waste time on the most pointless addition to the roster? Pink Gold Peach isn't significant to even be part of the Smash roster. She was just a filler character for Mario Kart 8. It's not Sakurai at all if you ask me. Like, she isn't viable, like at all.
Or Baby Pink Gold Rosalina.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Maybe more female representation? Maybe she was a surprisingly popular joke character in the ballot that Sakurai and the team took seriously. Maybe Miyamoto interference, or maybe because she's another character that's easy to make and include into a DLC pack.

I don't know. I'm neutral to this, but it'll be interesting to see what characters we get soon.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Maybe more female representation? Maybe she was a surprisingly popular joke character in the ballot that Sakurai and the team took seriously. Maybe Miyamoto interference, or maybe because she's another character that's easy to make and include into a DLC pack.

I don't know. I'm neutral to this, but it'll be interesting to see what characters we get soon.
Adding Pink Gold Peach for the sake of female representation is just really shoehorning it in. They know better than to do that. And I cannot imagine Miyamoto coming in, suggesting Pink Gold Peach with a serious look on his face.

And Sakurai isn't going to add in joke characters from ballots either :S

It's fake. There is no doubts about it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Adding Pink Gold Peach for the sake of female representation is just really shoehorning it in. They know better than to do that. And I cannot imagine Miyamoto coming in, suggesting Pink Gold Peach with a serious look on his face.

And Sakurai isn't going to add in joke characters from ballots either :S

It's fake. There is no doubts about it.
People said the Ninka/Vaanrose leak was fake for having Duck Hunt Dog and Robin, or the ESRB Leak because it had Dark Pit. Where are we now?

We have yet to seriously consider the NOA ID posted along with the leak. If it matches up with actually NOA IDs, then we wait and see, if not, then I'll call it fake.

I'm not going to call this leak fake just because there's one character that seems out of place. Especially if we don't know the reasonings as to why that character has possibly been included.

Soul.

If more metal characters are going to be added I'll only use them for the sake of hilarity and nothing more than that.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
>Ice Climbers as exclusive Smash 4 NX character.

*Cough cough cough cough*- sorry, I'm allergic to BS :troll:

But for real, another metal character? Really?

Also:
Good fiction until
>NX will also have the option to turn off stage hazards since the Wii U's hardware can't handle the option
Then it was bad fiction

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So I was going on 4chan to make a crappy fake text leak (cuz why not) and I found this(I didn't make this):
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309095162
NX will also have the option to turn off stage hazards since the Wii U's hardware can't handle the option.
I... what?

The Wii U can't handle the equivalent of a flag in the options menu that would enable functionality already implemented in All-Star mode?

Give me a break. For as little as this "leak" has to offer, coming up with this drivel is just a waste of effort.

Last edited:
People said the Ninka/Vaanrose leak was fake for having Duck Hunt Dog and Robin, or the ESRB Leak because it had Dark Pit. Where are we now?

We have yet to seriously consider the NOA ID posted along with the leak. If it matches up with actually NOA IDs, then we wait and see, if not, then I'll call it fake.

I'm not going to call this leak fake just because there's one character that seems out of place. Especially if we don't know the reasonings as to why that character has possibly been included.
The id was stolen from another "leak"
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-tons-of-information-from-a-recent-zelda-u-build

It's like the 2nd reply lol

Naoshi

Duck Hunt Dog and Robin are not even on the level of Pink Gold Peach, not even close. Why are you even bringing them up?

Dark Pit has merits because he's an actual character from a mainline title. He's not comparable to Pink Gold Peach either. Pink Gold Peach is a random filler variation of an existing character who doesn't serve any real purposes in one spinoff game title.

come on

At the very least this part of the leak is enough to kill it: "NX will also have the option to turn off stage hazards since the Wii U's hardware can't handle the option."

8 Player Smash has shown that hazards being off IS possible on the system. And that part didn't make any sense to begin with!

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm basically working on a canonical moves project. As in, taking customs into account, what is the ideal set of specials that best represents a character based on their source material?

In most cases, I imagine default movesets will reign supreme, but what exceptions can you think of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom