• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Pit

sagemoon

Smash Lord
You do that. Mk is harder than snake, snakes are good vs pit at low levels, but as soon as you learn how to get away from shield f-tilt, the matchup is easier.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Idk. I find MK much easier. I mean you can gimp 3/4 of MKs recoveries. And 2 of them are easy to set up. Plus Pit's smashes actually kill at decent damage. All you have to do is play defensive and know the matchup.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Idk. I find MK much easier. I mean you can gimp 3/4 of MKs recoveries. And 2 of them are easy to set up. Plus Pit's smashes actually kill at decent damage. All you have to do is play defensive and know the matchup.
Yea but if they know this they'll never do it. I kno MK better than anyone. I kno the matchup

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Even if they don't do it, the fact that your capable of gimping a couple of his recoveries limits MKs options, making him easier to edgeguard. Now they're left with Dimensional Cape, which few MKs actually use, and Shuttle Loop, which can be airdodged or daired with good timing. At higher damages, Pit's dair can be considered a kill move.

I know the matchup too.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Even if they don't do it, the fact that your capable of gimping a couple of his recoveries limits MKs options, making him easier to edgeguard. Now they're left with Dimensional Cape, which few MKs actually use, and Shuttle Loop, which can be airdodged or daired with good timing. At higher damages, Pit's dair can be considered a kill move.

I know the matchup too.
U beat any notable MKs? Is ur win ratio against MK in the positive? ^_^

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I've beaten D4ba and Infinity in brackets, there are plenty of others but you asked for the notable ones. The only MK I've lost to in a tournament bracket is Dojo, the best MK in Texas. And even that went to the last stock high damage up to the last game. So yes, my win ratio is positive. ^_^

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
In the Midwest dude...... and you've played average metaknights, Until you see people counterpick you with Metaknight when they don't even main him than you'll see what we mean. Mk, is like a faster, stronger, gimping, outreaching, more destructive version of Pit.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I've beaten D4ba and Infinity in brackets, there are plenty of others but you asked for the notable ones. The only MK I've lost to in a tournament bracket is Dojo, the best MK in Texas. And even that went to the last stock high damage up to the last game. So yes, my win ratio is positive. ^_^
<waves hi>

You coming down for Final Smash 5 dude?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
3/7, theres also jumping, falling, gliding (canceled). Metaknight has 5 jumps, and very rarely will he have to recover with his special.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I'm not even sure when it is. But I'll look it up and talk to the other guys about it. Hopefully we'll be able to make it. We love the Texas guys man!

And Rogue I never said it was in Pit's favor. I'm pointing out that it's not near as impossible as you guys make it seem to be. It's not that hard to avoid getting gimped by MK. If you get him in the air, you actually have an advantage bc of his poor aerial mobility.

And if you're losing to ppl that don't even main him, than that's saying more about you than MK. I've had that happen plenty of times in tournaments, but I don't lose to those MKs bc they don't know wth they're doing. Plus it's not like MK is going anywhere, so you might as well get used to the matchup.

Tho I'll admit team dbl meta is gay *looks at Infinity* lol

EDIT
Sagemoon - Like I said to NL, the fact that you can Mirror Shield some of his recoveries limits his options. Even if you can't get the mirror shield off, just having it eliminates the option of recovering from a long distance with Drill Rush or doing ledge hop Tornado, which is really gay.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Ky the way your posting makes it seem like you have lack of experience.

1.) I know the match-up the example of people pickin mk when they don't main him is saying there are so many of them and it's sad how vastly he's used. Since so many people use him and spam in tourney, Mach tornado, Shuttle Loop and Dsmash, there isn't that much Pit can do against an experienced metaknight.

2.) You said they don't know what the hell they're doing, Exactly you haven't played good ones to see the annoyance of Metaknight. Play M2k in tourney and you'll realize how blissfully unaware you were to what you can do against metaknight.

Airdodging doesn't work, and spamming arrows surely do not work. I'm not saying the match-up is impossible, I've beaten a lot of metaknights and you get that good feeling like you just beat a Mk user. But you are almost always at a disadvantage during the game, your more like to be gimped, and Mirror shielding only works if they're are dumb enough to fall for it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea i remember Rogue fighting m2k that day. Ugh. He doesnt get that the midwest doesnt even have that many MKs compared to here also the comp is much higher here. If i'm the only person to beat m2k besides azen, u think i kno the matchup. im like 33-2 against MKs. I think i'll kno the matchup better. I'll post some when i could.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
hmmmm......its MK....
lol it's that attitude that prevents ppl from getting better at it.

I never said Pit had an advantage in the matchup. You guys are absolutely right in that aspect. When I mentioned the Mirror Shield, my point was that it limits MKs options. I know you'll never get it off on someone that's actually good. Just having the move makes it easier to punish MK as he recovers bc it's easier to predict was my point.

And Pit actually has control of the match when MK is above him. Pit loses out in all the other zones, so when zoning him with Pit, that's where you want him to be. Though it is difficult to get him there.

When I said the matchup is easier than ppl make it seem, I think you're assuming I mean the matchup is overall easy. I know you both have got good MK experience (Congrats NL, you owned M2K pretty hard that first game in winner's bracket), and we all know that MK isn't an easy win.

Don't take what I'm saying as discrediting you for losing to MK. I understand it's a hard matchup but I know both you guys are better than to lose to some random guy who counterpicks MK after losing game 1. As for M2K... yea, he's M2K. Idk what to tell you, he'd kick my *** too lol.

Btw Rouge, after MK's dsmash hits your shield, you have time to jab him. Pit's shield is big enough to shield mach tornado. As long as you punish, your shield has time to replenish and you can continue to punish it. As for Shuttle Loop, it's not too hard to predict it. Tho it does surprise you sometimes and at other times there's no getting around it. As for the MKs who don't know what the hell they're doing that I mentioned, I was speaking of those MKs that counterpick him after losing game 1. I didn't mean MKs in general.

Oh and as for Snake being harder than MK.... yeaaaa, I was wrong lol. I've been getting better at the Pit-Snake matchup, so I see why you guys thought I was ******** =P

Sorry so long

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, ive tried against MK, its not impossible, buts its a stupidly ******** match up. And when you go to tourneys and everyone and their mother uses MK, its pretty daunting.

Mirror shield is good if you catch them off guard
Returning to the stage with Uairs' tips are good to defend yourself so you can WoI under the stage
Dtilt is pretty good I think for the ground
M2K said that Pits best move against MK is to smartly spam Fsmash but Ive never really tried it

Thats all I got

KY_Des

Smash Ace
You just press buttons and you win.
haha I wouldn't say that much. Sure as hell feels like it tho. I find it ******** that MK can do 7 uairs in the time it takes Pit to do 1 ftilt. Lol wtf?

Mirror shield is good if you catch them off guard
Returning to the stage with Uairs' tips are good to defend yourself so you can WoI under the stage
Dtilt is pretty good I think for the ground
M2K said that Pits best move against MK is to smartly spam Fsmash but Ive never really tried it
Returning to the stage is annoyin. You have to recover ridiculous high or ridiculous low. As for fsmash, I think he means use it to punish. It's got good start up and deals pretty good damage, so I use it to rack up % on him. And dtilt works ok. It's great if you hit, but the cool down screws you over if you hit his shield. Then again, you're probably already screwed if you hit his shield anyway lol.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
How many Meta Knight's has NinjaLink beaten with Pit lately?

How many has KY beaten with Pit lately? Hmmmmm...

Actually **** both you guys, I know the matchup better.

(and yes I do read the Pit boards once every blue moon, KY -_-; )

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah well, don't put too much thought into it, the vid is about 3 months old.

That's the video, but I'm too tired right now to even give you an estimate of when the actual match was done, so it's not really all that credible anymore.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
How many Meta Knight's has NinjaLink beaten with Pit lately?

How many has KY beaten with Pit lately? Hmmmmm...

Actually **** both you guys, I know the matchup better.

(and yes I do read the Pit boards once every blue moon, KY -_-; )
lol funny seeing you here. So I slept until 5pm today hahaha

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Nlink we should have more dittos when u come back to philly, probably CoT4? We only had one luckily i can boast about winning? But that was in august maybe?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
In the Midwest dude...... and you've played average metaknights.
Most of the big tournaments Kansas has been to have been in Oklahoma and Texas, aka the Southwest.

There are some **** good MKs down there; KY knows what he's talking about.

Ky the way your posting makes it seem like you have lack of experience.
I lol'd

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Most of the big tournaments Kansas has been to have been in Oklahoma and Texas, aka the Southwest.

There are some **** good MKs down there; KY knows what he's talking about.

I lol'd
Affinity dont start, ive played you, nothing exciting and the way he posted and made it seemed like meta was easy did show that. He cleared it all up and debate is done, dont come in here and bring up old stuff.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity dont start, ive played you, nothing exciting
LOL

You played me several months ago, online *shudders*, around the time when I first picked up MK.

Funny you bring that up though, considering your Pit wasn't very good back then either.

Anyway, I don't see how bringing that up has anything to do with what I said.

and the way he posted and made it seemed like meta was easy did show that. He cleared it all up and debate is done, dont come in here and bring up old stuff.
All I noticed was how most people in this discussion weren't giving KY's comments much thought.

KY is considered by many high-level players as being the one of the best (if not the best) Pit in country.

Try to be more open-minded. k?

On subject: Nice vids NL.

*Leaves Pit boards*

sagemoon

Smash Lord
wtf affinity get out of our threads if you're gonna troll.

KY is good, but doesnt mean the pit vs mk matchup is good. It's already been discussed.

Rogue is also considered to be one of the best pits so that argument is null.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
wtf affinity get out of our threads if you're gonna troll.

KY is good, but doesnt mean the pit vs mk matchup is good. It's already been discussed.

Rogue is also considered to be one of the best pits so that argument is null.
Ah, I see. It seems I misunderstood.

Nevermind then :)

Top Bottom