• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’m slowly losing hope that any of the missing veterans are back. They keep being no shows in any of the trailers or showcases (besides the NASB1 footage in the first trailer).

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I’m slowly losing hope that any of the missing veterans are back. They keep being no shows in any of the trailers or showcases (besides the NASB1 footage in the first trailer).
yuki.png

You don't need to bring this up every single showcase. This was the first time Lucy's shown up in one, seven showcases deep. They're obviously still slowly working up showing off characters.

Just wait and see if we get another trailer or something, I am begging you to stop with the constant doomer posts.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
...and a Spirit Bomb as her super? Really the worst we've seen thus far. It doesn't make any sense for her to be doing. They couldve given her a move like Phoenix Wright's Level 3 where she interviews the person she's fighting and stuns them by asking them how they feel about getting thrashed on Live TV, resulting in them exploding in anger or shock for the damage. Huge missed potential there.
Because it’s funny, not surprised the anti Hugh person doesn’t jive with it

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 377285

You don't need to bring this up every single showcase. This was the first time Lucy's shown up in one, seven showcases deep. They're obviously still slowly working up showing off characters.

Just wait and see if we get another trailer or something, I am begging you to stop with the constant doomer posts.
I concur. Obviously, we're gonna get through all of the characters we already know about before we begin to get into the veterans who may or may not be cut. We still need showcases for Danny, Lucy, Nigel, Garfield, Rocko, Jenny, Donatello, Reptar, Zim, Aang, Korra, and Ren & Stimpy; not to mention all of the newcomers that have yet to be revealed. With so many characters set to be announced and showcased, why bother worrying about the others right now? They'll come when they come; and if they don't, then no amount of anxiousness over their return would have changed that.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Because it’s funny, not surprised the anti Hugh person doesn’t jive with it
I am not anti-Hugh, I just think it was stupid to put him in before Jimmy.

My idea would be funny and actually fit the character and would make actual sense with what she canonically can do. I despise when games make up something new for an established character when they already have plenty of material to work with.

Frankly speaking this seems lazy for a super too, character hits with big object works for Patrick, not April.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Hugh gets in that his super would be sending the opponent to the shadow realm.
Me too. However, with his character in mind, I would frame it as Hugh is fiddling with a remote Jimmy invented, he slips on the banana that changed his life forever, the remote hits the ground, malfunctions, and sucks the opponents into the "shadow realm" with Hugh watching on the side lines, maybe eating a pie or something

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming I agree, April's animations look off....they look lower quality than the rest of the cast, specially her idle pose.
I'm hoping it's just an older build and her final animations are of better quality.

That said, do you guys think this game will sell/do well? I think looking at how polished this game looks compared to the first game and most other platform fighters, i could see it becoming popular, specially with Smash beign in a "hiatus" right now, people who like platform fighters might want to check it out since outside Rivals 2 and this, there's not much going on with the genere right now.
I wish there were more platform fighters in general, i'm not a big of a fan of traditional fighters.
That said, i'm not a hardcore nickelodeon fan, but if this game keeps me engaged until the next smash game comes out like PSASBR (Playstation All-Stars) did back in the day, then the game would have succed for me, regardless of sales.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That said, do you guys think this game will sell/do well?
I am very pessimistic about it. Only the new SpongeBob characters' showcases have been able to accumulate the views NASB1 trailers could, and I still see people acting like this is an even bigger scam than $70 annual Madden/FIFA games and/or that it still lacks items.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I am very pessimistic about it. Only the new SpongeBob characters' showcases have been able to accumulate the views NASB1 trailers could, and I still see people acting like this is an even bigger scam than $70 annual Madden/FIFA games and/or that it still lacks items.
Haven't all except about 3 or 4 of the showcases so far been SpongeBob characters?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm fairly confident at the very least in terms of missing veterans. Hugh, and Lincoln are at least in.

Hugh since PapaGenos said he's back and Lincoln. He maybe the most hated character from the previous game based on polls but he's the protagonist of Nick's second-biggest cash cow (Or third if take Paw Patrol into account but my point still stands). They are not cutting him out. On top of that with stage theory in mind, we got Loch Loud. I don't know what other Loud would fit into that stage.

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Really? That's not a good sign, but remember, youtubers could still advertise the game if it ends up begin as good as it looks, so it's not all lost.
After 5 years of playing Ultimate, i'd just like to play a new platform fighter at this point, Multiversus looked promising, but sadly it went down fast and honestly i doubt they'll be able to save the game in the relaunch. (I hope they do)
NASB1 had a similar fate.
So if this game meets the same fate as NASB1 and Multiversus, then there will be nothing until Rivals 2, and good knows when that game will be out.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And yes before I thought Lincoln may have been cut but it just wouldn't add up despite being the most hated player from the previous game given what I said.

The Loud House. Nick's second (Third if you count Paw Patrol) biggest franchise.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
April looks... fine. I didn't find her all that interesting in the first game, and she looks to be more of the same here. I'm not a fan of how her cool epic ratings mechanic, which the devs hyped up to be the best thing since underwear the first time, still only applies to one move in her kit. That to me is really boring and makes the mechanic feel tacked onto a character who doesn't really need it. At least the flip kick looks neat.
And yeah, the Spirit Bomb super does seem kinda forced. Does anyone like April as much as the devs do?
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming I agree, April's animations look off....they look lower quality than the rest of the cast, specially her idle pose.
I'm hoping it's just an older build and her final animations are of better quality.

That said, do you guys think this game will sell/do well? I think looking at how polished this game looks compared to the first game and most other platform fighters, i could see it becoming popular, specially with Smash beign in a "hiatus" right now, people who like platform fighters might want to check it out since outside Rivals 2 and this, there's not much going on with the genere right now.
I wish there were more platform fighters in general, i'm not a big of a fan of traditional fighters.
That said, i'm not a hardcore nickelodeon fan, but if this game keeps me engaged until the next smash game comes out like PSASBR (Playstation All-Stars) did back in the day, then the game would have succed for me, regardless of sales.
Honestly, I'm thinking this is a newer build due to how much better and more complete the UI looks. Not a great sign for April in terms of animations, but hey, at least she'll probably be broken again. Gotta love favoritism!
As for popularity, I feel this game will probably do worse than NASB at launch due to lack of hype, but it'll hopefully retain its playerbase better, which in my book would be a VASTLY preferable outcome. I'm hoping we can at least hover around the low triple digits this time.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Me too. However, with his character in mind, I would frame it as Hugh is fiddling with a remote Jimmy invented, he slips on the banana that changed his life forever, the remote hits the ground, malfunctions, and sucks the opponents into the "shadow realm" with Hugh watching on the side lines, maybe eating a pie or something
At the very minimum that would at least be in-character for Hugh. April is not a goddamn super saiyan, and nothing about her screams "spirit bomb."

Made up BS is the best thing about crossovers.
Yes yes we all know your opinion on moveset design. Meanwhile, normal people want their favorite characters to be actually representative of the character, which is why Avatar fans hate Aang's moveset in the first game. There comes a point where making up stuff can be appropriate, but April has three decades of content to work with without making up something for a meme that isn't funny to begin with and will only precede to get less funny with time.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
A Channel 6 themed spirit bomb is tacky but a little funny. Still, she's so poorly animated that they should've prioritized the characters people actually care for over her.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A Channel 6 themed spirit bomb is tacky but a little funny. Still, she's so poorly animated that they should've prioritized the characters people actually care for over her.
I imagine they probably made them keep all the TMNT cast be from one incarnation, but I think Karai would be infinitely cooler than April.

Tbh the only reason they probably picked April is because they are fans of her... reputation.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm fairly confident at the very least in terms of missing veterans. Hugh, and Lincoln are at least in.

Hugh since PapaGenos said he's back and Lincoln. He maybe the most hated character from the previous game based on polls but he's the protagonist of Nick's second-biggest cash cow (Or third if take Paw Patrol into account but my point still stands). They are not cutting him out. On top of that with stage theory in mind, we got Loch Loud. I don't know what other Loud would fit into that stage.
It might not end up even being a stage for a TLH character at all at this point.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It might not end up even being a stage for a TLH character at all at this point.
We've told you a dozen times to stop talking doomer mode about cuts, and we debunked your "theory" about it not even being a Loud House stage. STOP.

Don't ask why things seem to be different with Shredder's Revenge's DLC
Still dumb. The 2012 show even had them crossover with other versions of themselves.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
At this point I'm convinced if any of the missing veterans are returning that we won't see them until launch anyway.

Either way though it's just a silly game at the end of the day and not worth stressing out over. I think enjoying something at face value is a forgotten art in fandom spaces.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At this point I'm convinced if any of the missing veterans are returning that we won't see them until launch anyway.

Either way though it's just a silly game at the end of the day and not worth stressing out over.
don't worry

I don't stress out over certain veterans possibly not returning so much as...possibly not getting to play this multiplayer-focused game with multiple players in the specific way I want to, which does not involve Discord pings.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We've told you a dozen times to stop talking doomer mode about cuts, and we debunked your "theory" about it not even being a Loud House stage. STOP.
That's not what I meant. I was talking about it being paired with a character from a different show entirely while still being a TLH stage, and besides, this argument might not even matter because there's a decent chance that Stage Theory is not a thing this game. I'm starting to get the idea that Loch Loud was actually a leftover from a newcomer that got scrapped during development.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Does anyone like April as much as the devs do?
Yes, but not in the way youre probably thinking of.

That's not what I meant. I was talking about it being paired with a character from a different show entirely while still being a TLH stage, and besides, this argument might not even matter because there's a decent chance that Stage Theory is not a thing this game. I'm starting to get the idea that Loch Loud was actually a leftover from a newcomer that got scrapped during development.
Why on earth would they give a Loud House stage to a character who isn't a Loud House character? The stage theory has held up pretty damn well thus far, do we really have to do this every single time?

Last edited:

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
So Thaddeus Crews was active on the discord chat for a bit and gave us a bit of insight into the game.

Someone asked about Garfield's super, which has been changed drastically since earlier development:

Then someone else asked about if supers are all going to be cutscenes.

Then he said this suddenly:

Im curious to see what he has in mind lolol. But yeah, figured y'all would be interested in this.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
From the looks of it the Screen Actor's Guild strike now applies to the game industry, with many prominent VAs soon to go on strike. This is gonna affect NASB2 greatly.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
From the looks of it the Screen Actor's Guild strike now applies to the game industry, with many prominent VAs soon to go on strike. This is gonna affect NASB2 greatly.
Game comes out in a month or two, and there’s voice lines in the trailers, so it’s very much likely they’ve recorded all the voice lines already.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Game comes out in a month or two, and there’s voice lines in the trailers, so it’s very much likely they’ve recorded all the voice lines already.
It could effect the game's DLC if the strike is still ongoing by then.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
As of right now only certain companies are being hit with strikes

• Activision Productions
  • Blindlight
  • Disney Character Voices
  • Electronic Arts Productions
  • Epic Games
  • Formosa Interactive
  • Insomniac Games
  • Take 2 Productions
  • VoiceWorks Productions
  • WB Games

NASB should be fine