• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
This is the stage I'm referring to. The closest thing I can think of is the episode of Danny Phantom where Danny first meets the Ghost King.
Yup, this stage is the inside of Pariah Dark's castle.

Anyways, I honestly wasn't expecting to see another character reveal so soon! Ember looks fantastic!!! I definitely want to play as her, she looks so funnnn.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like Pariah Dark's castle is a stage too, so we now have two new Danny Phantom stages. Also, it's Ember's very first time being playable in a Nicktoons crossover game and the first time that Danny Phantom's had more than one rep in a Nicktoons crossover game since Globs of Doom in 2008.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Sickass choice, being real. If it were any other DP character I probably wouldn't have cared.

Assuming Vlad isn't playable, that squares off two DP stages. Stage theory is still in the running.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sickass choice, being real. If it were any other DP character I probably wouldn't have cared.

Assuming Vlad isn't playable, that squares off two DP stages. Stage theory is still in the running.
If we see the Ghost Zone stage (from NASB1) in a future trailer that would confirm that Vlad is indeed playable if Stage Theory is still a thing.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ember was one of my most wanted, so I'm very thrilled about this! Not a huge fan of the stage choice, though. They should've given her an actual concert stage. I know stages aren't always perfectly matched, but it would've made for more visual variety, along for making a very cool environment to fight in! Like who wouldn't want an actual concert with crazy lights and excitement?! Still, it did get representation through her super, which is awesome!

1694098468989.png

Also, this had better be her losing animation!

1694098586695.gif

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We're likely getting Ember's showcase tomorrow, along with Danny's showcase next week.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I wonder how they'll handle her alts, since aside from her pirate outfit from Pirate Radio there's no other official outfits they can pull from.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Ember looks fun, her models is pretty good too, especially compared to Danny in the first game. The music is again pretty good this time too, at least it's fitting for a fight.

Also at this point I feel like Ember pretty much killed Luna Loud chances, I don't see Them doing another rockstar music based moveset. If we get a Loud house rep as DLC, I'm betting it's Luan.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, kinda regret posting what I just did. I still think veterans are unlikely, and that you shouldn't go in expecting any of them to be back until they're for a fact confirmed or leaked in an image.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Granted, we at least have some evidence that they could be back:

1. Stage theory is holding up so far. Combine that with two Loud House stages and no TLH newcomers on the key art and that supports Lincoln.

2. PapaGenos' sources informing him that Hugh is in (supposedly the same sources that brought the key art leak)

3. Helga's 404'd character page.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
OK, kinda regret posting what I just did. I still think veterans are unlikely, and that you shouldn't go in expecting any of them to be back until they're for a fact confirmed or leaked in an image.
The only ones who have anything pointing to their inclusion are Hugh (possibly leaked by PapaGenos himself), Helga (who was accidentally leaked through datamining of the website), and Lincoln (a second TLH stage has been revealed and there are no TLH newcomers in the leaked splash art).

darkvortex

Smash Champion

1. Stage theory is holding up so far. Combine that with two Loud House stages and no TLH newcomers on the key art and that supports Lincoln.

2. PapaGenos seeing Hugh's model in the game.

the Genos thing is mixing up two stories I think. He only said his source had told him about Hugh. The models he saw where the newcomers

LimeTH

Smash Lord
And it's looking like it's even more likely that Lucy won't be TLH's only rep.
Either that or for some reason Loud Castle is Grandma Gertie's home stage.
Three minutes apart. That's gotta be a new record.

2. PapaGenos seeing Hugh's model in the game.

PapaGenos ever find out more about that GIR model he saw?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ironically Lincoln is actually the most likely missing veteran to return, despite him being the missing veteran the community wants to see back the least. We're getting two TLH stages and it's more and more likely that Stage Theory is indeed a thing for this game now that a second Danny Phantom stage is confirmed which combined with the splash art not leaking any TLH newcomers makes it very much a given that Lincoln is indeed returning.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the missing veteran the community wants to see back the least
I dunno, he seems to be the most wanted veteran from what I've seen around. Not sure where all this support was when everyone was making fun of him and starting polls for the specific purpose of having him ranked last during NASB 1 pre/launch.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I dunno, he seems to be the most wanted veteran from what I've seen around. Not sure where all this support was when everyone was making fun of him during NASB 1 pre/launch.
On a poll for which missing veteran the fans want to see back Lincoln placed dead last. CatDog won, unsurprisingly.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ironically Lincoln is actually the most likely missing veteran to return, despite him being the missing veteran the community wants to see back the least. We're getting two TLH stages and it's more and more likely that Stage Theory is indeed a thing for this game now that a second Danny Phantom stage is confirmed which combined with the splash art not leaking any TLH newcomers makes it very much a given that Lincoln is indeed returning.
And factor in TLH is Nick's second biggest cash cow (Third if counting Paw Patrol for Nick as a whole).

Bad reception or not from the polls. I just don't see Nick removing the protag of their second largest franchise.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
First off I'm honestly shocked that they got Tara Strong back as iirc Ember got recast later in the series. That's a big budget pick. Her moveset is really cool looking, not that I expected different considering her character design.

As for the new stage I'll admit as much as I loved that episode two stages in the Ghost Zone in front of lairs of iconic ghosts are kinda boring visual wise. I really wish they'd have diversified and done one Ghost Zone and one Amity Park stage. Assuming Vlad is playable and Ghost Zone returns via stage theory we'd have three stages with a very similar aesthetic.

Stage Theory wise, I find it hard to believe a certain show would get as many stages as characters allegedly I'm the game considering most of it takes place in the same neighborhood. I think that one of those characters may not actually be in the game, and it's the one we haven't seen.

