• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Damn, leg girl discussion has been pretty heated. o_0
Probably because quite a few people here seem incredibly convinced that "Leg Girl" can't be ANYONE other than the live-action version of Dora despite the fact that absolutely nothing has been confirmed about her yet.

And people like me are slightly annoyed by this because the idea of LA Dora being in as opposed to the original sounds incredibly stupid and a cheap means of advertising this supposed live-action series that's coming out, which when combine with how insistent those above people are with this idea that they immediately shoot down any other possibility to the point that it comes across as somewhat arrogant...it's getting annoying and draining at this point.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I think the identity of leg girl isn't that important. Even if Dora is in the cover, if stage theory is correct we would get a third TMNT character and April could be in. If April is the one on the boxart, Dora could still happen with her Cartoon design because even if Nick Jr character are not usually in those games, Dora is very popular so she could have been considered by Ludosity.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honestly I think the identity of leg girl isn't that important. Even if Dora is in the cover, if stage theory is correct we would get a third TMNT character and April could be in. If April is the one on the boxart, Dora could still happen with her Cartoon design because even if Nick Jr character are not usually in those games, Dora is very popular so she could have been considered by Ludosity.
Yeah, sounds like a good guess.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, while I'm not particularly fond of Dora in general (I find her show kind of falls into the category of little kid shows that feel like they talk down to their audience), I'm not opposed to her being playable as I think you could make a pretty interesting moveset with her (and heck, after Nigel Thornberry, a lot's possible now).

...I just don't want her being based on the live-action version; I mean, imagine that version of her utilizing the living objects from the show; it would look rather weird, wouldn't it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Damn, leg girl discussion has been pretty heated. o_0
Just be glad it's not the general. Talking about body parts at all gets you the stink eye from other people.

But yeah, I'm honestly getting tired of the dumb leg theory already and almost wish that tomorrow's news would debunk some part of it and get everyone to drop it.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
That isn't the live action Dora though, that's Nick Jr. Dora with very slight adjustments to resemble LA Dora a little better - which, if used in a context other than LA Dora having a hallucination, would just come off as an off-model NJ Dora.
But why would it be a new design based off the actor when there's a perfectly good animated character design right there right from the source?

I don't think it's either Dora or April honestly, I'm anticipating it's gonna be another foot blob/Leonardo situation where none of anyone's guesses were right.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
But why would it be a new design based off the actor when there's a perfectly good animated character design right there right from the source?
Because it is almost identical to the Nick Jr. version, which traces back to the sole reason people are speculating Dora getting in at all: Nick wouldn't want NJ Dora fighting, but LA Dora is fine. Hallucination Dora is just NJ Dora with LA Dora's miniscule outfit changes.

Another thing to note: Would April even fit with that much significance on the box art? in the background with Oblina and PTM I'd understand, but not center stage. She's an iconic character with a huge fanbase, sure, but she's not exactly a copy-pusher either - especially with Zim, a character better known to many for merchandise than his show, seemingly MIA from the box.

The only time she's ever had this much prominence in game promo materials to my knowledge are the arcade games, which were clearly more of an "kids are already sold by the turtles, let's hook the teens with booba" deal than a "people like April, so let's show that she's in!" deal - you just need to look at any 80s pinball machine to see this marketing trend.

Now that watching kids' shows (or playing games based on them) as an adult, while still not fully normalised, isn't as frowned upon; sexualised games have formed their own niche; and concerns have been raised about sexualisation in kids' media there'd really be no room for a sexualised April on this box, and from a marketing standpoint a non-sexualised April just wouldn't sell copies - she has her fans, but she's not on the star level of the other front-and-center characters when it comes to selling copies - in fact, if this was April she'd take up more of the box art than Ren & Stimpy - two of Nick's most popular characters! (not saying that April is a "bland sex appeal character" of course, simply saying that'd be the only reason to give her such high billing on the box art for a crossover)

Dora, on the other hand, could significantly boost sales. "I get to beat people up as Dora" is a factor that could lead to a LOT of impulse buys and novelty purchases - hence why leg girl takes up so much space on the box. A character as frequently-mocked and generally pacifistic as Dora appearing in a fighting game would convince a lot of people who aren't die-hard Nick fans to play the game for laughs. Sure, the movie design is less iconic and therefore less recognisable, but the simple image of a Latino girl wearing a pink shirt, purple backpack and orange shorts with the Nickelodeon logo beneath her should be enough to get across the message that "yes, your eyes don't decieve you, that's Dora."

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Crazy idea here, but maybe the leg girl is a character from a live action show that isn't Dora. The devs have said that they proposed Alex Mack who got turned down by Nick. So, they are at least open to the idea of live action characters getting into the game.

No clue how plausible this idea could be since the only characters I can think of that might fit are Carly/Sam from iCarly, Tori/Kat/Jade/Trina from Victorious, Jennifer/Coconut Head from Ned's Declassified, or Zoey from Zoey 101

FreeFox

Smash Lord
In this case, if Norbert/Dagget or Henry/June weren't duo fighters, would Dagget be Norbert's alt costume and/or June Henry's?
I suppose it could be a possibility. Not that it would matter much considering there is no voice acting.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I saw earlier that there was a discussion on unlockables. Something that I would like a lot would be something similar to trophies or spirits in Smash that could represent different characters or famous locations of Nickelodeon show, but considering the small development time I'm not sure if they would have the time to focus on that. I don't think we'll get unlockable music, I don't even think the game will have music from any show. Unlockable alts costume could be a possibility.

