• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Takamaru x Lyn. Poor guy can only see her every now and again when he gets a lucky Assist Trophy though making it the most bittersweet of Smash pairings.

Why am I doing this oh God

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru x Lyn. Poor guy can only see her every now and again when he gets a lucky Assist Trophy though making it the most bittersweet of Smash pairings.

Why am I doing this oh God
I remember sharing such a piece on this thread a while ago. Such a sweet pairing. :(

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Plot twist: Marth now speaks English and Takamaru is the only character that speaks Japanese. It would make sense but it seems a bit unnecessary nowadays given how Takamaru technically isn't a Japanese exclusive character anymore thanks to Samurai Warriors 3 and Nintendo Land. Lucas spoke English in Brawl, after all, and Mother 3 is still a Japanese exclusive.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Plot twist: Marth now speaks English and Takamaru is the only character that speaks Japanese. It would make sense but it seems a bit unnecessary nowadays given how Takamaru technically isn't a Japanese exclusive character anymore thanks to Samurai Warriors 3 and Nintendo Land. Lucas spoke English in Brawl, after all, and Mother 3 is still a Japanese exclusive.
Lucas isn't from Edo period Japan, though. Takamaru is. It makes sense for him to speak Japanese.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't mind an English speaking Takamaru as long as his VA is much better than his Samurai Warriors 3 voice. More heroic and less bland.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177

So...how close to the game was this?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's terribly rude for me to say this but this pic almost looks like one of those faceswap pics.
I wouldn't be surprised if that TV Drama was laughably bad when it aired in Japan, costing Nazo no Murasame-Jo's potential sales. Then again, most video game characters are bound to look awful in live action or in a realistic style.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
I am really hoping Takamaru is in the game, he's one of my more anticipated characters, since I feel we need a retro character of some kind, like Pit and the Ice Climbers were, and I enjoy Takamaru's game, even though it's pretty difficult. And I see no reason not to put him in since he has moveset potential and has more to work with from his game than the Ice Climbers did. Also he has made cameo appearances lately and him being in the next smash bros could possibly revive him even more and bring out new games, which I feel Nintendo needs since they are lacking in new franchises lately.

Though would he be best as a starter character or unlockable? I am leaning towards hidden character since he seems to stand out and show more uniqueness than most of the other starters in SSB4. He seems to fit as more of a surprise.

Btw, is there a good quality close up picture of Takamaru taken from the Nintendo Land map picture as shown? http://nintendoland.nintendo.com/plaza.html
It appears to be the most up to date official artwork of Takamaru from Nintendo and I would like to see it better.

Also I am not sure if Takamaru should keep that look or have a more updated fancier look, similar to how Pit was given a makeover for SSBB. Keep the anime look, but his clothes look more fancy? Or should just stay simple as normal?

And I kind of like the moveset this video shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQfhyZ9gifM

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Btw, is there a good quality close up picture of Takamaru taken from the Nintendo Land map picture as shown? http://nintendoland.nintendo.com/plaza.html
It appears to be the most up to date official artwork of Takamaru from Nintendo and I would like to see it better.
Best I could find:

Also I am not sure if Takamaru should keep that look or have a more updated fancier look, similar to how Pit was given a makeover for SSBB. Keep the anime look, but his clothes look more fancy? Or should just stay simple as normal?
I think he should keep the old look. A samurai from Edo period Japan shouldn't look very fancy.

Though he needs to have blue hair.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn it Kamya, just tell us what the hell you and your team are working on in a month (E3)! The anticipation is killing me like the number of times I died in Nazo no Murasame-Jo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Damn it Kamya, just tell us what the hell you and your team are working on in a month (E3)! The anticipation is killing me like the number of times I died in Nazo no Murasame-Jo.
That's bad.

I'm hoping for it, but I would not count on it. My guess is that Kamiya's only in the beginning of the development stage for his next project (whether it be Star Fox or Nazo no Murasame jo). I say this since The Wonderful 101 didn't come out until late August (September for NA), so he can't be all that far along in his next project yet. Maybe Sakurai's visiting Platinum in May was to check on what designs they settled on so that he could collaborate with him...and since Fox looks like he did before...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's bad.

I'm hoping for it, but I would not count on it. My guess is that Kamiya's only in the beginning of the development stage for his next project (whether it be Star Fox or Nazo no Murasame jo). I say this since The Wonderful 101 didn't come out until late August (September for NA), so he can't be all that far along in his next project yet. Maybe Sakurai's visiting Platinum in May was to check on what designs they settled on so that he could collaborate with him...and since Fox looks like he did before...
I see, I guess we'll see whenever he feels like it and not pressure him to the point of going "I'll not do this ****ing game anymore, ***!" becasue the last thing we need is getting on his bad side.

On a new topic, I'd like the Blue Sandals from the game as an item since we don't have an item that gives you the ability to walk on water yet.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I see, I guess we'll see whenever he feels like it and not pressure him to the point of going "I'll not do this ****ing game anymore, ***!" becasue the last thing we need is getting on his bad side.

On a new topic, I'd like the Blue Sandals from the game as an item since we don't have an item that gives you the ability to walk on water yet.
I'd love that! I mean, it wouldn't be terribly useful except for in certain situations, but it'd be cool.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going. After all, he does look like the type that loves high school girls. :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
M.U.G.E.N. A downloadable fighting game that can be customized with various characters, stages, and roster slots. Takamaru is among one of those many characters can be downloaded for the game.
Takamaru certainly has a gigantic sword there. I imagine he uses it predominantly? (Curious about his moveset in this.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Takamaru certainly has a gigantic sword there. I imagine he uses it predominantly? (Curious about his moveset in this.)
His M.U.G.E.N. Counterpart depends mostly on physical attacks with projectiles for specials and one hyper. Then again, most M.U.G.E.N. Characters are made and animated to fit a Marvel vs. Capcom game. As for balance, that's a different story since some characters are intentionally made overpowered.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
His M.U.G.E.N. Counterpart depends mostly on physical attacks with projectiles for specials and one hyper. Then again, most M.U.G.E.N. Characters are made and animated to fit a Marvel vs. Capcom game. As for balance, that's a different story since some characters are intentionally made overpowered.
Gotcha.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I've just came across this will searching for Takamaru fanart on Pixiv. THe wonders of the Internet.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've just came across this will searching for Takamaru fanart on Pixiv. The wonders of the Internet.
Well that's just fricken awesome.
I always like that kind of fanart.
Characters playing their own games, don't know why but I always have.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well that's just fricken awesome.
I always like that kind of fanart.
Characters playing their own games, don't know why but I always have.
Like Sakurai having Mac's poster with him fighting DK in Pinch Out! is another great example. Then again, fourth wall jokes with gaming characters are bound to be hilarious.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Like Sakurai having Mac's poster with him fighting DK in Pinch Out! is another great example. Then again, fourth wall jokes with gaming characters are bound to be hilarious.
I guess you and I are on the same page that's probably why me and you were the only ones to think the JewWario art was funny.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's the Samurai Warriors 3 theme again sorry for the broken link.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If only he returns in Hyrule Warriors..... I guess we'll find out at E3 since the game was stated for a Spring 2014 release (which should be delayed to Fall by now).
I remember hearing a Japanese Summer release but not a Spring release where'd you get that info?
But yes I do hope he returns in Hyrule Warriors that would up his chances for Smash tremendously.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remember hearing a Japanese Summer release but not a Spring release where'd you get that info?
But yes I do hope he returns in Hyrule Warriors that would up his chances for Smash tremendously.
Just imagine how Link would respond to his illegitimate brother:

Link: Hah!

Takamaru: Anata wa ittai darenan desu ka?

Link: Seeaaauuuuughh!

Takamaru: Anata ga midori no sukāto no otoko no tame no ōkina hanashi!

Link: Huh! Yeaaauhh! Seeeeaaauuuugggh!

Takamaru: Anata o korosu tame ni honmono no kenshi, yōsei no otokonoko no tame no jikan!

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
It would be neat if he was in Hyrule Warriors as an homage to his game being a sister game to Zelda like Kid Icarus was for Metroid and to give him another go at a Warriors game. (I've never really played many Warriors games, BTW) If he was in it though, I don't think he'll be involved with whatever the main storyline is.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It would be neat if he was in Hyrule Warriors as an homage to his game being a sister game to Zelda like Kid Icarus was for Metroid and to give him another go at a Warriors game. (I've never really played many Warriors games, BTW) If he was in it though, I don't think he'll be involved with whatever the main storyline is.
Yeah, having in the main story would be too confusing to certauin fans. Him being a secret character in Free Run would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom