• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Huh, usually its Goku who randomly gets requested to join every crossover fighter under the sun, anyways as much as I like the blue blur, I really don't think Sonic should join the roster, I'd rather we get actual Nicktoons in the Nickelodeon fighting game, we're still missing several fan favorites, and give some underappreciated characters some spotlight.

Imo, the only 3rd parties we should get are those who are/were closely associated with Nick, such as the Dreamwork shows, and the Ips they lost/sold being Doug, Winx Club, and Neopets

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Huh, usually its Goku who randomly gets requested to join every crossover fighter under the sun, anyways as much as I like the blue blur, I really don't think Sonic should join the roster, I'd rather we get actual Nicktoons in the Nickelodeon fighting game, we're still missing several fan favorites, and give some underappreciated characters some spotlight.

Imo, the only 3rd parties we should get are those who are/were closely associated with Nick, such as the Dreamwork shows, and the Ips they lost/sold being Doug, Winx Club, and Neopets
I thought they still owned WInx Club. They lost/sold that?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
What MTV and Comedy Central characters should be on NASB 2) (that aren't from Beavis and Butt-Head, South Park, Drawn Together or Clone High)

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I thought they still owned WInx Club. They lost/sold that?
Yeah, The original Winx Club creator regained the rights to Winx Club after Nick sold their 30% stock in the Rainbow studio back to him, They also lost Huntik, sucks Nick never did anything with that series...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Been a bit of a hot topic on the subreddit so might as well ask here: what would you guys think about Sonic (or I guess more specifically Movie Sonic) getting in the game?

Some people think it’s a good publicity push and allows Sonic to have a more fleshed out moveset than what he’s got in Smash (presumably)

Others think it kinda defeats the point of this being a Nick fighting game and fuels the “we’re better than Smash!!!” mentality that in hindsight plagued the general consensus during pre-release of NASB 1

I am others
I already gave my thoughts on the possibility of Movie Sonic when we rated him in the RTC thread a while back, I'm just gonna repost that here since my thoughts on the matter haven't changed:
This wouldn't really upset me, it just isn't something I'm at all interested in seeing, quite frankly. I don't care about headlines when it comes to picks, and Movie Sonic just wouldn't fit in this game IMO. It feels like a really weird and lame workaround to include an iconic character purely for the sake of it. There's also the matter of Sonic already being in a platform fighter before, and while Smash Sonic is objectively ****ing lame, it's still already been done and would draw even more undue comparisons between this game and Smash that it frankly doesn't need. (I'm also still not a huge fan of the Movie design to be honest. It's not repulsive like the first one, but the realistic fur is weird to me and Sonic having two eyes is just wrong.)

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Ok I think this is my penultimate NASB wishlist, a list full of stuff I want that doesn’t translate to actually being realistic:

Characters:
Jimmy Neutron, Vlad Plasmius, Raphael, Donatello, Squidward, Timmy Turner, El Tigre, Angry Beavers, Otis, Mr. Krabs, Plankton, Carl, Sheen, Denzel Crocker, Ember McLain, FB&CC, Miko, Bessie, Blue, Professor Membrane, KaBlam, Pig, Dora, Vendetta, Gir, Vicky, Charlotte, Parker, Boog, Jennika, Snotty Boy, Chip Skylark, Fred, Larry the Lobster, Kyle, Nermal, Luna Loud, Luan Loud, Waffle Woman, Mrs. Puff and Rango
Jimmy Neutron, Vlad Plasmius, Raphael, Donatello, Squidward, Timmy Turner, El Tigre, Angry Beavers, Otis, Mr. Krabs, Plankton, Carl, Sheen, Denzel Crocker, Ember McLain, FB&CC, Miko, Bessie, Blue, Professor Membrane, KaBlam, Pig, Dora, Vendetta, Gir, Vicky, Charlotte, Parker, Boog, Jennika, Snotty Boy, Chip Skylark, Fred, Larry the Lobster, Kyle, Nermal, Luna Loud, Luan Loud, Waffle Woman, Mrs. Puff and Rango

Stages:
No ideas for stages personally, though I think a hazard toggle of some kind would do wonders

Items:
Purple Flurp: You drink it and give off a burp effect for a little bit, a consumable, kinda like Smash’s curry
Fr
Wand: A FairlyOdd Parents wand that would turn the opponent into something random that could only walk and jump for a bit

Nickelodeon Blimp: Similar to April’s up special, would allow you to float and fly around

Idk I don’t have a ton of item ideas

Modes:
Make Sports Mode have its own dedicated maps instead of just using regular stages

Unique Target Test mode for each character, maybe framed as a Legends of the Hidden Temple challenge or something

NickRewind: Functionally All Star, just fight through the characters in the order their show aired

Other:
Challenges/Achievements: More than anything the game desperately needs way more unlockables and way more methods than just completing arcade mode for an online play pfp. Maybe an animation cell for each member of the cast or additional character renders or maybe even unlock modes like this (I’d say characters too but they seem firm on not doing that)

Mechanics: A meter that you fill up as the match goes on with 3 levels. If you use 1 level, you’ll perform a perfect block. If you use 2 levels, you use a burst attack akin to Zetterburn’s neutral special as a get off me move. If you use 3 levels, you activate Slime Time (basically your characters cinematic super move)

Unique Victory Themes: Characters should each have their own unique victory theme, or at least each franchise should

More Alternate Costumes: Duh. Could also be perfect unlockables via the previously mentioned Challenges/Achievements idea

More Taunts per character: I know the taunt is currently mapped to 1 button but maybe instead it becomes a button you hold down, then push any 1 of 3/4 buttons to select a taunt to do

More music track options for each stage: 2-3 per stage would be ideal

Launch with everything NASB 1 had content wise: We want to make the original game inferior

Launch with functional crossplay: Game will be dead on arrival without it

Unique character interactions: Maybe akin to Street Fighter with characters saying something about their opponent or a small convo at the start of their match

That’s all I got

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I genuinely don't understand the push for Sonic in this game some people have. When it comes to licensing characters from other companies, someone like Po, who had a Nicktoon, would make more sense. Hell, even if you just wanted a character with loose "Paramount" connections instead of Nick ones, why not Clone High's JFK at that point? Or Beavis and Butthead?

Sonic has so many more leaps in logic as a crossover character and wouldn't fit at all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I genuinely don't understand the push for Sonic in this game some people have. When it comes to licensing characters from other companies, someone like Po, who had a Nicktoon, would make more sense. Hell, even if you just wanted a character with loose "Paramount" connections instead of Nick ones, why not Clone High's JFK at that point? Or Beavis and Butthead?

Sonic has so many more leaps in logic as a crossover character and wouldn't fit at all.
really? out all the cast you go with jfk

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The fact that people are claiming not for Sonic but for Movie Sonic specifically like he was that super different character is so funny to me. He's still Sonic, Sega own the characters even if they made the movie. Do people think that Illumination own Movie Mario and they can do wathever they want with him if they use this specific design? Besides, we're most likely not even getting live action Nickelodeon shows, and people genuinely think that the Live action Sonic of all thing have chances? Also if they actually go for Movie Sonic his moveset won't be that different from Smash, because based on that logic he wouldn't have the new Frontiers powers of Wisp powers.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
IMG_7811.jpeg

For the first time in ages I finally find FOP and JN merch (in JN’s case that isn’t just a re-release of the series)

And it’s socks of all things lol

Also not to get tinfoil hat-y but interesting that the other socks just say Nickelodeon, but FOP’s gives a special indication of FOP with a small Nickelodeon indent

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
View attachment 374151
For the first time in ages I finally find FOP and JN merch (in JN’s case that isn’t just a re-release of the series)

And it’s socks of all things lol

Also not to get tinfoil hat-y but interesting that the other socks just say Nickelodeon, but FOP’s gives a special indication of FOP with a small Nickelodeon indent
The fact that Jimmy uses his shorts from the movie makes me think if Nick still doesn't know if they have renders from the show with the full pants.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hell, even if you just wanted a character with loose "Paramount" connections instead of Nick ones, why not Clone High's JFK at that point? Or Beavis and Butthead?
I've already considered that since the devs have already said they don't take the name as seriously as we do, but that doesn't mean they can afford more than cartoon characters owned by Paramount.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've already considered that since the devs have already said they don't take the name as seriously as we do, but that doesn't mean they can afford more than cartoon characters owned by Paramount.
See, I think people are mistaking this to say "well they can have non-Nickelodeon characters" when what they most likely mean is "don't take the All-Star part seriously."

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
See, I think people are mistaking this to say "well they can have non-Nickelodeon characters" when what they most likely mean is "don't take the All-Star part seriously."
Either way, however the game's name isn't supposed to be taken seriously, we won't see for a while when the leaked characters were requests from people who did take it seriously. Including the remaining Turtles, something they wanted to avoid for visual variety.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i think if the smurfs were to get in they'd have to be given the olimar treatment to make them be in size with the rest.

As for who to represent, i'd make papa smurf the default with the other smurfs as his costumes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rep recently posted about fixing one of Aang's particularly infamous hitboxes, so we can probably take it that Aang is (thankfully) not getting reworked, or at least not reworked any more than Korra was.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Civ Gandhi in Smash
Clone High Gandhi in All Star Brawl

Together these would be man's greatest creations xD

How new are the JN socks and how new are the FOP socks? It could be a simple matter of a change in packaging styles between manufacturing runs. FOP has packaging specific to it while the others use generic Nick branding.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Rep recently posted about fixing one of Aang's particularly infamous hitboxes, so we can probably take it that Aang is (thankfully) not getting reworked, or at least not reworked any more than Korra was.
I love the particular label given to this hitbox that I assume isn’t allowed to be stated here, really emphasizes the absurdity of this game series’ method of us learning new info

Anyways, um, I’d prefer a rework for Aang but if they’re not doing that then maybe just make any attacks involving his airbending have push boxes instead of dealing damage? Maybe his staff does typical damage and any attack involving air is solely windbox related. Of course you’d need the windbox to be pretty strong and maybe have more moves that use his staff or moves that use windboxes to bring opponents closer instead of just pushing away so that you still have combos and stuff

Idk the more I talk about Aang/Korra/Toph the more it’s evident I’ve never really watched Avatar

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yes, let's celebrate a stupidly out of character sticking with their awful moveset

The way Avatar is treated here is honestly trash

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I saw a lot of roster predictions here and elsewhere, and I'm surprised that not a lot of people are mentionning Angelica Pickles. People always mentioned how Jimmy is a lock because of Hugh, but nobody mentions that Reptar is also a fairly weird pick for a solo Rugrats rep, and the timing of the game starting development matches perfectly with the Rugrats reboot launching (2021).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I saw a lot of roster predictions here and elsewhere, and I'm surprised that not a lot of people are mentionning Angelica Pickles. People always mentioned how Jimmy is a lock because of Hugh, but nobody mentions that Reptar is also a fairly weird pick for a solo Rugrats rep, and the timing of the game starting development matches perfectly with the Rugrats reboot launching (2021).
That's because they're well, babies, and people might not want to beat up babies and toddlers in a fighting game. That's probably why Reptar is here on his own.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Still holding out for solo Angry Beavers. I really think we don't need another "beat each other up to fight" character when we got two already. I've been watching some episodes lately and they amount of moveset potential in Daggett alone is crazy, let along Norbert.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Reptar is the series mascot and generally speaking makes more sense as a fighter

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rugrats this, Hugh that, characters-as-functions, 90s bias, -immies, guests, live action, Nick Jr, yadda yadda, let's discuss a new topic! Like how does CatDog s-gets shot when did the dark age of SpongeBob sta-gets shot again which iCarly ship is be-gets shot and dies or which Backyardigan is the most powerful!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
the more it’s evident I’ve never really watched Avatar
don't worry, when people think Aang needs to equally use all four elements it's clear they haven't seen it in a while themselves.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Rugrats this, Hugh that, characters-as-functions, 90s bias, -immies, guests, live action, Nick Jr, yadda yadda, let's discuss a new topic! Like how does CatDog s-gets shot when did the dark age of SpongeBob sta-gets shot again which iCarly ship is be-gets shot and dies or which Backyardigan is the most powerful!
I thought we all subtly knew forums like this just cycle the same topics over and over. Anyways I’d be more enticed to bite if I wasn’t so annoyed over this Twitter situation. Would be really nice to keep in touch with what’s going on in the world but apparently that’s too much to ask.

As for NASB specifically, I guess we keep an eye out on GameMill/IGN’s YouTube/TikTok/Instagram page?

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Already made my wishlist while watching the Bandai Namco Showcase, I know most of these characters have a low chance of joining, but hey, a guy can dream can't he?
Wishlistn.jpeg

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know I never hear people talk about it nowadays but I always thought Catstatch was entertaining. Not like the best Nicktoon or anything but I wouldn't change the channel if it was on or anything.

...was Mr. Blik voiced by Wayne Knight? If not it was a stellar impression.

I could see Waffle getting in as a WTF pick, though he's far from my most wanted, or even top 20. But I wouldn't hate it

Top Bottom