• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Man, I'm feeling better and better about getting the PC version every time I hear about the Switch version not getting patches. (Plus, I mean, PC gang gets music and voice mods. So, 2-0 in PC's favor there.)
Well, not everyone has a PC that can run games smoothly, unfortunately.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Is this the image?
View attachment 336014
It’s a thumbnail used by a YouTuber called Kiji, it’s fake. Tom’s fur is a different color, Tom’s arm position is a little off, and Batman’s eyes seem weird. The biggest problem with the image is that it uses Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Battlefield as a background. It tricked me too for a second at first.
View attachment 336016
Wait do we have any solid proof that is fake? Did the creator come out and directly confirm it's fake or no? Do we have any sourced models that the "fake leak" took from? Anything at all? Because if not, I'm leaning toward it being real since Warner went out of their way to copyright strike Hbox's video AND his tweet that had the picture on it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sad to see NASB hype die so quickly, but I'm absolutely not gonna go doomer mode - there'll at least be a short rise in interest once Garfield and items drop, and come Christmas servers will be packed. Additionally, I think this game will no doubt thrive as a competitive game - not a Smash killer or even a Rivals killer, but a fun side event held up by devoted players and casual spectators there for novelty. I don't AT ALL believe Shreds and the Garf will be the end of content for the game either

Also, with the Multiversus leak talk I think we're having a Purple Monkey Dishwasher situation: the roster is real, but the Johnny/Battlefield background isn't - it's just part of a YouTube thumbnail and not even intended as a leak.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sad to see NASB hype die so quickly, but I'm absolutely not gonna go doomer mode - there'll at least be a short rise in interest once Garfield and items drop, and come Christmas servers will be packed. Additionally, I think this game will no doubt thrive as a competitive game - not a Smash killer or even a Rivals killer, but a fun side event held up by devoted players and casual spectators there for novelty. I don't AT ALL believe Shreds and the Garf will be the end of content for the game either

Also, with the Multiversus leak talk I think we're having a Purple Monkey Dishwasher situation: the roster is real, but the Johnny/Battlefield background isn't - it's just part of a YouTube thumbnail and not even intended as a leak.
If people wanna make sure this game doesn't go the way of the dodo, I think we're gonna have to start having laptops be the main system for hosting tournaments. They may not be as cheap as the Switch, but they're still portable and are able to be fully updated so you don't have to deal with Mikey being broken.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If people wanna make sure this game doesn't go the way of the dodo, I think we're gonna have to start having laptops be the main system for hosting tournaments. They may not be as cheap as the Switch, but they're still portable and are able to be fully updated so you don't have to deal with Mikey being broken.
Were people actually using the Switch? That sounds like a terrible console choice for any competitive game that isn't exclusive, even if they had same-day updates

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Were people actually using the Switch? That sounds like a terrible console choice for any competitive game that isn't exclusive, even if they had same-day updates
I play on the Switch version mostly due to convivence. I'll get the PC version soon enough. Thanks to the roll back on 1v1 I've not really had any issues with my matches. Plus if I want to take it with me...I can easily take my Switch. I can't with my PC. So it's optimal for my needs in general.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Wait do we have any solid proof that is fake? Did the creator come out and directly confirm it's fake or no? Do we have any sourced models that the "fake leak" took from? Anything at all? Because if not, I'm leaning toward it being real since Warner went out of their way to copyright strike Hbox's video AND his tweet that had the picture on it.
I didn’t say the roster image was fake, I was saying that the background image (behind the roster) was fake.

The Tom & Jerry and Batman models don’t match up with the leaked roster image. The background even uses the floating islands from Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Battlefield
437BE7D6-C8D7-40D0-8729-32BFC988DFD5.jpeg

AEF35741-CB2B-4D1B-9DC6-783C8A3617C1.jpeg

amageish

Smash Master

Yeah, it's sad to see the hype die on some level, but I also think that it could be good for the community to settle on its own for a bit. The Smash hype isn't going to carry NASB forever and not everyone cares about Nicktoons to the same level as they care about video games; it may be good long-term for the speculation side of things to move on towards Multiversus, so there's less people paying attention to NASB just to fill a void Smash has left in their lives and because of, you know, interest in NASB mechanically or its associated IPs.

I'm also, at least personally, kind of out of unique "I wonder what will happen next!" takes about NASB. I'm still playing the game, but I'm not good enough to have killer combos to post or anything. I am still consuming Nick content, but nothing new that I think merits everyone discussing for inclusion in NASB. Like, I have been reading the Kyoshi novels, which are super good and make me extra excited for the Avatar TTRPG next year, but I'm not going to sit here and be like "Yeah, they should put Rangi, a character exclusive to a novel, in the Nicktoons fighting game - they said no live-action characters, but they didn't say no novel characters!" unironically. She'd be great for an Avatar fighting game, but probably not worth considering here.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I didn’t say the roster image was fake, I was saying that the background image (behind the roster) was fake.

The Tom & Jerry and Batman models don’t match up with the leaked roster image. The background even uses the floating islands from Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Battlefield
View attachment 336060
View attachment 336064
Oh okay, my bad. I thought we had huge news that the roster image was fake as hell.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Even then, laptops suck. Long term, at least. Might as well just use the tower PC set ups at the big events at that point, especially if the PC's are needed for other games anywho.
okay yeah that's true

But we need to find SOME solution that isn't several updates behind and is compatible with the Gamecube adapter.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So, I had what I think is a pretty neat idea for a general mechanic in a moveset for Luan Loud, the comedy sister from Loud House. My familiarity with Loud House is very passing, so I'd love to hear feedback from Loud House fans in the thread, as well as anyone else.

