• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Doesn't it come with the circle pad? That's the one I'm trying to get my hands on. Unless it's not necessary for the game.
it doesn't, and it's only there as extra control option for left handed people. otherwise you use the face buttons as directions.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Doesn't it come with the circle pad? That's the one I'm trying to get my hands on. Unless it's not necessary for the game.
You mean the Circle Pad Pro? No it does not.

And the only use of the Circle Pad Pro on that game is to make playing the game more comfortable for left-handed gamers. It's not a dual stick game as one might think.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Circle Pad Pro was used by left handed gamers such as myself. If you are talking about the 3DS stand that came with the game, then it might be a bit tricky getting your hand on that then.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Flipnote Studio 3d is available today free for Club Nintendo Members
Thanks for the heads up.

So, this is my first impressions of the New 3DS XL. The C-Stick is alward. It is uncomfortable, and I don't like how it feels to "move" it. L and R buttons got smaller to make room for the ZL and ZR buttons. The face buttons feel nicer though. I still play games with the 3D off. Although I do like how the 3D head tracking works, and makes 3D a much smoother experience, for some reason, I find that it is more blurry than before. Maybe it is just me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Those who own the Monster Hunter New 3DS XL, is the outside gloss or matte?

ScotteyF1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scotty91
3DS FC
1676-4972-3420
Apologies if i'm putting this in the wrong section, I couldn't find a thread or area for this.

I am wanting to transfer my micro sd card data onto a 32gb card. I know how to change the cards, that isn't the problem. I just don't understand how the data transfer works, am i'm going to avoid losing all my current 4gb micro sd data.

Help appreciated

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Apologies if i'm putting this in the wrong section, I couldn't find a thread or area for this.

I am wanting to transfer my micro sd card data onto a 32gb card. I know how to change the cards, that isn't the problem. I just don't understand how the data transfer works, am i'm going to avoid losing all my current 4gb micro sd data.

Help appreciated
I've never done it myself, but hopefully this link helps you out?
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...ansfer-data-between-sd-cards-or-microsd-cards

finalark

SNORLAX
New trailer for the new Fire Emblem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CCxVMltQY

We know that the avatar will be coming back, and this time s/he'll unambiguously be this game's protagonist. As stated in the trailer, you'll be in the middle of a war and will have to choose sides. Unfortunately, it looks it will be your typical video game "moral choice" system where one side is pretty clearly defined as the good guys while the other is obviously evil. I'm hoping Nintendo surprises us with some genuine moral ambiguity.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I have an inquiry on 3DS system transfers without the actual system. I know what will and won't be transferred, the question is can it be done without the serial number on the box? My 3DS is missing and if I can't find it after a thorough search in my house, I'll have to get a new one. Thing is I sent a support ticket to Nintendo and they gave an automated response since ticket volume was high. I'm also super busy to be able to call the hotline.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I have an inquiry on 3DS system transfers without the actual system. I know what will and won't be transferred, the question is can it be done without the serial number on the box? My 3DS is missing and if I can't find it after a thorough search in my house, I'll have to get a new one. Thing is I sent a support ticket to Nintendo and they gave an automated response since ticket volume was high. I'm also super busy to be able to call the hotline.
I'm pretty sure that you can't do a system transfer at all without the actual system. You need both present in order to do it.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
A couple questions for you all: Has Xenoblade Chronicles 3D been tested and proven that it has too much data for the original 3DS? Also to anyone else who bought Xenoblade 3D the weekend it was released: what did v1.1 update?

JNOON

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is relevant here, but I have a question.

I used to have a 3DS XL and about 4-8 games, including SSB4. I sold it a while ago (I think it was because I was broke), but now I sort of regret it because I want to play again. In the meantime I have just been playing Brawl by myself, but eh.

I move overseas next year (from Australia to Spain), so even if I'd like a Wii U it's really not viable. So I'm wondering if I should suppress my feelings, or buy everything again?

Sorry. Let me get to the point. The real question is this: New 3DS XL or the regular 3DS XL? Does the C-stick improve play?

I will probably only use it for SSB4... I don't have any desire for other games right now. However, Australian internet is also bad, so perhaps the improved WiFi functionality might help it? One of the biggest pet peeves I have for the device is its design. The positioning of the cartridge thingy is absolutely hideous. If I'm buying new the prices will be quite similar, sigh.

This was longer than need be. Sorry.

D

Deleted member

Sorry. Let me get to the point. The real question is this: New 3DS XL or the regular 3DS XL? Does the C-stick improve play?

I will probably only use it for SSB4... I don't have any desire for other games right now. However, Australian internet is also bad, so perhaps the improved WiFi functionality might help it? One of the biggest pet peeves I have for the device is its design. The positioning of the cartridge thingy is absolutely hideous. If I'm buying new the prices will be quite similar, sigh.
I would say go for the newer model. Sure, the cartridge slot and stylus holder placements are awkward at first, but in the end, you get used to it. It's faster, so you don't have to wait long for Smash Bros. to load, and doesn't reboot the whole operating system every time you close the game, compared to the old XL system (bless the quad-core processor and increased RAM).

I'm not good at explaining things, but yes, the C-Stick works and does it job quite well. Doesn't actually move like the Circle Pad.. it kind of feels like those TrackPoints you see on ThinkPads, but it's pretty good overall. I would say it does improve gameplay because you don't have to waste your time doing Smash Attacks or SHFFs with the Circle Pad, for example.

JNOON

Smash Rookie
I would say go for the newer model. Sure, the cartridge slot and stylus holder placements are awkward at first, but in the end, you get used to it. It's faster, so you don't have to wait long for Smash Bros. to load, and doesn't reboot the whole operating system every time you close the game, compared to the old XL system (bless the quad-core processor and increased RAM).

I'm not good at explaining things, but yes, the C-Stick works and does it job quite well. Doesn't actually move like the Circle Pad.. it kind of feels like those TrackPoints you see on ThinkPads, but it's pretty good overall. I would say it does improve gameplay because you don't have to waste your time doing Smash Attacks or SHFFs with the Circle Pad, for example.
That's what I was thinking... and I think I will just have to suck it up (regarding the design). I think I will go for it within the next few weeks. Thanks for the reply.

:)

D

Deleted member

That's what I was thinking... and I think I will just have to suck it up (regarding the design). I think I will go for it within the next few weeks. Thanks for the reply.

:)
You're welcome, glad to help. I wasn't thrilled with the cartridge and stylus slot placements either, say, back when the system was announced last year, but as soon as I got it I didn't really mind them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I keep losing my stylus on the new 3ds demmit. Who thought this was a good idea? o_O

But yep, after buying pokemon oras and smash, I was pretty disappointed with those games, so I decided to buy Majora's Mask. My best game so far, it's great. I tend to think that those new 3ds games are pretty cheap in quality, and aimed toward a younger public; I mean, they doesn't offer any challenge at all, Oras was so easy I cried.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I keep losing my stylus on the new 3ds demmit. Who thought this was a good idea? o_O

But yep, after buying pokemon oras and smash, I was pretty disappointed with those games, so I decided to buy Majora's Mask. My best game so far, it's great. I tend to think that those new 3ds games are pretty cheap in quality, and aimed toward a younger public; I mean, they doesn't offer any challenge at all, Oras was so easy I cried.
If you want a challenge, definitely try the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Probably the most difficult game in the series.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
If you want a challenge, definitely try the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Probably the most difficult game in the series.
I bought it and it's pretty bad. :/

Here's a few complaints I made on another website:
-The graphics are too saturated, I can't see anything
-The mini-map is pretty rubbish, I doesn't compensate for the graphics
-Your partner is a Naruto copy
-japanese school anime cliché (And I hate anime)
-controls are rubbish
-They still kept the dem 5 damage cap on the neutral attack (A)
-You start with too many moves (I mean, my Charmander tried to learn Ember, but it wasn't worth it because I had a better fire type move)
-The menu is confusing
-The sprites are not really great either, but it's better than the Charizard sprite in Blue/Red lol. Still not good
-I keep forgetting to press B when I back up, pushing my partner around, and it drains my belly. They could have reversed it, like press b to push.

And dude, just stack those oran berries and bring them everywhere, you'll fly through the game. They kinda changed the gameplay regarding the "difficulty" I'd say... in Rescue/Explorers, you could deal tons of damage, easily 2 hit ko any pokemon, but while you were powerful, you could get anihilated easily too. In this new one... well... I guess they kinda wanted to make it more like those main pokemon games battles or something. It takes ages to kill anything, same thing for them, and your moves keep missing. It's just so annoying, I want to reach the stairs geez. Also, pokemons seems to be less common to compensate. But well, just rack up on oran berries and you're fine, easy as that.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I can't seem to decide whether or not I should get another 3DS. I can easily agree that it's definitely a good system with an amazing variety of entertaining games to play from, but is a third of the same console really worth it? I've had two previous ones in the past and they both broke at some point. I'm starting to think that I'm not so good with managing my handhelds...
Anyway, if I shouldn't buy yet another 3DS, then should I instead wait to buy Nintendo's next portable console? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I don't know man, if you keep breaking it, I guess it's worth investing for a good protective case. How does it break anyway? And yep, they aren't Gameboy Advance SP quality, I'm conscient that mine is going to break too - the thumbpad is already slack and the upper screen doesn't do that "click" sound when I flick the screen anymore.

Try to keep this 3DS as long as you can and get the next one. Or get that 2DS, I doubt the screen will break.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't know man, if you keep breaking it, I guess it's worth investing for a good protective case. How does it break anyway? And yep, they aren't Gameboy Advance SP quality, I'm conscient that mine is going to break too - the thumbpad is already slack and the upper screen doesn't do that "click" sound when I flick the screen anymore.

Try to keep this 3DS as long as you can and get the next one. Or get that 2DS, I doubt the screen will break.
They're mostly upper screen cracks here and there, which causes my anger to get the best of me and throw it in the trash. And by cracks I mean, well... I don't know how to word this perfectly, but they're those sort of cracks that obscure the screen, if that helps at all. I'm fairly certain that used 3DSes are somewhat cheap nowadays, so I might be able to purchase one with the money I've been saving up for some sort of occasion.
And the funny thing is, one of the 3DSes I had was actually a 2DS. My hand or palm was the one that cracked the screen, ahaha...

D

Deleted member

Indeed. I'm not a huge fan of the placement. And while I did end up getting used to it, I seldom use the stylus on my system.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm seriously considering getting a New 3DS and selling my old 3DS, but I'm wondering if I should get one soon or wait a bit longer.

I much rather prefer the standard DS models instead of the XL models, but the only one on the market in NA is the Animal Crossing bundle, which I would be fine with if it didn't have a digital version of the game. So, that alone kinda kills it for me, and even though it's not a big deal at all, I don't think they're going to be selling any of those faceplates anytime soon.
I'm only bringing up the faceplates because with those I wouldn't have to worry about the special editions they come out with. I missed out on the Zelda editions for both the original 3DS and the Wii U, I don't want a standard version of this thing either.

But for the most part, it's mainly about the size of the system. Would I like the XL even though I've only ever used the standard sized models? Also, the DS case I use to store the system is this:

Would the XL fit in this?

Just one more question:
Does it come with a charging cradle or is that exclusive to the standard model?

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
To all project x zone 2 and Fates owners, how are the two games and do they live up to their hype?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Some kind of plastic film started cracking and peeling off the cover of my 3DS. I have no idea how it happened, as it was sitting on my desk.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So it's been a while, and I ended up getting a New Nintendo 3DS XL. This was a long time ago, probably as long back as March 11th.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Any good obscure game recommendations on the 3DS? I'm a sucker for those.
Have you tried Azure Striker Gunvolt? Not sure if you can call it super obscure, but it's a Mega Man X styled game with its own gimmicks. Haven't played it myself, but people seem to like it.

Top Bottom