• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Since there's no point in trying to persuade anyone any further, let's just change the subject to something that's actually relevant. :drshrug:

Which known character do you think we'll see a showcase for next? Just another day of slog left before we know.
Since we just had Ren & Stimpy, I'm calling it now: Powdered Toast Man's gonna be the next showcase. After that, though? I'm hoping for either Nigel, Oblina, Zim, or Danny.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Its probably the use of the two models. It is probably harder to animate and make it work properly without causing framerate issues.
this plus Ren and Stimpy are very uniquely animated, must have taken them longer to get the animation just right on them

Also I see us getting Zim, Reptar, Danny, Nigel, really any popular choice we haven't seen much of

1632028513256.png

Fun little tidbit: Jellyfish Fields' platform uses a random number generator to decide which direction it goes initially

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
this plus Ren and Stimpy are very uniquely animated, must have taken them longer to get the animation just right on them

Also I see us getting Zim, Reptar, Danny, Nigel, really any popular choice we haven't seen much of

View attachment 330778

Fun little tidbit: Jellyfish Fields' platform uses a random number generator to decide which direction it goes initially
Sounds like Jellyfish Fields will be the stage to test characters out with.

Also, I agree with Rep that Jellyfish Fields' music has a tendency to grow on you; I've caught myself humming it quite a few times.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oohhh... that sounds promising. Could you share a list of popularity between characters. I would love to see which ones are the most popular and which ones are the least popular.
I mean, I don't think it means much as it relates to the character showcases, but still, here you go:
1632034707282.png

The Hot Topic Kids are out in FULL FORCE at the NASB server.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Lincoln needs more love it seems.
Yeah, I was surprised to see Lincoln as the least popular character on this, even less than folks like Lucy and Helga, who I routinely forget is in the game from time to time. Then again, I guess most of the people in a Discord server like that would be fans of more old-school Nicktoons, which would explain why folks like Danny and CatDog are so popular there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I was surprised to see Lincoln as the least popular character on this, even less than folks like Lucy and Helga, who I routinely forget is in the game from time to time. Then again, I guess most of the people in a Discord server like that would be fans of more old-school Nicktoons, which would explain why folks like Danny and CatDog are so popular there.
I mean, Helga's from a beloved show and a lot of people have an issue with accepting that new kid shows aren't automatically the worst thing to ever exist, see stuff like idk, the violent reaction to the newest TMNT show looking different despite it actually being really good to my understanding

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not to mention that, as it stands right now, the game barely has much in the way of post-90s representation. That may change when we hit DLC, but until then it amounts to the biggest hits, and a couple of cult favorites.

I mean, Helga's from a beloved show and a lot of people have an issue with accepting that new kid shows aren't automatically the worst thing to ever exist, see stuff like idk, the violent reaction to the newest TMNT show looking different despite it actually being really good to my understanding
It helps that Rise has such kick-ass animation that's it's easy to let slide the :ultsonic: Boom-esque designs.

In general though, newer shows get treated more kindly when enough time has passed that it's easier to find the diamonds in the rough after the fact.

My main's not there tho xD.
Could show us avatar first :p
Yeah, at this point I'm almost certain they'll announce it in earnest in the next two weeks, if not this one.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
No ill will towards Helga, she's just the character I most often look at and go, "oh yeah, she's in this game."

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, she's barely been shown off at all, I keep forgetting Danny Phantom and Oblina are in for the same reason
Yeah, at least they're starting to run out of big name characters and unannounced base roster ones. Even Powdered Toast Man has yet to get much coverage.

I pretty much keep forgetting that Reptar is in at all myself.

So... What's the status on Nick Jr. characters?
AWOL.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Aside from the really obvious stuff like the Ren and Stimpy reveal and the character showcases, I've been out of the loop for about two weeks. What's up?
The game leaked, we're getting 20 characters at launch of which we know the final 3 are Aang, Korra and Toph with 2 more being free DLC and then we'll get paid DLC later down the line

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I feel like if the devs are able to get voice acting added on later for the game, the good majority of it will probably be recycled voice clips, which while might be disappointing in many cases (I would love to hear Billy West make new lines for Ren and Stimpy, or see stuff like rival dialogue for certain characters), but for some characters like Nigel Thornberry, where his original voice actor Tim Curry has been unable to do much stuff after suffering from a stroke in 2012, having older voice lines be recycled would probably be the best option, rather than say getting someone else to do an impression of Tim Curry's iconic voice.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel like if the devs are able to get voice acting added on later for the game, the good majority of it will probably be recycled voice clips, which while might be disappointing in many cases (I would love to hear Billy West make new lines for Ren and Stimpy, or see stuff like rival dialogue for certain characters), but for some characters like Nigel Thornberry, where his original voice actor Tim Curry has been unable to do much stuff after suffering from a stroke in 2012, having older voice lines be recycled would probably be the best option, rather than say getting someone else to do an impression of Tim Curry's iconic voice.
I hope it's done better than in Nicktoons Racing if that actually has to happen. The reused voice clips in that game tend to have either static and/or background noises like grass rustling when Eliza says "Hey!" like they just took the audio directly from the show instead of the raw recordings.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I hope it's done better than in Nicktoons Racing if that actually has to happen. The reused voice clips in that game tend to have either static and/or background noises like grass rustling when Eliza says "Hey!" like they just took the audio directly from the show instead of the raw recordings.
The thing is, you have to consider if they even have raw recordings available for some of these shows. In most cases, they probably just have a solid M4A or whatever that has all the sound from the episode mashed together onto one layer. It's actually pretty rare that they keep the ADR files lying around after the fact, and at that point, it's probably not even worth it to go to the trouble of removing that background noise only for it to sound worse in the end.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doesn't Nigel mostly just do animal noises in this anyway? I think we can take the loss of Tim Curry in this case.

Besides, Billy West is coming back for Comedy Central's new R&S, so.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The thing is, you have to consider if they even have raw recordings available for some of these shows. In most cases, they probably just have a solid M4A or whatever that has all the sound from the episode mashed together onto one layer. It's actually pretty rare that they keep the ADR files lying around after the fact, and at that point, it's probably not even worth it to go to the trouble of removing that background noise only for it to sound worse in the end.
And as far as I know they would have to get the consent of the original VA, and in two cases (PTM and Oblina) the original VAs are deceased.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
If he isn't making BLARGHARGHWARGHAHARGH noises is it even Nigel Thornberry?
Exactly

Tim Curry made Nigel Thornberry, sure he has a funny design in general, but Tim's Performance as Nigel is what cemented the character as an iconic part of the show and a meme

To imagine him without his voice for me kills a little of the magic

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I mean, I don't think it means much as it relates to the character showcases, but still, here you go:
View attachment 330779
The Hot Topic Kids are out in FULL FORCE at the NASB server.
Ok. Patrick being that high surprises me. I didnt know grapplers were that popular of an arquetype. Reptar is also higher than I expected since he is such a minor character in his series. Also, surprised April is so low when she looks really strong by gameplay alone.

I pretty much keep forgetting that Reptar is in at all myself.
How could you ever forget this beautiful face?

I went with the digital preorder since it still doesnt appear on amazon.

Top Bottom