• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but i suppose either they want to go with a younger actor
He was already almost twice Zuko's age when ATLA first aired. I don't think this is an issue compared to Arnold and Gerald.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does anyone know how to modify which items spawn and how often? The ruleset says you can, but I can't figure out how. I just want to play with all Tommy Balls now they've fixed the reflectors on them

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
DrifloonEmpire shared this with me on Discord earlier today, and it looks like we’re never getting any of the missing veterans back.
It does not mean that at all. It's simply a (kinda rude) way to say that they can't really do much about the current game's roster. It says nothing about whether they'll try to do so for a NASB3. There is zero predecent or proof pointing to cut veterans never returning to the series, and I think we'd all be better off if we stopped looking for it.

That one "everything goes back to the cuts" flowchart I made a while ago was supposed to be hyperbole, but it's slowly becoming reality.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
That one "everything goes back to the cuts" flowchart I made a while ago was supposed to be hyperbole, but it's slowly becoming reality.
It's beyond parody when it's almost always the same person who brings us back to cuts.
So hey, to get us off the topic for the millionth time, how are we feeling about the stages? Here's my thoughts:
Jellyfish Fields: Not a huge fan of the new layout since it's needlessly huge and has walkoffs on both sides, but the old Smashville layout is still here and the new remix is pretty nice, so I'll give this one a pass.

Flying Dutchman's Ship: I liked this stage last time, and it's the same here. That remix goes straight in my piratecore playlist.

Bun Wrestling Ring: Pretty creative layout and good idea for a stage. Not my favorite to play on since it kinda reminds me of a janky Smash custom stage at times, but it sure as hell beats Glove World in that regard.

Chum Bucket: Not a fan of this one. The soft plats in the middle that dip in and out of the chum are annoying and those laser hazards last way too long. Also has probably my least favorite track, if I'm honest - why was "evil Deck the Halls" the direction they decided on? (Also I am a little salty that because we aren't getting stages with the DLC characters, we'll probably never have a Krusty Krab stage to accompany this.)

Sewers Slam: UGH. Ghost Zone 2 over here. The layout here's way too cluttered now and it takes forever for anyone to die because of it. I'm also not big on the new track compared to the old one. Probably the biggest downgrade as far as stages go IMO.

Rooftop Rumble: The new layout's alright, if a little overextended, and the new track's easily my favorite in the game. Plus, we still have the old layout. Full marks here.

Technodrome Takedown: This one I'm pretty neutral on. On one hand, the outdoor aesthetic is pretty cool, but the new laser hazards make what was once a unique, yet tolerable stage kind of annoying to play on. I'll give this one a "meh."

Western Air Temple: Appa as a platform is kinda cool, but having an entire wall to the right and a ceiling was a bridge too far. This was one of my favorite non-comp stages in the original and I'm kinda sad to see what became of it.

Harmonic Convergence: Oh hey, it's Glacial Bastion. In all seriousness, the new layout's nice and they didn't tack any annoying walls or hazards onto it. +1.

Fire Masters Meeting: Eh? It's kind of just a big walkoff most of the time, and when the dragons are there, it's overly cramped and annoying to try and fight on them since they give no warning of when they're about to leave and zoop you offscreen.

Loud Castle: Don't care what anyone says, Lincoln Loud being a stage cameo in a Nickelodeon fighting game is still super funny. Anyway this stage is alright, nothing I'd pick often, but not bad.

Royal Woods Cemetery: RIP tombstones, you won't be missed. I'm pretty 50/50 on the new track versus the old one; the new one's certainly better for fighting, but DAMN if I didn't love the old one.

Clockwork's Lair: The portals on the sides make it a little annoying to secure kills here, but other than that, it kicks the absolute **** out of Ghost Zone on all fronts.

Pariah's Keep: Honestly don't think I've played on the regular version of this one? I mean, it seems alright, I guess.

Food Dream: Same stage as last time, still like it here. (Granted, The Table might've been a funnier idea for a Garfield PS clone, but appreciate the creativity.)

Messy Kitchen: This stage isn't the size of the average Adventure Mode level anymore! Huzzah! This feels chaotic and janky in the way a Ren & Stimpy stage should without being overly annoying to play on. Brilliant FFA stage, definitely the right decision over bringing Space Madness back.

Irken Armada: I dunno what fans of casual stages are complaining about when this game basically has its own Corneria, a stage most Melee players don't even know exists outside of a diss track. Either way, the old layout's still here, so I can't complain even if the collision on this one is pretty janky.

Miracle City Volcano: The lava's a little annoying, but overall, it's fine. Music slaps, but we all knew that.

Tremorton Joyride: One of the best stages last time, no changes needed.

Hardcore Chores: Didn't like this one last time and I still don't, but I do enjoy that you can go on top of the house now. This stage really needed the extra play space. Goes without saying, but the song slaps.

Wild Savannah: EXTREME glowup from Nigel's previous stage. Dynamic, gorgeous, and way more representative of his series than that stupid waterfall. My only complaint here is that the CPUs do not know how to play on it.

Reptar's Ruins: Are these ruins even really his? Anyway, it alright. The whole thing being soft platforms is annoying and I'm not a fan of when the game decides to carpet bomb the entire stage, but it's still a massive improvement over whatever Teeter Totter Gulch was going for.

Angry Beavers Dam: This stage is awesome until the water rises and you have to deal with those dumb fish. Seriously, they look like part of the background. (Also, the music here is a bop and a half.)

Jimmy's Lab: The transformations are pretty fun, and I dig how much the music sounds like the Jimmy Neutron theme. And hey - no hazards!

City Aquarium: I'm torn on if I like this or Traffic Jam more. The layout here is jankier, but it looks a whole lot better. I probably prefer Traffic Jam, but not by much.

Training Stage: The existence of a training grid in a Nickelodeon game is incredibly funny to me. Kudos to the devs for letting us fight here.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
DrifloonEmpire shared this with me on Discord earlier today, and it looks like we’re never getting any of the missing veterans back.
And does this means you believe everything? No offense man, but this post was a really rude trolling and you shouldn't fall for everything that's on the net. I'm expecting DLCs to have some cuts return, even if it means others returning in another game.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'd say my favorite stages are:

Fire Masters Meeting
Food Dream
Jimmy's Lab
Miracle City Volcano
Angry Beavers' Dam
Clockwork's Lair

And my least-favorite stages are:
Chum Bucket
Sewers Slam

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For some thoughts on the stages myself:

1. Was expecting Chum Bucket to be hell, but it's pretty fun
  2. Savannah is a fun concept, but takes way too long to swap layouts, you only see two in a 2-minute battle and it ends up just feeling like worse Traffic Jam
  3. Funny main protag snub aside, Loud Castle may be my favourite. It's basically just Hyrule Castle 64 - tried, tested, and true.
  4. Western Air Temple is one of the biggest glow-ups of all time. You can actually get from the bottom to the top without an airdash, and the wall and Appa provide some really fun situations
  5. I can't help with wish the likes of Sweet Dreams and Royal Woods had alternate casual layouts, but I do at least appreciate that their comp layouts being default means they'll show up in random rotation with the casual stages
  6. Messy Kitchen is a downgrade from Toast Trouble - I loved the disproportionate horizontality the original stage had compred to its verticality, as well as how close the pan was to the blast zone.
  7. Bun Wrestling Ring is fun, but could really do with a high-up platform like Boxing Ring to give the springs some use other than funne Squidward stall & falls
  8. Standing on top of the roof in Hardcore Chores ruins the stage, I loved how long you could live and ricochet on it, but now it just kinda feels more campy.
  9. Priah's Keep would be a banger competitive stage, the axe needs to go
  10. Clockwork's Lair is really funny in concept, but the teleport spawn points need to be fixed.
  11. Sewer Slam's atmosphere is a downgrade, but the new layout is really fun. Anything with walls and ceilings is up my alley.
  12. I have a soft spot for bland training grids, glad they have one here.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It does not mean that at all. It's simply a (kinda rude) way to say that they can't really do much about the current game's roster. It says nothing about whether they'll try to do so for a NASB3. There is zero predecent or proof pointing to cut veterans never returning to the series, and I think we'd all be better off if we stopped looking for it.

I just gravitated to the cut vets when I first saw that comment because aside from them I haven't heard of any complaints about the roster at all.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's something I've done for Smash, but not NASB; What if I could add a fighter to every franchise (including those cut from the first game)
  • SpongeBob: Fred
  • Loud House: Luan
  • TMNT: Krang
  • Ren & Stimpy: Mr. Horse
  • Invader Zim: Professor Membrane
  • CatDog: Winslow
  • Rugrats: Angelica
  • Wild Thornberries: Darwin
  • Hey Arnold: Pigeon Man
  • Danny Phantom: Dark Danny
  • Aah! Real Monsters: Ickis
  • Garfield: Jon
  • Teenage Robot: Vexus
  • Jimmy Neutron: Sheen
  • Rocko: Ed Bighead
  • El Tigre: Sartana of the Dead
  • Angry Beavers: I dunno... Leonard, I guess?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's something I've done for Smash, but not NASB; What if I could add a fighter to every franchise (including those cut from the first game)
Lemme try!
  • SpongeBob: Larry
  • Loud House: Luan or for a left-field pick, Muscle Fish
  • Invader Zim: Dib
  • CatDog: The Greasers (Swap like Pokémon Trainer from Smash, 3 in one)
  • Rugrats: Spike the Dog (Babies riding on his back assist in battle)
  • Wild Thornberries: Eliza (Uses actual animals to fight)
  • Hey Arnold: Arnold himself
  • Danny Phantom: Skulker
  • Garfield: Odie
  • Jimmy Neutron: Carl
  • Rocko: Filbert or Heffer
  • El Tigre: Django of the Dead
  • Angry Beavers: Leonard

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Spongebob: Chocolate Guy
The Loud House: Luan Loud
TMNT: Master Splinter or Kraang
Ren & Stimpy: Shaven Yak or Muddy Mudskipper
Invader Zim: Professor Membrane
CatDog: The Greaser Dogs
Rugrats: Angelica
The Wild Thornerrys: Darwin Thornberry
Hey Arnold: Mr. Smith or Bridget
Danny Phantom: Skulker
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Ickis or The Grumble
Garfield: Odie
My Life as a Teenage Robot: Misty or Vexxus
Jimmy Neutron: Sheen
Rocko: Filburt or Ed Bighead
El Tigre: Booma Loco or El Oso
Angry Beavers; Beary Bear

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Spongebob: Sandy
Loud Housse: Luan
Tmnt: Master Splinter
Ren & Stimpy: Powdered toast Man
Invader Zim: Dib
CatDog: CatDog
Rugrats: Angelica
Wild Thornberries: Eliza
Hey Arnold: Helga
Danny Phantom: Vlad
Ahh real monsters: Oblina
Garfield: Jon
Teenage robot: Vexus
Jimmy Neutron: Cindy
Rocko: Heffer
El Tigre: White Pantera
Angry Beavers: Beary Bear

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
I’d
  • SpongeBob: Bubble Bass
  • TMNT: Karai (Based on Dimension Shellshock)
  • Ren & Stimpy: Mr Horse
  • CatDog: Rancid Rabbit
  • Rugrats: Stu Pickles (using his many inventions)
  • Hey Arnold: Stoop Kid
  • Danny Phantom: Vlad Plasmius
  • Garfield: Dirk Dinkum
  • Jimmy Neutron: Professor Calamitous
  • El Tigre: White Pantera
  • Angry Beavers: Oxnard Montalvo

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give this game a few more patches before I pick it up again. I found out last night that lobbies just straight-up don't work. I tried running some games with a buddy of mine (same platform, same version of the game and everything) and the game kept hanging on the VS screen and kicking us back to the lobby screen after every match. It's bad enough that my main is a dumpster fire right now. Seriously, here are just a few of the most fun Zim bugs I've run into:
  • Sometimes the screen will shake uncontrollably after GIR dies until he is summoned again. This is probably the worst one since it's not really avoidable provided you're playing the character at all like you should.
  • In certain matchups (including the Vlad fight, of all things), GIR will just ignore all your commands except Side Special, effectively reducing him to a glorified projectile.
  • Picking up GIR and then using Down Strong will permanently glue GIR to your body, rendering him useless for the rest of the match even if you summon him again.
  • Soft platforms can eat GIR. Summoning him too close to a platform just deletes him and puts him on cooldown, and he can even bonk on the side of them, killing him instantly.
  • Sometimes the Explslowsion visual will stay in your hand even after you throw it, making it incredibly unclear whether Zim actually has one or not.
...and probably even more that I missed. This character is so broken, there's literally a thread in NASBcord called "Invader Zim issues" with nearly 50 posts. This is all on TOP of him having a completely unsalvageable recovery with or without GIR, which is a design issue that I don't even expect to be fixed. It's like they don't want people playing this character or something. Zim's not the only character who's broken beyond belief, either - hi, Rocko.

