• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as "mainstream" characters go, Squidward seems like the one that people would be the least annoyed with, since they would want to recreate a specific meme.

Not to mention that his clarinet was specifically barred from being in the proposed item list, if I do recall correctly.

Two ways you could interpret that, but I assume they mean of the aesthetic kind.
Leo and Mikey are more or less my favorite Turtles anyway, so I'm not bothered with it too much. Meanwhile us Shredder's Revenge watchers are still confused over Splinter not being confirmed as playable, although that might change soon.

Wouldn't this have already been obvious with Alex Mack? I dunno who else they wanted that would've needed additional licensing, but I think Timmy's supposed licensing issues are overstated, so I doubt it's him. Pelswick?
It's been assumed that Jenny's been tied up with Frederator as well.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know if Ludosity was worried about four Turtles looking similar why didn't they just give in to Nick wanting the 2012 Turtles? They're at least Luigified.

In fact it's kind of weird that they had to fight for 1987 representation anyway, seeing as how Viacom wants to associate all of TMNT with Nick except for the more adult comics.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
You know if Ludosity was worried about four Turtles looking similar why didn't they just give in to Nick wanting the 2012 Turtles? They're at least Luigified.

In fact it's kind of weird that they had to fight for 1987 representation anyway, seeing as how Viacom wants to associate all of TMNT with Nick except for the more adult comics.
I mean, it's not like we got the Mirage Comics iterations of TMNT, we got 1987 Cartoon Turtles, with a palette that is reminiscent of the OG comics

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
I hope if there is a next game and they wanted to add the remaining turtles that they are more based on the 2012 and Rise versions.
They'd be different looking, one more than the other but still.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Leo and Mikey don't even fight similarly anyway (even if 2012 would give even more variety). They share so few moves amongst the two of them in here that only their looks are similar.

Also, the fact that they had to fight for Lucy of all people even though she got in Kart Racer just fine makes me think that not all Vicaom/Nick execs are on the same page for things like TMNT and TLH representation (except with Clyde in the latter case, bizarrely enough).

At the end of the day, I guess it mostly comes down to personal taste. That wouldn't differ much no matter who got to choose the roster, as a fan or not, though in this case the picks seem to reflect the roster having variety for the sake of it.

I mean, it's not like we got the Mirage Comics iterations of TMNT, we got 1987 Cartoon Turtles, with a palette that is reminiscent of the OG comics
Meanwhile, all of Shredder's lines come from his more serious incarnations, let alone the 2012 one. It's certainly an interesting way to acknowledge the various TMNT audiences.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At the end of the day, I guess it mostly comes down to personal taste
Yeah, I've accepted long ago that they just thought April and Shredder would be more interesting than completing the Turtles. I'm just suggesting that what Nick wanted would've alleviated the problem of them looking like palette swaps.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Leo and Mikey don't even fight similarly anyway (even if 2012 would give even more variety). They share so few moves amongst the two of them in here that only their looks are similar.

Also, the fact that they had to fight for Lucy of all people even though she got in Kart Racer just fine makes me think that not all Vicaom/Nick execs are on the same page for things like TMNT and TLH representation (except with Clyde in the latter case, bizarrely enough).

At the end of the day, I guess it mostly comes down to personal taste. That wouldn't differ much no matter who got to choose the roster, as a fan or not, though in this case the picks seem to reflect the roster having variety for the sake of it.

Meanwhile, all of Shredder's lines come from his more serious incarnations, let alone the 2012 one. It's certainly an interesting way to acknowledge the various TMNT audiences.
I'm thinking that we could indeed see more TLH reps in DLC, and based on the comments on the TMNT reps I would expect them to pick a second sister over Clyde who wouldn't be that different from Lincoln in terms of moveset potential.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I've accepted long ago that they just thought April and Shredder would be more interesting than completing the Turtles. I'm just suggesting that what Nick wanted would've alleviated the problem of them looking like palette swaps.
Fair enough. At least Shredder's Revenge skirted the issue entirely by being a TMNT-based beat 'em up to start with, even if its developers also went for the '87 version. Even then they seem to have their share of restrictions to work with for character choices.

I'm thinking that we could indeed see more TLH reps in DLC, and based on the comments on the TMNT reps I would expect them to pick a second sister over Clyde who wouldn't be that different from Lincoln in terms of moveset potential.
Luna seems to be the most popular demand out of the sisters, so I could see her get in soon-ish if the devs are on the same page.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Quick question: where do I go to let the devs know about an issue that needs fixing? Because there's a slight issue with Leo where his Aerial Strong Neutral attack is lacking the whoosh/blur effect that all his other attacks have, and this was something I noticed before the Shredder patch came in.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Quick question: where do I go to let the devs know about an issue that needs fixing? Because there's a slight issue with Leo where his Aerial Strong Neutral attack is lacking the whoosh/blur effect that all his other attacks have, and this was something I noticed before the Shredder patch came in.
That's probably already on the radar - but either way, I believe the official Discord is the best way to communicate with Ludosity.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Fair enough. At least Shredder's Revenge skirted the issue entirely by being a TMNT-based beat 'em up to start with, even if its developers also went for the '87 version. Even then they seem to have their share of restrictions to work with for character choices.

Luna seems to be the most popular demand out of the sisters, so I could see her get in soon-ish if the devs are on the same page.
I think that the DLC won't be entirely decided by popular demand.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
People are seriously underestimating Dora and especially Hugh's chances of making the DLC.

Either way, I think just how much a role popular demand and memes will play for DLC will probably be decided by just how much DLC there is.
Dora's a Nick Jr. character so she's not getting in unless it's her live action movie counterpart. They would add Tommy Pickles over her anyday.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dora's a Nick Jr. character so she's not getting in unless it's her live action movie counterpart. They would add Tommy Pickles over her anyday.
Nick are planning an LA Dora reboot for the non-Jr. Nick audience, so I feel that putting Dora in NASB would actually be good for establishing the new brand of Dora aging up with the viewers rather than a blight on Dora's clean image

Also, how are Tommy and Dora comparable? Dora is controversial for being from a show for small children, while Tommy is controversial for being a small child, there isn't really much in common there.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think that the DLC won't be entirely decided by popular demand.
That goes without saying, but I think it'll generally be a matter of "which character(s) that the fans want just happen(s) to have been wanted by the devs anyway", seeing as Ludosity and Game Mill pretty much just go with their own picks so far. Memes can influence at least a few choices seeing as their Discord crowd is impossible to ignore and Thaddeus went on record saying that yes, their voices have been heard loud and clear.

And moveset potential and whether or not there is another character who can fill that same niche. Luna also falls into this problem, as there is another rocker girl they can add (Ember McClain from Danny Phantom).
That depends on if the staff really wants Ember that much or would rather stick with Vlad or Dark Danny as a noteworthy DP villain.

DLC will probably be decided by just how much DLC there is.
Yeah, it's hard to tell if we'll get more than a season or two, seeing as licensed platform fighters are uncommon, let alone with DLC seasons (never mind that Multiversus is there as "competition" soon).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Nick are planning an LA Dora reboot for the non-Jr. Nick audience, so I feel that putting Dora in NASB would actually be good for establishing the new brand of Dora aging up with the viewers rather than a blight on Dora's clean image

Also, how are Tommy and Dora comparable? Dora is controversial for being from a show for small children, while Tommy is controversial for being a small child, there isn't really much in common there.
Tommy has a leg up on Dora due to Rugrats having a higher target demographic. Plus he's actually directly fought other characters in his show. Plus they could add his AGU counterpart instead if the devs have a problem with players being able to beat up babies.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tommy has a leg up on Dora due to Rugrats having a higher target demographic. Plus he's actually directly fought other characters in his show. Plus they could add his AGU counterpart instead if the devs have a problem with players being able to beat up babies.
I'm not asking why you think Tommy is reasonable, I am asking why you think Tommy and Dora should be compared. I said nothing about Tommy there and you just brought him up for no reason other than an extremely vague link of early childhood.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not asking why you think Tommy is reasonable, I am asking why you think Tommy and Dora should be compared. I said nothing about Tommy there and you just brought him up for no reason.
I was saying that it would be better to add a character from a show about babies than a show made for babies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was saying that it would be better to add a character from a show about babies than a show made for babies.
Exactly, they're in two completely different scenarios with unique pros and cons, and thus shouldn't be haphazardly compared.

