• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Both of your examples look extremely boring, to be honest. What bothers me is that they're taking away a lot of the actually interesting stages and replacing them with generic-ass flat with two platforms stages. 1 already had a good balance of both, we shouldn't have to sacrifice memorable stages for the sake of tournaments that 5% of the playebase is actually interested in. Seriously, you guys would think that vanilla ice cream is too spicy for you.

Seriously, nobody ever ******* about Onett, and that actually has hazards. Why should people be ******** about the House?

And look at both Danny Phantom stages we've seen. Both big, wide, flat platforms with nothing else. Completely wasted potential.

Why do you even care? You're not forced to play on this stage, nor does it ever appear during serious matches. A lot of these exist as crazy stages to have fun on. isn't that in the spirit of Nickelodeon? Its one god damn walk-off in a game full of tournament fodder. Its not gonna kill you...

Also, hot take, but Reptar Ruins has to be one of the worst replacements thus far. Alongside the layout, the concept is way too deep of a cut to be the sole Rugrats stage, and yet its generic enough that you have to be told its a Rugrats stage. At least in 1, Reptar himself represented the Reptar side of things, while Teeter Totter represented the babies, and the regular world of Rugrats. A decent balance. This game throws it out the window. This has to be the poorest representation of Rugrats I've ever seen. Look, I have a lot of respect for the devs, but they do make their fair share of questionable decisions.

Moral of the story: "I don't like it" =/= It should be cut for everyone

Something I'll give WWW props on, though, was an idea he had a couple of months back. Every stage has both a casual and competitive variant. BOOM! Everyone wins! And that only adds, it doesn't take away. Harmonic Convergence has this, so I hope some of the other stages do, too!

Its' amazing that a couple of dumb programming bugs from over 20 years ago are still having frustrating repercussions to this very day.
Honestly I wasn't going to respond to most of this but man...

...Onett's hazards have literally been the source of complaints since Melee lol. The only reason there aren't more complaints is because Brawl and especially Smash 4 introduced even more egregiously unfun stages that took the brunt of the complaints.

In a game with Great Cave Offensive, nobody is batting much of an eye at Onett.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's like this game is taking the Multiversus approach to stages rather than the Smash approach.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Honestly I wasn't going to respond to most of this but man...

...Onett's hazards have literally been the source of complaints since Melee lol. The only reason there aren't more complaints is because Brawl and especially Smash 4 introduced even more egregiously unfun stages that took the brunt of the complaints.

In a game with Great Cave Offensive, nobody is batting much of an eye at Onett.
Except that Loud House doesn't HAVE Onett's hazards. What reason is there to complain other than "it doesn't tickle my tournament funnies"? It's not a stage meant for serious matches, its' meant for players to have fun. Why can't people accept that?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Except that Loud House doesn't HAVE Onett's hazards. What reason is there to complain other than "it doesn't tickle my tournament funnies"? It's not a stage meant for serious matches, its' meant for players to have fun. Why can't people accept that?
Yeah. It's pretty much Onett, but without the cars. Not every stage needs to be competitive friendly, as that would be boring.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean...people have been very clear in telling you why.

The sheer size of it and its status as a walkoff.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I mean...people have been very clear in telling you why.

The sheer size of it and its status as a walkoff.
But it has plenty of merits as well. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't deserve to be cut, nor do you have to use it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But it has plenty of merits as well. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't deserve to be cut, nor do you have to use it.
Yeah, but conversely you've done nothing but try to belittle those who don't like the stage this entire time.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yeah, but conversely you've done nothing but try to belittle those who don't like the stage this entire time.
I don't mind if you don't like the stage, I'm just annoyed that you're all saying it should be cut for another cut-and-paste competitive stage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't mind if you don't like the stage, I'm just annoyed that you're all saying it should be cut for another cut-and-paste competitive stage.
...And likewise, saying things like "yet another cut and paste competitive stage," "you'd prefer boring plateaus," and saying that "a couple of Melee glitches ruined the game" shows a LOT more venom and animosity than people being like "I don't like the Loud House stage and wouldn't mind it being gone."