I'm honestly tempted to call this game's launch even worse than the first; at least then, I could pick a character and trust that I'd be able to play as them. At least I could go online then, even if the netcode was worse. I hate to be a downer, but this game does not want to be played. Really hope it recovers quickly, otherwise we'll be down to double-digit playercounts even faster than last time. This really needed another half year in the oven; same story two years later.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give this game a few more patches before I pick it up again. I found out last night that lobbies just straight-up don't work. I tried running some games with a buddy of mine (same platform, same version of the game and everything) and the game kept hanging on the VS screen and kicking us back to the lobby screen after every match. It's bad enough that my main is a dumpster fire right now. Seriously, here are just a few of the most fun Zim bugs I've run into:
  • Sometimes the screen will shake uncontrollably after GIR dies until he is summoned again. This is probably the worst one since it's not really avoidable provided you're playing the character at all like you should.
  • In certain matchups (including the Vlad fight, of all things), GIR will just ignore all your commands except Side Special, effectively reducing him to a glorified projectile.
  • Picking up GIR and then using Down Strong will permanently glue GIR to your body, rendering him useless for the rest of the match even if you summon him again.
  • Soft platforms can eat GIR. Summoning him too close to a platform just deletes him and puts him on cooldown, and he can even bonk on the side of them, killing him instantly.
  • Sometimes the Explslowsion visual will stay in your hand even after you throw it, making it incredibly unclear whether Zim actually has one or not.
...and probably even more that I missed. This character is so broken, there's literally a thread in NASBcord called "Invader Zim issues" with nearly 50 posts. This is all on TOP of him having a completely unsalvageable recovery with or without GIR, which is a design issue that I don't even expect to be fixed. Zim's not the only character who's broken beyond belief, either - hi, Rocko.

I'm honestly tempted to call this game's launch even worse than the first; at least then, I could pick a character and trust that I'd be able to play as them. At least I could go online then, even if the netcode was worse. I really do wanna play this game more, but it's making it hard to do so. Really hope this game recovers quickly, otherwise we'll be down to double-digit playercounts even faster than last time.
What platform are you using? Haven't run into the lobby stuff on PC.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Guess I'm gonna give some of my thoughts on each stage:

Jellyfish Fields:
Very fun redesign, even tho it's a little too big for me personally. Make it smaller and it's a great stage.

The Flying Dutchman's Ship:
It's pretty much the one from NASB1 but with better graphics. Very good.

Bun Wresling Ring:
A great stage for a great reference. The ropes can be a bit annoying sometimes tho.

Chum Bucket:
Honestly the lamest of the SpongeBob stages. It's a big stage with just a couple of straight lines, with the 2 middle platforms moving up and down above a bucket of chum. And the laser is so easy to avoid, it might aswell not be there. It's not bad to fight on atleast, unlike other stages that I will mention, but it's still a bit boring. I expected more from a "Chum Bucket" stage.

Harmonic Convergence:
An improvement over the FD clone, even tho all they did was add 3 platforms to it.

The Western Air Temple:
Huge improvement over the original. Love the wall on the right and Appa flying in on the left.

Fire Masters Meeting:
It's meh. Nothing much happens on this stage.

Irken Armada Invasion:
It's pretty much Sector Z/Corneria from Smash. Pretty fun.

Sewers Slam:
Decent overhaul. Very annoying in Arcade/Campaign Mode tho. CPU's will almost always tech on those pipes making it pretty annoying to KO them.

Rooftop Rumble:
Very good redesign. Bit big but I can live with that.

Technodrome Takedown:
Not too different compared to the one from the first game. I like that the laser destroys the platforms when they get hit. It forces people to be closer to eachother.

Hardcore Chores:
I like that you can go on the roof now. Aside from that, fun stage, best played as a casual stage.

Food Dreams:
Good stage from the first game but with better graphics. I like that they added in Odie as a background character. I don't like the name change however. Sweet Dreams sounds much better and I hope they change it back in a future patch.

Jimmy's Lab:
It's kinda like Pokémon Stadium with the changing platforms. Love how they represent various episodes from the show. This stage also runs really good on my laptop somehow, even before the patch.

Messy Kitchen:
Never liked the original from the first game, I thought it was way too long. This one is an imrovement (it's shorter), but I'm still not a huge fan of it. I would've preferred a new Ren & Stimpy stage instead.

Wild Savannah:
Much better than the Thornberrys stage from the first game. The layout changes could be a bit faster, but it's still a very fun stage to fight on.

Loud Castle:
Much more fun than the Loud House from the first game. Nice layout.

Royal Woods Cemetary:
I'm in the minority for this one, but I miss the tombstones on this stage. They really should've added an Hazards On/Off button to this game to give people even more options. Still a fun stage tho.

Miracle City Volcano:
Not much to say. Nice layout, good hazard that actually does something dangerous. Nice.

Angry Beavers' Dam:
Good stage untill the water rises up. You slow down when you're in the water, and trying to knock out people when they're in the water is made much harder. Another example of why this game should've had an Hazarda On"Off button.

Pariah's Keep:
Alright stage. Nice layout. Not much to stay.

Clockwork's Lair:
This stage is almost good. Unique layout. I however do not like that the teleporters stop any fighters that have been knocked away, making it a bit harder to KO players. If they made the teleporters like the Smash Ulimate' Stage Builder teleporters, it would be a lot better.

Reptar’s Ruins:
Pretty good stage. Love that the stage is themed around Reptar. Hazards are also decent.

City Aquarium:
It's alright. CPU's aren't very smart on this stage, they'll SD a lot in the middle.

Tremorton Joyride:
This stage was awesome in the first game, so I'm really glad it's back in this one.

Training:
Didn't expect this one honestly. Not much to say cuz it's just a training stage, but it's a cool inclusion.

NASB2 has a very solid stage selection compared to the stage list from the first game, which has a lot of misses.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
...and probably even more that I missed. This character is so broken, there's literally a thread in NASBcord called "Invader Zim issues" with nearly 50 posts. This is all on TOP of him having a completely unsalvageable recovery with or without GIR, which is a design issue that I don't even expect to be fixed. It's like they don't want people playing this character or something. Zim's not the only character who's broken beyond belief, either - hi, Rocko.

I'm honestly tempted to call this game's launch even worse than the first; at least then, I could pick a character and trust that I'd be able to play as them. At least I could go online then, even if the netcode was worse. I hate to be a downer, but this game does not want to be played. Really hope it recovers quickly, otherwise we'll be down to double-digit playercounts even faster than last time. This really needed another half year in the oven; same story two years later.
I'm so glad we got the Beavers so I could have a playable character from at least one all time favorite Nicktoon of mine who isn't absolute ass to play as. I am incredibly disappointed with ZIM in this game.

Look, I see what they were going for with ZIM, but not only is he broken as ****, I just flat out think he's poorly designed.
Maybe I'm bad at puppet fighters (I have similar frustrations with Rosalina, my favorite Mario character, also being a puppet fighter) but man, it feels like GIR hinders more than he helps to the point where I'm so focused on getting GIR to work that I end up running ZIM off the stage. He's borderline useless. It's fun as a novelty but I can't imagine being able to seriously play with this kit.
I mean, YEAH, it's certainly in character, but for a platform fighter where that **** should work, it's frustrating as hell. I haven't even seen any of these glitches and I'm playing the goddamn Switch version, and I still don't like ZIM and GIR in this game.

Plus he's light as hell, his moves feel weak, his recovery is so bad it should be illegal, what the **** happened here? Did they make him so weak so that he'd have to depend on GIR? If so, good to know because GIR's useless.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's also worth noting that FumbLynn, one of the best NASB1 players (and best NASB1 Lucy) and the straight up best current NASB2 player, ranks Zim as dead last on her tier list, below even Nigel and Ember, two characters with horrible issues all their own.
Screenshot_20231122-103109~2.png

So at the very least...at least Zim's "viability" is agreed on fairly unanimously.

