• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well lets see............

Classic Mode is just you fighting CPU enemies you already fought in computer player offline mode over and over.

World Of Light Is just you beating up computer player characters who are already on the roster over and over again and again while running on a board.

No cute, charming, badass cutscenes, No Challenging Platforming Sections to keep you on your toes, No sweet as Heaven beat em up sections where you kick the snot out of Nintendo minions like the Koopa Troopas Or Kremlings.

And it continues to be this way until you get to the final boss.

What a huge disappointment in all honesty.

Spirit Board Is Just you beating up the same damn characters who were already on the roster which is something you already did in computer player matches and the other two modes I just talked about.

How is any of that fun, charming, clever, or a joy to sit through?

Also. You don't get Home Run Contest or stage Builder until you fork over the cash needed for them by purchasing Banjo And Joker.

So if you did not purchase those two characters and the fighter packs that came with them.

"It sucks to be you" Says Nintendo.

When keep in mind. The last two modes I mentioned are things that should have been in the base game.

And again. You can't actually play those multiplayer modes online without paying extra cash for the online.

All while having it lag and glitch on you while going as slowly as possible.

Also. You don't have any friends that live close by and no one wants to come over to your house because your not vaccinated.

"Sucks To Be You" says Nintendo.

So yeah. Smash Ultimate has a whole truckload of nothing going for it. Like no joke. I was literally begging God to take me away from Earth after seeing how Smash Ultimate did not get a single mode thrown into its base game.

I just hope the folks behind Nick All Stars have some common sense to finally add more single player content. And I'm at least happy they made it to where online multiplayer does not suck royally.

One more thing I have to say about Nick All Stars Brawl.

"Sighs" if they do decide to throw in DLC. Oh please don't make it to where every single DLC character is just pointless sword fighter after another (I don't need them to repeat the same mistake Sakurai made in Ultimate and Smash 4).
I think it is pretty clear by the time you get to the antivax statement that your feelings on the game are more about you than the game.

But for the record, since I seem to not be able to resist trolling
  • it clearly has modes. Your discrediting them (because the one player modes are CPU- as if there is another option in a one player mode) don't magically make them not exist.
  • online fights are behind paywalls... in just about all hardware owned games of which I can think, and certainly the ones to which you compared this. If you didn't want to pay 20 bucks, when you knew already that online was going to be free for only a year, that's fully on you.
  • it sounds like you either did pay that amount, or are just repeating what you hear about 'glitches and lags.' Yeah, sometimes it does lag, but it is primarily only a factor for extremely competitive players- who also all buy all the content, for training. I've never experienced a glitch, and I think that if you somehow have, it is certainly an anomaly.

Honeslty, this whole conversation seems to be a scapegoat for your misplaced anger, with a lot of feeling of both entitlement and willful ignorance.
EDIT: Apparently, those were sentiments already echoed.

To make absolutely sure of it the Nick All Stars team gets the idea to make a better Smash game with tons of things to do in it.

As opposed to making the same darn mistakes over and over all over again.

That's all I want.

A Smash game with a ton of stuff to do offline (Since I myself don't have many friends close by to come play games with me) and a fun story mode that gives me a reason to keep coming back to that game.

As opposed to it being a game you only touch once and never play again after that.

Not being entitled or a jerk or a brat.

I just want a Smash game with a ton of fun modes, A good story mode, and a game that's not boring chore to sit through for an hour or two.

Something that I can look forward to that's not just a pointless waste of time and programming resources that could have been used to feed starving homeless people or create a cure for HIV AIDS.

Feel free to either agree or disagree with me.
Your opinions will not be taken into consideration, almost definitely.
1- Because, even if this thread does get seen by them, it will not be the defining factor.
2- Your opinions seem completely singular from anyone else currently replying to this thread.
3- You are completely skewing facts to fix your narrative.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

It's fair to think that this game, if truly meant to be a competitive game at its core, may get more of audience thanks to its usage of mainstream cartoons like Spongebob, do you guys think we could literally be looking at the next Platform Fighter with major competitive support?

Rivals of Aether and Slap City both have their fanbases, but are definetly smaller than Smash and other fighting games in general, but i unironically think this may shift the gears for once. Im not saying we will see Patrick vs Nigel at EVO 2022, but the fact that this game may have depth with the skin of recognizable characters could mean that this may be the most popular Platform Fighter after Smash, which.........................would definitely be something to marvel at.

