• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Presents: Pingu The Tournament Results

G U R U

Smash Lord
Some quick shoutouts:

Unknown552: We didn't get to play :( You probably woulda ***** me though :laugh: Good **** winning.
KK: Don't get too down on yourself man. It's a game afterall. If you get mad, you'll do worse as a result. Trust me, I speak from experience.
Raynex: It was dope chillin with you. You and David know so much about the game it's crazy @_@ Thanks for the bunch of friendlies too.
IB: We didn't play either. Next time fo sho.
Sanuzi: DK64 is sooooo goooooood. I'm CP'ing that stage more often :p
Nightmare: Thanks again for hosting dude. Basement tournies are always tight.
SummonedFist: Awesome friendlies. Your Falco is beast.
Jagg: Manon is gay.
WorldJem7: Nice talkin to you. Pokemon ftw.
Sauc3: Pick a main already geez :lick:
Jpobs: Your Fox was on-point all day. Keep it up.

unknown522

Some guy
good games everyone

Ryan - way to embarrass me in the rare occasion I made it out of pools. You know I love you >=D
lol. It was intended with love.

so blurry

1. Unknown522 - way to take first, although it clearly belonged to me, fun friendlies and good pool matches, you ***** my *** on brinstar haha
lol, ganon combos. But yeah, brinstar is gay....shine + lava = *shakes head*.

Wow good stuff, Ryan
thanks. Lol, you remembered my name...

Ryan beat David?

I was talking to David yesterday, and he said grand finals never happened. So you guys eventually did play?

Fun tournament, shoutouts later when I'm not on a laptop at school.
We didn't play GFs.

Who does GURU play? I know of him from ygo lol.
fox.

edit: oops.

.Marik

is a social misfit
If you guys didn't play grand finals, why are you ranked as number one and David number two?

What were the payouts though? Just curious.

Because I'm a chronic procrastinator, shoutouts later.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I assume its cuz Ryan went to GF from Winners bracket whereas David had to come from losers.

idea

Smash Master
/agree

well, any vids really.

edit: well not about the splitting. although i don't understand why you guys get so upset about stuff.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think anything was recorded at this.

Don't really feel like shoutouts.

Thanks to people who are telling me to not get so down on myself. I dunno. I have a terrible mental block. I've had it for like over a year so I can't really make excuses at this point. I'm just dumb and Ryan wrecks me for being dumb. Only really logical answer is to stop being so dumb.

Leek

Smash Cadet
I'd like to thank my brother Alan for my failure. He wasn't there to support me. I'm just saying... yeah it's a john.

unknown522

Some guy
good stuff unknown

i hope theres vids of GF

edit: its gay that you all split
canada sux
we're good friends, outside of smash. We didn't intend to not play out GFs, but everyone was leaving (also read below). Anyways, david hates playing me, so it's probably for the best.

/agree

well, any vids really.
no vids. Someone was supposed to record, but they had to leave (sauc3 I think, but I'm not too sure).

JPOBS

Smash Hero
we're good friends, outside of smash. We didn't intend to not play out GFs, but everyone was leaving (also read below). Anyways, david hates playing me, so it's probably for the best.

no vids. Someone was supposed to record, but they had to leave (sauc3 I think, but I'm not too sure).
yeah I had to leave, sorry,

should I change the results to a split?

EDIT: this is sauc3 posting btw.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Winning 3/5 vs winning 6/?? is different. There's way more chances for me to screw up because it's more games. There's also more pressure on me than you because you can drop the first set and still be okay (which has happened before, once) whereas if I drop it, I lose the whole thing and I have to play good for both of them.

I never win when I'm coming from losers.

unknown522

Some guy
Winning 3/5 vs winning 6/?? is different. There's way more chances for me to screw up because it's more games. There's also more pressure on me than you because you can drop the first set and still be okay (which has happened before, once) whereas if I drop it, I lose the whole thing and I have to play good for both of them.

I never win when I'm coming from losers.
hahahahahahahahha!!!!

anyways, if you win 1 set, it's all reset. Besides, a lot of sets are won from the loser's side of GFs. Also, the whole "being warmed up" jazz.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
idk why you're laughing. Is it really so unreasonable to not expect to beat someone I traditionally struggle with in two sets back to back?

edit: I don't beat Bernard when I'm coming from losers in GFs. I don't even take a set from him and I usually do better against him than I do against you. I always lose when I'm coming from the loser's side in GFs.

unknown522

Some guy
what the ****

I'm the best player in the world I 4 stock them both ALL DAI EVERY DAI
I know. Too good.

idk why you're laughing. Is it really so unreasonable to not expect to beat someone I traditionally struggle with in two sets back to back?

edit: I don't beat Bernard when I'm coming from losers in GFs. I don't even take a set from him and I usually do better against him than I do against you. I always lose when I'm coming from the loser's side in GFs.
how often does that come up?

Ministry

Smash Ace
bernard is pretty good at super smash bros. melee for the nintendo gamecube and Nintendo Wii.

idea

Smash Master
This really isn't a good place to be realistic, though. If your expectations going into a match can affect the match itself then you're tampering with the data. (Or in more cliched words, maybe you wouldn't always lose in X circumstances if you weren't so sure you were going to beforehnad)

But even if that weren't true ^ there are few if any advantages of going into a match expecting to lose.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
how often does that come up?
I misunderstand.

Are you asking, "How many times do you take a set from Bernard/me and then lose the next set?"

Or are you asking, "You many times do you lose coming from the loser's side in Grand Finals?"

Or do you mean something else entirely?

@ Kyle: I guess but that's just a problem with my mental block.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I usually don't make it that far because I lose the first one. So it's unlikely I even get to think about winning the whole thing because I don't even win the first set most of the time.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I misworded it. I guess it's a combination of 1 and 2.

How often does facing bernard in LFs even come up. That's what I meant.
Not too often.

That's not really the point, though. I don't do well against you in normal sets and when I'm coming from loser's bracket, I rarely even win a set, regardless of whether it's you or him.

Top Bottom