• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Same here... I hope it comes to North America as well. I appreciate Japan-only games. My favorites include Ufouria: The Saga, Monster World IV, and Ninja JaJaMaru-Kun (all available on Wii Shop Channel).

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Wow, this is just awesome. And just a week before E3. No matter what anyone says I can't imagine it being a coincidence.

Bring on Takamaru for Smash 4!!!!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, Murasame's finally getting out of Japan. Now we need a North American release. :p Perhaps they're waiting til E3 to cash in on the hype?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hoping that Takamaru gets in SSB4... but my hope for Takamaru and other characters I support (besides Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mii) is starting to waver since none of Sal's leaks include these characters.
Sal's leaks can be correct and we still get Takamaru you know. Remember RosaLuma?

D

Deleted member

Wow! This is definitely some news! Hopefully the game will come over here in the US!

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
With Takamaru's game coming to the eShop, and especially so close to E3... It's almost too good to be a coincidence. I think this is a potential game changer for Takamaru's chances... In a very good way.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hooray! This handsome samurai is finally getting outside of Japan!

Yeah, hopefully there's gonna be an NA release as well. I wanna get my butt kicked playing this game

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I had a very strange dream tonight. The PotD was a screenshot of the music menu. Sakurai was talking about a Mysterious Murasame Castle track available at a Mysterious Murasame Castle stage. There were two other pictures, heavily teasing at Takamaru's reveal at E3. I suspected it was dream, but I couldn't find any proof (my dreams are very strange). I woke up, checked the actual PotD and got really disappointed, since I've been losing my hope for Takamaru's inclusion for some time.

But this is some great news! Now I'm becoming opmistic again!

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Maybe "Sal's leaks" aren't actual leaks. :p
I hope you're right. After following the character select photo leak thread, I had this fear that "Sal's Leaks" and people's roster predictions were going to prevent Takamaru's appearance. But I do hope they are somewhat wrong, since he didn't predict Rosalina & Luma appearing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is rather surprising. Now we can all agree that Sakurai knew about this before hand. Takamaru for E3 2014!

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Sal's list is not the final newcomer list just so you know.
Right, but many people's predicted rosters are using that leak and nearly everyone coming back from Brawl, and very few newcomers from franchises that have yet to be represented. It seems most people would rather have extra characters from franchises already represented (Ridley, Mewtwo, K.Rool even when the chances of them appearing are somewhat unlikely) rather than characters from franchises without representation. Like maybe Takamaru, Issac, Chibi Robo, etc. Seriously guys, the roster needs variety in representation.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying not to get super hyped, because I might be setting myself up for disappointment. But darn it, I'm happy this game is finally leaving japan. I can only hope this means his chances for Smash 4 has increased.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
THE TIDES HAVE TURNED.
...You know, for everyone but me. I knew he was getting in. 0u0

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Save spots will make his game SO much easier. lol

LF2K

Floor Diver
I guess we won't be seeing "Japan only" on any Murasame related trophies in the future. Kind of like Sin & Punishment.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Very excited to see the game come out on eShop. I don't think this can have any effect on Smash Bros this late in development, but it could be the other way around. If Takamaru does end up in SSB4 then I'm certain they'd want his original game out there for everyone to play.

domokl

Smash Lord
Yeah he has a good chance again but it might be too late and I would be happier if it was a new game ala reboot. I still think mach rider has a better chance by 1ercent though.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he has a good chance again but it might be too late and I would be happier if it was a new game ala reboot. I still think mach rider has a better chance by 1ercent though.
...Can you give me a better argument? Because all signs point that this was probably being thought of from the beginning. Takamaru in Nintendo Land, Takamaru in Musou, and now Takamaru on VC. If now is too late, explain to me why Nintendo seems to "from a certain point of view" be pushing towards this. Also explain how a character that hasn't gotten a game in years, part of a series that is more unknown then Golden Sun, and is not being "pushed" in any way is more likely?