Stop regurgitating the same things other people, and yourself, on the same goddamn page, four posts ago, said. If you have nothing new to add or no personal perspective, don't post. It's that simple. Find something else to do with your life than endlessly make pointless posts in this thread.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I wasn't a fan of Lincoln in the first game, but seeing that they're doing moveset overhaul I would be curious to see him back. The biggest problem he had is that half is moveset is yoyo based despite the yoyo only being used in one episode.

I actually think he have a lot of potential but in the first game you could tell that Nick forced them to add him and they didn't care about him at all and were mostly excited to make a moveset for the vampire girl.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
PapaGenos ever find out more about that GIR model he saw?
Not yet, unfortunately. He hasn't made any NASB videos lately aside from the El Tigre reaction.

Stage Theory wise, I find it hard to believe a certain show would get as many stages as characters allegedly I'm the game considering most of it takes place in the same neighborhood. I think that one of those characters may not actually be in the game, and it's the one we haven't seen.
There's plenty of unique locales around Hillwood, and seeing as the team isn't afraid to make very visually similar stages (despite "visual variety" being an excuse they've used on the past), we could easily get a San Lorenzo stage as well.

Honestly I wasn't a fan of Lincoln in the first game, but seeing that they're doing moveset overhaul I would be curious to see him back. The biggest problem he had is that half is moveset is yoyo based despite the yoyo only being used in one episode.

I actually think he have a lot of potential but in the first game you could tell that Nick forced them to add him and they didn't care about him at all and were mostly excited to make a moveset for the vampire girl.
Not just one episode, one SCENE of one episode! And yeah, you can tell his moveset is very phoned-in compared to Lucy's (and the only move that has a lot of soul to it is card scatter). Which is a shame, there's actually a lot of material to pull from for him, such as Ace Savvy, David Steele, his Magic performances, and all sorts of other things. His NASB1 moveset feels like "generic little boy" and not "Lincoln Loud". He never even uses half of the stuff in his kit (spinning top, baseball bat, etc) in the actual show. I hope they rework his moveset with all of this in mind!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First off I'm honestly shocked that they got Tara Strong back as iirc Ember got recast later in the series. That's a big budget pick. Her moveset is really cool looking, not that I expected different considering her character design.

As for the new stage I'll admit as much as I loved that episode two stages in the Ghost Zone in front of lairs of iconic ghosts are kinda boring visual wise. I really wish they'd have diversified and done one Ghost Zone and one Amity Park stage. Assuming Vlad is playable and Ghost Zone returns via stage theory we'd have three stages with a very similar aesthetic.

Stop regurgitating the same things other people, and yourself, on the same goddamn page, four posts ago, said. If you have nothing new to add or no personal perspective, don't post. It's that simple. Find something else to do with your life than endlessly make pointless posts in this thread.
If you're referring to the show I think you are, I don't really see how that's relevant. Even if you go with the most basic choices (which NASB typically doesn't even do), you could very easily reach three stages for Hey Arnold with Traffic Jam returning (Helga), PS-118 (Gerald), and the Boarding House, be it the interior or the roof (Gertie).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If you're referring to the show I think you are, I don't really see how that's relevant. Even if you go with the most basic choices (which NASB typically doesn't even do), you could very easily reach three stages for Hey Arnold with Traffic Jam returning (Helga), PS-118 (Gerald), and the Boarding House, be it the interior or the roof (Gertie).
You are correct, I'm just on mobile with my garbage phone so spoilering is a bit more of a pain.

I guess I'm more worried than anything that they would just go with a bunch of similarly visual'd stuff considering they're showing they aren't afraid to do so here what with the two DP stages.

As you say their are many creative options. I'd just like to be more confident they'll go with them. I mean, despite having an many more iconic locations in the first game they still went with "floating food dream sequence" twice. I realize said stage was supposed to be very much a representation of Hugh as a character but it's inconsistent at best regarding which characters get a stage specifically tailored to themselves.

If they do end up having multiple new stages for said series, I honestly hope they have one based on that iconic Christmas episode. That one still makes me tear up all these years later.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
We have a (we think) Rugrats stage and no newvomer so it's possible we get some extra stages or stage theory isn't real. Or it's replacing Teeter Totter Gulch

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We have a (we think) Rugrats stage and no newvomer so it's possible we get some extra stages or stage theory isn't real. Or it's replacing Teeter Totter Gulch
I think Teeter Totter Gulch is just straight up gone. Same with Space Madness.

They were just like...literally unplayable stages. They made 75m look like Battlefield.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
There is literally no evidence for or against stage theory. Just well... baseless theories. Literally any announcement related to stages could be perceived for or against stage theory.

1. There will be more stages than fighters "Well, they're counting the alternate competitive form stages"
  2. There will be less stages than fighters "Well, TMNT is the sole exception to stage theory like last game"
  3. Introducing the Expired Cow's homestage, Fred's mirror! "Yeah, well only the Expired Cow and the Expired Cow alone has a home stage"
  4. Stage theory is not real "Well, Loch Loud must still be Lincoln's stage since the movie is about his arc!"
  5. Stage theory is real "They just mean NASB 1!"
  6. Introducing the new Ed Bighead stage where you fight atop flies and floating shards of shattered plates, please note that Ed Bighead is not playable "Well, it must be Bev or Rachel's stage!"
I can go on and on and on and on.

That being said, IMO, I'd rather not have stage theory be true - I like having miscellaneous stages like game shows, I generally find stages more interesting than fighters, and it'd be fun to have extra stages for one-rep shows like Rocko, Zim, and Teenage Robot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom