• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo to Host Private Event September 5th

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
<a href="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115257">Via a thread on the boards</a>, <a href="http://gonintendo.com/?p=24021">GoNintendo is reporting</a> that Nintendo will be hosting a special private event on September 5th to highlight some upcoming titles, including Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy. The event will be held in lieu of an appearance at the Tokyo Game Show, a conference that Nintendo has historically (though not always) skipped, this year included.

GoNintendo’s source is the German site <a href="http://gamefront.de">GameFront</a>, which notes that neither Nintendo nor any of the other companies reported to be hosting private events of their own (including Capcom, Sega, and Microsoft) have confirmed these events.

If the event is indeed held, and Brawl appears, there’s always a chance that there could be some big news revealed—say, something about online play, or maybe a peek at new characters? What do you hope to hear from Nintendo, assuming this event pans out?

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I'd like to see a trailer, regarding a couple things in particular...
More info regarding anything about the Subspace.
New characters in action and returning characters that were recently confirmed.
Display of the Assist Trophies' characters and pokeball pokemon. Regarding pokeballs, 4th gen pokemon would be great.
Footage of the new or updated techniques such as footstools and gliding.
And finally, new characters are always appreciated ;)

Sure, we probably won't be seeing a trailer, but any specific info on those things and anything regarding online or interface would be appreciated. I hate to say it, but I'm not too interested in Galaxy with such an opportunity at hand.

Also, just out of curiosity, any idea on why Nintendo never seems to make an impact at many game events? Or at least not as big as other competitors...

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
More likely I think is a Japanese release date, especially if the November 22nd rumor pans out. Remember, North America got about a 5 month heads-up, and Japan doesn't even have a date to look forward to yet.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
I hope dere is a nre trailer will all the new characters in action nd I also wanna c wat happens wen u summon the a.t. Nd hopefully we see some new stages or maybe some characters aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I wanna play rite now

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
TRAILER! TRAILER! PLAYABLE! PLAYABLE! SONIC! WW LINK! MEGAMAN! GENO! *calms down* okay, but seriously, we need a huge trailer blowout, to steal the video gaming press' attention! XD

shanus

Smash Hero
oh exciting. Any news on what time this will happen (time of day)?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I hope more characters are revealed... Like Isaac! That'd be the most awesome thing ever.

Unfortunately even if Brawl makes a showing, I doubt much if anything would be revealed at all. :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Subspace Emissary Trailer (continued):

Peach is freed from Petey Piranha's cage. The overgrown weed lunges in for a bite, but Peach pulls out Toad to defend her. He struggles to break free; her grip slips....

*BANG!*

Toad bashes Peach on the head with his own noggin for being subjected to so much abuse. He then plucks an enormous turnip from the ground and tosses it into Petey's gaping orifice (no, not THAT one!). Petey chokes on a combination of the vegetable and his own vomit. He dizzily falls down and quickly loses consciousness.

"Yeah! I'm the best!"

NEWCOMER: TOAD

=)

(Really, though, we can realistically expect a Japanese release date, and maaaaaybe the default roster).

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
What I'd like to see:

Some gameplay video, or trailer.

At least some hints about 3rd party developers: Tease us with one screen of a blue blur in a gamplay vid, or the theme music from megaman zero/ sonic... even the sound of a spin dash would get me fired up.

New Characters: Lucario would make me smile.

What is more likely:

Continuation of the subspace trailer.

Few screens.

Maby hinting to online play being refined right now.

Whatever happens, I'm excited now ^^

Sir James

The Doctor
I definitely would like to see an official confirmation for online play. With the game only a few months away I think an official announcement for online play would be perfect timing. Combine that with some gameplay videos and I think the hype for Brawl would increase tenfold.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo going to hype me up more than I already am? I hope it turns out WAY better than their e3 showing, (Come on Confirmed Online Play)

Croco

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if we do not hear anything from this press conference for some time. Nintendo might pull a "Do not release this information until TGS" or something like that.

D

Deleted member

Mega props for putting my thread on the blog guys!

I wouldn't get too excited...all they'll probably do is confirm online play, or release a video with Captain Falcon in it lol.

If online play is confirmed, then that BrawlMessenger guy who clamied to have inside info (ie, Nook and Celda playable), could be right. But its a long shot.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Good stuff!

Now I have a reason to live for september!
Though I'll have my hopes low..

A trailer and a new character or two.
And that's it.

I doubt I'll even get that, as nothing seems likely to me...but who knows?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
that's quite alot of third party characters Kirby, and spyro?!? He's the lamest third party character out there.

At this point I just can't wait till brawl comes out. September really doesn't catch me anymore. I'm thinking of just waiting for the game to release and laying off the boards and blogs. I don't know though.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
I agree a demo would be awsome! but, we probably won't receive much more info than what we already know.

Kinnikuman

Smash Cadet
They have to tell us the *** release date sometime and this is the time, along with a trailer.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..I would simply want to see some actual live gameplay hosted. Maybe the all veterans returning and what not but I don't expect anything to big. Maybe online modes?

PS- I don't know why j-a-p is blocked. Racial issues?

Top Bottom