• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's deadliest warrior! Brother FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i say sheik. zss has a futuristic stun gun, but sheik has magic!! sheik's needles can outrange ZSS's gun as well. and sheik can teleport around.

basilioyugi

Smash Cadet
Mario vs Luigi
definitely luigii wins

luigi is better skilled than mario he is just understimade due to his coward way of being but we all know luigi is same and better skilled than mario(mario galaxy proves it)
luigi does everything mario does but he do it better
example:
mario speciality is jumping, he does it all the time in all his games, in SMG when u play as luigi u notice he jumps higher,so if their killing ways are stomping each other heads luigi wins

also mario the guts , he have saved peach numerous of times from bowser but in the other hand luigi have saved mario (luigis mansion)from bowser, i mean how could mario got beaten by bowser

on the other hand mario have his flud it gives him a great advantage while luigi has his vaccuun which can atleast suck the water

its a stage dependent combat
if its on the water mario wins
anywhere else luigi beats him

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Someone will hopefully confirm this statement, but I think Luigi is said to be more capable than Mario. Plus Luigi is taller and Mario is a fat ***.

basilioyugi

Smash Cadet
ohh i forgot, luigi got shoryuken and btw
whats mario good for, hes good getting coins we all know
well he if good at getting coins........ hey luigi owns a MANSION which mario will never be able to afford with the coins he get from stomping goombas

also mario ***** everyone in paperworld

JOE!

Smash Hero
Good idea...TL FOR THE WIN...oops...did I say that...???
normal Link would annihilate TL:

TL is smaller link, with a worse sword. worse shield and no chainmail/leather armor.

Not only does link have a speed/strngth advantage, he has a range and armor advantage.

TL's only hope would be a lucky Arrow, which even then his cannot go as far as Link's due to a smaller bow.

ALSO:

I belive its time I leave this thread...the fights have just become...garbage :/

(unless someone can prove me otherwise...)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What?

You mean IN-GAME? This is just a matchup discussion, then.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Without you, this thread is nothing but illogical reasoning, and arguments.

/meatride
i took one day off from the thread...and look what happened?

(from DK vs D3 onward...)

This actually had some ****ing potential to be good....but people just....****ed it up

Sieguest

Smash Master
normal Link would annihilate TL:

TL is smaller link, with a worse sword. worse shield and no chainmail/leather armor.

Not only does link have a speed/strngth advantage, he has a range and armor advantage.

TL's only hope would be a lucky Arrow, which even then his cannot go as far as Link's due to a smaller bow.

ALSO:

I belive its time I leave this thread...the fights have just become...garbage :/

(unless someone can prove me otherwise...)
Yeah I know we're on the mario bros but what???
Regular link is faster than Toon Link....I don't think so...
With all of link's gear...being bigger and heavier...it's bound to weigh him down so Toon Link has him beat in speed...
In range and power...yeah Link whoups TL...but we must take into consideration that both are fairly capable swordsmen and TL may have the skill to take Link toe to toe despite his stature....
Taking their swordsman ship into account- this match is pretty even...but I think you may be right...Link may win simply because he has way more sword than TL and more power...plus his sword is fairly normal sized so their is not much of an opening between blows...so Toon Links speed would maybe only help in distancing himself and firing an arrow...but that would give link time to fire an arrow as well...
Reconsidered- I vote Link>TL....

Mario vs. Luigi
Okay so everybody has been saying Luigi jumps higher...but Mario runs faster...also take into fact that because of Luigi's cowardly features he must not get into fights often so mario has way more experience in taking control of the fight...people say luigi is richer...money won't help him in a fight...People have said Luigi is more capable- hardly....lesser experienced...slower foot speed and the hampering sliding he does hinders him...the only thing he has on mario is jumping ability and mario could easily shut that down by grabbing him from below and throwing him like a rag doll...
With that said...I believe Mario>Luigi...:)

JOE!

Smash Hero
^^

Link destroys TL in speed becaus ehe has longer legs and more powerful arms, thus he can swing the word faster

TL is slightly more AGILE due to being smaller, but that wont help much if at all when fighting Link

Sieguest

Smash Master
^^
But I always thought toon link would have faster foot speed...
I also believe TL has more RPM in running than link despite link's leg length...

But it still boils to link not leaving many openings and completely out ranging toon link...despite thier quickness...swordsmanship puts a holster on that...and past that Link has the physical advantages...
so I'm still in all agreeance

LINK>TL

JOE!

Smash Hero
^^
But I always thought toon link would have faster foot speed...
I also believe TL has more RPM in running than link despite link's leg length...

But it still boils to link not leaving many openings and completely out ranging toon link...despite thier quickness...swordsmanship puts a holster on that...and past that Link has the physical advantages...
so I'm still in all agreeance

LINK>TL
Yes, as for swordsman ship: If they are really equal in taht skill, Link has the better sword, so he wins there.

And RPM doesnt matter when your wheels dont cover as much ground in one rotation

cwutidid thar?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yes, as for swordsman ship: If they are really equal in taht skill, Link has the better sword, so he wins there.

And RPM doesnt matter when your wheels dont cover as much ground in one rotation

cwutidid thar?
Yes but if the wheel with lesser ground does maybe three times the rotations in a minute than the larger wheel then the smaller wheel will overtake the larger wheel...

cwutidid thar???;):laugh:

JOE!

Smash Hero
^ MArthage is saying TL's feet move faster than Link's

That my be true, but they simply can never cover as much distance as one stride of Link's feet unless TL pulls off what Sonic can do with his legs...

Meaning that TL cannot overcome Link's speed

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Wow the Luigi Bros!

