• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo E3

nevershootme

Smash Master
ugh ill agree on 64 to galaxy, but not sunshine.
and isn't it a tad bit to early to knock off Microsoft and what they show?
microsoft mostly showcased live demos of modern warfare 2, alan wake, splinter cell conviction, forza motorsport 2

They also brought out kojima announcing MGS Rising coming to 360, showed live footage of FFXIII running on 360

bringing facebook and twitter to xbox live users

Project Natal and Peter Molyneux project demo taking advantage of Natal.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Microsoft:So much PHAIL in one place? Impossible! The scouter showed OVER 9000 FAIL POINTS!

Random Nappa:OVER 9000?!

Nintendo:"New" Mario, Kick-*** new Metroid, and gaynew Zelda, yet no mention of a new Console Zelda, Starfox game, F-Zero, and Katamari Damacy moving to the console it was MADE for? Pretty much Fail, with some good points.

Sony:HOLY CRAP. Uncharted:Among Thieves, PSP Go, GOW3, Final Fantsy XIII? Jeez, now I want a PS3. If only for GOW3. Too bad they're ripping off of the Wii, with the "two-wands" thingy.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Let's change this thread to e3: atl south discussion lol. I mean in all homesty, nintendo's presentation was extremely weak, I refuse to sit and listen to 10 minutes of chatter as opposed to sony and microsoft got straight to the point by highlighting the big games and surprises. Yes sony and microsoft's different takes on motion control is pretty unique and calls out for different creativity as whereas nintendo just has an addon going. Hey let's twist and turn to skysdive! Keep in mind that both companies didn't infringe each other in a sense

Excuse me cuz this post was posted from my phone wifi and. I'm in class
I really dont give a **** about microsoft or sony i saw the nintendo conference and i wanted to see what people thought about it

Master Raven

Smash Master
Crashic should drink a beer sometime.

I don't really care for innovation as long as the game is good.

Handorin

Smash Hero
PS3 Owners and Wii owners could always go on those sites. What makes it different now? Nothing.
The difference between going on the website and using the applications on the Xbox/DSi is that you can take stuff DIRECTLY from the console itself and the interface options it has there such as manipulating it, naming it, etc.

People are making a big deal about it, and making a big deal about tired **** like God of War 3 and the next Call of Duty.

I ****ing hate video gamers, the only thing they support are tiny updates of **** that's been done before.
RE 4.5 sucked. Harder enemies, same crappy controls. Bioshiock is a typical FPS in a different location with BEES OUT YOUR ARM.
You are on a video game website, what do you expect?

Also, sometimes a game doesnt need a whole new revolutionary style of play. The control scheme, however much it might be 'crappy' is going to stay because it is the best it can be at the moment. If you want better control, switch to PC gaming (which I agree whole-heartedly with FPSs) The best thing to do is add more story, new bad guys, etc. What else do you expect out of a series?

"RE 4.5New Mario sucked. HarderSame old enemies, same crappy controls with new gear physics. Bioshiock New Mario is a typical FPS RPG in a different location with BEES OUT YOUR ARMDIFFERENT STARS AND END GAME PRINCESS."

Wow, used same argument. (Except that Mario games are good)

You know why controls in general stay the same? Because IT WORKS! If someone comes up with a cool new way, good for them. You can take any game down to the bare bones and say it's a typical genre.

Go out and buy World of Goo and Little Big Planet.
I have bought WoG (for PC), and it was amazing. It had a great concept, amazing music, and an intriguing storyline. Will I hear your same arguments later if they ever come out with a WoG 2? (OMG, SAME GAME, JUST NEW GOO AND NEW PROBLEM)

I don't have a PS3 though. Just a Wii and a 360.

Frames

DI
I thought E3 was a closed trade event now.
it still is...dogy just got in by stealing a ticket from an honest white man

also i loved sony's press conference and i'm so glad i have a ps3/psp lol

as for nintendo...it wasn't their worst conference ever...the worst part was definitely the "wii vitality sensor" which is ONLY useful if they can rig it to resident evil where if you start dying in the game it starts killing you in real life

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I think Metroid OTher M is instantly the best considering Zamus can shoot lasers from her nipples (according to the trailer, anyway).

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Better yet, my idea of an ending would be:

Samus enters the room for the final boss. She'd just kicked Ridley's *** and killed him. FOR REELZ.
Malkovich(the army dude): Samus, It's been a while.
Samus:Malkovich? What're you doing here?
Malkovich:There's a couple of things I must tell you.
Samus: Like what?
Malkovich:I am the true leader of the Space Pirates.
Samus:What? That can't be! but you're-
Malkovich:As well, I destroyed (insert name of Samus' home planet here).
Samus:But, why?
Malkovich:Because (insert some random reason, most likely involving money, here.)
Samus: I hope you know that I cannot forgive you for this.
Malkovich:But Samus.. Can you kill your Father?
Samus:WHAT?!
Malkovich:Samus, I'd like to let you know, that I am your father. I destroyed (home planet), I ordered the Space Pirates to attack.
Samus:RRGH!(Launches herself at him, thus begins the final boss battle.)
Malkovich turns into some strange really large Alien thingy which infected him after the planet had been attacked.

After the battle:
Malkovich is turned into normal form, is on knees.

Malkovich:Samus...you don't know how proud I am...
Samus:Don't talk you creep, just die.
Malkovich:Wait! I pass on the title of Captain of the Space Pirates, to you. Samus Aran.
Samus:I don't want any of this Captain Stuff. Just Die.
Samus shoots him. The planet/Space Colony/Train that they would be on is going to explode. Thus begins the rush to her ship before it explodes. On the way there, she loses all the upgrades she's gotten. She gets on her ship just in time, and flies away. If you don't make it to the ship in time, she dies and you must fight Malkovich again.

Roll Credits.

I figure Nintendo would do this.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
So, uh,... is anybody else a little freaked out Lion Head created Skynet?

Also, I don't have a PS3, but MAG is impressing me more than it did last year, and they finally have GT5 coming out. I loves me some Gran Turismo, so I might have to start saving up >..>

nevershootme

Smash Master
So, uh,... is anybody else a little freaked out Lion Head created Skynet?

Also, I don't have a PS3, but MAG is impressing me more than it did last year, and they finally have GT5 coming out. I loves me some Gran Turismo, so I might have to start saving up >..>
well LionHead studios (**** mr. overhyper Molyneux), ok yea he freaking created an AI game O_O, i don't think it would be enough to overpower anyone lol

Don't forget the games of the past, Seaman and Hey You Pikachu!, Their AI wasn't enough to revolt

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No please not Hannah Montana *rages SFHASFSAIHJSDFGHSDG*

I'm still getting a Wii though.

Top Bottom