Laniv

Smash Champion
It's also worth noting that FumbLynn, one of the best NASB1 players (and best NASB1 Lucy) and the straight up best current NASB2 player, ranks Zim as dead last on her tier list, below even Nigel and Ember, two characters with horrible issues all their own.View attachment 380938
So at the very least...at least Zim's "viability" is agreed on fairly unanimously.

Haven't gotten a chance to play the game, what exactly makes Nigel and Ember (and Zim) so bad?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's also worth noting that FumbLynn, one of the best NASB1 players (and best NASB1 Lucy) and the straight up best current NASB2 player, ranks Zim as dead last on her tier list, below even Nigel and Ember, two characters with horrible issues all their own.View attachment 380938
The fact that Reptar is up there in S+ rank warms my heart

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haven't gotten a chance to play the game, what exactly makes Nigel and Ember (and Zim) so bad?
With Zim, as posts alluded to above, he's borderline non-functional with all of the severe character-specific glitches he has.

Nigel and Ember, meanwhile, have less egregious issues that can probably be fixed more easily in one or two balance patches. Making Nigel go from one of the top five heaviest in the first game to the lightest character in this game absolutely killed his viability: he has no survivability at all. And Ember's issue I think was best described by Fumblynn: "she plays like Ike, like a heavy swordfighter...except they didn't make her heavy." Terrible frame data without any real payoff.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Nigel's actually the third-lightest character (Danny and Zim are both lighter than he is): https://wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Nickelodeon_All-Star_Brawl_2/Character_Data

But I also don't think these characters are bad simply because they're not heavy enough. I feel like by retooling Nigel to be more Jigglypuff-esque, they ended up taking away a lot of what made him good in the first game without actually giving him what makes Jigglypuff good in Smash.

He does have some strengths still, but his moveset feels a little aimless and I think there are other characters in the roster that do a better job at offering what Nigel promises.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm so glad we got the Beavers so I could have a playable character from at least one all time favorite Nicktoon of mine who isn't absolute ass to play as. I am incredibly disappointed with ZIM in this game.

Look, I see what they were going for with ZIM, but not only is he broken as ****, I just flat out think he's poorly designed.
Maybe I'm bad at puppet fighters (I have similar frustrations with Rosalina, my favorite Mario character, also being a puppet fighter) but man, it feels like GIR hinders more than he helps to the point where I'm so focused on getting GIR to work that I end up running ZIM off the stage. He's borderline useless. It's fun as a novelty but I can't imagine being able to seriously play with this kit.
I mean, YEAH, it's certainly in character, but for a platform fighter where that **** should work, it's frustrating as hell. I haven't even seen any of these glitches and I'm playing the goddamn Switch version, and I still don't like ZIM and GIR in this game.

Plus he's light as hell, his moves feel weak, his recovery is so bad it should be illegal, what the **** happened here? Did they make him so weak so that he'd have to depend on GIR? If so, good to know because GIR's useless.
I actually really like Zim in theory. GIR's great for controlling space and setting up doubles combos with yourself, and if you get a grab with him, that's a free confirm into anything you want. The problem is the character just doesn't work a good 30-40% of the time and he gets bullied so hard in disadvantage it might not even matter anyway. Begging for some buffs after these bugs get addressed, because this is genuinely the coolest character I've ever seen in a platform fighter and it'd be a damn shame if he just wallows in bottom tier for the game's life.
Well, that's vindicating.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, maybe it's because I'm more casual than competitive (and I don't care for Tier Lists), but I actually really love how Zim is in this game and how GIR works. It also probably helps that the only real bug issue I've encountered with him is the earthquake one, and that one's honestly just annoying more than anything else.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Honestly, maybe it's because I'm more casual than competitive (and I don't care for Tier Lists), but I actually really love how Zim is in this game and how GIR works. It also probably helps that the only real bug issue I've encountered with him is the earthquake one, and that one's honestly just annoying more than anything else.
Believe me, I'm used to playing Low-Tier Hero, but I at least need my favorite character to work if I'm gonna play this game more. A workable recovery would also be nice.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Believe me, I'm used to playing Low-Tier Hero, but I at least need my favorite character to work if I'm gonna play this game more. A workable recovery would also be nice.
Well, if that's your decision, that's your decision. I simply noticed that you guys were talking about your thoughts on Zim and I thought I'd chime in with my own two cents.

Top Bottom