On another topic, the second trailer still didn't showcase items, so at this point I'm assuming that the game will not have any, unless they show it tomorrow.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
...Wait, what is he referring to when talking about a piece of art? Also, what exactly is he saying about said art?

Also also, if nothing else, considering my...issues...regarding Echo Fighters, I'm glad that All-Star Brawl won't be having them.
people were talking quite a bit about the boxart and someone kept saying it couldn't be April because of how prominently featured she was on the boxart

I'm not saying it's a guarantee but it's just kind of looking more and more likely

7NATOR

Smash Master
...Wait, what is he referring to when talking about a piece of art? Also, what exactly is he saying about said art?

Also also, if nothing else, considering my...issues...regarding Echo Fighters, I'm glad that All-Star Brawl won't be having them.
He's talking about the Boxart for the game, and what he's saying is that They have all the assets to add in any character from the roster on the Boxart, in whatever location on the Boxart. The Boxart that was leaked, that people use to speculate is just one potential version of all of that

What he's also trying to say is not to pay too much mind into the Positions or presence (or lack there of) of the characters in that Boxart leak. It may also be suggested that the Boxart we saw leaked isn't final

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Further solidifies my hope for Raph and Donnie as they would be extremely unique and take some of the more crazier things they've done (Donnie's gadget potential than just the staff he's always seen primarily using and not much else). Would be a nice change of pace for the two.
So, we might have 5 TMNT characters? Damn, I am not sure how I feel about that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Further solidifies my hope for Raph and Donnie as they would be extremely unique and take some of the more crazier things they've done (Donnie's gadget potential than just the staff he's always seen primarily using and not much else). Would be a nice change of pace for the two.
How does it further solidify hope if I may ask? All I read of it is that if we get all 4 turtles then they'd all be unique, especially with that remark a while ago said not to expect characters just because somebody they're associated with is playable

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Considering the Kart Racer had 5 TMNT characters compared to Spongebob getting 4, I don't think it'd be that weird to have it where spongebob has 3 reps with TMNT getting 4. I do think 5 is pushing it though, I believe the only reason it'd outnumber most is cause of how none of the turtles are more important than one another.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
How does it further solidify hope if I may ask? All I read of it is that if we get all 4 turtles then they'd all be unique, especially with that remark a while ago said not to expect characters just because somebody they're associated with is playable
It solidifies it, aka, making me want them more as they wouldn't play the same and be extremely unique, which is part of what I argued for and wanted

Also, that remark was followed up with this... so exceptions tend to be made and the devs have shown to be fairly biased in their own right. It should not be treated as the "end all" or a huge disconfirmation of some things.

Receipt Group Enjoyer.jpg

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It solidifies it, aka, making me want them more as they wouldn't play the same and be extremely unique, which is part of what I argued for and wanted

Also, that remark was followed up with this... so exceptions tend to be made and the devs have shown to be fairly biased in their own right. It should not be treated as the "end all" or a huge disconfirmation of some things.

View attachment 327804
Ah, you meant your own preferences, my bad, that's fair.

Fair enough too though I'd argue there's more potential evidence for less than all 4 but that's neither here nor there

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 327785
View attachment 327786
View attachment 327787

NickBrawl fans eating well as far as tidbits and info goes
Yeah, it was obvious the Turtles would at least be mostly unique. Even their own games gradually gave them distinct moves.

View attachment 327804

Like I've said, if Raph and Don miss the launch somehow, you could bet on them being among the first DLC.

Assuming Nick doesn't treat this like Smash 64. :luigi64:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
A city background with Channel 6 news as part of it is one of the TMNT stages so that's some evidence for April
As is Technodrome, so there's evidence for Shredder.

Either way, I'm predicting that we'll get only one more TMNT character and I feel like we will NOT get all 4 turtles as playable fighters, in base game at least.

I'm also going to make safe predictions for today's reveals, but part of me hopes for surprised reveals.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Today's reveals are probably going to be "safe" reveals. Something that the general public would be hype about. IMO, the safest bet would be an Aang and Korra double reveal.

Here is my current roster prediction for the 8 left.
  • Ren & Stimpy
  • CatDog
  • Aang
  • Korra
  • April O'Neal
  • Rocko
  • If nick plays ball with Frederator, Timmy Turner and Jenny Rockman.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I can picture having moveset inspiration from this game:
(Stimpy throwing Ren like a boomerang and turning him into a shovel, have them be able to swap)
Honestly I don't care too much about Ren and Stimpy moveset, but I hope they do something fun with their animations. For me the reason why this show is so iconic is because of the very weird and unique animation style, so I hope they capture that in the game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Today's reveals are probably going to be "safe" reveals. Something that the general public would be hype about. IMO, the safest bet would be an Aang and Korra double reveal.

Here is my current roster prediction for the 8 left.
  • Ren & Stimpy
  • CatDog
  • Aang
  • Korra
  • April O'Neal
  • Rocko
  • If nick plays ball with Frederator, Timmy Turner and Jenny Rockman.
Frederator won't be a problem, unless a company like Disney or Universal buys them out.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't care too much about Ren and Stimpy moveset, but I hope they do something fun with their animations. For me the reason why this show is so iconic is because of the very weird and unique animation style, so I hope they capture that in the game.
I picture them stretching and squashing as well being bit janky like Wario

Top Bottom