• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo to stop selling 3 controllers, including Gamecube.

Ugh. Nintendo is being sued by a slew of nobodies who make patents just so they can sue when a bigger company makes it. They never sell anything, or even make their existence known. Scam-artists.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
Its just funny how they waited a while to do this. THEN the court system delayed it to a point no one really cares.

And I still think its just a way to get money. Also I'm surprised no one has even tried to defend the person suing. Usually theres at least a debate about this topic as I've seen it in t least a half dozen sites.

cwm123

Smash Cadet
Hillcrest Labs is suing for:

"a handheld three-dimensional pointing device"

"navigation interface display system that graphically organizes content for display on a television."

Why have they not sued for laser-pointers? Or sticks that are used for pointing? And that second one is a very long way of saying "an interface that organizes stuff on your tv screen." This is becoming a laughable situation.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
This just shows you that monkeys run the US. "sigh"

Who initiated this lawsuit? One person, or a 10 person company or something? And they sue Nintendo, The gov uses this stuff frequently too, Why not sue them? You would get loads more money. I just know they are lieing, and the idiots in court can't see that due to being bribed by the mafia or something. Ugh, Politicians.... But thats for another day.

Nintendo has more lawyers then this Anascape, so I'm sure they'll win the lawsuit no problem, if Anascape isn't bribing the judge/jury or something stupid like that >.>.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
the company that sued them patented analog sticks in gaming so i guess nintendo didnt get permission (as trivial as it sounds) so they got sued.

L__

Smash Master
>_> Just have a remake of the Analog Stick;

Just like modify a little itty bitty part. :X

Like, instead of the different POINTS ^ > V < ...etc have a giant circle for the joystick area. ^_^V

...not everyone will like that idea.

Maybe it was too obvious. ._."

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
why have these "nobodies" waited all these years until now to sue? seriously where they expecting for Nintendo to get richer before deciding to sue? it's a bunch of noncense and ridiculous

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
oooooh Caaannaaadaaaaaaaa, our Aaanaascaaape freee laaaaaaaaand. GeeeeeCeeeeeCeeee's, for all the girls and laaaaaads

Mokkepie

Smash Rookie
Six degrees of freedom? Sixaxis anyone? Remember E3 2006, at Sony's presentation? It went like this: "Blah, blah, cr4p about crabs and massive damage, 600 DOLLARS, RIIIDDGGGEEE RRAAACCCEERRRR!!!!, and the new "Sixaxis", featuring an astouding six degrees of freedom." Why not sue Sony? SIX-AXIS is the controller's name. I mean, Sony comes to mind first.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
why have these "nobodies" waited all these years until now to sue? seriously where they expecting for Nintendo to get richer before deciding to sue? it's a bunch of noncense and ridiculous
Probably wanted to get Nintendo in it's casual era(a.k.a less selling) so that they would get enough money to *gasp* get their name in the yellow pages! Those devious cowards!

But I'm serious, what if I were to tell you guys that I had a patent on the toilet? It adds to the ambiuence when you've never heard of me OR my inventions, total count currently at 0.

Or what if you I had a patent on you, and your parents/legal guardian owe me?

Patents really should have a.) a public announcement, wikipedia and such is a great place, and b.) a notice to companies in the same business and region.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Analscape fails. HARD.
Atari had joysticks back in the early 80s. No ******* way did Analscape make a patent on control sticks.

God, I'll be coming on that plane to launch nucular missiles at Analscapes cardboard box headquarters. Who's coming with me?

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
analscape Fails. Hard.
Atari Had Joysticks Back In The Early 80s. No ******* Way Did Analscape Make A Patent On Control Sticks.

God, I'll Be Coming On That Plane To Launch Nucular Missiles At Analscapes Cardboard Box Headquarters. Who's Coming With Me?
Me! :p

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Has Nintendo payed Anascape yet? If not, Nintendo just got stupider and I didn't think that was possible. You NEED a GC controller or a Classic Controller for VC games, among other things...

comboking

Smash Master
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190977.html?tag=other-user-related-content;2

21million dollar fine. this was a while ago so if the controllers are not banned yet then they should not be.
July,22 i belive. nintendo can pay for this easily. Atari had joy sticks too.Well disscuss.

PS. We still have the black market
drugs are illegal people sell them it will be the same with this hopefully. They could also try changing the way the controller works.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6196437.html?tag=text-related-content;1

And apparently Hillcrest Labs is cashing in on the money cow that is Nintendo. They apparently have a patent on "a handheld three-dimensional pointing device." I don't see how a Wiimote is any different from a traditional TV Remote. It has a game related interface and that's it.

Oh so it KNOWS where you're poiting on the screen? Well la-dee-dah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES_Zapper

Nintendo has owned copyrights to three dimensional pointing objects SEVERAL DECADES ago. You could pretty much call a Wiimote the fusion between a TV Remote, a Gaming Controller, and a NES Zapper. It has functionality of all those three in one simple package.

And notice. Hillcrest strikes NOW because Nintendo lawyers are already busy as it is trying to deal with the other patent issue they're facing.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Hillcrest wants to stop the importing of Wiis? Haters ftl.

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
What the hell, dude? Just because the controllers aren't compatible with a few stupid regulations, they're gonna ban 'em? Man, people are so stupid these days.

Top Bottom