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
a couple of Melee glitches ruined the game
That was more of a criticism of the unintended negative effect Melee had, from the accommodations years down the line that Nintendo's needed to make due to its' impact (a big one being the production of GCN controller adapters just for Smash), along with it competing with itself when it comes to tournaments and fan expectations.

"you'd prefer boring plateaus,
I'll admit, I was getting too aggressive there. I'm just frustrated that these samey stage designs tend to be the ones that win out over unique ones.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just popping in to say the reason I got into this game wasn't for the wavedashing and infinite labbing of Discord players

I got into it because I can make the funny sponge man fight a blind little girl who chucks rocks at people while a half-ghost superhero and farting cat duke it out on the other side

In other words I got into Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for the Nickelodeon characters and locales.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
infinite labbing of Discord players
Hey I already said plenty of times I don't wanna do that. I wanna go to tournaments in person. And, ironically, "lol smash clone with no items" ALSO killed most of this game's tournament scene.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just because a stage is designed for "serious matches" doesn't mean it's not meant to be fun, and on the flip side, just because a stage is designed for people to "have fun" doesn't mean everyone's gonna find it fun. Every stage is designed for people to have fun, I have enough faith in these devs to believe they didn't put something in either game with the intention of people not enjoying it. I don't even play in tournaments, nor do I like playing competitive in any game. I just like a straight fight without any obstacles or distractions; that's what I find fun.
That was more of a criticism of the unintended negative effect Melee had, from the accommodations years down the line that Nintendo's needed to make due to its' impact (a big one being the production of GCN controller adapters just for Smash), along with it competing with itself when it comes to tournaments and fan expectations.
I'd consider that a symptom of Nintendo not producing any better controllers for the better part of 20 years. Only the Switch Pro Controller comes close, and even that's prone to long-term durability issues.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I actually agree with the music in Ember's trailer being for a Teenage Robot stage; the opening riffs sound very similar to the first few lines of the MLaaTR theme song; they probably thought a more rock-based theme would be appropriate than the likely more synth or atmospheric themes that will likely come with Danny Phantom stages.

...I'll admit I really hope the Ghost Zone theme does return.
if it does return i hope new version of its theme sounds something similar to this

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
if it does return i hope new version of its theme sounds something similar to this
It's an interesting take on the track though I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the take on it. It's got an almost MvC2 quality with the piano which I don't think fits Danny Phantom, like, at all.

By all means if you like it though, more power to you. I personally prefer the more synth-heavy original version.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Losing Tremerton Joyride would be a shame, it was one of the most beautifully crafted stages int he game.
I thought you hated squares with floating platforms above them? I should mention that Tremorton is pretty directly copied from the Mario Sunshine stage in PM

plenty of basic competitive stuff replacing the stuff with soul (like Reptar Ruins)
Have you even seen that stage? It's huge and has raining fireballs.

Its' amazing that a couple of dumb programming bugs from over 20 years ago are still having frustrating repercussions to this very day.
Even if Smash was utter crap like it is now from day one, people would still try to play it competitively, and they would eventually land on no-items-flat-stages as the optimal style for serious battles. If items being bad for competitive play was only because of Melee tech, then the other official Smash games would have items legal.

I actually do love the bat**** insane Smash stages like Pac-Land and Venom just as much as I love the comp stages, both with and without items, and do lament how other platform fighters tend to not make stages as ridiculous, but they're not "the" definitive way to play the game, even in modern Smash, and are not at all essential to the genre, same with items.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Ok so idk if it’s common knowledge in this thread or not that the person who leaked the box arts originally also proved to have known who the remaining newcomers were before we actually found out about them
IMG_1427.jpeg

Anyways, they just made another post, and I don’t really know how to decipher it myself but I’ll see what y’all think of it

IMG_1426.jpeg
Important to note this is the first time any of their posts has directly referenced the missing veterans

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ok so idk if it’s common knowledge in this thread or not that the person who leaked the box arts originally also proved to have known who the remaining newcomers were before we actually found out about them

Anyways, they just made another post, and I don’t really know how to decipher it myself but I’ll see what y’all think of it

Important to note this is the first time any of their posts has directly referenced the missing veterans
how did he manage to replicate the jimmy neutron 2d promo art aesthetic so perfectly.

If this is 100% true, I really like how Gerald gets to be part of the main gang.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Apparently the evil ones are the ones that are being cut.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

So either those are the cut one or the returning vets, but in both case we're apparently getting 3 out of 4 turtles? How those that even make sense lmao.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know, I was thinking about this last night after Ember's reveal, but I honestly wish the artwork leak didn't happen, because it effectively robbed me of the experience of learning that characters I enjoyed were playable in the game.

Like, I feel like had I learned about both El Tigre and Ember through their reveal trailers, I might've had a similar reaction of excitement that I had for Sonic's reveal in Brawl, Greninja's reveal in Smash 4, and the reveals of Everyone is Here, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Sora in Ultimate. Or in the context of the first All-Star Brawl, the reveal of Jenny as the first DLC.

But instead, thanks to that leak, once it became clear that it was legit, I already knew that the likes of El Tigre, Ember, and Azula were gonna be in the game beforehand, so instead of getting an excited reaction for characters I thought were cool/underrated/unexpected, I'm instead just waiting for them to be made official and to see what their movesets are like.

So TLDR, I honestly wish the image leak didn't happen so I could have a reaction to these characters that feels a bit more genuine.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So either those are the cut one or the returning vets, but in both case we're apparently getting 3 out of 4 turtles? How those that even make sense lmao.
Possible that it’s a reversal
Like the characters shown here aren’t playable and including Leo in turn includes Mikey too or something

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Possible that it’s a reversal
Like the characters shown here aren’t playable and including Leo in turn includes Mikey too or something
That means that of the missing veterans we're only keeping Lincoln, CatDog, Oblina, and Shredder. Well, at least we won't have two entire series cut from the game if this is the case.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I read it the other way honestly, as in these at the ones staying
There's a second Loud House stage that, assuming Stage Theory still exists, means that either Lincoln is staying or we're getting a TLH newcomer that wasn't leaked.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't see how anyone can spring to the conclusion that these characters, specifically, are cut when they include Helga, who was leaked through the website, and even Hugh who, while not as concrete, was backed by PapaGenos's source.

It just feels like excessive doomerism.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey can y’all stop calling us doomers for simply speculating? It was annoying weeks ago and it’s annoying now
There's speculation, and there's insisting that a character that was literally leaked by an official source was cut. Like...come on lol.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
There's speculation, and there's insisting that a character that was literally leaked by an official source was cut. Like...come on lol.
Possible = Insisting now ig
And if you’re referring to Riley why? Have you not been keeping up with how they tend to be in the speculation scene?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Possible = Insisting now ig
And if you’re referring to Riley why? Have you not been keeping up with how they tend to be in the speculation scene?
I know how they are. That's why I always make a post to the contrary in the vain hope that they'll acknowledge how they're being.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

Interesting. I was wondering who the person was who originally leaked all of that stuff. It's weird that he's saying how Plankton is the one who's turning characters into slaves when Vlad is gonna be the main villain. Maybe the evil syndicate from Nicktoons Unite/Globs of Doom are making a comeback? I believe that we'll eventually recieve a trailer that will go more in depth into what the story mode entails, and that is when we will see a huge bulk of the missing veterans shown off.

However, I don't think all of the veterans we see here are the ones that will be returning. Specifically, I believe that Helga, Hugh, Leonardo, and Sandy will be returning, alongside Lincoln and Michelangelo instead of Toph and Powdered Toast Man.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
i am so damn happy this game got leaked. i hate hype so much. i'd rather have cut doomposting over hype any day of the week. i want to see funny grandma, go "ah that's cool", and be done with it

Last edited:
Top Bottom