• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's good to see at least Japan has some optimism of having their own japan-exclusive rep; from what I've been reading lately

Here's a bump, on behalf of Sable and Donbe/Hikari fans
View attachment 14222
That's good to hear, even after the reveal of Mac and Greninja respectively. 3 weeks until one of the hypest things Smash related.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Thought I'd share my latest speedrun WR for Nazo no Murasame Jou here, to help bumping the thread a bit more as well. I don't know how familiar a lot of people here are with the original so even if you're not interested in speedrun, it's a 10-min or so demonstration of the game at least.

Feel free to remove this post as a mod if you classify this as advertisment or something, just thought others might find it interesting.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thought I'd share my latest speedrun WR for Nazo no Murasame Jou here, to help bumping the thread a bit more as well. I don't know how familiar a lot of people here are with the original so even if you're not interested in speedrun, it's a 10-min or so demonstration of the game at least.

Feel free to remove this post as a mod if you classify this as advertisment or something, just thought others might find it interesting.
Interesting, at least you didn't die like the rest of us. With enough practice, it's enough to one-shot any NES/Famicom game.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Interesting, at least you didn't die like the rest of us. With enough practice, it's enough to one-shot any NES/Famicom game.
Not dying is probably the biggest challenge with the game. You get punished real hard for mistakes and you lose a life after three hits, losing all power-ups. Just getting hit loses you like 1.5 seconds.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking lately, not sure if this was answered earlier in this thread.

Why hasn't Takamaru gotten a trophy in either Melee or Brawl? I would think he would, since he has a game that appeared to be highly praised when it came out and lots of fans. From looking over some pages here, his game had ad's, a tv commercial with anime segments, a manga, a guide book with maps and tips, and maybe other merchandise I don't know about. Yet plenty of characters from games that didn't seem that popular in both the U.S. and Japan got trophies in Melee.

After seeing the trophy of that fat version of Little Mac from Captain Rainbow as one of the photos of the day, I think Takamaru's chances of appearing as playable and showing his Captain Rainbow version as a trophy have increased.

I really, really hope Takamaru is in this game, there's just no reason for him not to be, with all his cameo appearances lately, his move set potential from his game, and possibly a revival of his series thanks to Smash Bros.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've been thinking lately, not sure if this was answered earlier in this thread.

Why hasn't Takamaru gotten a trophy in either Melee or Brawl? I would think he would, since he has a game that appeared to be highly praised when it came out and lots of fans. From looking over some pages here, his game had ad's, a tv commercial with anime segments, a manga, a guide book with maps and tips, and maybe other merchandise I don't know about. Yet plenty of characters from games that didn't seem that popular in both the U.S. and Japan got trophies in Melee.
I think the lack of a Takamaru trophy could be for time constraints. After all, we didn't see trophies for other classic games like Urban Champion or Joy Mech Fight. It was a good that he had some content in Brawl (a sticker of himself and his main theme as one of Mario Bros's songs) due to more time being put into that game than Melee. The game's merchandise was more or less Nintendo trying to push it to be popular (though the game flopped and got overshadowed by Zelda in the end). Nazo no Murasame-Jo isn't that popular in its home country, but does have a small cult following. A revival whether it involves his inclusion in Smash or not would be nice since the company still expressed some attachment to the series.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My face if Takamaru is not in smash 4:

This is so true since he should be in Smash if he's been getting attentioned post-Brawl.

New information regarding Hyrule Warriors:
www.nintendoeverything.com/a-few-hyrule-warriors-details/

Totally Takamaru, Pit, and Samus am I right?
Inb4 we get Ryu Hayabusa instead because of Team Ninja's involvement. :troll:

But yeah, those three would make me pre-order the game in a heartbeat if it's true.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think I'd only like to see Takamaru and maybe a Fire Emblem character as guests in Hyrule Warriors. They fit the setting much better than Pit or Samus.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Takamaru was to have an alternate costume, what would it be?
Either Captain Rainbow (minus the cartoony proportions) or Classic Takamaru. It overall depends on what design they choose for him in general or if Sakurai makes a completely new design.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Either Captain Rainbow (minus the cartoony proportions) or Classic Takamaru. It overall depends on what design they choose for him in general or if Sakurai makes a completely new design.
That makes good sense, thank you for your time sir.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If Takamaru was to have an alternate costume, what would it be?

Maybe something based off of the enemy swordsman?

Either that or they could have a Takamaru with black hair be the default and have classic colored Takamaru as unlockable.

(EDIT: The Captain Rainbow design would be cool, come to think of it.)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Not sure why, but my faith in Takamaru is wavering, I really hope we AT LEAST get him as an assist.

Still my preferred retro rep by a mile.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not sure why, but my faith in Takamaru is wavering, I really hope we AT LEAST get him as an assist.

Maybe it's due to the fact that we don't know if Sakurai actually acknowledge Nintendo Land's existence or been under the radar of what's been happening post-Brawl. If he becomes an assist in this game, at least he could join the next title in the near future like Mac.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice

I am worried about it too. Me and many others hope Takamaru isn't an assist trophy. Honestly, there's no good reason for him to be. He has full move set potential based on his game. Like this video shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQfhyZ9gifM He's also highly requested and has made a semi comeback in recent games. And we could use a samurai character so we could have a different sword fighting style.

