• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Coming On June 11th.Count Down Thread Day 00

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Other than Tharja and having 23 characters in the trailer... yeah, realistic. :smirk:

GoNintendo just reports on other stories, they don't usually post original rumors or anything. Anyway, this came from 4chan, so judge for yourself. :rolleyes:

Lol i re-looked over it and saw it was started by 4chan. :lol:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ugh, seven AM. I live in Seattle. E3 is the only time I really hate living on the West Coast, 'cause everything's so early. D= Whatever, my crappy computer probably couldn't handle the stream well anyway. I'll just catch the video on my Wii U!

Also, dat 4chan rumor is fake as balls. No possible way we're getting that many characters, especially in such a short time. Or even a mere minute and a half video, for that matter! Not for what's easily Nintendo's most anticipated game.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I like this rumor..It is more realistic than the other rumor's. Mewtwo could be considered as a newcomer cause of his X/Y form.
The name "Super Smash Bros Calamity" sounds realistic to you? Seriously?

Shulk seems like a pipe dream as well, and as noted, Tharja is an outright ridiculous claim.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If any of those five is a pipe dream, it's Tharja. Shulk has pretty good chances.
Edit: I'm too slow. Again.

I also forgot to mention the name earlier. What a terrible name. No way would they choose "Calamity". It's not even a synonym for fight, it's a synonym for something terrible happening, a disaster. WHY would they want a game named after that? Why would they want people to associate something like that with Smash? This rumor is laughably bad.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Not believing anything yet as this season is ripe with rumors (and we will be seeing a TON in the coming days), but I was unaware of Tharja before now... too late to support her incredibly unlikely addition? Closest thing we'll get to a Black Mage (my hopes for him have dwindled to nothing).

+1 to Tharja?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
4chan always has a bunch of "rumors" for everything in the whole wide world, this one is as legit as every other 4chan rumor, aka it's fake. Just think about it, you want to leak some big news, why in the wide world would you go to 4chan first?

The trailer is definitely being kept behind sealed doors by Nintendo, if any of these rumors are true I'll be greatly surprised. At most we'll be getting a leak of the Best Buy demo if SSB4 will be one of the demos.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Looking forward to someone stealing a copy of the Smash demo from Best Buy, breaking into its code and unveiling everything! Best be careful Sakurai.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Looking forward to someone stealing a copy of the Smash demo from Best Buy, breaking into its code and unveiling everything! Best be careful Sakurai.

Incase we actually get a demo of SSB4. I have this feeling we don't though, because Sakurai tries tp keep the game very secretive. (-l´l-)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They'll probably remove all data from the demos that isn't playable in the demo. I doubt that there'll be a demo for SSB4 though, to avoid leaks etc. I can see Mario Kart and the new 3D Mario having demos though, and there's not much to leak about those anyways compared to Smash Bros. This whole demo thing does seem pretty risky though, unless they deliver the products to Best Buy in a very sealed manner.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
not that I believe the rumour, but I think it's worth throwing out there that Tharja is the 3rd most popular female character and the most popular parent character after the female avatar according to nintendo.jp's official awakening poll.

I remember seeing a poll on an official Nintendo faceb ook page (possibly their 3DS one?) where she ranked in the top ten awakening characters as well.

I don't see her being announced./getting in a head of Chrom/Lucina/Avatar, but I mean... she's not *completely* random.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
The name "Super Smash Bros Calamity" sounds realistic to you? Seriously?

Shulk seems like a pipe dream as well, and as noted, Tharja is an outright ridiculous claim.
I wasin't looking at the name of the game,I just looked at the name of the characters and thought it sounded realistic to me.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Shulk has a decent shot, I think. Xenoblade was well-received and Shulk could be an interesting fighter. Tharja? No.

And Calamity won't be the name. It'll probably be Clash or Rumble, I think. I'm still hoping for Brouhaha though... :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It could be a pseudo-newcomer when you take into account the new Awakened Forme.

Yeah wasnt Zero Suit Samus called a newcomer too despite that she was still Samus but in the zero suit? If Mewtwo was revealed but in his new forme, he'd probably still be called a newcomer as well. So yeah, pseudo-newcomer would suit better.

But yeah, I'm not buying that rumor. Especially because of Tharja (And because it's just a rumor as well). Had it been Anna instead then that would be pretty awesome but it would still be a rumor so I would still not be buying it until it's actually revealed.

Calamity I could see happening but I'm fairly certain they would go for another synonym related to Brawl and Melee. Such as Fray or something.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I think Mewtwo's new form will be used as the way to introduce him, and hos original form will be used as an alternate look (like what happened with Wario).

Guys "Calamity" is the lamest potential title I've ever heard for a smash bros game, and it's not even close. That title sucks, and sounds so unfitting.

And for the record, I've been saying "Clash" should be the next Smash Bros' title since like 2006.

That and Super Smash Bros. Irish Drunken Bar Fight... Now Featuring REAL STOOLS!!!
Other underrated but ridiculously unlikely titles include:
-Bash
-Chaos
-Domination:
-Showdown
-Slash (Slash and Clash sounds pretty cool)
-Snake's Storytime

Chaos, Collision, and Thrash (that would be an incredible title) are all underrated title names.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Oh man, Thrash. =O That'd be pretty kickass! Don't much care for Collision though...that should be what they call a Mario/Sonic racing crossover.

I think Clash or Rumble are likely, but perhaps it'll be Showdown? Also, anyone think the Wii U and 3DS versions will have different titles?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thrash and Clash would be two great titles for these 2 forthcoming games. It gives them a sense of connection, but also differentiates them.

And if we get a third-related game it can be "Slash." :shades:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would ****ing love Chaos. It's kinda overused for fanmade titles but that's a reason for it: it's ****ing cool.

I like the idea of having two different titles but similar better though. Hack & Slash lol

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Thrash and Clash could work. It also has the benefit of keeping them separate in abbreviations: SSBT and SSBC. They're also different from the previous ones!

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
They should go for a more original subtitle! Like "Reckoning", "Awakening", "Origins" or "Revenge"!

_Ronan

Smash Rookie
Why does everyone think that there will be a Sm4sh demo? I remember them saying in the last Nintendo Direct that they'll only be having demos of games that are coming out this year, then they listed the games that will be at Best Buy. Sm4sh most definitely isn't coming out this year, and they never mentioned it while talking about the Best Buy demos, so I think it's safe to say that there won't be a demo of it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why does everyone think that there will be a Sm4sh demo? I remember them saying in the last Nintendo Direct that they'll only be having demos of games that are coming out this year, then they listed the games that will be at Best Buy. Sm4sh most definitely isn't coming out this year, and they never mentioned it while talking about the Best Buy demos, so I think it's safe to say that there won't be a demo of it.
Well, they didn't say demos will only be of games coming out this year or list the games that will have demos, and as Smash 4 is confirmed to be shown, and has been in development for a decent amount of time, they think a demo is a possibility. No one thinks it's guaranteed, or at least, they shouldn't. Personally I think the game is still over a year away from release, so a demo isn't the most likely, but I don't discount the possibility. I think if Nintendo does the same kinda deal next year, then a Smash demo is probably gonna happen (assuming the game isn't out yet).

They should go for a more original subtitle! Like "Reckoning", "Awakening", "Origins" or "Revenge"!
I think Awakening is already taken. :smirk:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah wasnt Zero Suit Samus called a newcomer too despite that she was still Samus but in the zero suit? If Mewtwo was revealed but in his new forme, he'd probably still be called a newcomer as well. So yeah, pseudo-newcomer would suit better.
The difference here is that Mewtwo has been in the game before, but was cut. I'd call it a returning character, unless his new form has a new moveset too, or at least a modified one, then I'd call it a pseudo-newcomer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The difference here is that Mewtwo has been in the game before, but was cut. I'd call it a returning character, unless his new form has a new moveset too, or at least a modified one, then I'd call it a pseudo-newcomer.

I guess if they reveal the original Mewtwo they'd call him a returning character but if they reveal the new forme with a brand new moveset it would be a pseudo newcomer? :/

I personally hope they both show up though. But we probably will not find out about them until the game is out since they are probably going to be unlockable characters if they are going to be in the game...

_Ronan

Smash Rookie
Well, they didn't say demos will only be of games coming out this year or list the games that will have demos, and as Smash 4 is confirmed to be shown, and has been in development for a decent amount of time, they think a demo is a possibility.
Yeah. I just watched the Nintendo Direct again and have no idea why I remembered it that way. I was certain that that's what they said but oh well.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Considering the main title will be on the Wii U, I anticipate and prefer Super Smash Bros. Universe more than anything. Clash is the only fighting word I see working because all the others sound off (though that's a matter of opinion); it also rhymes with smash.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

All of those names are rather thematically loaded in that the game itself would have to take a certain direction for the name to make sense. For example, "Revenge". Revenge for whom against who? "Origins" of the Nintendo characters? (Although we in a sense already get that). "Awakening", what is awakening and into what? Reckoning as in judgment or something is a bit easier, like the Nintendo pantheon testing one another in battle, although it could easily be thematic and has that air to it, especially compared to "Melee" and "Brawl" which were simple and self-evident, and are even synonyms for one another.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Guys... Zinfandel was super kidding with those suggestions.

I jokingly call all fake sequels "Blank 2: The Reckoning". With the new Metal Gear game, I might move on to "Revengeance".

D

Deleted member

Like Johnknight1, I'm a big fan of Clash. I really do think that it's going to be the name of the next title.

Though I also like "Revolution", but that'll never happen.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Guys... Zinfandel was super kidding with those suggestions.

I jokingly call all fake sequels "Blank 2: The Reckoning". With the new Metal Gear game, I might move on to "Revengeance".

Psh I knew this dude you think I'm an idiot? That... that makes a lot of sense man.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think the important thing is that the title can't start with B or M... it'd just get confusing.

Heh, I just learned that "rhubarb" can be used to mean a brawl (especially during a sporting event). That's it, I'm calling it. Smash Bros: Rhubarb.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I posted this in another thread, but my title since before SSB4 was even announced has been "Super Smash Bros. War"
"War" really gives a sense of grandiose and seriousness.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
A war against what? The battles in versus mode aren't exactly wars.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
^^^ I think Mewtwo's new form will be used as the way to introduce him, and hos original form will be used as an alternate look (like what happened with Wario).

Guys "Calamity" is the lamest potential title I've ever heard for a smash bros game, and it's not even close. That title sucks, and sounds so unfitting.

And for the record, I've been saying "Clash" should be the next Smash Bros' title since like 2006.

That and Super Smash Bros. Irish Drunken Bar Fight... Now Featuring REAL STOOLS!!!Other underrated but ridiculously unlikely titles include:-Bash-Chaos-Domination:-Showdown-Slash (Slash and Clash sounds pretty cool)-Snake's Storytime

Chaos, Collision, and Thrash (that would be an incredible title) are all underrated title names.
What about super smash bros. dynamite?

Top Bottom