• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’m frankly amazed you even think we’re getting a third game at all instead of insisting this game is going to be a catastrophic sales failure that kills the series like you did with the first one.

The devs keep referring to the DLC passes as “season (number)”. If they’re doing that it’s not unreasonable to assume that Gamemill and Nick must be on the same page if they’re even allowed to refer to it that way. These guys are very careful about how they refer to and define things under what the higher ups allow.

Look, you can have your own hunch, but the problem is you keep insisting yours is the only right one.
With our DLC fighters already being in the game and not adding any new shows, I think they want to consider season 2 so they can have a "proper" DLC season, AKA new shows and maybe a cut vet or two

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Still no sign of campaign mode.

Meanwhile, leaks going on a rampage.
wait, what the heck? how is the whole game out there and we STILL don't know much about campaign mode? you'd think someone would have showcased it by now.

heck, given how close we are to release, it's weird the DEVS haven't showcased it yet. especially since it's supposed to be a selling point of this game too.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So from my understanding of campaign: It's closer to something like Melee's adventure mode than something like Subspace or World of light, right? It looks like short levels with high replay value instead of a huge story based thing, which I think is a good thing personally.
I hope each character has their own campaign like Slap City, if only for the dialog.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
So from my understanding of campaign: It's closer to something like Melee's adventure mode than something like Subspace or World of light, right? It looks like short levels with high replay value instead of a huge story based thing, which I think is a good thing personally.
it's a rouge like inspired by Hades, it's designed to be played multiple time cover with different result s each time

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just to be clear, it's not this, right?

Nope. NASB2 has its own set of unused announcer calls, including new ones that weren't in NASB1. I don't remember all of them off the top of my head, but the list I saw had Goku in it; no idea if that's supposed to be a joke or not. Interestingly, it does note that Leonardo and Michelangelo are the only cut veterans to have announcer calls in the files. The potential implications of this terrify me.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Nope. NASB2 has its own set of unused announcer calls, including new ones that weren't in NASB1. I don't remember all of them off the top of my head, but the list I saw had Goku in it; no idea if that's supposed to be a joke or not. Interestingly, it does note that Leonardo and Michelangelo are the only cut veterans to have announcer calls in the files. The potential implications of this terrify me.
To me that screams two possibilities.

1. Leo and Mikey were pretty close to making it but were ultimately scrapped for whatever reason.

2. They're the only two veterans they have plans to bring back for the sake of completing the Turtles.

Either way, it's weird, but hey, at least it further enforces that only having half of the Turtles in the base roster was because of compromise.

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
Now that sounds interesting. Got a link? Or at least, do you remember where you saw the list?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Now that sounds interesting. Got a link? Or at least, do you remember where you saw the list?
Someone posted it in a Discord server I frequent. That list, I believe, was originally posted in the NASB Grinders server or something. Here's the one I saw:
Credit goes to ral he’s awesome and great, here’s the full list of brand new non playable announcer calls (excludes playable characters, DLC and announcer calls that were in the first game) (only cut vets with announcer calls are Leo and Mikey):
Abrasive SpongeBob, Appa, Arnold, Asami Sato, Baxter Stockman, Bolin, Bubble Bass, Bubble Buddy, Carl Wheezer, Dani Phantom, Darwin, Debbie Thornberry, Dib Membrane, Didi Pickles, Dil Pickles, Doodlebob, Ed Bighead, Flying Dutchman, Gary, Gaz Membrane, Goddard, Goku, Heffer Wolfe, Jack Fenton, Jazz Fenton, Karen, Kimi Finster, King Neptune, Larry the Lobster, La Tigresa, Leatherhead, Lil DeVille, Lucille Loud, Mako, Man Ray, Marianne Thornberry, Momo, Mrs Puff, Nermal, Patricia, Patrick Not Star, Pearl Krabs, Phil DeVille, Princess Yue, Rat King, Really Really Big Man, Sheen Estevez, Spike, Squilliam Fancyson, Steely, Suki, Tak, Tenzin, The Box Ghost, Tucker Foley

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And not only is Goku there, he's the only character on there from an unrepped IP.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Someone posted it in a Discord server I frequent. That list, I believe, was originally posted in the NASB Grinders server or something. Here's the one I saw:
Credit goes to ral he’s awesome and great, here’s the full list of brand new non playable announcer calls (excludes playable characters, DLC and announcer calls that were in the first game) (only cut vets with announcer calls are Leo and Mikey):
Abrasive SpongeBob, Appa, Arnold, Asami Sato, Baxter Stockman, Bolin, Bubble Bass, Bubble Buddy, Carl Wheezer, Dani Phantom, Darwin, Debbie Thornberry, Dib Membrane, Didi Pickles, Dil Pickles, Doodlebob, Ed Bighead, Flying Dutchman, Gary, Gaz Membrane, Goddard, Goku, Heffer Wolfe, Jack Fenton, Jazz Fenton, Karen, Kimi Finster, King Neptune, Larry the Lobster, La Tigresa, Leatherhead, Lil DeVille, Lucille Loud, Mako, Man Ray, Marianne Thornberry, Momo, Mrs Puff, Nermal, Patricia, Patrick Not Star, Pearl Krabs, Phil DeVille, Princess Yue, Rat King, Really Really Big Man, Sheen Estevez, Spike, Squilliam Fancyson, Steely, Suki, Tak, Tenzin, The Box Ghost, Tucker Foley
Leatherhead would had been dope.

Then again I love my crocodiles being my favorite animal.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A lot of these are absolutely leak deterrents (Goku, the Spongebob, Patrick and Lucy variants, Goku, Didi and Dil Pickles, Goku.), but a few of the others would be pretty badass if they actually happened.

Last edited:

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
I wonder how serious they were thinking about character swap alts or clone characters (like Alph or echo fighters) with choices like Abrasive SpongeBob, Patrick Not Star, and Dani Phantom.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dil Pickles
On the other hand, Dil is the one case where they should absolutely 100% go for the AGU version if they're seriously thinking about him.

i'd rather not though

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I somehow misinterpreted Leatherhead as Leatherface. That'd be a hell of a way to throw people off the scent.

Top Bottom