And also, it's not like having Tommy inherently cancels out also having Dora. Tommy's situation is that he is a baby and some people may not be comfortable with fighting a baby, while Dora's situation is that she's from a preschool show and therefore including her in this setting may conflict with her wholesome brand image. I like the idea of having baby Tommy, and I like the idea of having Dora, but both those concerns are valid and - above all - unreleated. I should note that animated Dora is canonically only a year younger than Lucy.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And moveset potential and whether or not there is another character who can fill that same niche. Luna also falls into this problem, as there is another rocker girl they can add (Ember McClain from Danny Phantom).
People are seriously underestimating Dora and especially Hugh's chances of making the DLC.

Either way, I think just how much a role popular demand and memes will play for DLC will probably be decided by just how much DLC there is.
i don’t know who any of those characters are

D

Deleted member

All depends on how much DLC there is. If we're only getting five or six characters I feel they'll focus in on fan picks and big names. If we get multiple seasons worth then I assume they'll throw some "what?" picks in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All depends on how much DLC there is. If we're only getting five or six characters I feel they'll focus in on fan picks and big names. If we get multiple seaosns worth then I assume they'll throw some "what?" picks in there.
Game Mill does support the competitive scene for this so far, so I imagine that they'd try to lean to the latter scenario, if it becomes possible from enough people paying attention.

Seeing as Ludosity are still focusing on elements like items though, I feel like we won't hear DLC support details until Summer or Fall at the earliest.

Until then, things may drag a bit...

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I just watched the Grand finals of the F.U.N. Invitational, astonishingly exciting set. If you want to see a Patrick hold his own against a really solid April, definitely check it out. I was on the edge of my seat.
We've come a long way from Patrick easily being the worst character in the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
All depends on how much DLC there is. If we're only getting five or six characters I feel they'll focus in on fan picks and big names. If we get multiple seasons worth then I assume they'll throw some "what?" picks in there.
I'd still imagine that AT THE VERY LEAST, Rocko and either -immy will be in Season 1. Hell, I doubt they've even planned multiple seasons yet, due to Nick being so willing to easily kill anything that's not a major cash cow for them.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Currently watching the video and Max just poked fun of the voice narrators with the one for shredder's showcase.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
No shot are the big picks not being prioritized for DLC.
Yeah. NASB is in an interesting position where it's early enough in the series history that, unlike smash, there are clearly "optimal" picks.

Like, excluding the possibility of a Powdered Toast Man scenario where the team gets some out-there idea that they like, it's pretty obvious to most serious people that the best DLC choices are some combination of Jimmy, Jenny, Timmy, Rocko, Squidward, and Zuko. Maybe substitute Squidward with Mr. Krabs or Plankton and Karen.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I'm done for Zuko, though I would love Ty Lee to be in it, fast movement, quick combos like Ken in Ultimate all off set by her light weight and short range.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shredder moves fast...too fast for a character of his size.
He can get launched easily though, so that's balanced out in his case.

I'd still imagine that AT THE VERY LEAST, Rocko and either -immy will be in Season 1. Hell, I doubt they've even planned multiple seasons yet, due to Nick being so willing to easily kill anything that's not a major cash cow for them.
Yeah, though at least the most important step has been taken (i.e. not immediately being forgotten about upon launch like Kart Racer 1 and 2), so now it's up to Game Mill and the fans to keep the momentum going as much as possible.

No shot are the big picks not being prioritized for DLC.
Right now there's very little that Nick could force Game Mill to release, so that's pretty much a given. The only question is when we'll be hearing about the initial proper DLC batch.

Yeah. NASB is in an interesting position where it's early enough in the series history that, unlike smash, there are clearly "optimal" picks.

Like, excluding the possibility of a Powdered Toast Man scenario where the team gets some out-there idea that they like, it's pretty obvious to most serious people that the best DLC choices are some combination of Jimmy, Jenny, Timmy, Rocko, Squidward, and Zuko. Maybe substitute Squidward with Mr. Krabs or Plankton and Karen.
I could see Squidward coming, it would be weird to bar the devs from using his clarinet as an item if Nick didn't consider it intrinsically tied to him.

Top Bottom