• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Sheik

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
is d1 a beginner at snake? lol

kinda good sheik

i'd give commentary but i dohttp://www.smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5784215nt wanna hurt ur feelings : )

jk heres some constructive criticism

- ur sheik doesnt really "flow" well which kinda shows you're new to her, so it seems like sometimes you're not really making the right decisions. i see soooo many opportunities where u could've gotten a hit but u didnt
- recover with up-b only when its really necessary, use chain its better
- jab/ftilt/utilt need a lot more of those to solidify ur close range game
- needle camping is too good keep it up
- i kno u dont main her lol so its all good, kinda decent for a start
http://www.smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5784215

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hope you don't mind if I jack a few things I noticed from your sheik.

I was really hoping to see a few recent sheik videos from you ninjalink ;3

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
is d1 a beginner at snake? lol

kinda good sheik

i'd give commentary but i dohttp://www.smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5784215nt wanna hurt ur feelings : )

jk heres some constructive criticism

- ur sheik doesnt really "flow" well which kinda shows you're new to her, so it seems like sometimes you're not really making the right decisions. i see soooo many opportunities where u could've gotten a hit but u didnt
- recover with up-b only when its really necessary, use chain its better
- jab/ftilt/utilt need a lot more of those to solidify ur close range game
- needle camping is too good keep it up
- i kno u dont main her lol so its all good, kinda decent for a start
http://www.smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5784215
But im not new to her T_T. Its the fact that hes spamming ftilts so im waiting for him to do it to punish. 1 mistake i kept making was dsmashing against his shield.

Did u watch all 3 vids? ^_^

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I rather not be told who to main. Nothin against u but its kinda direspect to do so...........and i hear it enough.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You were decent I guess...........at least your style is kinda unique.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Pretty good Sheik :) good combos. Lol at Snake SD with the missile at the end of the round. (I think either end of round 1 or 3 i dont remember, too lazy to check lol )

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Yea amazingly enough, D1's Snake fails....

You definitely have the needle skill. Overall I'm gonna agree with chok on this one. Just missing that flow, and had plenty of wrong decisions throughout the vids.

On Lylat, your ftilt spacing and timing seemed much better though, and good use of those jabs.

Overall a good non-main Sheik actually. Not to mention I played against it >_>. Yea, my ZSS isn't that good lol

PS: Headbut under Lylat edge sucks. Very much.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Sorry, didn't realise it was offensive. Though one thing I would love to see is your Shiek/Zelda combination sometime, seeing as you have a decent Shiek and a great Zelda.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you do an excelent job with sheik if you can get momentum, but you seem to strugle the second you lose it. I know that seems a redundant thing to say, But I think it seems especially true. Your sheik is *****in when you are in control, but when you aren't you seem to really suffer.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I have ehard of you and seen your vids, good job for being good with so many characters.

but meh, I think your sheik could use some work, please take this as criticism and not an insult

for example, you should approach with a bair, at least against snake. even though sheik outcamps snake, the snakedash thing is kind of annoying. if you are afraid of being sheild grabbed, space the bair so you don't. you may be ftilted or utilted, but you can usually bait one of those, then punish accordingly.

i know that sounds sort of gimmicky, but try it. rar'd bair, soft hit or sweet spot to ftilts, to a utilt

also, against snake, you should be very aggressive in the air. the only aerial that snake has that is really dangerous is his bair, but as long as you stay in front or below him, it is no threat. go crazy with your uair (good range) and you can even get a uair > second jump > another uair. when snake is using cypher offstage and you are at the edge, it is basically a stock right there. just be aggressive, go down and fair him, he can't do ****. you can even do bair if your fair is too stale (if its too stale it doesnt get him out of cypher). don't be afraid to fair him a million times, it is a very good move because of its trajectory

you use the needles well, but you should charge them more, and stop wasting full storms in the air lol. i usually only use air needles to screw up some of my friend's recoveries (like peach).

anyway good stuff, knowing how good you are at other characters, sheik shouldn't be too hard.
snake is a very fun matchup to play imo. you can be very aggressive, but also have to be careful at the same time, since snake can kill you underneath 100 EZ. utilt is sex, use it more, it is your "all purpose" move on the ground.

dthrow is good, you can follow up against snake with a uair or a bair. if he airdodges sheik can punish him easily.

Top Bottom