• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo hold another Press Conference

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Nintendo conference manager: So, what's this Brawl thingy we're hearing about?
Reggie: Oh, yes, well, it's the latest installment in our best-selling series, Super Smash Bros., and is a guaranteed moneymaker.
Nintendo conference manager: I see...
(long pause)
Nintendo conference manager: Well, what else have we got?

That's about all of Brawl we'll see at this conference.

Kel

Smash Master
Well Nintendo Power said that their December issue would have a "Hands-on" look at Brawl.
NintendoWorld is also coming up. That's where they revealed the second trailer last year.
Mna, I hope they show Nights or something haha. (Not in Brawl but the actual game that's coming up)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Someone in the Sonic thread sayd we would get Sonic this wednesday, isn't that the same day the conference takes place?

Of course i don't believe it, i don't even like Sonic, just bringing it up to your attention.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'd say the day we get this supposed press conference, we get Brawl news. On the DOJO. Like always.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Well Nintendo Power said that their December issue would have a "Hands-on" look at Brawl.
NintendoWorld is also coming up. That's where they revealed the second trailer last year.
Mna, I hope they show Nights or something haha. (Not in Brawl but the actual game that's coming up)
oh yeah, I forgot about that! thanks for the reminder man.

(no sarcasm)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Please refer to past "Upcoming Conference" threads for complete instructions on how to successfully not get your hopes up, and terrifying examples of what will happen if you do.

Thank you for your time.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
since E3, i haven't been too hyped about any conference Nintendo COULD hold. however, with 3 credible gaming sites/mags (EGM, Nintendo Power, and IGN) saying they will have a "hands-on" preview, this could be how they'll get their info

however, i'm just going to go day by day as if nothing important will happen, and if something does, then good. if not, oh well, i didn't get my hopes up anyway AND the Dojo is still giving me something.

i suggest you guys do the same

Max780

Smash Apprentice
They need to start showing off BWii for sure(Come out this month!) and then Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB. They need heaver advertising for Galaxy and Brawl then they had for Metriod.

They have made huge of amounts of money(They have the highest valued stock behind toyota in Japan) So they should easily could pore millions of dollars into Advertising.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
They have made huge of amounts of money(They have the highest valued stock behind toyota in Japan) So they should easily could pore millions of dollars into Advertising.
But do they really need to? You have to admit, both of these titles practically sell themselves.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
But do they really need to? You have to admit, both of these titles practically sell themselves.

Not to one some of the people there trying to reach like non-hardcore gamers.

I know Nintendo Titles always sell and well always will sale well.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Then confirm it please.
He obviously received a telegram from a unicorn confirming that.

Every time Nintendo has a press conference, they let us down. I doubt they'll reveal anything there.

I hope I'm wrong.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Sonic will be confirmed until after S&M: at the OG...

...Geno, however...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I would really laugh out loud if instead of Sonic, NiGHTS, or even worse, AiAi gets confirmed as a playable character.

And I mean, real loud. And point and laugh at you.

But, unfortunately, if there even is a SEGA representative, it would be Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would really laugh out loud if instead of Sonic, NiGHTS, or even worse, AiAi gets confirmed as a playable character.

And I mean, real loud. And point and laugh at you.

But, unfortunately, if there even is a SEGA representative, it would be Sonic.
What are you talking about...NiGHTS is awesome! ...If it wasn't 1 rep of Sega, I would want NiGHTS...

...Just want to see Mario and Sonic fight in Brawl

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Chill out and hold your horses guys. This press conference might have some Brawl cameos or maybe even a playable form of some sort, but I doubt they'll show new characters or whatever... With E for All around the corner they might hold out until then...

Btw when is the Space World event? November?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Hmm, so if a playable version is playable I'd expect plenty of 'hands on reviews' just telling us how it plays. Many 'pro' players will be pissed because these reviwerers probably don't know how to wavedash and stuff.

With all the info we have on the site, and more coming daily, don't expect much.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
Reggie: Hey guys! Look here!
*quickly hides the screenshot of all the playable characters in Brawl and replaces it with some old grandma dying while playing Wii Fit*
This is the holiday's #1 wanted game, Wii Fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah, and Super smash Bros. too.......

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Reggie: So! Are you ready for your hands-on experience with Brawl!?
Reviewer Person(RP): !!!
Reggie: ok here you go! *takes out the SSBB case and hands it to RP*
RP: ...
Reggie: well? how is the smashing experience?
RP: *leaves microphone on floor and walk away, quiting his/her job*

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Then confirm it please.
Long story short, I have received information from someone within Nintendo saying that they plan to reveal Sonic on Wednesday. Also, I have details on the starting roster. It's all in the sonic thread in the character discussion forum.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
The Japanese release date has already been confirmed on the 5th September event. It's 22nd November.
I don't think it is true. I have heard that releaes date came from reliable source (famistu or crono crono magazine)

I am going to wait for Dojo to announce release date for Japan on their site.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
It's not the biggest market at all. It is where it's being made though, so it only makes sense that it'd be ready there first.
Your right it use to be. America is.

I agree with you though Nintendo's Based(Main) and Masahiro Sakurai and the Smash Bros Team is also based there it would still make since.

Wreked

Smash Lord
One word. EMBARGO.

Don't get your hopes up too much, lest they crash to the ground.
Did you know that embargo backwards is ograbme.

I saw that on whose line is it anyway a long time ago.

Any way back on topic.

I doubt much. E for all is coming up soon which I expect to be the big brawl news. If anything the nintendo power or this conference would be small but exciting news to hype brawl for e for all.

Top Bottom