If the Ice Climbers could get in Smash Bros. based on their obscurity and have made up moves that weren't in their game, then surely Takamaru could get in with his larger variety of attacks. Even his stage could have some nice ideas based on his game, like ninjas popping out of the background every so often to get in the way of the players. Takamaru was acknowledged in Brawl with a sticker and one of the songs in his game is featured in the Mario Bros. stage of Brawl, so I do think Sakurai is aware of Takamaru's existence.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Gosh i hear Takamaru's voice in this and it's nothing like i thought it would be
I thought he would sound like Akihiko from Persona

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Gosh i hear Takamaru's voice in this and it's nothing like i thought it would be
I thought he would sound like Akihiko from Persona
His voice was pretty decent, but nothing special due to how bland his Samurai Warriors portrayal was. They should hire someone with more manliness energy for his Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS role anyway since you don't have to be super serious all the time. *Looks at Bowser and Zelda*

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
His voice was pretty decent, but nothing special due to how bland his Samurai Warriors portrayal was. They should hire someone with more manliness energy for his Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS role anyway since you don't have to be super serious all the time. *Looks at Bowser and Zelda*
On the other hand it did give him a Bear mount and if the start to revive Takamaru's game and don't include that, I will be dissapoint

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Guys... passing through the thread for ask something;

I was doing an update in my Smash4 prediction roster, and I resolved to put Takamaru with a bit of hesitation.. I know there are plenty of reasons for he being in the roster; principally by the attention that Murasame Castle got in Nintendoland;.. but, I was thinking.. Do you guys think that Tecmo now working in Hyrule Warriors increases Takamaru's chances?.. I mean, he was in Samurai Warriors 3,... and now Tecmo is working once again with Nintendo characters.. this could remind Nintendo (and Sakurai) about his apparition there; or even better, he could be a unlockable playable character in Hyrule Warrios as a special guest (after all, both Zelda and Murasame Castle are very similars, and Takamaru is already "done" in the Musou engine).

what do you think? (and btw, good luck with the speculation and the expectations, I sympathize with the character =))

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you guys think that Tecmo now working in Hyrule Warriors increases Takamaru's chances?.. I mean, he was in Samurai Warriors 3,... and now Tecmo is working once again with Nintendo characters.. this could remind Nintendo (and Sakurai) about his apparition there; or even better, he could be a unlockable playable character in Hyrule Warrios as a special guest (after all, both Zelda and Murasame Castle are very similars, and Takamaru is already "done" in the Musou engine).

what do you think? (and btw, good luck with the speculation and the expectations, I sympathize with the character =))
I'd say his chances had increased slightly, but not by a huge margin due to how vague they were by "surprising playable characters. Since he was playable in a Warriors game in the past, they can easily use the same moveset he had, but tweak the model's textures and give him his own abilities like Link. But there are also a few issues like that rumor being debunked since the game's plot is much different than it was theorized and we still don't know what the game's roster will be like. We could be seeing more reveals in the near future, especially at E3, since the game will hit Japan this summer. Either way, I'd be fine if his inclusion in the game had any effect on him being unlockable or DLC in Smash (IF Sakurai was aware of Hyrule Warrior's development during or before he started working on Smash).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'd say his chances had increased slightly, but not by a huge margin due to how vague they were by "surprising playable characters. Since he was playable in a Warriors game in the past, they can easily use the same moveset he had, but tweak the model's textures and give him his own abilities like Link. But there are also a few issues like that rumor being debunked since the game's plot is much different than it was theorized and we still don't know what the game's roster will be like. We could be seeing more reveals in the near future, especially at E3, since the game will hit Japan this summer. Either way, I'd be fine if his inclusion in the game had any effect on him being unlockable or DLC in Smash (IF Sakurai was aware of Hyrule Warrior's development during or before he started working on Smash).
He could be still playable in Hyrule Warriors, without having any relation with the story itself.. isn't he? Just as an extra character, for fill the roster... also, if Sakurai had already choosed Takamaru for Smash4, Tecmo could pull him in Hyrule Warriors for an early marketing on him (I mean, Smash4 having influence in HW roster, and HW being convenient for his reveal later in Smash4).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He could be still playable in Hyrule Warriors, without having any relation with the story itself.. isn't he? Just as an extra character, for fill the roster... also, if Sakurai had already choosed Takamaru for Smash4, Tecmo could pull him in Hyrule Warriors for an early marketing on him (I mean, Smash4 having influence in HW roster, and HW being convenient for his reveal later in Smash4).
You may be right about this since he is a tricky guy after all. He even could have spoken with Tecmo about incorporating a few references from Hyrule Warriors (trophies or stickers). We'll see at E3 since there's a little over 2 weeks left.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hoping that Takamaru gets in SSB4... but my hope for Takamaru and other characters I support (besides Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mii) is starting to waver since none of Sal's leaks include these characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hoping that Takamaru gets in SSB4... but my hope for Takamaru and other characters I support (besides Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mii) is starting to waver since none of Sal's leaks include these characters.
I'm just happy the Mysterious Murasame Castle is finally getting an international release (and so close to E3 to boot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom