• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Coming On June 11th.Count Down Thread Day 00

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What about super smash bros. dynamite?
I never really thought of that title before, but it actually sounds really good.

Think about it, dynamite explodes, and smash is an explosive, crazy, and fireworks-filled game.

Dynamite also is a classic cartoon "weapon" of sorts, and smash is extremely cartoony, unrealistic, and just over-the-top crazy.

That makes it literally, figuratively, and comparatively a great title.
Like Johnknight1, I'm a big fan of Clash. I really do think that it's going to be the name of the next title.
Clash just freaking sounds epic. So does Thrash. Both are 5-letter words (like Melee and Brawl), and neither of them have a "M" or a "B" in the start of the word.
Though I also like "Revolution", but that'll never happen.
That sounds like Smash is changing, which inevitably it isn't. If any game should have been "Revolution," it should have been one of the previous 3 games.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
i'm just going to call it either super smash bros 4, or super smash bros. Universe until E3. but another possibility could be rumble.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
i'm just going to call it either super smash bros 4, or super smash bros. Universe until E3. but another possibility could be rumble.

I think Universe sounds the best if you ask me! It seems like a fitting name for a game that'll now incorporate so many different characters and universes. :cool:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I just looked through the whole thread just now and, I gotta say, Goku is not needed in Smash Bros. Mind you, I'm a HUGE Dragon Ball fan, but no 4th party characters are needed...like at all. If I want to beat the crap outta people with Goku, I'll play DBZ games, SSF2, or Jump Ultimate Stars. Besides I'm hoping for Megaman and Heihachi anyways.

If we are talking about a name for Smash 4, I'm thinking Battle, Rumble, Clash, Scuffle, or Combat/Kombat. Kerfuffle would be an even better name.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I think Clash is likely... Though, I used that name for a comic book I made featuring my comic book characters several years ago lol

Everyone thinks the next game will be called Universe, which is possible, but that really doesn't fit in with the past games Melee and Brawl in terms of naming. And wasn't the first Smash Bros. called Battle Royale in Japan as a subtitle?

Anyhow, can't wait for that Nintendo Direct. I'm going to have a box of tissues ready

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Goku? More like Noku.

I don't think it'll be called Universe. I wouldn't be shocked, but I think it'll stick with the trend established by the previous games. Clash or Rumble, probably. Maybe Showdown. The more I think about it, the likelier Clash seems though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai said there will be only video game original characters to appear in Smash Bros, let alone be playable. Therefore, Goku, Superman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Jesus, Captain Jack Sparrow, and George Washington all cannot be playable... sans as a Mii if Miis are playable!!!

Also, there is no way in hell the title will be Universe. That's just an awfully generic name someone made up for that ridiculous rumor.
OHHHH like The Legend of Smellda or iPokémon? :troll:
No, the crappy mobile phone Pokémon game is not iPkémon. Nope, it's called Digimon! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai said there will be only video game original characters to appear in Smash Bros, let alone be playable. Therefore, Goku, Superman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Jesus, Captain Jack Sparrow, and George Washington all cannot be playable... sans as a Mii if Miis are playable!!!

Also, there is no way in hell the title will be Universe. That's just an awfully generic name someone made up for that ridiculous rumor.

No, the crappy mobile phone Pokémon game is not iPkémon. Nope, it's called Digimon! :troll:
And this is why Mii should be in... so I can play as Astro Boy in Smash!

Seriously, Sakurai should make this happen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You be Astro Boy, I'll be George Washington, and possibly two other people can be Spider-Man and Ozzy Osbourne.

It will be the match up everyone wants that everybody didn't know they wanted but they actually did.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You be Astro Boy, I'll be George Washington, and possibly two other people can be Spider-Man and Ozzy Osbourne.

It will be the match up everyone wants that everybody didn't know they wanted but they actually did.
I call Spidey!

I am disappointed at the lack of Jesus though.

Jesus Mii for SSB4!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Psh. I'll just use my Kanye Mii, and then I'll be the greatest smasher of all time. Of. All. Time.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I have only two Godzilla movies left, and tomorrow I'll probably watch the entire new season of Arrested Development. I guess I'll play Xenoblade for the rest of the days. It's like damage control at this point.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Another day down, and just slightly over 2 weeks left to go. Prepare yourself! *pun intended to Ike*

Fixations

Smash Rookie
It's funny looking back, when the game was mentioned at e3 2011 and people speculated we were getting information 2013, it seemed like an extremely long time for me. However those two years flew past quickly, and it's the two week wait till June 11th that's killing me x.x

D

Deleted member

My roster prediction is:

Wolf, Snake, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and R.O.B. and Ike will be cut.

-Even though Pikmin 3 is coming soon, Olimar is way to iconic to cut, and will probably even feature in Pikmin 3.
-Sonic will stay 100%
-Even though I will get hated for this, I'd really like them to give Jigglypuffs slot to Igglybuff. They could be really creative with this and make Igglybuff evolve while fighting, and become Jigglypuff, who that can evolve into Wigglytuff after taking more damage(or randomly pulls a moonstone).
-Also I'd rather them swap lucas out for Kumatora, just to have another girl in the mix.
-Finally, it'd quite interesting if Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf could Up Taunt to swap into their respective Toon forms. Dual wield scimitar Toon Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Zelda becomes Toon Zelda/Tetra.

The Most Likely Newcomers being (Note I put a Star beside on who I think will go through):
-Chrom*
-Tharja*
-Lyn
-Black Shadow
-Palutena*
-Tom Nook*
-Waluigi*
-Little Mac
-Mewtwo (Who can Swap Between Normal and Awakened Form)*
-Dixie Kong*
-Issac*
-King K Rool
-Fawful
-Shulk

Spire

III
BRoomer
Everyone thinks the next game will be called Universe, which is possible, but that really doesn't fit in with the past games Melee and Brawl in terms of naming. And wasn't the first Smash Bros. called Battle Royale in Japan as a subtitle?
Here are the English and Japanese-translated-to-English titles:

English // Japanese
Super Smash Bros. // Nintendo All-Star! Great Melee Smash Brothers
Super Smash Bros. Melee // Great Melee Smash Brothers Deluxe
Super Smash Bros. Brawl // Great Melee Smash Brothers X

Considering the second game adopted "Melee" from its predecessor's Japanese name, had this trend continued, Super Smash Bros. Brawl would have been called "Super Smash Bros. Deluxe". Brawl is a better name than Deluxe. Brawl's Japanese name ends in X, a single letter. What system also ends in a single letter?

There's a chance the next game will be called:
Super Smash Bros. Universe // Great Melee Smash Brothers U

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Here are the English and Japanese-translated-to-English titles:

English // Japanese
Super Smash Bros. // Nintendo All-Star! Great Melee Smash Brothers
Super Smash Bros. Melee // Great Melee Smash Brothers Deluxe
Super Smash Bros. Brawl // Great Melee Smash Brothers X

Considering the second game adopted "Melee" from its predecessor's Japanese name, had this trend continued, Super Smash Bros. Brawl would have been called "Super Smash Bros. Deluxe". Brawl is a better name than Deluxe. Brawl's Japanese name ends in X, a single letter. What system also ends in a single letter?

There's a chance the next game will be called:
Super Smash Bros. Universe // Great Melee Smash Brothers U
Id like it if it ends up being Universe. I like Deluxe two.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I dunno, I'm not too big on Smash 4 for being called Universe. It's not the worst name, but not that great either. I guess I don't care for it much since it more or less breaks the naming theme we've had for the last two games. I feel like that the title should be a synonym for fighting. Stuff like battle, rumble, clash, conflict, struggle, heck even kerfuffle. Though like I said, Universe isn't the worst name either. You could argue that the name fits with the various Nintendo(and possible third party characters)being brought together to beat the crap out of each other.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'd bet most of my lucky pennies that the name will be Rumble.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My roster prediction is:

Wolf, Snake, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and R.O.B. and Ike will be cut.
Pokémon Trainer is secured because of Charizard. There's no Pokémon who's even close to being as loved as Charizard by the fanbase, not even Pikachu and Mewtwo can touch him. Remove Charizard, and you might aswell remove Luigi.

I think R.O.B will stay in the same spirit that G&W stayed, and Wolf was already a requested character who has a moveset that's easy to make even more unique. Snake is also a very unique character, I see no reason as to why he'd be cut, especially since Nintendo's relation to Konami hasn't changed since.

Ike, Lucario and Toon Link are the ones at stake, and given that there's a new Wind Waker remake coming up Toon Link's spot might be secured. Lucario might end up getting booted for Mewtwo, though I find it a little unlikely, and Ike might suffer the Roy fate. Though Roy not being included in Brawl was more over for the fact that he was a clone and got low priority because of that, where as Ike is completely unique, and popular in the west.

They've imported the engine from Brawl, if they remove characters it's because they don't think they're worthwhile, not because of time constraints like usually.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Pokémon Trainer is secured because of Charizard. There's no Pokémon who's even close to being as loved as Charizard by the fanbase, not even Pikachu and Mewtwo can touch him. Remove Charizard, and you might aswell remove Luigi.
I think R.O.B will stay in the same spirit that G&W stayed, and Wolf was already a requested character who has a moveset that's easy to make even more unique. Snake is also a very unique character, I see no reason as to why he'd be cut, especially since Nintendo's relation to Konami hasn't changed since.
Ike, Lucario and Toon Link are the ones at stake, and given that there's a new Wind Waker remake coming up Toon Link's spot might be secured. Lucario might end up getting booted for Mewtwo, though I find it a little unlikely, and Ike might suffer the Roy fate. Though Roy not being included in Brawl was more over for the fact that he was a clone and got low priority because of that, where as Ike is completely unique, and popular in the west.
They've imported the engine from Brawl, if they remove characters it's because they don't think they're worthwhile, not because of time constraints like usually.
It's likely, but is there any confirmation of this?
Also, how was the transition from melee to brawl?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's likely, but is there any confirmation of this?
Also, how was the transition from melee to brawl?
I remember an interview where he specifically stated the first thing they'd do is import Brawl's engine to the Wii U, which was iirc right after E3 2011, but I couldn't find that exact interview, this was the closest I found:

"Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there."

Not sure how the Melee to Brawl transition worked, or if it was even possible at all to import the Melee engine to the Wii.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I remember an interview where he specifically stated the first thing they'd do is import Brawl's engine to the Wii U, which was iirc right after E3 2011, but I couldn't find that exact interview, this was the closest I found:

"Sakurai noted he would use Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a starting point and move on from there."

Not sure how the Melee to Brawl transition worked, or if it was even possible at all to import the Melee engine to the Wii.
I know with Brawl, they got the assets from Melee to help them. Mario's stock icon from Melee is in the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Top Bottom