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Have Virtual Console re-releases tied in with something else before?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This is great news! Hope we get to see a reveal of him at E3!
Takamaru will probably be the ONLY swordsman character I'll ever care about. :D (Other than Isaac, of course... And Crono, but he isn't happening).

And I also hope we get a reboot/sequel of his game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think Takamaru whould make a great character and I think this greatly hightens his chances.

I might need to start using my old roster again.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
If Takamaru joins the battle I'll be so freaking hyped.
We haven't seen the traditional 're-booted retro character' yet and he seems like the perfect choice.
Any reveal of a newcomer would get me super hyped, but Takamaru (along with Shulk, Palutena, and Pac-Man) would be too much to handle.

The Mysterious Murasame castle would bring a lot to the table such as power-ups, items, music, a fun stage, an amazing playable character, cool/funny side characters, a potential stage boss, and much more..... all with fitting redesigns! Hype!!

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
What kind of enemies would Murasame Castle bring to smash run? I've never played the game, but I'm still a Takamaru supporter since he seems like the best choice for a retro character. His game being released on VC makes me confident that Takamaru will join the Smash 4 Roster too.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Have Virtual Console re-releases tied in with something else before?
Sort of. Kid Icarus was one of the earliest games released for the Wii's Virtual Console and that went along with Pit's Smash Bros premiere in Brawl. The thing is that SSB4 hasn't had a true new retro character yet so there hasn't been anything to tie into one yet.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys remember, we should get our expectations TOO high since the announcement was rather late. IF he doesn't get revealed at E3, there's still a chance of him being a hidden character. In the end, it depends on whether Sakurai actually modeled him and if he's ready to reveal him to the public soon.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Guys remember, we should get our expectations TOO high since the announcement was rather late. IF he doesn't get revealed at E3, there's still a chance of him being a hidden character. In the end, it depends on whether Sakurai actually modeled him and if he's ready to reveal him to the public soon.
Leap of logic? Wouldn't a late announcement be after Smash is released? How could it be a late announcement?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Leap of logic? Wouldn't a late announcement be after Smash is released? How could it be a late announcement?
Sakurai's been working on this game for a while and I'd doubt he can make a playable character within a few weeks just for an E3 reveal. I'm just not setting myself for disappointment since the "Big Lipped Greninja Moment". I do still want him in the game however.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
lol if Takamaru is in the game, that obviously was planned long, LONG ago. It was stated that the roster was decided way before the announcement of the game in 2013. If Takamaru is in Smash 4, it isn't because they announced Murasame Castle for Virtual Console, it for the exact opposite reason: The game was announced to coincide with Takamaru being playable in Smash 4.

By the way, guys, Sakurai doesn't make Smash Bros alone. He didn't and he doesn't model anything, he simply direct the game, by providing ideas, testing it, etc. It is very unfair to Sora Ltd/Namco Bandai to always give credit solely to Sakurai, don't you think?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
lol if Takamaru is in the game, that obviously was planned long, LONG ago. It was stated that the roster was decided way before the announcement of the game in 2013. If Takamaru is in Smash 4, it isn't because they announced Murasame Castle for Virtual Console, it for the exact opposite reason: The game was announced to coincide with Takamaru being playable in Smash 4.
Greninja.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

By the way, guys, Sakurai doesn't make Smash Bros alone. He didn't and he doesn't model anything, he simply direct the game, by providing ideas, testing it, etc. It is very unfair to Sora Ltd/Namco Bandai to always give credit solely to Sakurai, don't you think?
You're right, there are a few more important things he could have noticed like the requests for him within the past few titles and Samurai Warriors 3. There's also the possibility of his team repping a few early Wii U titles like Nintendo Land, the same game with a minigame based on Murasame Castle. If anything, the Virtual Consoles releases are a plus for making Westerners more familiar with him that the preciously mentioned titles involving him.

Greninja.
That should be an exception just because of Gamefreak's input.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As R.O.B. said, it's not good to jump to conclusions with this but one really good thing about this is that one of the biggest arguments used against him (his title game being a Japanese exclusive) just got shot down in flames and it's now likely that Nazo-no Mursame-Jo will see releases in every other major region too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom