• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I've had this before. Can't give a solid answer but I suggest continuing blowing on it, toothpicking it, and try to shake it out (all WITHOUT severe force).

Maybe also try those compressed air sprays used on computers.
Alright. I'll try that right now thanks!

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
I've only just completed chapter 2 of Layton VS Wright but it really feels like a Layton game with Wright as a guest star, which doesn't gel with me since I've never played a Layton game.

Hopefully it changes, but disregarding the prologue, the first Layton chapter gives Wright and Maya nothing to do besides occasionally play comic relief, while in the first Wright chapter Layton stands right next to him coaching him through his job and acting incredibly smug about it.

I heard Shu Takumi worked on this but the US localization is really inconsistent with Wright's character in huge ways. His sidekick is a spirit medium but he can't fathom the supernatural being real, he freaks out about having only two weeks to gather evidence for a case when in his own series he's given at the most 24 hours before he has to appear in court...and it's pretty much all so Layton can be portrayed as level headed and rational by contrast. I've read that Layton was designed to be like Wright, but without flaws...which is a really awful character design strategy, and it's pretty glaring when you put the two (literally) next to each other.

And despite the neutral setting the tone and the incidental characters feel more in line with what I know of Layton than anything in AA.

I was really excited for this but it's probably getting shelved permanently if playing it on my commute isn't enough to beat it before Smash comes out.

(I like the prosecutor so far though, if only because he seems like a more focused version of Blackquill's "What's left on the cutting room floor?" design. An English samurai with a pet bird who is in prison for murder wat.)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, other than Smash, I was thinking I should get Azure Striker Gunvolt and Shovel Knight. I really want to play those. But I might have to wait a bit, there's always X-mas and stuff.

I'm thinking I should buy one of the Mega Man games on E-Shop as well. Maybe get Omega Ruby and DKC some point down the line too.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
DKC or DKCR? DKCR...I would not recommend, but if you're committed to trying it there's probably still someone trying to barter their free download code for a Coke or something.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'd advise having DKCR on the Wii instead. If you don't mind 30fps on the 3DS version, then the game's for you.

I highly recommend shovel knight as it is a very good platformer. Gunvolt is pretty similar to the Mega Man Z/ZX series.

Keefer

Smash Cadet
I was watching unboxing videos of the "NEW" 3DS and I noticed something. I saw a flipnote hatena icon and if anybody is familiar with it then they would know that they are making a 3d version of it. Once I saw this I scoured the internet to find any kind of additional information on it and didnt see even a grain of sand that goes into detail about why it's there. Maybe somebody else can help me figure out what it is.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's pretty much the same ol' Flipnote Studio 3D. It was released in japan on July 2013, but not in NA. Friends Service was permanently disabled, alongside SwapNote (Nintendo Letter Box) for security reasons. However, World Service is still running. Not much is known in NA because of the lack of interest after being past due for so many months. The release date is still TBD in here and EU.

Website | Wiki

Keefer

Smash Cadet
It's pretty much the same ol' Flipnote Studio 3D. It was released in japan on July 2013, but not in NA. Friends Service was permanently disabled, alongside SwapNote (Nintendo Letter Box) for security reasons. However, World Service is still running. Not much is known in NA because of the lack of interest after being past due for so many months. The release date is still TBD in here and EU.

Website | Wiki
Thank you :3

Last edited:

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Gonna tier my 3DS games here.

S:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

A:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

B:

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Kirby Triple Deluxe

C:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Resident Evil: Revelations
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Bravely Default

D:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater
Shinobi
Yoshi's New Island

Have yet to finish:

Pokemon X
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Mighty Gunvolt
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Etrian Odyssey Untold

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nintendo Servers will be completely down for maintenance starting today until the 23rd, so no online play for us!

I was incorrect; It will be down for maintenance (until the 23rd) every day at:

6PM to 4AM PDT
7PM to 5AM MST
8PM to 6AM CDT
9PM to 7AM EST

Nintendo eShop will be down at the 20th from:

1PM to 5PM PDT
2PM to 6PM MST
3PM to 7PM CDT
4PM to 8PM EST

Pokemon Servers will be down at the 20th from:

5PM to 7PM PDT
6PM to 8PM MST
7PM to 9PM CDT
8PM to 10PM EST

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Is there a reason Nintendo has yet to put GBA games on the 3DS's virtual console? There happen to be a lot of GBA games I missed out on when I was a kid that I would love to try now. Drill Dozer, Metroid Fusion, and Mother 3 are a few.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is there a reason Nintendo has yet to put GBA games on the 3DS's virtual console? There happen to be a lot of GBA games I missed out on when I was a kid that I would love to try now. Drill Dozer, Metroid Fusion, and Mother 3 are a few.
Nintendo wants 100 percent perfect emulation, which the 3DS might not be able to do. They have the ambassador games that had GBA games, but those are a bit different and seem to be ported individually iirc.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ So who's ready for Shantae Pirate's Curse this Thrusday? I have high hopes because the past two games were great, hope this one is much longer in gameplay time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
☯ So who's ready for Shantae Pirate's Curse this Thrusday? I have high hopes because the past two games were great, hope this one is much longer in gameplay time.
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I've been waiting soooo long for this bad boy (or should I say bad girl, lol). My eShop balance and SD card are ready baybee!

HarmakPaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
harmak
Who has played the game Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure? I finished it recently and I can't stop playing it. A lot of the challenges are great and so is the music. Hard mode gets aggravating sometimes (especially the missions where you have to time hitting A/B to jump) but it's fun overall.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Rhythm Thief is a great game that unfortunately was overlooked. And I only played the demo (at the time, I couldn't buy it). I might check it out in its entirety when it goes on sale on eShop.

Anyhow, anyone checking out Fantasy Life? It was one of my most wanted games for years and to finally be able to play it I'm really loving it.

Chose the life of a miner for now :)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm glad I worked more hours this past week enough to get an extra game. It is taking me away from Smash Bros which is crazy haha.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
So these are all my 3DS games...

As well as on the system itself:
-Senran Kagura Burst
-Shovel Knight
-Mighty Switch Force!
-Mighty Switch Force! 2
-Liberation Maiden

And of those, I still have to beat Liberation Maiden, Mighty Switch Force 2, Bravely Default, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and, Ocarina of Time 3D and Etrian Odyssey Untold.

Still got plans to eventually buy Kid Icarus Uprising and Star Fox 64 3D, also Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This 2D fighter is shaping up well (full disclosure: I did a bit of pre-alpha testing, it's really nice!). 3DS stretch goal would be really hype, the controls are second only to divekick in terms of accessibility so I feel like it could be a legit handheld fighter. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...t-rumble-new-2d-fighting-game-for-pc-and-hand
I remember hearing about this one, and mostly good things about it. Heard that it improved a lot so that's a good sign.

Might have to keep my eye out for this one.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm thinking of getting a 2DS for my birthday (probably won't get it for Christmas due to other somewhat expensive things) so I can play Smash better and I don't have to worry about breaking the top screen . If anyone has a 2DS could you please answer a few questions for me?

1. Does the 2DS have slower loading times than the 3DS?
2. Has anyone ever had any problems with the 2DS (games crashing, not loading, etc.)?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The 2D should perform exactly the same as the 3DS, minus the 3D. If there were ever such problems, it should be contacted by nintendo immediately.

Last edited:

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
So if anyone is a fan of WayForward and their games, like Shantae or Mighty Switch Force, make sure to tweet or email Nintendo asking for 3DS themes of those games. WayForward told me that if we ask Nintendo, they may do it. I certainly want them to!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So the New 3DS doesn't come with a charger. And the US is only getting the New 3DS XL, and no plans for the New 3DS are being made by the looks of it. Anyone's thoughts on this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the New 3DS doesn't come with a charger.
Would it really cost Nintendo that much more to include it with the New 3DS? I'm sure those who don't own a DSi or any previous 3DS model would appreciate the convenience. If I decide to trade my current 3DS in for a New 3DS XL, then I'll remind myself to not bring my charger.
And the US is only getting the New 3DS XL, and no plans for the New 3DS are being made by the looks of it.
I guess the "old" 3DS XL was more popular than the smaller original 3DS, but not everyone's hands are big (mine are, but still).

Spirst

IIRC, special edition 3DS/XL bundles already practiced this. My M&L "Year of Luigi" 3DS XL came with no charger.

Good thing I already had a spare.
Huh, really? That's odd. I have the same one and that came with a charger.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Japan has been doing the no charger thing for a long time now. And Europe has had the same deal going on for them. But considerng that the charger is only $10.

I also heard word of how you switch out SD cards in the New 3DS XL: you have to unscrew the back to swap the cards. Da **** Nintendo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So the New 3DS doesn't come with a charger. And the US is only getting the New 3DS XL, and no plans for the New 3DS are being made by the looks of it. Anyone's thoughts on this?
I'm disappointed that we aren't getting the small one. I love the white one with the super famicom buttons, and I love the face plates. I would've settled for the XL if I could get my hands on the Majora's Mask one, but it's sold out. I already have a 3DS, but as of now, I'm not buying a New 3DS for just a black/red XL.

Also yeah, no idea why they made it so you had to get a screw driver to change the SD card lol

Luckily it's not a specific one I hear, but still. A little frustrating.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm disappointed that we aren't getting the small one. I love the white one with the super famicom buttons, and I love the face plates. I would've settled for the XL if I could get my hands on the Majora's Mask one, but it's sold out. I already have a 3DS, but as of now, I'm not buying a New 3DS for just a black/red XL.

Also yeah, no idea why they made it so you had to get a screw driver to change the SD card lol

Luckily it's not a specific one I hear, but still. A little frustrating.
Yeah, I managed to get my hands on the Monster Hunter 4 New 3DS. No way am I gonna have a fugly looking XL. =P

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Has anyone been paying attention to the "Legend of Legacy"? The game appears to have been developed by a fairly experienced team (I can't cite names at the moment, but you can check on it), and it looks great. The artistic direction gives off a Bravely Default vibe to me, which I don't mind, the combat is turn-based with the encountering being real-time, the music seems pleasant, etc. I'm not sure if any localization plans are being made, but I'd give it a day one purchase from what I've seen so far. Give it a look if you've any interest.

Edit: Also, I had gotten my hands on a N3DS (Majora's Mask edition) on the day of its announcement. . . Pretty excited about that, considering I still only own the O.G. 3DS at the moment.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Just a friendly reminder, but Club Nintendo is going to be shutting down, so be sure to register all your games now in case you were saving some for platinum for next year.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Where can I get my hands on a copy of Kid Icarus? That game looks hella fun, but I don't want to pay $50 for it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Where can I get my hands on a copy of Kid Icarus? That game looks hella fun, but I don't want to pay $50 for it.
3DS games aren't normally $50 ($40 actually). Try buying it used like GameStop if you're worried about price.

Alternately, starting today it's on sale digitally via Nintendo eShop for $24.49 if that helps.

And yes, it's definitely "hella fun".

Chinaux

Smash Ace
3DS games aren't normally $50 ($40 actually). Try buying it used like GameStop if you're worried about price.

Alternately, starting today it's on sale digitally via Nintendo eShop for $24.49 if that helps.

And yes, it's definitely "hella fun".
Doesn't it come with the circle pad? That's the one I'm trying to get my hands on. Unless it's not necessary for the game.

Top Bottom