• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Though from what we can tell, the 98% figure is a bit of an exaggeration. For example, Spongebob keeps most of his moves from the previous game (so its not like every character is getting overhauled), and they stated that Jenny's model is her NASB1 model with enhancements. Its not like they're scrapping everything, there's clearly still asset reuse.
It's already confirmed that game mechanics and code are part of the 98%

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Though from what we can tell, the 98% figure is a bit of an exaggeration. For example, Spongebob keeps most of his moves from the previous game (so its not like every character is getting overhauled), and they stated that Jenny's model is her NASB1 model with enhancements. Its not like they're scrapping everything, there's clearly still asset reuse.
But they've still been reanimated and likely rebalanced somewhat, so it's still nearly the same amount of work as making brand new moves.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I guess that depends on whether you assume they're rebuilding the moves from scratch or just importing the old moves and tweaking them. I assumed the former.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since "stage theory" is such a hot topic, how about we speculate actual stages? Do you guys think Hardcore Chores, Traffic Jam, and Wild Waterfall are back? What about the Beavers' stage(s)?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Since "stage theory" is such a hot topic, how about we speculate actual stages? Do you guys think Hardcore Chores, Traffic Jam, and Wild Waterfall are back? What about the Beavers' stage(s)?
Personally I believe the only stages that will get axed are the truly attrocious ones.

For Nigel I don't really think there's much else you could do for a fitting stage unless you want to fight exclusively on top of the Comvee as like, a herd of Elephants are running by, but I'd prefer the static stage design as opposed to another Traffic Jam.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Personally I believe the only stages that will get axed are the truly attrocious ones.

For Nigel I don't really think there's much else you could do for a fitting stage unless you want to fight exclusively on top of the Comvee as like, a herd of Elephants are running by, but I'd prefer the static stage design as opposed to another Traffic Jam.
An African Savannah would make for a great second stage, though we can't lose Wild Waterfall. It had so much character!
There's actually a lot of ideas they could do for more Thornberrys stages, given they travel around the world.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
An animal stampede would be an awesome stage. I personally consider Wild Waterfall the least fun stage in the game (yes, more than Space Madness and Glove World) so I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I hope Traffic Jam makes it back. It’s a fun stage and fits the series it’s from.
The other two, eh. Hardcore Chores looks cool but is impossible to make a knockout on, and Wild Waterfall I can take or leave. As long as Space Madness is gone, I’m good.

For the Beavers, I’ve always theorized either the Dam (akin to Tomodachi Life where you can fight in different rooms), Discorama from Beaver Fever or the B-Movie dimension from the Halloween special. As you know, I want more than one Beaver so I had to think up more than one stage.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally I'm not a huge fan of Traffic jam, it's not that fun to play on and imo it's a bit too generic. That being said, if stage theory is still true
I'm sure it will be back because I doubt they're making 2 new Hey Arnold stages.

I think Wild waterfall should stay, it's actually one of my favorite stage visually. Hardcore chores I wouldn't mind a change but I have a feeling it will stay because it was the last stage made for the first game and at that point they probably already had the sequel in mind so they'll probably just stick with it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Personally I'm not a huge fan of Traffic jam, it's not that fun to play on and imo it's a bit too generic. That being said, if stage theory is still true
I'm sure it will be back because I doubt they're making 2 new Hey Arnold stages.

I think Wild waterfall should stay, it's actually one of my favorite stage visually. Hardcore chores I wouldn't mind a change but I have a feeling it will stay because it was the last stage made for the first game and at that point they probably already had the sequel in mind so they'll probably just stick with it.
That assumes that Helga is cut.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
That assumes that Helga is cut.
Every character has their own stage, but a franchise's characters can exceed its' stages (but not the other way around). That being said, stage theory has lined up very well so far, so who knows! I can see them making 3 Hey Arnold stages,

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do think Traffic Jam will come back. Even beyond a logistic sense, it was a very popular casual stage in the first game.

Not a huge fan of the layout of Hardcore Chores tbh, but I wouldn't mind it coming back. In general I think it, Tremorton Joyride, and Duck Duck Pie will probably come back for the same reason I think Hugh will come back: NASB1 DLC was probably developed at least partially concurrently with NASB2 base game.

Wild Waterfall, while I like it from a visual perspective, as it nailed the look of the source material, it's not a good stage. Not nearly as bad as Space Madness and Teeter Totter Gulch, in my eyes, but still not good. And it's funny because The Wild Thornberrys is one of the easiest series to justify having a competitive stage layout making sense in-universe: have the platforms and stage be up in a rain forest canopy, made up of tree limbs and vines. I'd also love to see the pressure sensitive Distant Planet platforms as they'd make a ton of sense there.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't know, I felt the log gimmick gave Wild Waterfall a lot of character, and made it feel very alive. I'd rather the Wild Thornberry's get another stage alongside WW rather than replacing it.