Well what I think this would come to is what is the area they are fighting in. If it was a forest like area I can see luigi jumping ability and rather gravity breaking fire balls coming in handy. Now if we compare Mario's Fire ball against Luigi Fire Ball. Luigi would have it in projectiles. Luigi go straight and are far more accurate then Mario's clumsy bouncing Fire Balls. Mario has more experience in battle so that kinda out shines Luigi fighting. Seeing as he always runs when he gets the chance. Now Mario is stronger and faster on foot so that's another thing Luigi would have problems facing. Hey would we give Luigi Thunder Palm ability he gained in Super Star Saga? if we do I think that would change the scales a lot.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wow the Luigi Bros!

Well what I think this would come to is what is the area they are fighting in. If it was a forest like area I can see luigi jumping ability and rather gravity breaking fire balls coming in handy. Now if we compare Mario's Fire ball against Luigi Fire Ball. Luigi would have it in projectiles. Luigi go straight and are far more accurate then Mario's clumsy bouncing Fire Balls. Mario has more experience in battle so that kinda out shines Luigi fighting. Seeing as he always runs when he gets the chance. Now Mario is stronger and faster on foot so that's another thing Luigi would have problems facing. Hey would we give Luigi Thunder Palm ability he gained in Super Star Saga? if we do I think that would change the scales a lot.
they dont get abilities, etc

Just real-world stuff, unless we decide to give them *certain* things.

And also, Luigi's fireballs only go like that in Smash

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
My friend Warpd over at allisbrawl wanted to point something out on the DDD vs DK matchup.

"DK won when everyone remembered that DDD is really only 2 feet tall. This is true based on canon, however there is a game that disproves this without realizing it. In Kirby's Dream Land 3 you can actually meet Samus...how big in comparison was Kirby to Samus? You see it now ;)"

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
they dont get abilities, etc

Just real-world stuff, unless we decide to give them *certain* things.

And also, Luigi's fireballs only go like that in Smash
O then wouldn't we just have two middle age plumbers fighting hand to hand? If that is it wouldn't the fight be anyone battle? Mario and Luigi are almost identical if we only keep it real world, unless we put in how different Luigi's jumps are >_>. But if we do not count that then its obvious that. . . . . . well then again any middle aged man jumping on your head will snap a neck.

Sieguest

Smash Master
O then wouldn't we just have two middle age plumbers fighting hand to hand? If that is it wouldn't the fight be anyone battle? Mario and Luigi are almost identical if we only keep it real world, unless we put in how different Luigi's jumps are >_>. But if we do not count that then its obvious that. . . . . . well then again any middle aged man jumping on your head will snap a neck.
You could still account luigi's jumping ability though...that's a physical trait...:)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yes, and Mario is no Slouch either

The thing is, Mario is faster on the ground, could he be able to just avoid Luigi?

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's what I was thinking...Mario could even just grab luigi while he's in the air and slam him...
Mario just pure out experiences Luigi when it comes to battle he has speed over him and his overall ability as a fighter is pretty straight foward...all I see Luigi having over him is his jumping skill, but that could easily turn to his disadvantage...that and Luigi is a bit longer than Mario...but probably not by enough to make enough difference in the match.

Also Luigi seems more inclined to take flight in a fight of flight situation as well which further decreases his chances to err...put the whoup on his older bro...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Mario is just the better fighter....plain and simple.

now, I WANNA REDO THE **** DK vs D3 MATCH!!!!!!!!!

:p

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Even though I like Luigi better, Mario would win because of the psychological advantage. Luigi has a tendency of getting the hell out of there unless it's for a good reason. Otherwise, they're pretty even. And some pros and cons for each one:

Mario Pros:

Braver
Probably more experienced
Well-balanced overall

Cons:

No amazing standout traits
A little overweight

Luigi Pros:

Smarter?
Better jumper
Not overweight

Cons:

Cowardly (usually)
Poor traction

Overall, Mario has a 55:45 advantage.

JOE!

Smash Hero
you should do like an actually brawl match of what would actually happen.
the problem is, you cant recrate actual movements in brawl...or sidestep/etc.

You can only do what the game allows you to

Also, Im still calling this MARIO, he knows how to fight...WeeGee doesnt

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Mario would, in reality, run faster than Luigi.

- Luigi is taller.
- Luigi is in better shape it looks like.
- Luigi jumps higher = stronger legs.

Still, I do agree with Mario having more experience and being mentally tougher than Luigi, which would give him an edge given their similar statistics.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I don't see how Mario would, in reality, run faster than Luigi.

- Luigi is taller.
- Luigi is in better shape it looks like.
- Luigi jumps higher = stronger legs.

Still, I do agree with Mario having more experience and being mentally tougher than Luigi, which would give him an edge given their similar statistics.
Mario being faster than Luigi is derived from previous games in the Mario Bros. series where the distinguishing factor between the two was that Mario ran faster but Luigi jumped higher...we're taking that as canonically their physical stature in terms of skills and what not...:)

n88

Smash Lord
I always thought the difference was that nobody liked Luigi, but I have discovered a few who do. Mario wins because Luigi has the wrong mentality and is a bit of a bumbler.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mario all the way reasons being
1. he has waaay more experience

2. he can isn't scared of anything, (like Luigi is scared of ghosts even though he over came that fear)

3. he is more motivated, (I don't see Luigi going to save the kingdom every Thursday)

all in all Mario has the upper hand in this one no doubt about it

Sieguest

Smash Master
No, the difference is that Luigi is a better jumper, but Mario has better traction.
ermm...from looking at the super mario bros games from the GBA forward...Mario always ran faster....and Luigi always jumped higher....

the only time traction came into play was in the super smash bros games just to give Luigi some individuality...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom