• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
Already? I haven't even gotten the most current patch yet; last I checked, it still isn't available for the Switch.
Yeah, I'm guessing at this rate the Mikey infinite patch will be out on Switch around the time the first big balance patch is out on PC...

I really hope Garfield isn't late for Switch players.
I think that may end up being the case at this rate... Any paid DLC should be able to come out on every console at the same time, but their current approach to patches seems to be "Put it out on each system as it gets approved," instead of what I believe is the slightly more traditional approach of waiting for it to be approved on every system and then releasing it...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm guessing at this rate the Mikey infinite patch will be out on Switch around the time the first big balance patch is out on PC...

I think that may end up being the case at this rate... Any paid DLC should be able to come out on every console at the same time, but their current approach to patches seems to be "Put it out on each system as it gets approved," instead of what I believe is the slightly more traditional approach of waiting for it to be approved on every system and then releasing it...
What I'd do in this situation is make Garfield and Shredder free DLC downloadable seperately instead of an update - it would allow people who aren't fans of them or need to save space to not download and hopefully allow them to launch all at once.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
We might need to make a thread for this game.

A Couple of things to note: Papagenos expressed his opinions on the Warner Brothers Fighting Game, But please take this as his opinions if you don't disagree.

He also mentioned that he'd be making a DLC speculation video for Nick All-Star Brawl Soon, Which sounds nice.

Also some new notes coming from this game, They're going to include Cross Console Play(Let's Hope this means the games on console), voice acting, and Rick Sanchez is rumored to be in the game.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Multiversus is indeed a bad F2P game a la Brawlhalla, there is still something related to it to be hyped about: the initial leak stated multiple major game studios were working on their own platform fighters. Even if those games also end up being bad, more platfighters is good news - loosening Nintendo's monopoly and providing more titles for devs to learn from is a miracle.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
If Multiversus is indeed a bad F2P game a la Brawlhalla, there is still something related to it to be hyped about: the initial leak stated multiple major game studios were working on their own platform fighters. Even if those games also end up being bad, more platfighters is good news - loosening Nintendo's monopoly and providing more titles for devs to learn from is a miracle.
What I want is for one of them to figure out competitive supers in a platfighter, now that would be something.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The downside of this is the possibility of having more lower-quality platform fighters that show that having one that's pretty decent is harder than it looks.

Imitators of specific games is nothing new, but you can tell which are truly memorable when they do it right. Multiversus might be decent if it's not rushed to beyond repair levels, but as it stands few developer companies (mainly indie ones) "get" Smash.

I really hope Garfield isn't late for Switch players.

Should be interesting to see if they even point out specific release dates for each system when he drops.

You'd think the lack of a language barrier would actually prevent issues like this from happening, but apparently not.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
The downside of this is the possibility of having more lower-quality platform fighters that show that having one that's pretty decent is harder than it looks.

Imitators of specific games is nothing new, but you can tell which are truly memorable when they do it right. Multiversus might be decent if it's not rushed to beyond repair levels, but as it stands few developer companies (mainly indie ones) "get" Smash.
Being fair. The genre is full of stinkers which is the reason Smash has never gotten much competition. I still expect to see bad platform fighters but at least, this should increase the chances for good ones.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Apparently there was a legit roster leak for that Multiversus

If this is legit that roster is actually pretty great IMO.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Being fair. The genre is full of stinkers which is the reason Smash has never gotten much competition. I still expect to see bad platform fighters but at least, this should increase the chances for good ones.
The definition of "competition" would be vaguely definable in this case beyond "game play fast and good in big events", as each platform fighter IP's roster covers its own niche.

I mean, there's already some pro players out there that couldn't give a rat's arse about NASB's characters being from cartoons and are just interested in the gameplay mechanics.

Personally I don't think anything would quite perfectly eclipse Smash's quality and popularity, but it would be nice to have some alternatives that can cater to anyone trying to want Goku or Iron Man in there. That much I could reasonably expect.

So, do you think these social media posts from Nick mean anything? I think that at most they mean "Nick corporate wouldn't veto these characters" - which would be good news for Dora.
The last time I saw a company say "hypothetically" in regards to at least one character, it didn't amount to much for the near future, so, probably not.

Although they might be teasing whoever it is they already picked from the start, in regards to DLC (although Doug might be a far shot).

That said, anyone expecting something that's not boring in the State of Play today?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Steven looks terrifying. Reminds me of this

The 1 symbols pretty much confirm this is gacha. Yikes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Honestly, I won't mind it being the lottery as long as the gameplay isn't, well, unplayable. Also, can't say I'm surprised that they went with modern!Harley. I prefer the classic one, but I'll take what I can get.

If nothing else, the art style and direction looks perfect for the type of game that it is, nobody really sticks out that much.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Yes, its a nice look. I still would rather stay away. Easy addiction runs in the family and I would rather avoid it. Its also the reason I dont drink or smoke.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At any rate, we'll have to wait and see if the gameplay lets you have the option to get in-game currency without necessarily needing to go through any paycheque burning just to throw a punch at someone. There are some games out there that are beatable without ever needing to pay for bitcoins (therefore letting you cheese the system if one is good enough of a player).

There's still paid DLC characters, but that's a standard for the genre at this point.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

So, do you think these social media posts from Nick mean anything? I think that at most they mean "Nick corporate wouldn't veto these characters" - which would be good news for Dora.
Given that the Nick YouTube community channel posts have also been flooding my YouTube homepage with questions about what Jade and Beck (from Victorious) getting married would be like? I don't think this mean much at all.

Kind of surprised they bothered to put Doug on the survey though, given Disney owning him...

That roster looks... fine. I don't think the numbers have to mean it is a gacha game, as it could just be a levelling system a la PSASBR, but F2P means there will be some sort of monetization that will likely suck. I'm just hoping it is more Smite-style and less Pokemon-Unite-style!

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I know he's from a mature bloody horror movie but I really hope they add Freddy Krueger in Warner Bros. Multiversus

Hey if rated M characters like Snake, Joker and Bayonetta can be in Smash with Mii costumes based on Doom and DMC then I see no reason why he couldn't be in this game

But I also hope the add Classic Ben 10, Raven from Teen Titans and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat

My biggest fear if the F2P thing comes true is that the game will only let you do online match making and nothing else. I wouldn't mind a F2P Platform Fighter or a rotation system as long as I can still unlock all the characters in my own time and if I can still do more than just online exclusive stuff. I want to be able to fight CPUs or friends locally, play through an arcade, training mode, event match, ect. Plus my Wi-fi is not that great without an ethernet cable so if that turns out to be the case I'm basically screwed. Plus it's one of the reasons why I stopped playing League and didn't put that much time in Brawlhalla. Let me do some stuff offline and only bring in the online for matchmaking or to sign into my account (assuming F2P would require a sign in like League)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Welp, this roster does basically nothing for me. Call me narrow-minded, but the only characters on there that catch my eye are Tom & Jerry, who we already knew were in from the text leak anyway. I sure hope this doesn't end up being the full roster, because it honestly seems kinda lame if you're not into 2010's CN, DC, or LOTR.
Either way, I'm totally expecting to see this game at the State of Play presentation later today, for it to confirm everything I've been thinking about it, and to never look at it again.

amageish

Smash Master
I forgot to reply to this: Yeah, I 100% agree. Multiversus isn't super hype for me right now, but the idea of more platform fighters is fantastic in general. I'm curious what other companies are up to and what kind of things we will see in the coming years...

This is not the full roster of the game, because Fred Flintstone, Johnny Bravo, and Mad Max (who were in the text leak) are not shown.
I think it is reasonable-ish to assume this is the launch roster, with them doing the increasingly-common F2P game strategy of releasing a character every week or so for the first month and a bit of the game's life as a way of getting consistent engagement, ensure content continues to be made about the game, etc. Definitely could use some more diverse pulls at the moment, as DC is almost a third of the roster right now.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I generally don't like shill picks for recent releases, but I'm all for Parker the Cloud in Nick Brawl. Given how Nick corporate can act their new shows need all the help they can get; and Parker could be really fun as a small shapeshifter with weather powers and mail delivery-themed moves - also I really like the design of Angus.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Regardless what happens, I can see some fans get desperate enough and beg for this to become real.

I generally don't like shill picks for recent releases, but I'm all for Parker the Cloud in Nick Brawl. Given how Nick corporate can act their new shows need all the help they can get; and Parker could be really fun as a small shapeshifter with weather powers and mail delivery-themed moves - also I really like the design of Angus.
I'm partial to Russell myself.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, if they're bad, then no, all that does is re-affirm that Nintendo wears the crown of platform fighters.

There's hundreds of bad shooters out there, yet Call of Duty wears the crown for FPS games(Last I checked), same with Battle Royales and Fortnite iirc.

Having a bunch of bad games doesn't loosen a monopoly, all it does is strengthen the public's opinion that one series is better than the rest.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I mean, if they're bad, then no, all that does is re-affirm that Nintendo wears the crown of platform fighters.

There's hundreds of bad shooters out there, yet Call of Duty wears the crown for FPS games(Last I checked), same with Battle Royales and Fortnite iirc.

Having a bunch of bad games doesn't loosen a monopoly, all it does is strengthen the public's opinion that one series is better than the rest.
True, but at least there are good ones now on top of the shlock. That alone makes the current state of platform fighters LEAGUES better than it was ten years ago.

Shroob

Sup?
True, but at least there are good ones now on top of the shlock. That alone makes the current state of platform fighters LEAGUES better than it was ten years ago.
I mean, there have been good ones for awhile now.

But they haven't even begun to touch Smash's monopoly on the genre.

I like NASB a lot, but I hold no illusion that it's done anything to Smash in terms of shaking it from its pedestal, and this new Warner game won't either.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I have been looking at the leaked roster image and I keep looking at those blue pants above Harley? Does anyone have any theories, my guess is that those pants belong to Johnny Bravo. Finn appears to not be selected and the pants seem to be too big & long.
754D98FD-D684-4589-8FC9-7073530C41B4.jpeg

No matter what platform fighting game there is, there will always be sone type of leg girl and foot guy somewhere.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have been looking at the leaked roster image and I keep looking at those blue pants above Harley? Does anyone have any theories, my guess is that those pants belong to Johnny Bravo. Finn appears to not be selected and the pants seem to be too big & long.
View attachment 335939
No matter what platform fighting game there is, there will always be sone type of leg girl and foot guy somewhere.
Looks too long to be Johnny's legs

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Regarding the Multiversus thing

Regardless what happens, I can see some fans get desperate enough and beg for this to become real.

I'm partial to Russell myself.
That's the interesting thing to me,

I think now it's gonna be a race between Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl and WB Multiversus for whtwill get the rights to use Goku first,
Considering that both Viacom and WB have a history with the dragon ball franchise (Nickelodeon airings and Toonami airings)
And Nickelodeon all-star Brawl devs have already teased about the possibility of Goku in that one interview (though might just be a joke, but who knows), which might encourage WB to try and get the rights faster

amageish

Smash Master
Welp. State of Play came and went with no Warner Bros fighter... It's leaking so much that it feels like it must be revealed soon though - maybe there's a closed beta going on with some less-then-NDA-following beta testers, then it'll be revealed and shadowdropped soon? Idk...

Anyway, I generally feel more platform fighters are neat, even if some fail to meet the bar. While bad platform fighters won't challenge the monopoly Nintendo effectively has on the genre, more platform fighters in general will result in the idea of the genre existing outside of Smash more understandable and eventually people will start calling them platform fighters instead of just "Smash knock-offs"... hopefully.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Finally got my physical copy for NASB for switch :>

Still sad to hear the switch version hasn't gotten any major updates yet unlike the other versions apparently :<
Now That Sounds Rather Sad to Hear, I thought it got a recent update just about last weekend(or this weekend? i can't remember)
View attachment 335939
Apparently, i found a full version of this image that covers most of a background with some characters in it such as Batman, There was a glimpse of Johnny Bravo for the background i can only remember seeing his hair and pants not sure if his shirt was shown too, Scooby-Doo! was on the menu to so this might mean he's playable in the game.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, i found a full version of this image that covers most of a background with some characters in it such as Batman, There was a glimpse of Johnny Bravo for the background i can only remember seeing his hair and pants not sure if his shirt was shown too, Scooby-Doo! was on the menu to so this might mean he's playable in the game.
Mind sharing this image in a spoiler? I'm genuinely curious

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Now That Sounds Rather Sad to Hear, I thought it got a recent update just about last weekend(or this weekend? i can't remember)

Is this the image?
26B67A8C-75E6-4C24-B0D3-F9E7C97CCC16.jpeg

It’s a thumbnail used by a YouTuber called Kiji, it’s fake. Tom’s fur is a different color, Tom’s arm position is a little off, and Batman’s eyes seem weird. The biggest problem with the image is that it uses Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Battlefield as a background. It tricked me too for a second at first.
0A0CB667-872A-4D36-9C08-92CECDF2C3C3.jpeg

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Is this the image?
View attachment 336014
It’s a thumbnail used by a YouTuber called Kiji, it’s fake. Tom’s fur is a different color, Tom’s arm position is a little off, and Batman’s eyes seem weird. The biggest problem with the image is that it uses Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Battlefield as a background. It tricked me too for a second at first.
View attachment 336016
Thanks for confirming this to me, i didn't think it'd be fake.

Top Bottom