• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo E3

nevershootme

Smash Master
think of the applications!!!

resident evil with the sensor....

but yea... golden sun ds and metroid should be good, i dunno wtf type of game is it, but i think it's classic and prime combined...

cammie's (name) speech is crap regardless

Zoro

Smash Champion
I think Metroid the other M is gonna be the best 3d metroid yet
i actually think it looked really cool
was 3rd person and 1st person i wonder if you can choose which one you want to play with

Galaxy 2 looks identical to 1 i saw more snow levels thats about it
oh and you can ride yoshi

Loto

Smash Ace
GOLDEN SUN DS, WOOOOOT. I'VE BEEN WAITING SO MANY YEARS FOR YOU. 6 years to be exact.....lol

Time to replay through the lost age. :D

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
metroid other m looks amazing.
seems like you'll be using both first and 3rd person modes. at least if her visors come back yeah.

and anyone think that Adam is in this?

:>

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
omg! super mario galaxy 2! i'm so gettinbg it! and golden sun and kingdom hearts ds loook good too! i'm so getting them! i'm so happy!!! :D

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wii Vitality Sensor: The Future of Children's Hospital Gaming

Really, other than like 2-3 things, Nintendo was meh.

Microsoft is pretty much **** though. They just made huge technology advancements.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, how did the other two press conferences go? Did anyone catch what games were shown?

Handorin

Smash Hero
No. Microsoft did an awful job, showing a lot of flash for a lot of the same old crap and a fancy web cam.
You must have not watched the same thing. The stuff Microsoft was amazing and just mindblowing on what they have capabilities to do.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You must have not watched the same thing. The stuff Microsoft was amazing and just mindblowing on what they have capabilities to do.
You mean a motion capture camera where you can't really apply it to a full fledge game cause you can't walk forward?
Nothing was amazing.
It was either old and tired, or gimmicky and flawed.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, a motion camera that lets you do all that motion stuff.

But also the ability to do voice/face recognition.

Cool little things like scanning real life stuff into games.

Sense facial expressions and emotions in general.

And much more.

I'm not sure how any of that is any older than Mario? Tired? That makes no sense. And there is no basis to tell if it is gimicky or flawed.

EDIT: Tell me something better Nintendo or Sony did, and I can say the exact same thing you just did and actually mean it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Mind explaining to me how all of those features will add up to the next classic game? They are all useless features.

Mario, unlike every FPS out there, continues to reinvent himself every game, and has not come down to the same basic controls that we see in in every FPS. Modern guns and setting is not an innovation, and giving Oblivion guns is not an innovation (Fallout 3). There has not been a single inovative game to be released on the 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqvIITrYdyo
This trumps everything Xbox has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwoRNf2X_M
as does this.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Mind explaining to me how all of those features will add up to the next classic game? They are all useless features.

Mario, unlike every FPS out there, continues to reinvent himself every game, and has not come down to the same basic controls that we see in in every FPS. Modern guns and setting is not an innovation, and giving Oblivion guns is not an innovation (Fallout 3). There has not been a single inovative game to be released on the 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqvIITrYdyo
This trumps everything Xbox has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwoRNf2X_M
as does this.
I never said they will add up to the next classic game. They are very impressive though. If you say it isnt, then you are choosing to ignore it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-xaiMaru64

And I believe this trumps a lot of stuff Nintendo and Sony had as well.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I never said they will add up to the next classic game. They are very impressive though. If you say it isnt, then you are choosing to ignore it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-xaiMaru64

And I believe this trumps a lot of stuff Nintendo and Sony had as well.
They add minuscule things to the game, if anyone even chooses to use it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXN7vLPsDSM
Yeah, how he moves, its so impressive. So life like.

And I really don't feel like playing another Alone In The Dark game.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Then debunk a single thing I've said.
The motion sensor won't work.
The games are all tired and worn.
Xbox is actually getting credit for working with Facebook now? Wii and PS3 have had a compatible internet browser for a long time.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Let's change this thread to e3: atl south discussion lol. I mean in all homesty, nintendo's presentation was extremely weak, I refuse to sit and listen to 10 minutes of chatter as opposed to sony and microsoft got straight to the point by highlighting the big games and surprises. Yes sony and microsoft's different takes on motion control is pretty unique and calls out for different creativity as whereas nintendo just has an addon going. Hey let's twist and turn to skysdive! Keep in mind that both companies didn't infringe each other in a sense

Excuse me cuz this post was posted from my phone wifi and. I'm in class

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Xbox is actually getting credit for working with Facebook now? Wii and PS3 have had a compatible internet browser for a long time.
the sales won't lie
Just wait and see, everything right now short of graphics and audio is hearsay, and even then I can guarantee framerates will drop on a lot of these games that seem so good looking right now.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Facebook isnt an internet browser.
The DS is also getting Facebook stuff.
Xbox isnt getting credit for working with them.

Xbox is also getting Twitter. (-_-)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Transformers is a block buster movie. So? **** still sucked.
As does everything they've shown.

Facebook isnt an internet browser.
The DS is also getting Facebook stuff.
Xbox isnt getting credit for working with them.

Xbox is also getting Twitter. (-_-)
PS3 Owners and Wii owners could always go on those sites. What makes it different now? Nothing. People are making a big deal about it, and making a big deal about tired **** like God of War 3 and the next Call of Duty.

I ****ing hate video gamers, the only thing they support are tiny updates of **** that's been done before.
RE 4.5 sucked. Harder enemies, same crappy controls. Bioshiock is a typical FPS in a different location with BEES OUT YOUR ARM. Go out and buy World of Goo and Little Big Planet.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

PS3 Owners and Wii owners could always go on those sites. What makes it different now? Nothing. People are making a big deal about it, and making a big deal about tired **** like God of War 3 and the next Call of Duty.

I ****ing hate video gamers, the only thing they support are tiny updates of **** that's been done before.
RE 4.5 sucked. Harder enemies, same crappy controls. Bioshiock is a typical FPS in a different location with BEES OUT YOUR ARM. Go out and buy World of Goo and Little Big Planet.
PC Gaming is where its at >_>

Also single player games are boring, sorry.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion

someone is mad salty LOL
you stated that Mario continues to reinvent himself *your going to have to explain that one to me* yet you turn around and knock off games like RE, GOW. My point mario and hell every Nintendo game nowadays is no different then the other titles you metion.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
someone is mad salty LOL
you stated that Mario continues to reinvent himself *your going to have to explain that one to me* yet you turn around and knock off games like RE, GOW. My point mario and hell every Nintendo game nowadays is no different then the other titles you metion.
I was mad because of this argument http://www.gorillaz-unofficial.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20926

In each new Mario game, the system is nearly completely changed.
Yes, you have the basic platforming elements, but the additions they add make it a completely new game. Compare Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Galaxy. All three played drastically different. The closest Mario game to another is Mario Galaxy 2, but I have a feeling this one will be nearly all Yoshi based. As for Resident Evil 5, they made your enemy's harder, but you are the same. It doesn't fit, and makes the entire game feel clunky. Once we get a few more REs under our belt, you'll see. Its going to be the originals all over again. The changes in Super Mario Sunshine to Super Mario Galaxy are astounding. The changes in Halo 2 to Halo 3 are slight in comparison.

Top Bottom