• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, we got us a Helga showcase!

So she's another glass cannon, huh? Looks like that's another character to add to the list of fighters I'll probably be trying out first. I like how the moveset definitely fits her, and I particularly like the slingshot, not only in how it operates by knocking the opponent closer to you (which I wasn't expecting), but also that it's not just a slingshot, but the Golden Magic Slingshot from the opera episode! I also like to imagine her light up/strong up are references to her socking Brainy. Finally, I love that one of her attacks is her whacking the opponent with a book that's presumably filled with love poems dedicated to Arnold; that's the sort of whackiness I love from games like this!

Traffic Jam also looks like a pretty good stage actually; I like how it resembles Big Blue, but not nearly as fast, though just as dangerous. And I'm actually kind of digging the music for this stage, though that's probably because I'm a sucker for saxophones.

Finally, I really like her victory animation; it definitely seems very reminiscent of her character.

Overall, Helga looks like a lot of fun!

Now to wait and see what happens with the Direct. I mean, at this point it feels like a guarantee that the Avatar Trio are gonna get revealed, but I'm also curious to see if the final Smash Ultimate DLC fighter is revealed as well.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I couldn't hear the video too well when I watched it (just a me thing)

Does her projectile always draw the opponent closer? That's pretty interesting if so
That's what it looks like to me, and honestly? I kind of like that; it gives the move a rather unique property and usage than what I was expecting (which was that it'd be just your standard projectile attack).

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
That's what it looks like to me, and honestly? I kind of like that; it gives the move a rather unique property and usage than what I was expecting (which was that it'd be just your standard projectile attack).
it's also gonna be key to her kit since she's lacking in range otherwise. I could see why that playtester dubbed her low tier, seems she relies a lot on that slingshot

amageish

Smash Master
Well, that's one of the four privated videos revealed now. If we don't get anything in the Direct, then I imagine they're just uploading them in advance for whatever reason...

Helga looks pretty fun though! Her kit seems kind of standard by platform fighter standards, but it really stands out among the characters we've had detailed for this game. Definitely excited to try her out.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well, that's one of the four privated videos revealed now. If we don't get anything in the Direct, then I imagine they're just uploading them in advance for whatever reason...

Helga looks pretty fun though! Her kit seems kind of standard by platform fighter standards, but it really stands out among the characters we've had detailed for this game. Definitely excited to try her out.
F416EB91-3E62-41F9-A56E-46AC0540732C.jpeg

Yep, she's one of the 4 videos.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Helga

Not who I expected, but hey! A net win for those who've been starving for Helga info all this time. Both video and moveset on the same day, imagine that.

I can safely assume that next week will continue cleaning up the base roster after Avatar.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
One of Helga's dashes not being called "Move It, Bucko!" is a missed opportunity, but otherwise she's looking great.

Watching Helga in action was really one of those "I can't believe this is a real game" moments for me, as someone who watched a lot of Hey Arnold as a kid.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, certainly didn't expect HELGA to be next! And despite my relative indifference to her before, she actually looks super fun and up my alley! I've already mentioned how I like speedy glass cannon characters, and, well, Helga certainly is that. Not to mention that slingshot sends opponents TOWARDS YOU?? My inner Ori main is going to LOVE this character.
(I also love how Arnold got a cameo as part of her Strong Fair and victory animation. Even if the guy didn't make the cut, it's cool that the main character got some recognition.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, I find it hysterical that she actually uses her own keepsakes to bean people with.

Also, I called it that her stage would be a moving one. It might be my favorite so far, since you see so many locations from the show.

Finally, Teeter Totter Gulch preview:

Well, certainly didn't expect HELGA to be next! And despite my relative indifference to her before, she actually looks super fun and up my alley! I've already mentioned how I like speedy glass cannon characters, and, well, Helga certainly is that. Not to mention that slingshot sends opponents TOWARDS YOU?? My inner Ori main is going to LOVE this character.
(I also love how Arnold got a cameo as part of her Strong Fair and victory animation. Even if the guy didn't make the cut, it's cool that the main character got some recognition.)
It kind of makes sense, seeing as late in the show it was less about Arnold and more about Helga and her personal struggles.

