• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Specifically the release dates. I expected the characters to come out at a much faster rate because they're essentially all done, and that leaves less time for a pack 2
How do you know these aren't placeholders? They could be giving themselves a wide enough berth to work on a pack 2 just in case.

before they are inevitably forced to rush out NASB3 in 2025.
Also please stop saying this.

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
How do you know these aren't placeholders? They could be giving themselves a wide enough berth to work on a pack 2 just in case.

Also please stop saying this.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, these look more like placeholders than actual dates

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, these look more like placeholders than actual dates
They're all the last day of the respective months. That doesn't read to me as a legit release date.

And even if these are the real release dates, staggering them out so that every character gets enough time to breathe is not a bad thing and is not evidence we're not getting more characters until they "inevitably rush out another bad game in a year".
Look at Multiversus. They were releasing characters every two weeks. This sounds great on paper, but what ended up happening was that every release being so close together meant it all blended together. No character felt like they got enough time to be "the newest character" because the next one came by immediately, and in releasing them so fast, they drained their backlog too quickly, which led to a drought in content that basically killed the game.

Having all the new DLC characters release too close together would be more of a sign nothing else is coming, because by staggering the releases further apart, this gives them more time to work on other characters. Guess who else did this? That's right, Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

But lets be real, laughin' boy would probably think there'd be no more DLC and they're going to crunch a garbage sequel in a year if they release the characters faster too. Either way, the game dies, right?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They're all the last day of the respective months. That doesn't read to me as a legit release date.

And even if these are the real release dates, staggering them out so that every character gets enough time to breathe is not a bad thing and is not evidence we're not getting more characters until they "inevitably rush out another bad game in a year".
Look at Multiversus. They were releasing characters every two weeks. This sounds great on paper, but what ended up happening was that every release being so close together meant it all blended together. No character felt like they got enough time to be "the newest character" because the next one came by immediately, and in releasing them so fast, they drained their backlog too quickly, which led to a drought in content that basically killed the game.

Having all the new DLC characters release too close together would be more of a sign nothing else is coming, because by staggering the releases further apart, this gives them more time to work on other characters. Guess who else did this? That's right, Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

But lets be real, laughin' boy would probably think there'd be no more DLC and they're going to crunch a garbage sequel in a year if they release the characters faster too. Either way, the game dies, right?
Although these characters are already pretty much done. They were worked on alongside the base roster fighters, unlike last time.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Although these characters are already pretty much done. They were worked on alongside the base roster fighters, unlike last time.
That doesn't disprove what I'm saying? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm not saying they'll still be working on Krabs, Iroh, Zuko and Rocksteady when those dates pass by, I'm saying spreading out their releases gives them time to work on a second pass from scratch,

Simply put:
More time between character releases means more time spent developing new characters.
Less time between character releases means less time spent developing new characters.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i already asked about NASB 2 because i got the switch version yesterday, are there any problems to worry about before playing?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
i already asked about NASB 2 because i got the switch version yesterday, are there any problems to worry about before playing?
A lot. The Switch version is not in the best state at this point. It's one of the reasons why I chose not to buy it myself and just stick with the first game.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Specifically the release dates. I expected the characters to come out at a much faster rate because they're essentially all done, and that leaves less time for a pack 2 before they are inevitably forced to rush out NASB3 in 2025.
My lord, shut the **** up about NASB3. Can we (and with "we" I mean YOU) PLEASE focus on the game we just got a MONTH ago?!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now that you think about it, those do seem like placeholder dates. After all they are on the last day of the month, which is a common placeholder date (December 31st is by far the most common placeholder date).

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Can someone who’s actually played the Switch version tell me how the game feels after the 1.3.0 update? I’m about to try it but I figure there would be a few people who would be able to tell the difference better than I could.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Can someone who’s actually played the Switch version tell me how the game feels after the 1.3.0 update? I’m about to try it but I figure there would be a few people who would be able to tell the difference better than I could.
same here, i owned the game on switch yet and no one has given me a good answer for what to expect in terms of glitches & bugs.

Riley didn't give me a good answer, either.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Switch-player here, and honestly, I've been enjoying the game. Granted, I believe it's still technically not at 60FPS, but honestly, it's still very much playable, and I was able to get used to the feel enough to have fun. The only real thing I'd say is that the loading times still feel a tad long, so if that's a dealbreaker, then oh well.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Had some trouble, there's a bug where the NPC characters will grab the ledge and then just stay there until you hit them. I don't know if this is new to this patch or not because it's the first time I encountered it, but it was happening pretty much every battle and even in Arcade mode.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Had some trouble, there's a bug where the NPC characters will grab the ledge and then just stay there until you hit them. I don't know if this is new to this patch or not because it's the first time I encountered it, but it was happening pretty much every battle and even in Arcade mode.
I can confirm that the CPU ledge bug has only been occurring post-patch; prior to the most recent patch, it didn't happen at all.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
NASB 2 lost to Street Fighter 6 for Best Fighting Game.

Personally, it was a toss up to either this or MK1 though it would've been appreciating if NASB 2 won
on the switch version?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Any good competitive play come out of this game lately? Still reeling from the Retro Garfield Wave Shine from Slimebox 1.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Imagine Bugs and Daffy getting in NASB2 as DLC or 3 as unlockable

People will lose their **** over it
This, plus Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse, David the Gnome, Charlie Brown, Gumby, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Tintin, Doctor Snuggles, Dennis the Menace, and Bananaman.

Nick had history with acquired programming through it's channels, that has enough material for guest fighters.

Did you know that Yogi Bear aired on Nickelodeon at one point.

Edit: adding a few more to the list.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
You know media consolidation's getting bad when Disney XD is the underdog we're rooting for.
Yeah, if the merger actually happens, you can say goodbye to a lot of Nick shows; Zaslav would absolutely mark them as tax write-offs.
To be fair, that's not too much worse than how Nick treats most of their non-SpongeBob properties already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom