• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Coming On June 11th.Count Down Thread Day 00

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You guys heard thise rumor before?
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older instalments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

They will also show a pretty shocking teaser for Smash Bros U/3DS. The game will feature sightly different gameplay than older instalments of the Smash Bros series. The 3DS version will be very different to the W ii U one, content wise. There will be a few newcomer characters shown at the teaser: Little Mac, Takamaru, Tom Nook, Palutena, Dark Pit ( the source says he is not sure if it’s a transformation for Pit like Zelda/Sheik or a standalone character), and Bayonetta.
Old news already. I'm not buying that rumor as well.

Ooh good catch i made the time EST because i'm on the east coast i forgot to change it from LA to New York.
I got class that day too from 10:00 i'm gonna be staring at that clock all day!
Yeah. The one I posted is correct, albeit in my time zone.

Blasted exams, why are you always on the most hype-tastic days?! ;_;

I guess since it's 3 PM in UK, it means 5 PM here in Finland.

Woooh~
You're Finnish? Well, I knew you were European before...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That'd be some pretty underwhelming characters to reveal compared to Meta Knight, Pit, ZSS, Wario and Snake. I mean, Little Mac is expected by many here, Takamaru also has a decent following, same for Palutena, but Tom Nook, Dark Pit and Bayonetta? Ewhhhh..

Hoping it's a fake.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That'd be some pretty underwhelming characters to reveal compared to Meta Knight, Pit, ZSS, Wario and Snake. I mean, Little Mac is expected by many here, Takamaru also has a decent following, same for Palutena, but Tom Nook, Dark Pit and Bayonetta? Ehhhh... Hoping it's a fake.
The only one I'm eh about is Bayonetta (Never heard of the series)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Come to think about it, wouldn't it go against Sakurai's modesty to reveal 2 new Kid Icarus characters in the trailer? It's especially odd considering Dark Pit resembles Pit's black costume in Brawl extremely well to begin with, and if it's a transformation, well, when did Pit ever need a transformation gimmick? Not really buying it tbh.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Come to think about it, wouldn't it go against Sakurai's modesty to reveal 2 new Kid Icarus characters in the trailer? It's especially odd considering Dark Pit resembles Pit's black costume in Brawl extremely well to begin with, and if it's a transformation, well, when did Pit ever need a transformation gimmick? Not really buying it tbh.
Dark Pit is different from Pit actually, and Pit doesn't actually transform into Dark Pit. They are seperate characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit is different from Pit actually, and Pit doesn't actually transform into Dark Pit. They are seperate characters.
They could be a tag-team character, which you could switch the lead.

Honestly, I don't see it happening.

Dark Pit as an EX mode for Pit wouldn't be a bad idea, though. One possible change could be replacing the Mirror Shield move with the Dark Pit Staff, since Dark Pit doesn't use the Three Sacred Treasures and it's one of Dark Pit's signature weapons alongside the Silver Bow.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Never believe "sources" on the internet. Ever. Anyone can be a "source".

Guys, Hatless Mario will be playable in Smash 4, I HAVE A SOURCE. See? Anyone can say anything.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You're Finnish? Well, I knew you were European before...

Well I'm not in means of nationality but I live in Finland. Though a lot of about me is inhabited by finnish mindset, hahah.

Finnish are funny BTW because I got Rhythm Thief which was good as new in lower prize because someone bought it thinking it was for DS-console. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Boo 7AM Direct. Literally everywhere else gets in later. Except like, Hawaii. :glare:

This is old (two whole days :p) and fake. If you read the whole article it says this information was originally leaked in 2012, or very early January, which makes it obviously garbage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well don't they plan the roster in the very beginning?
Yeah, but this guy is claiming to know specific information regarding the schedule Nintendo will be adhering to at E3, like when the Directs will be taking place and what will be shown at each Direct. And he knew this in 2012. And this website has apparently been sitting on this information for half a year. That's what throws everything in this article out the window.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@FalKoopa
Unless I missed something, the information was leaked prior to the Direct in January 2013, not 2012.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If you read the whole article it says this information was originally leaked in 2012, or very early January, which makes it obviously garbage.
Well, what a good way for the writer of that article to throw out all of his credibility.