Many if not all of Luan's attacks would be multi-hit moves that are split into 2 components: "Slapstick" (Physical) and "Stand-Up" (vocal). The physical and vocal hits could have different knockback, launch angles, etc. for each move, and could generally be distinguished by separate particle/slash effects.

The twist is that, by using a down special, Luan can deploy her ventrilloquist's dummy to hover at any position. With her dummy deployed, the Stand-Up component of the attacks appear relative to the dummy rather than Luan herself. This offers an interesting trade-off; in exchange for being able to use normal attacks remotely Luan becomes more vulnerable at close range as her attacks now are effectively less active and cover less space.

Let me know what y'all think.

amageish

Smash Master
So, I had what I think is a pretty neat idea for a general mechanic in a moveset for Luan Loud, the comedy sister from Loud House. My familiarity with Loud House is very passing, so I'd love to hear feedback from Loud House fans in the thread, as well as anyone else.

Many if not all of Luan's attacks would be multi-hit moves that are split into 2 components: "Slapstick" (Physical) and "Stand-Up" (vocal). The physical and vocal hits could have different knockback, launch angles, etc. for each move, and could generally be distinguished by separate particle/slash effects.

The twist is that, by using a down special, Luan can deploy her ventrilloquist's dummy to hover at any position. With her dummy deployed, the Stand-Up component of the attacks appear relative to the dummy rather than Luan herself. This offers an interesting trade-off; in exchange for being able to use normal attacks remotely Luan becomes more vulnerable at close range as her attacks now are effectively less active and cover less space.

Let me know what y'all think.
I like this premise, though it leaves me a little bit concerned about game balance? Mr. Coconuts working as a kind of Rosalina-and-Luma-esque thing where you can send out a projectile and then do neutral attacks that that projectile will also do is cool, though I think having that and also Luan having a follow-up move on every single one of her attacks would risk getting chaotic super fast, especially given that NASB already plays a lot quicker and more offensively then other platform fighters on the market do.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I like this premise, though it leaves me a little bit concerned about game balance? Mr. Coconuts working as a kind of Rosalina-and-Luma-esque thing where you can send out a projectile and then do neutral attacks that that projectile will also do is cool, though I think having that and also Luan having a follow-up move on every single one of her attacks would risk getting chaotic super fast, especially given that NASB already plays a lot quicker and more offensively then other platform fighters on the market do.
That's a good point. One thing to consider is that Luan doesn't get the stand-up component on both her own moves and on the dummy, it's either/or. If Mr. Coconuts is out, the stand-up hits fully transfer to him and she loses them at melee range.

Even still, balance would naturally be a big concern. Having the dummy have a limited active period and/or puttingly a significant cooldown on changing his position would be options for balancing the mechanic.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, I had this idea about Hugh (listen out to me on this) - what if his moveset involved duck and pie-themed inventions made by Jimbo for his dear old dad? Jimmy Neutron was one of the very few "kid with unlimited power" shows where said power wasn't a secret to the parents so I think it'd be quite cute to play into that.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So is the reason it's taking so long for the Switch version to get the current patch is because Nintendo has to approve it or something?

amageish

Smash Master
So is the reason it's taking so long for the Switch version to get the current patch is because Nintendo has to approve it or something?
Yeah, Nintendo's much more concerned about people using glitches in games to break the overall console (whether break in the "actually break the console and you can't play it anymore" sense or break in the "exploit a glitch to install mods and jailbreak your Switch" way) and therefore has a bit more rigorous process... which is very different from Steam who will just let you update the game no questions asked.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, Nintendo's much more concerned about people using glitches in games to break the overall console (whether break in the "actually break the console and you can't play it anymore" sense or break in the "exploit a glitch to install mods and jailbreak your Switch" way) and therefore has a bit more rigorous process... which is very different from Steam who will just let you update the game no questions asked.
So in other words, I just have to tough it out, then.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Too many people want to use Gamecube controllers to play this game. Including me.
Honestly, I really don't care for how NASB feels on a Gamecube controller. There's no strafe button and the muscle memory from Smash takes over too hard. The Pro Controller or even just the JoyCons work fine because the ABXY buttons being in a circle work for the three attack types better and strafing is possible.

Didn't Rep once say how many days Nintendo needs to evaluate an update? I think it was 21 or so.
Oh goodie! That's a heck of a long time!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Oh man, we're innovating for fighters as a whole now!
Hopefully this means Nigel's Flick won't whiff on CatDog anymore. It's happened to me so many times it's not even funny.
Jimmy Neutron was one of the very few "kid with unlimited power" shows where said power wasn't a secret to the parents
That's one of the things I really liked about it. The whole secret identity plot was kinda done to death in multiple shows so I'm glad JN didn't waste time with it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, I'm thinking a bit about Doug rep - and honestly, while I've brushed aside the idea of Quailman a few times in the past. now I think about it a hypnotism themed fighter could be really fun, someone who puts different effects on their foes. Perhaps Quailman's belt-mask buckle changes colour in a patterned order, with each colour signifying what effect he can cast with hypnotism next? Sorta like if Olimar had an unlimited supply of Pikmin but just for one, unstackable move but with more interesting effects than just "fire damage" and "electric damage".

I also think Roger, Skeeter, or Judy could all work really well.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm really tired of the "Why are the 80s turtles and Garfield here? They're not Nicktoons!" mentality

Can you imagine passing up the chance to get Garfield in your American cartoon themed crossover? Can you imagine forgoing your childhood favourite characters in favour of a more modern iteration you aren't as passionate about? Regardless of any consistent theming or direction, those aren't compromises worth making both business-wise and creative-wise - especially since it wouldn't cost a dime to add the "outliers". If this game was 100% SpongeBob, I'd be surprised if Garfield weren't a guest; same for Avatar and the Turtles

Top Bottom