Will recolour costumes ever get shown off? Or that elusive "gallery", assuming it exists?
Probably as the promised "unlockables".

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, so we didn't get any more new info. Are they just gonna dump everything on Twitter and Game Mill's YT or something?

Interesting date for the smash info XD
Endings lead to beginnings.

So yeah, we're definitely getting Avatar stuff. Also, :ultkirby: in 3D, finally, YESSSSSSSS.

Edit: Eh, never mind.

I don't think that he did it on purpose to make NASB fail.
It's just noting the irony of the timing.

1632435562834.jpeg

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Well, considering the videos themselves are set up, I'm surprised that we didn't get the Avatar characters here. Though I did chuckle a bit at the timing for the final Smash Ultimate character reveal.

Oh well; I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
...Well, considering the videos themselves are set up, I'm surprised that we didn't get the Avatar characters here. Though I did chuckle a bit at the timing for the final Smash Ultimate character reveal.

I think that we're just going to wait until release to see the Avatar characters.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey, the Direct was pretty fine. Kind of funny both AC and Smash had their updates passed onto later showcases...

It'd be a little bit odd to do a release day reveal for people on the boxart, wouldn't it?
There's nowhere left to reveal them except for Tokyo Game Show.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Overall though I enjoyed the Direct. Thank god Bayo 3 will finally near completion, that was a really pleasant surprise.

In before they dump them tomorrow.
Well, either that or it turns out they were actually going to cover the Loud siblings and save the last vid for next week. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Has anyone pointed out the game is coming out the same day nintendo is announcing the final SSBU DLC?

Talk about bad luck

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Has anyone pointed out the game is coming out the same day nintendo is announcing the final SSBU DLC?

Talk about bad luck
I don't think the announcement of a character being released, likely, at a later date is going to impact the sales of this game. Even if it IS being released that day along side a new character, a 4.99 DLC isn't going to likely force people to choose between a new game and one character. Not a make or break or anything. Not a real dilemma.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
There's nowhere left to reveal them except for Tokyo Game Show.
They revealed Ren and Stimpy via a PlayStation blog interview. They could easily just say "New trailer with 3 characters coming out tomorrow at [time] via [games journalist outlet]."

Talk about bad luck
Potentially not bad luck as it could end up trending as people get salty over the character and swear allegiance to NASB instead!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm at least glad no fighter got overshadowed in the Direct, at any rate.

Also, I think we'll get at least one character coverage per day next week, so that'll be fun to look forward to.

They revealed Ren and Stimpy via a PlayStation blog interview. They could easily just say "New trailer with 3 characters coming out tomorrow at [time] via [games journalist outlet]."

Potentially not bad luck as it could end up trending as people get salty over the character and swear allegiance to NASB instead!
Depends on who it is, really. Lara Croft would be a neat compromise and further anger people who are annoyed about NASB's "forced" female representation.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Either at TGS or nowhere and Aang, Korra, and Toph won't be seen until release.
...I doubt we aren't going to be seeing them before the game releases; on top of the three unknown videos in the playlist, it just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint to not advertise that characters from one of the most popular and well-known Nicktoons are going to be featured in this fighting game.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the devs have said in the past that they would reveal every character before the game launched.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Depends on who it is, really. Lara Croft would be a neat compromise and further anger people who are annoyed about NASB's "forced" female representation.

View attachment 331358
Lol. Honestly, I'm expecting salt no matter who it actually is. One person's most-wanted is another person's "LITERALLY NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS; NINTENDO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR FANS."

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I think it's just a coincidence.

Like the fact that we're getting the 80s versions of the Turtles all over the place right now, just because some game developers grew up watching the cartoon.

I mean seriously though, who ever thought we'd see playable 80s April in two modern Nick games? Besides me.

Lol. Honestly, I'm expecting salt no matter who it actually is. One person's most-wanted is another person's "LITERALLY NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS; NINTENDO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR FANS."
Yeah, even the biggest wants still get haters. :ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:

To that, I just say:

As long as I care about who it is.

That said, I'm good with us just focusing on NASB stuff again, that Direct leadup was too stressful for me.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
In whatever case it is alittle unfortunate. At the same time at least we're getting both soon :p

Top Bottom