I didn't propose the transformation idea, the "leak" did.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm really not into rumors because you know how things turn out, like things getting outta hand or something like that. At least Palutena's still a popular choice and common sight within rumors, so it's possible she may be in, and that's just what I'm waiting for. However, we'll leave it to the trailer that will be coming soon to give us the info we need.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems that the Pokemon X and Y versions will be involved, following the next Nintendo Direct. Maybe it'll give us a better idea on how Mewtwo's Awakened Forme will work out.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Here's some tunes to help us get pumped up for the Nintendo Direct on the 11th.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I usually don't like random memes and stuff like that, but for that vid, I shall make a great exception. <3

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, a Dark Pit trailer reveal now would be like a Wolf reveal pre-Brawl. It -could- happen, and the characters are/were plausible enough, but they don't lend themselves to big bombastic reveals (and Wolf was far more popular to begin with).

Also, while on the subject of Dark Pit, I really don't like the reasoning that Dark Pit could inherit new Uprising weapons, since it's the same moveset-preserving mentality that has given us Captain Ganondorf two games in a row. Pit's standard attacks aren't that special, nor is his Side Special, and since he'll likely get a new Final Smash anyways to replace Palutena's Army, there's no need to handle the rest of his moveset as though it is a sacred treasure (see what I did there?).

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
couple things:

- There is no such thing as difficult in any Zelda game ever.
- Goku will not be in any Smash game ever except those stupid fan ones.
- Try to stick to characters that wouldn't be toxic to the game that only casual weeaboos would care about. Starfy wouldn't fit in a Smash game because this isn't Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.
- I would personally blow my load over some Golden Sun features. Isaac would make a nice Ike/Roy replacement. Ivan would be cool for a speedy character I guess.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
- There is no such thing as difficult in any Zelda game ever.

- Goku will not be in any Smash game ever except those stupid fan ones.
- I would personally blow my load over some Golden Sun features. Isaac would make a nice Ike/Roy replacement. Ivan would be cool for a speedy character I guess.
Agreed on both, except Isaac being a replacement for any character. No character would function like him, and he shouldn't function like an existing character. Plus Ike doesn't need to be replaced.

- Try to stick to characters that wouldn't be toxic to the game that only casual weeaboos would care about. Starfy wouldn't fit in a Smash game because this isn't Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.
Yeah because that sure stopped characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff right?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was kind of hoping they would do it earlier. Oh well.

Don't believe any rumors, BTW. Brawl had no leaks before it's E3 reveal. The roster wasn't leaked until a month or two before the game came out in Japan. People are just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wait a minute guys. I uh... found something. It really looks like legit box art:

:troll:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Another rumor floating around, it was posted on gonintnedo
of course it should be taken with a grain of salt like all the rest (especially with 4chan behind it), but this one sounds a tad more plausible than the prevous one (aside from random tharja).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, Calamity, naaaaah.

That's actually the only thing that makes me doubt about this (except the fact that well, it's "leaked" information!!1!!!!1111!!!1)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't like it either. For one, I find it hard to believe bout Pac-man. Sonic was only in Brawl because of so much fan demand (and he shouldn't come back or so I think), and idk the other new characters besides Palutena, and Mewtwo. Like I said, no need for rumors when a trailer is just around the corner.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Probably should be suspicious when it said Tharja is going to be playable. Oh, and same for Pac-Man.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman

My body is ready for the Wii U's dominance that will be Smash Brothers.

I don't think we will be seeing too many 3rd Party characters, but I am excited to see what characters we do get!

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Another rumor floating around, it was posted on gonintnedo
of course it should be taken with a grain of salt like all the rest (especially with 4chan behind it), but this one sounds a tad more plausible than the prevous one (aside from random tharja).

I like this rumor..It is more realistic than the other rumor's. Mewtwo could be considered as a newcomer cause of his X/Y form.

Is gonintendo not very trust worthy tho? :confused:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like this rumor..It is more realistic than the other rumor's. Mewtwo could be considered as a newcomer cause of his X/Y form.

Is gonintendo not very trust worthy tho? :confused:
Other than Tharja and having 23 characters in the trailer... yeah, realistic. :smirk:

GoNintendo just reports on other stories, they don't usually post original rumors or anything. Anyway, this came from 4chan, so judge for yourself. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom