• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
because Nick just wanted Lincoln to rep TLH.
So if they only wanted Lincoln...shouldn't you NOT being saying "they might go for Lisa instead of Jimmy Neutron!"? You yourself are providing evidence we might not get a Loud sister, so there's no point in trying to divert Jimmy-based speculation.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So if they only wanted Lincoln...shouldn't you NOT being saying "they might go for Lisa instead of Jimmy Neutron!"? You yourself are providing evidence we might not get a Loud sister, so there's no point in trying to divert Jimmy-based speculation.
OK. I'll stop, and I won't ever post anything TLH-related that's positive ever again.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
OK. I'll stop, and I won't ever post anything TLH-related that's positive ever again.
There is no need for that. We're not saying there won't or shouldn't be a Loud sister in the DLC, we're saying they wouldn't go for a Loud Sister first so that they can cast the widest net possible.

I agree TLH is overhated. But it's just a fact that it's not all that feasble that they'd go back to that well so soon when expectations for the DLC are so high.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Do I feel it's possible that LH will get another character in DLC? Yes

Is it the right choice to start with for DLC? Nope

Look at Smash for example: they started with DLC being very popular characters (Mewtwo and Joker), and I can expect someone who is highly popular and requested for this game starting it off. Characters like Jimmy, Timmy, Rocko, etc all fit the bill.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do I feel it's possible that LH will get another character in DLC? Yes

Is it the right choice to start with for DLC? Nope

Look at Smash for example: they started with DLC being very popular characters (Mewtwo and Joker), and I can expect someone who is highly popular and requested for this game starting it off. Characters like Jimmy, Timmy, Rocko, etc all fit the bill.
you mean piranha plant

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There is no need for that. We're not saying there won't or shouldn't be a Loud sister in the DLC, we're saying they wouldn't go for a Loud Sister first so that they can cast the widest net possible.

I agree TLH is overhated. But it's just a fact that it's not all that feasble that they'd go back to that well so soon when expectations for the DLC are so high.
Yeah, I was trying to say "Don't argue against your own argument", not "Stop talking about TLH" even though I have several reasons why I think modern Nick representation will barely be expanded upon in DLC, if at all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
you mean piranha plant
Except PP was supposed to be in the base roster.

Joker got the hype going. I feel someone who is a great addition to the cast will also be last. So, my guess is one of Jimmy/Timmy/Rocko/Jinny will be first and last depends on how this goes. Garfield set the hype for DLC.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Joker got the hype going. I feel someone who is a great addition to the cast will also be last. So, my guess is one of Jimmy/Timmy/Rocko/Jinny will be first and last depends on how this goes. Garfield set the hype for DLC.
I believe that due to his previously mentioned legal issues Timmy will be saved for last unless they plan to add 3rd parties to this game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

true but he was still the first dlc character

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I believe that due to his previously mentioned legal issues Timmy will be saved for last unless they plan to add 3rd parties to this game.
Well at least you're saying legal issues don't mean Timmy is 100% out this time.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I said I know he was intended for base. But some where along the line the made the decision to make him dlc
Only so that he could be in the game at all, and he's free rather than paid.
This happens all the time in gaming, even Civ V had this happen with Mongolia.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Only so that he could be in the game at all, and he's free rather than paid.
This happens all the time in gaming, even Civ V had this happen with Mongolia.
he was free from some of us. costs ya a fiver other wise

Shhhh

We never talked about Plant. Joker was the first DLC ;)
we dont talk about piranha plant no no no, we dont talk about piranha plant 🎶

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know how much stock this will have on who we'll actually get in the DLC, but do we have an average on who the top 10 most requested characters are overall?

I say 10 rather than 5 since I figure the "big four" go without saying, I'm curious to know who else is being requested besides them.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know how much stock this will have on who we'll actually get in the DLC, but do we have an average on who the top 10 most requested characters are overall?

I say 10 rather than 5 since I figure the "big four" go without saying, I'm curious to know who else is being requested besides them.
Well here's Smashboards' most wanted, according to the RTC thread:

And there's also this:

(that's an uppercase I in the URL, not a lowercase L. Do not make the same mistake I did)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

And there's also this:

