• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NickRiddle's Apex training! - January 5, 2013

8Bitman

Smash Master
And then the excuses come! XD

It makes more sense to do what I am doing. I don't want to make people feel like they have to come to the SmashFest, and I definitely don't want people being "over-brawled" by playing for hours on end two days in a row.

If CFL came to more SFL tourneys then I would consider traveling more, out of respect. But I don't expect, nor do I want people to have to drive 3+ hours a day for a 1-Day tourney. We never make or really care if CFL travels south to attend our events. But yall are always yelling at us making it seem like we're destroying the smash scene in FL by not attending.

I am holding said SmashFests to liven up OUR scene, and make Brawl a game worth playing and having monthlies for here in SFL.

IDK if you want to travel 3+ hours a day for a 1-day event, but don't say we're separating FL by holding separate events. The distance is what is separating us. I am not making people drive more than they should to have a damn good event.

****ING ***** TIT!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
And then the excuses come! XD

It makes more sense to do what I am doing. I don't want to make people feel like they have to come to the SmashFest, and I definitely don't want people being "over-brawled" by playing for hours on end two days in a row.

If CFL came to more SFL tourneys then I would consider traveling more, out of respect. But I don't expect, nor do I want people to have to drive 3+ hours a day for a 1-Day tourney. We never make or really care if CFL travels south to attend our events. But yall are always yelling at us making it seem like we're destroying the smash scene in FL by not attending.

I am holding said SmashFests to liven up OUR scene, and make Brawl a game worth playing and having monthlies for here in SFL.

IDK if you want to travel 3+ hours a day for a 1-day event, but don't say we're separating FL by holding separate events. The distance is what is separating us. I am not making people drive more than they should to have a damn good event.

****ING ***** TIT!
i know its meant for SFL. im just thinking a smashfest would be easier to manage if its the day before instead of the week before (since its at the same venue)

i'm saying this no matter if there was a tourney 4/20-4/21 or not. Just seems like it would be eaiser back to back
...what the **** are you talking about. Most of your post doesn't address my question at all. Im asking PURELY on a logistics standpoint. The question I asked you could go for any region in any part of the US. If theres only going to be one Friday smashfest, and one tourney Saturday in a month, it seems to make more sense to put them back to back rather than separate weeks. Makes more sense for the TO hosting both, for the players attending both, and the venue itself:

since everything would already be set up from a friday smashfest then tourney day setup would be easier, since its the next day and alot of things can be pre-set/left overnight. This is both easier for the TO and the venue, since the venue doesn't have to have events two different weeks for the same game. They can consolidate to one and have the others completely free to other events (if its a LAN center, they will definitely need more events to stay afloat in this day and age due to the nature of renting computer time in the current videogame landscape). It even opens the door for pre-registration or having those side events the day before and leaving saturday for important stuff

if they are back to back, it gives the people who ARE Coming from out of region more things to do the night before, and more incentive for them to come a day early and try to find housing (by getting good practice the day before the tourney they have to travel to). Also for the players playing, most players would rather want two days of playing their game back to back rather than have it split between two separate weeks, EVEN IF THEY LIVE IN THAT SAME REGION. As a tourney participant you gain more benefits from a smashfest the day before a tourney, rather than a week before.

Also, as far as traveling goes, I'm tired of it. If people can't make a tourney, then they cant make a tourney. If you want CFL to apologize for having more important **** to do overall, while at the same time having less to no cars....then its not gonna happen. At least not from me. If you don't want to come for CFL because we dont come down there, then dont. You guys have less to do overall (while at the same time having more cars..how this happened I have no idea) so clearly you are able to travel more. I'm trying to host a hype tourney, but I'm not gonna call anyone out for killing a scene by not coming to it. If they cant come then they cant come. I want other regions to come to add hype and attendance and overall fun, but if they cant then I understand because not everyone is good enough off to travel for a videogame no matter how much they like it.. And I know mink doesnt call SFL out for "killing the scene" by not coming to his tourneys (he cares even less than I do in that regard)...so im not even sure who you're referring to thats saying that. But if someone cant travel to your region, you dont get butthurt. You either get a ride to their region or dont go and do something else at home. (like awal, building a scene with the whole team on his back doe, since no one wants to travel to tallahassee. He asks us to home for hype, but the tourney will still go on if we dont. He'll still build attendance and get hype and have fun. And when they can, they'll try to travel to test their skills)

orlando FGC Players dont ***** if Tampa or jacksonville doesn't come to their local events. They just go to tampa or jacksonville events when they can, or watch them from home if its streamed.

i dunno 8bitman, when new players like you call out cfl players for traveling, it pisses me off even more than it would normally from an OG player, since you have no idea the traveling that CFL went through the first 2-3 years of this game's existence, and during the melee days, coupled with the fact that you should be wondering why people cant travel instead of calling them out. As far as im concerned, we've taken turns on who travels the most.

I do, however, want to apologize to Justin D. Riddle for this post in his thread, as he really doesn't want to see stuff like this in here, but after that non-logical answer of my post/callout of my region, shots had to be fired

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
suprisingly enough, I don't really hate anyone in SFL. Like CFL, there are some I could not personally hang out with outside of this game, but I have no ill will towards anyone.

However, friends or not, I perform callouts whenever I deem necessary. Cause if you wont listen to your friend calling you out, then theres no hope

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
suprisingly enough, I don't really hate anyone in SFL. Like CFL, there are some I could not personally hang out with outside of this game, but I have no ill will towards anyone.

However, friends or not, I perform callouts whenever I deem necessary. Cause if you wont listen to your friend calling you out, then theres no hope
How could you hate anybody in SFL?
We so cool.
Until the summer. :awesome: :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
How could you hate anybody in SFL?
We so cool.
Until the summer. :awesome: :(
9/10

:diddy:

and Eric, in this particular scenario it doesn't matter who he was talking to. My points of having tourney/smashfest back to back can apply to any region. Although the traveling part can be updated to be directed towards awal instead of CFL TOs, the points themselves are still relevant

AfroQT

Smash Master
I don't care for the argument anymore either GDX but i ****ing love the call out on a newer player complaining about something he wasn't even around for lol.

Sorry 8bitman get bodayyyedddd

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol he shouldn't call out my region stuff that isnt actually happening then (like us *****ing about SFL killing the scene by not coming)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
can we continue the cfl vs sfl arguements. theyre always soooo informative and accurate.

all bout that swfl DAWGWGWGWGWGWGWGWG.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
can we continue the cfl vs sfl arguements. theyre always soooo informative and accurate.

all bout that swfl DAWGWGWGWGWGWGWGWG.
I feel like there should be a condesending Willy wonka pic here

:phone:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Lol i love it when they try to play off a failed argument as a troll attempt. Just shows that they failed at 2 things.

My roommate does that all the time.

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
...what the **** are you talking about. Most of your post doesn't address my question at all. Im asking PURELY on a logistics standpoint. The question I asked you could go for any region in any part of the US. If theres only going to be one Friday smashfest, and one tourney Saturday in a month, it seems to make more sense to put them back to back rather than separate weeks. Makes more sense for the TO hosting both, for the players attending both, and the venue itself:

since everything would already be set up from a friday smashfest then tourney day setup would be easier, since its the next day and alot of things can be pre-set/left overnight. This is both easier for the TO and the venue, since the venue doesn't have to have events two different weeks for the same game. They can consolidate to one and have the others completely free to other events (if its a LAN center, they will definitely need more events to stay afloat in this day and age due to the nature of renting computer time in the current videogame landscape). It even opens the door for pre-registration or having those side events the day before and leaving saturday for important stuff

if they are back to back, it gives the people who ARE Coming from out of region more things to do the night before, and more incentive for them to come a day early and try to find housing (by getting good practice the day before the tourney they have to travel to). Also for the players playing, most players would rather want two days of playing their game back to back rather than have it split between two separate weeks, EVEN IF THEY LIVE IN THAT SAME REGION. As a tourney participant you gain more benefits from a smashfest the day before a tourney, rather than a week before.