We can also have our cake and eat it too. Have the existing version be the casual version, and have the competitive variant be your canopy idea where you can see the waterfall in the background.

Unlike Space Madness, I've never seen anyone complain about it, either.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think Wild Waterfall has potential, but is too vertical and would be more fun if the main areas of play weren't so close to the blastzones. I actually really like the canopy treetop idea with the pressure-sensitive platforms; that'd be just as unique and a lot more conducive to engaging gameplay.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know, I felt the log gimmick gave Wild Waterfall a lot of character, and made it feel very alive. I'd rather the Wild Thornberry's get another stage alongside WW rather than replacing it.

We can also have our cake and eat it too. Have the existing version be the casual version, and have the competitive variant be your canopy idea where you can see the waterfall in the background.

Unlike Space Madness, I've never seen anyone complain about it, either.
I'm not expecting that unless we're getting a second Wild Thornberrys rep.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I hope the competitive alt form stages aren't the only competitive stages, either that or each stage has a different set of layouts rather than just the ones we saw on Harmonic. Does look good for the latter option now we've seen classic Rooftop though.

EDIT:

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I hope the competitive alt form stages aren't the only competitive stages, either that or each stage has a different set of layouts rather than just the ones we saw on Harmonic.

EDIT:
Looks like we got more leaks coming in, because this I believe is the guy who leaked the official cover art.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The model got a nice upgrade as expected, and his moveset is definitely more faithful to his kit now, which I'm very happy about, though I'll say that just like with April some of his animations look pretty unpolished, though iirc the devs say this is an older build so hopefully they'll get fixed before release... especially that awkward idle stance lol. Doesn't fit him at all.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Now that Aang has more bending moves than just Air, I'm curious to know what's been done with Korra to differentiate them.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Seems they took a middle ground to revising Aang. He's still an up-close combo based fighter, but has a few extra defensive options and projectile/disjoint attacks. Best thing they could've done IMO.
Okay, wow. Aang actually looks like the Avatar he's meant to be!
  • His taunt looks better to me. His face is a lot less creepy looking lol.
  • Giving Aang an extra jump and more mobility in the air is one of the best changes and fits the last airbender perfectly.
  • Side special seems to be a pretty good "get off me" tool which fits Aang to a T since Aang has a more evasive fighting style in the show.
  • It seems like his neutral special can at least be cancelled out of with a dodge while charging.
  • Love that Aang gets to use his staff in his down special. That smile he has while charging the move just shows how much more expressive he is compared to the first game!
  • So wait, if his up special is the glider, and the other specials are from the other elements, then what move is his air ball he rides on?
  • From what I can tell, all of Aang's light attacks are derived from his airbending, while the strong versions encorporate more of the other elements.
  • For his super, could it really be anything else besides his Avatar state? Also, it looks phenomenal.
Overall, I was not expecting to be this excited to play as Aang! Also, pure unsourced speculation here, but Aang's showcase could be indicative that Azula will be the next fighter revealed.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Aang definitely had one of the... weirder movesets in NASB1, so I'm happy to see him get a decent revamp here. Makes me curious to see what they did with Korra.

Interesting that they gave him a Sheik-like projectile. Wondering if he'll get any combos off of the aerial version like she does in 4/Ultimate.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aang looks so much better now!

Also, for some speculation, I think it's interesting that they gave Aang an earthbending move that specifically doesn't resemble anything Toph does at all. It's a minor thing, but it gives me a little more confidence in Toph returning.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Even if I would've changed him more, I definitely appreciate the improvements to Aang's kit. I'm glad they also kept the Air Scooter and Glider specials. Making him defensive feels MUCH more true to his character.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Damn I was so focused on his gameplay that I didn't even notice they gave him his season 3 design as an alt lmao.

Him and Korra (her especially) have some pretty good alt potential so I'm looking forward to seeing what else they gave them.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Not much of an Avatar guy but Aang definitely looks better and has a much more natural kit. Though I don’t recall seeing any earth bending, is that his weakest bending style or something?
Arguably yes. Generally, Avatars have difficulty learning the bending style that's opposite to their natural element. Airbending is all about freeform, manuverability, and a lack of direct contact, among many other things. Earthbending, however, is about facing things head-on and standing your ground like a boulder, which is why Aang had trouble learning it at first. His earthbending is still good, and by the end of the series its' GREAT, but it makes sense that it'd be his weakest element.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Feel like we might be getting azula soon but I guess you never know

Last edited:
Top Bottom