(that's an uppercase I in the URL, not a lowercase L. Do not make the same mistake I did)
Yo they got my man Carl in the top 20? Based.
But yeah, these results don't particularly surprise me. Top 3 is very expected, and Hugh being top 5 doesn't surprise me one bit considering how mainstream the demand for him is. Crimson Chin and Po being in the top 10's a bit of a shock, but understandable given they both come from very action-packed and fighting-centric backgrounds. Arnold I didn't expect to be here at all, but I guess it makes sense since a lot of people were left scratching their heads at Helga being in the game and not Arnold.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Arnold I didn't expect to be here at all, but I guess it makes sense since a lot of people were left scratching their heads at Helga being in the game and not Arnold.
Between the four cases where the main protagonist didn't get in, it seems like Arnold and Tommy are the most questioned, and I can see why: Nigel is still a Thornberry, Oblina is still a monster, but a rugrat is a person between the age of 1-3 (so Tommy, Angelica etc.) and Helga, well, isn't Arnold.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

And there's also this:

As against the idea of Duo Fighter Beavers as you all know I am, still rocks seeing them in the top 20. Especially since I felt the RTC thread really underrated Daggett/Angry Beavers representation in general.

Between the four cases where the main protagonist didn't get in, it seems like Arnold and Tommy are the most questioned, and I can see why: Nigel is still a Thornberry, Oblina is still a monster, but a rugrat is a person between the age of 1-3 (so Tommy, Angelica etc.) and Helga, well, isn't Arnold.
I thought Arnold and Tommy made plenty of sense as far as going for a deuteragonist/side character instead. Helga is by charaterization more of a fighter and by the end of the show she had practically taken the main character role from Arnold with how much screentime and focus she was getting, and Reptar is ****ing Reptar.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and Reptar is ****ing Reptar.
I think a lot of people still think it's because it's more ethical to punch a kaiju over a baby, but in reality Reptar is promoted just as much as the babies, if not more. There's IRL Reptar Bars and Reptar Cereal (which unfortunately is not like the commercial), and Tweets with the hashtag #rugrats have a Reptar emoji attached to them.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

And there's also this:

My boys making #20 was a dream come true! Let’s get Angry Beavers as the WTF characters in the game (minus PTM)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My boys making #20 was a dream come true! Let’s get Angry Beavers as the WTF characters in the game (minus PTM)
I wouldn't exactly consider the beavers a WTF choice. They get plenty of limelight when it comes to 90s nostalgia, NASB fans are just more 2000s-focused.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think a lot of people still think it's because it's more ethical to punch a kaiju over a baby, but in reality Reptar is promoted just as much as the babies, if not more. There's IRL Reptar Bars and Reptar Cereal (which unfortunately is not like the commercial), and Tweets with the hashtag #rugrats have a Reptar emoji attached to them.
Exactly my thought. Reptar is like the "mascot" of Rugrats, and even back at the height of the show's popularity, Reptar got the most promotion out of any character who wasn't one of the Pickles kids.

Plus he's cool. If you had the choice between a baby and a kaiju, you'd pick the kaiju.

I wouldn't exactly consider the beavers a WTF choice. They get plenty of limelight when it comes to 90s nostalgia, NASB fans are just more 2000s-focused.
Yeah I agree, the Beavers aren't that outlandish a pick. A WTF character would be like Pelswick, Stick Stickly, Meltman, the Dancing Lobsters, etc.

If we're going by realistic chance, we'd probably get an Angry Beaver before we get half of the bottom 13 on that list. Nick still uses it in 90's nostalgia marketing and merchandising.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
before we get half of the bottom 13 on that list.
I assume the half that wouldn't be prioritized over the Beavers are:
  • Skipper and Po because licensing
  • Raph and Don because Ludosity didn't want 4 turtles (and some people might complain about 6 TMNT reps)
  • Arnold because of the reasons why you said they went with Helga
  • And...uh...Carl because Hugh is the more popular JN meme pick?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I assume the half that wouldn't be prioritized over the Beavers are:
  • Skipper and Po because licensing
  • Raph and Don because Ludosity didn't want 4 turtles (and some people might complain about 6 TMNT reps)
  • Arnold because of the reasons why you said they went with Helga
  • And...uh...Carl because Hugh is the more popular JN meme pick?
I wasn't going to call out specifics to avoid stepping on any toes, but I figure we'd definitely get the Beavers before Skipper, Po and Carl for the reasons you said, and I feel like they're a safer bet than the three 2000's characters, Otis, Snap and El Tigre. Mostly because Nick doesn't seem particularly interested in those shows and they're characters Ludosity would have to fight for.

Now this is my gut feeling more than it is me stating anything objective or that I don't want any of those characters or anything like that. It just makes sense to me is all. You do bring up good points about Raph and Don, though.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, when it comes to the shows represented by fighters that aren't the main stars, I think each of them still make sense:

1. Nigel and Oblina are both major characters of their respective shows (and Nigel in particular is arguably one of the more memorable parts of the show, even if only in a memetic sense).

2. Not only is Helga a major character (and more known for fighting compared to Arnold, who was only really a fighter in one episode), but she arguably becomes just as much a main character as Arnold himself.

3. With Reptar, while he isn't a main character (or even a proper character in-universe), he's still a pretty iconic part of the show, so I'm fine with him representing Rugrats (plus, as others have mentioned, it's possible someone in the dev team has an issue with beating up a literal baby, so they went with the Godzilla expy instead).

Heck, another show I'd like to see represented is ChalkZone, and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Snap as a playable fighter.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly, when it comes to the shows represented by fighters that aren't the main stars, I think each of them still make sense:

1. Nigel and Oblina are both major characters of their respective shows (and Nigel in particular is arguably one of the more memorable parts of the show, even if only in a memetic sense).

2. Not only is Helga a major character (and more known for fighting compared to Arnold, who was only really a fighter in one episode), but she arguably becomes just as much a main character as Arnold himself.

3. With Reptar, while he isn't a main character (or even a proper character in-universe), he's still a pretty iconic part of the show, so I'm fine with him representing Rugrats (plus, as others have mentioned, it's possible someone in the dev team has an issue with beating up a literal baby, so they went with the Godzilla expy instead).

Heck, another show I'd like to see represented is ChalkZone, and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Snap as a playable fighter.
See, this is what gets me. People think just because we got a few side characters prioritized, it means they'd be fine with dumping a main character for another. There's a genuine reason for each of those picks, but there is no reasonable excuse to have Crimson Chin over Timmy, Vexus over Jenny, or any non-Jimmy character at all over Jimmy.

Of the set, Nigel's the only one arguable for being an odd choice in comparison to his contemporaries, but with him specifically, Eliza would need to summon animals, meaning more models, meaning more budget time. Why do that when you can make a character imitate them? He runs a wildlife show, it's perfectly reasonable for him.

Oblina's one of the titular characters, and S4's primarily her character arc

Reptar is a literal in-universe mascot who fights and is not a literal infant

Helga's a main character as much as Arnold is without a doubt.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Honestly I think Nigel was less about Eliza having to Summon animals and more that he's the most popular and remembered part of the show.
I mean, Nigel Thornberry originally was going to be the main character of the show when it was originally conceived as a more adult oriented cartoon (Nigel Thornberry's Animal World), so it makes sense in that regard too, he's had a lot going for him behind the scenes.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
See, this is what gets me. People think just because we got a few side characters prioritized, it means they'd be fine with dumping a main character for another. There's a genuine reason for each of those picks, but there is no reasonable excuse to have Crimson Chin over Timmy, Vexus over Jenny, or any non-Jimmy character at all over Jimmy.
Are there really that many people who believe that? The three most requested characters in the images I posted ARE the main protagonists of their respective shows, and at least 50% of the characters wanted in both images are main protagonists.

The only case I can think of where people truly aren't prioritizing the main-est of main protagonists is Snap, and even then he's still a main character in ChalkZone. One who is...actually made of chalk.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Of the set, Nigel's the only one arguable for being an odd choice in comparison to his contemporaries, but with him specifically, Eliza would need to summon animals, meaning more models, meaning more budget time. Why do that when you can make a character imitate them? He runs a wildlife show, it's perfectly reasonable for him.

Oblina's one of the titular characters, and S4's primarily her character arc

Reptar is a literal in-universe mascot who fights and is not a literal infant

Helga's a main character as much as Arnold is without a doubt.
I don't think anyone's saying Vexus or Hugh should come before Jenny or Jimmy - that being said, I can totally understand prioritsing other characters over Timmy (even though nobody is), kid has so many potential powers that it's impossible to start on + he's an audience surrogate.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Are there really that many people who believe that? The three most requested characters in the images I posted ARE the main protagonists of their respective shows, and at least 50% of the characters wanted in both images are main protagonists.

The only case I can think of where people truly aren't prioritizing the main-est of main protagonists is Snap, and even then he's still a main character in ChalkZone. One who is...actually made of chalk.
Yeah, as I only think that Rudy is getting in if Nelvana decides not to cooperate with the devs and they can't use Timmy as a result.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I rarely see Rocko get 4th place on polls, I wouldn't really consider him a member of the "big 4" in terms of fan demand unfortunately.
Rocko's in an interesting situation. A lot of people have respect for his show, consider him too important to leave out, and most run under the assumption that he's going to be in the game anyway. But he's also more 90's in a 2000's focused fanbase where the 90's got loads of love in the base game. So there's less excitement for him than the other members of the four. So Rocko's in there more for his importance and dev bias than his fan demand (which is still sizable though, don't get me wrong!)

Top Bottom