Smash will always be number 1, but im not sure what you could call number 2 outside of Aether.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

It's fair to think that this game, if truly meant to be a competitive game at its core, may get more of audience thanks to its usage of mainstream cartoons like Spongebob, do you guys think we could literally be looking at the next Platform Fighter with major competitive support?

Rivals of Aether and Slap City both have their fanbases, but are definetly smaller than Smash and other fighting games in general, but i unironically think this may shift the gears for once. Im not saying we will see Patrick vs Nigel at EVO 2022, but the fact that this game may have depth with the skin of recognizable characters could mean that this may be the most popular Platform Fighter after Smash, which.........................would definitely be something to marvel at.

Smash will always be number 1, but im not sure what you could call number 2 outside of Aether.
I think it'll be on par with Rivals competitive popularity wise. Casually it'll be more popular than any previous non-Smash platfighter but less so than Smash itself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I mean, Smash wouldn't be half as big if it stayed as Dragon King and we've seen this before like with how Arcsys blew the **** up after DBFZ

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fun Fact:

Actually sad fact: There were two creators of TMNT and one of them disapproved of this so much they didn’t partake in working on the show. And both now agree in hindsight that it was a bad idea
I've heard the TMNT creators are really cool guys. Apparently they apologised to fans of the gritty comics when the cartoon came out and promised the gritty stuff could coexist with the wacky kid-friendly stuff.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I've heard the TMNT creators are really cool guys. Apparently they apologised to fans of the gritty comics when the cartoon came out and promised the gritty stuff could coexist with the wacky kid-friendly stuff.
they are, there's a documentary on Netflix called "The Toys That Made Us" and you get an extensive history of TMNT and their creators. It's pretty cool and they're both cool guys

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, no kidding. At this point, I feel like we've hyped it up too much. Like we all thought it was Krumm, Angelica, or Garfield and it's actually just "Spongebob's shadow" or something
SpongeBob's at the front. I know this is a rethorical statement but still.

Speaking of which, there's a barely legible character in the middle - the businessman in me tells me it's one of the turtles, but some people think they can see one of Zim's robot claws.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
SpongeBob's at the front. I know this is a rethorical statement but still.

Speaking of which, there's a barely legible character in the middle - the businessman in me tells me it's one of the turtles, but some people think they can see one of Zim's robot claws.
I've personally been saying Danny Phantom. I don't know of another confirmed character whose legs wouldn't be on the ground (since I assume they'd be noticeable based on where the figure is)

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
View attachment 323252
Am I the only one getting a creeping feeling this is gonna happen?
From the creators of Box Theory, we get the hit sequel that makes the world go crazy: Box Art Theory!

The box doesn't even have the Ninja Turtles.
Yeah the developers would know that it is an unwritten rule to have ALL Turtles playable whenever they appear in a game right?

......................right?

EDIT: Sorry, i read that as "The Box doesn't even have ALL the Ninja Turtles".

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Thanks!

Watching it in slow motion made me realize how good of a job they did with her facial expressions.

Also, he just posted a Reptar analysis literally 5 minutes ago if anyone wants to see it:
If he ends up playing somewhat like Bowser he might be my main, y'know, assuming he isn't godawful like Melee Bowser.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
The box doesn't even have the Ninja Turtles.
uh ok? I said the characters not officially revealed yet that are in the boxart

From the creators of Box Theory, we get the hit sequel that makes the world go crazy: Box Art Theory!

Yeah the developers would know that it is an unwritten rule to have ALL Turtles playable whenever they appear in a game right?

......................right?

EDIT: Sorry, i read that as "The Box doesn't even have ALL the Ninja Turtles".
I mean Box Theory ended up being correct, but I wasn't really trying to theorize. Just voicing concerns of a pretty strong possibility

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think the only 'toons not disconfirmed by emojis I can confidently say aren't getting in are Breadwinners, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, and Middlemost Post. The prior 2 are considered disgraces by the fandom and have rarely if ever been acknowledged by Viacom since their cancellation, and the latter only debuted a few weeks ago.

Glitch Techs and It's Pony are in a weird situation given they debuted around the same time this game went into development - I'd say it's possible but not likely that Ludosity got to see the finished episodes early or added Miko/Pony at the last second.