Also, as far as traveling goes, I'm tired of it. If people can't make a tourney, then they cant make a tourney. If you want CFL to apologize for having more important **** to do overall, while at the same time having less to no cars....then its not gonna happen. At least not from me. If you don't want to come for CFL because we dont come down there, then dont. You guys have less to do overall (while at the same time having more cars..how this happened I have no idea) so clearly you are able to travel more. I'm trying to host a hype tourney, but I'm not gonna call anyone out for killing a scene by not coming to it. If they cant come then they cant come. I want other regions to come to add hype and attendance and overall fun, but if they cant then I understand because not everyone is good enough off to travel for a videogame no matter how much they like it.. And I know mink doesnt call SFL out for "killing the scene" by not coming to his tourneys (he cares even less than I do in that regard)...so im not even sure who you're referring to thats saying that. But if someone cant travel to your region, you dont get butthurt. You either get a ride to their region or dont go and do something else at home. (like awal, building a scene with the whole team on his back doe, since no one wants to travel to tallahassee. He asks us to home for hype, but the tourney will still go on if we dont. He'll still build attendance and get hype and have fun. And when they can, they'll try to travel to test their skills)

orlando FGC Players dont ***** if Tampa or jacksonville doesn't come to their local events. They just go to tampa or jacksonville events when they can, or watch them from home if its streamed.

i dunno 8bitman, when new players like you call out cfl players for traveling, it pisses me off even more than it would normally from an OG player, since you have no idea the traveling that CFL went through the first 2-3 years of this game's existence, and during the melee days, coupled with the fact that you should be wondering why people cant travel instead of calling them out. As far as im concerned, we've taken turns on who travels the most.

I do, however, want to apologize to Justin D. Riddle for this post in his thread, as he really doesn't want to see stuff like this in here, but after that non-logical answer of my post/callout of my region, shots had to be fired
Naw I mean I know what your saying, and I understand your opinion, but I just feel it is better to host it a week prior. Reasons could be something like, oh, I got my *** kicked by Justin, maybe I should look up that ZSS this week because I might run into him at the tourney. Therefore after said SmashFest, it gives them a week to touch up on a few things. I know I did, it just sucks that the ZSS practice I had wasn't enough, and the Pika practice was never used, seeing as I never ran into Eric. I disagree with your point of wanting to play two nights back to back. I like the idea of two weeks rather than two days, just a personal preference, and I know I can't be the only one who feels that way.

Also, I was stating that we don't care when CFL can't make it to SFL tourneys. We just like the extra players, IDK why were are arguing over this? O-o

My post was me about to go to sleep and all I got out of yours and AWAL's post was that I should host it the night before and that SFL never goes to CFL tourneys. In this post I just want to clarify that. Also i'm not a new player... I've been going to tourneys now in FL for a little over 2 years. =/
I've gone to like 12 so far.

Most deff ***** Tit, well I apologize Keith.

As for Wumbo, I put that troll post to show that I actually read Keith's post and that I would actually address it later.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Hopefully everyone that says they're coming this time actually do, and ultimately enter as well. If enough people come will you up the entrance fee back to $10 Justin? Or are you continuing to leave that up to a vote?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
anytime my friend, im a personal fan of his triceratops tattoos tho rofl

AfroQT

Smash Master
lol tbh i think its the funniest thing i've seen in awhile. Iunno i love those pictures with Donald/Goofy saying stupid **** lol. I saw one where Goofy pretended to be Bamby that **** was godlike.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Glasses on deck cant see like me
A honor roll on my **** no B's
5 years old when i learn how to read
Small *** shorts barely reach to my knees

Top Bottom