• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I figure if it can't be Timmy, the only really wise choices would be a Cosmo and Wanda duo or the Crimson Chin. Anyone else would only make sense if Timmy were there already.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Even if a sequel do exist, I highly doubt it would show up at some game conference like Summer game fest. I've said in the past, GameMill is a very small publisher so getting in those conferences is already really hard, and unfortunately with the first game mixed reception, I don't think Geoff will go out of his way to add a potential sequel into his events.

I still think a sequel could happen, but don't expect a announcement this week. I think they'll just randomly drop a trailer like the first game, and it will most likely be in July assuming the game launch this fall (because June will be stacked with game announcement so they'll wait a bit).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even if a sequel do exist, I highly doubt it would show up at some game conference like Summer game fest. I've said in the past, GameMill is a very small publisher so getting in those conferences is already really hard, and unfortunately with the first game mixed reception, I don't think Geoff will go out of his way to add a potential sequel into his events.

I still think a sequel could happen, but don't expect a announcement this week. I think they'll just randomly drop a trailer like the first game, and it will most likely be in July assuming the game launch this fall (because June will be stacked with game announcement so they'll wait a bit).
I think that will most likely be the case.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
On a lighter note, I think NASB 2’s 2023 release and reveal window is a matter of when at this point, not if

GameMill hasn’t posted anything to their Twitter account since December 2022, basically since a month after their latest game release, we don’t have confirmation what they’re making next, but we did get a potentially real NASB 2 leak a while back

I’m positive it’s happening this year

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While I still don't get why people were so worked up over a lack of story mode and wouldn't actively support it, I think I'm a little more open to the idea after playing Slap City - the SC story mode isn't exactly the best thing in the world, but it's short; reuses a lot of assets from the regular battle stages; has some neat rewards and entertaining dialogue; and doesn't lean into the world-ending-threat melodrama of certain other crossover story modes.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I feel like the most I'd want, out of both this game (and MVS) is something like Melee's Adventure mode. It doesn't need to be complicated or have a huge sprawling narrative, running through sidescrolling crossover locations and then a fight with the corresponding character afterwards like a boss fight would be fitting enough.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel like the most I'd want, out of both this game (and MVS) is something like Melee's Adventure mode. It doesn't need to be complicated or have a huge sprawling narrative, running through sidescrolling crossover locations and then a fight with the corresponding character afterwards like a boss fight would be fitting enough.
That's basically what Slap's story mode is - just with a save feature, dialog, and a few small character-specific layout alterations.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
While I still don't get why people were so worked up over a lack of story mode and wouldn't actively support it, I think I'm a little more open to the idea after playing Slap City - the SC story mode isn't exactly the best thing in the world, but it's short; reuses a lot of assets from the regular battle stages; has some neat rewards and entertaining dialogue; and doesn't lean into the world-ending-threat melodrama of certain other crossover story modes.
Nick wouldn't even let the devs write their own dialogue for Arcade Mode. There's no way a story mode is happening.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
If Punch-Time Explosion could do it, NASB can do it.

Though frankly I just want something akin to the Trophy Gallery, some kind of Stadium / Event Match type content, and an actual boss character for the end of the arcade mode. Maybe some actually good alt. colors, too. I really like playing some of the "Sports" modes they added to versus and would love to see them leaning more into that to build some kind of single-player content that isn't just ripped out of Smash.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe some actually good alt. colors, too.
You'll just have to hope for four costumes per character next time.

Nick wants every alt costume in the game to come from an official source, like an episode of their respective shows or random promotional art/merchandise, and the devs found out about this really late into development, hence the state of costumes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think that regardless of what happens, NASB 2 will have proper alt costumes, or at the very least more than 2 per fighter. There's absolutely enough material for each character so long as they know from the start of development which alts are OK and which aren't - yes, that includes Mr. 6 Episodes. Not to mention that some characters have extra alts they just can't select and only summon for brief moves (Lincoln's up special, Lucy's down tilt, and Garfield's entrance for example)

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Checked out SteamSpy out of curiosity, Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 and 3’s maximum owners is cited as 20,000

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 2 is at a minimum of 200,000 and maximum of 500,000

So that’s also reassuring on sequel prospects

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
NASB Jeopardy between pro players, starring Rep as co-host - won't embed for some reason despite the livestream being over.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see it. I don't think Nintendo would care about the whole "smash killer" thing, especially since smash currently isn't active, but I just don't see it. If it was gonna be at a gaming event it would have been at summer games fest or the future of gaming thing or something. I think the best bet for a reveal is a random Twitter drop, which will inevitably be leaked a month or so beforehand

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
A Nintendo Direct is just too high profile for a low budget licensed game like NASB, which by some definitions is shovelware. And we typically don't see shovelware titles in Nintendo Directs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
it'd have a chance of appearing if gamemill realized most gamers don't have enough free will to play a game that's not advertised to hell and back

D

Deleted member

A Nintendo Direct is just too high profile for a low budget licensed game like NASB, which by some definitions is shovelware. And we typically don't see shovelware titles in Nintendo Directs.
That last part is definitely not true. But I agree with WX3's post above

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
This was true for the first game because it hadn’t released yet and fell off the face of the planet in the public eye pretty quickly after release, but it had a lot of Steam sales by typical game standards, let alone licensed games.

I just don’t think it’s as impossible as others seem to think

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's literally not shovelware by any widely accepted definition of the term. Please learn what words mean, especially derogatory ones, before slinging them around haphazardly.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well as expected, NASB2 wasn't revealed. I am expecting a reveal next month anyways (assuming that it will come out this year).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Looks like Nickelodeon might not even exist anymore in the next couple years as there is a possibility that Netflix could buy Paramount, and get Nick along with it.

D

Deleted member

I'd need a better source on that. Is on the same level as "Apple will buy Disney" to me. Nick has canceled a couple shows such as the Star Trek show, but that's not a problem exclusive to paramount. The streamer bubble has burst and were feeling the effects

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'd need a better source on that. Is on the same level as "Apple will buy Disney" to me. Nick has canceled a couple shows such as the Star Trek show, but that's not a problem exclusive to paramount. The streamer bubble has burst and were feeling the effects
It's not confirmed yet, but it's something that could happen and it would remove one streaming service from the industry. And I don't know what would happen to this game if Nick the channel ceased to exist.

D

Deleted member

I also doubt Netflix has the money for that. Aren't they always in debt

Top Bottom