I'd also like to bring up Harvey Beaks, as its creator has been very vocal about his fustrations with Nick so corporate may not want to open up that old wound, but that doesn't seem likely given Ren & Stimpy are in, and there are plenty of R&S production stories out in the wild, some where John K. was in the wrong and others where Nick was in the wrong (even if mostly the prior.)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Did a search and Chloe is a character added to later seasons of Fairly Oddparents who Timmy has to share Cosmo and Wanda with.
Shes basically the worst i mean sparky was already dumb (although i didnt really hate poof) she basically hogged the spotlight and timmy basically acted heavily out of character the entire time!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 323266

"In the future, there will be a Nickelodeon Smash Bros. clone, with an amazing roster, wavedashing, and rollback netcode...."

View attachment 323267

"But no neutral stages"
We can already see Smashville, Yoshi's Brawl, and Battlefield counterparts in the trailer (Jellyfish Fields, Technodrome, Irken Empire) so I wouldn't be too worried.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 323266

"In the future, there will be a Nickelodeon Smash Bros. clone, with an amazing roster, wavedashing, and rollback netcode...."

View attachment 323267

"But no neutral stages"
We thankfully have two of them. From at least the trailers it seems as though Jellyfish Fields is a Smashville clone and the Irken Armada is Battlefield.

Also, I had a fun art project to do today

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Can we just get Jimmy and Timmy not just because they come from awesome shows, but so that we can recreate this awesome matchup again?

View attachment 323271

Seriously, this was the hypest thing on TV as an early 2000's kid and no crossover will ever be better then this one.
I still love how Jimmy's design translated to 2D perfectly fine, but 3D Timmy is a straight up Five Nights at Freddy's hellbeast.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think the only 'toons not disconfirmed by emojis I can confidently say aren't getting in are Breadwinners, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, and Middlemost Post. The prior 2 are considered disgraces by the fandom and have rarely if ever been acknowledged by Viacom since their cancellation, and the latter only debuted a few weeks ago.

Glitch Techs and It's Pony are in a weird situation given they debuted around the same time this game went into development - I'd say it's possible but not likely that Ludosity got to see the finished episodes early or added Miko/Pony at the last second.

I'd also like to bring up Harvey Beaks, as its creator has been very vocal about his fustrations with Nick so corporate may not want to open up that old wound, but that doesn't seem likely given Ren & Stimpy are in, and there are plenty of R&S production stories out in the wild, some where John K. was in the wrong and others where Nick was in the wrong (even if mostly the prior.)
At first I thought that It's Pony have some chances, but the more I think about it I'm not too sure. Apparently the dev had pretty much 100% control on the roster (they just needed Nick approval) and nothing was forced to them, so it can't get in as a promotional pick (unless the dev wanted to promote it for some reason). Also, Loud house is, for now, the only very recent show on the roster so I don't think recent stuff will have priority. There's also the fact that Fanboy and ChumChum apparently got refused by Nick despite the dev being interested in the characters, so again even if it's Pony is recent doesn't mean that it will be greenlit by Nick. Maybe Pony could be more seriously considered as DLC but for now I'm not too sure about his chances.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
At first I thought that It's Pony have some chances, but the more I think about it I'm not too sure. Apparently the dev had pretty much 100% control on the roster (they just needed Nick approval) and nothing was forced to them, so it can't get in as a promotional pick (unless the dev wanted to promote it for some reason). Also, Loud house is, for now, the only very recent show on the roster so I don't think recent stuff will have priority. There's also the fact that Fanboy and ChumChum apparently got refused by Nick despite the dev being interested in the characters, so again even if it's Pony is recent doesn't mean that it will be greenlit by Nick. Maybe Pony could be more seriously considered as DLC but for now I'm not too sure about his chances.
I think FBCC's problem isn't recentness given the show is about 12 years old now, but rather Nick execs being ashamed of the show. Hopefully by the time DLC comes around they'll see the cult following and "awesome" memes. IIRC Nick allowed FBCC's creator to make a limited run Kyle poster around the time the show was trending, but I'm not certain on that and it's possible my mind just made that up.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think FBCC's problem isn't recentness given the show is about 12 years old now, but rather Nick execs being ashamed of the show. Hopefully by the time DLC comes around they'll see the cult following and "awesome" memes. IIRC Nick allowed FBCC's creator to make a limited run Kyle poster around the time the show was trending, but I'm not certain on that and it's possible my mind just made that up.
Ok I actually feel old now, I seriously thought that Fanboy ChumChum was like 5-6 years old lol.

If the bad reception of FBCC was indeed the problem for the game, I'm still not too sure about It's Pony chances. I mean, it definitely have better reception than FBCC, it's not really dislike, but it's not really amazing either so maybe Nick will just want to forget it and move on.

Top Bottom