• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be weird if Reptar was the only fighter without a home stage. It makes it look like the devs hate Rugrats and want to give it as little content as possible. And if Reptar doesn't have a stage, then what would the 22nd stage be?
Legends of the Hidden Temple, duh. :4pacman:

But really though, I can't help but think the devs are expecting to get more to work with if DLC gets approved sometime down the line (or Nick just greenlights NASB 2 for 2023).

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
with such an emphasis on duos in the trailer, it made me wonder if the reason they're being so secretive of the main gameplay is because this game is actually going to be a tag fighter on top of being a platform fighter. Probably not, but it was a fun idea that I decided to apply to my roster prediction from earlier

22 roster prediction duos.PNG

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Are we really sure that there'll be a 1:1 ratio between characters and stages? Because if so, which Spongebob character would go with the Flying Dutchman's Graveyard?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It would be weird if Reptar was the only fighter without a home stage. It makes it look like the devs hate Rugrats and want to give it as little content as possible. And if Reptar doesn't have a stage, then what would the 22nd stage be?
I mean, we don't even know if every character will have a stage, so maybe we won't have 22. I do agree that it would be weird no to give Rugrats a stage, it just weird that they didn't showcase it in this new trailer.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Process of elimination. Perhaps they didn't see much unique stage potential in the Treedome.
...Or people are trying to stretch things for the whole "1:1 stage/character ratio thing", even if it doesn't make sense for the character in question.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, for what it's worth, the most recent trailer heavily associated Sandy with the Flying Dutchman's Ship. I think they're going with one stage per character per franchise, but they don't necessarily need to relate.

For example, I don't think the Technodrome means we're getting Shredder.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, for what it's worth, the most recent trailer heavily associated Sandy with the Flying Dutchman's Ship. I think they're going with one stage per character per franchise, but they don't necessarily need to relate.

For example, I don't think the Technodrome means we're getting Shredder.
This could be a "Young Link on Jungle Japes" scenario - perhaps the rooftops belong to Mikey and the Technodrome belongs to Leo, but the sewers are Stimpy's stage instead for that gross-out connection for example.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Basically I see two options here.

1) We're getting a third TMNT character and one of the existing stages is theirs.

2) Two of the stages are actually two different parts of a travelling stage, meaning the current number of stages matches with the two TMNT members.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we have a stage for every character sans Reptar, currently. It definitely feels like each stage related to a character at least by series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Ahh, in that case, Jellyfish Fields must be Spunch Bop's, Glove World is Pot Rice's, and the Dutchman's Ship must be Sundial's."

...But that doesn't make sense; Sandy has nothing to do with the Flying Dutchman.
Process of elimination. Perhaps they didn't see much unique stage potential in the Treedome.
It looks to me like the staff picked stages for locations they really liked from the show. Never mind if it doesn't match the characters, Glove World and the Dutchman's ship are cool to them, damn it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Ahh, in that case, Jellyfish Fields must be Spunch Bop's, Glove World is Pot Rice's, and the Dutchman's Ship must be Sundial's."

...But that doesn't make sense; Sandy has nothing to do with the Flying Dutchman.
If Anything, The Dutchman's Ship would work well for Mr. Krabs.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I did one last time my prediction in image format, because we now have more information (like the roster being 22 characters).
myroster.png

April could be replace by Shredder, but I'm leaning a bit more toward her. I think Bloom is more likely than Jenny Wakeman because of the more recent revival. Rocko seems like a good fit if they want one last 90's character. I think Ren & Stimpy are most likely a duo because if the theory about each fighter having a stage is true, then having them separate would mean having 3 Ren & Stimpy stages which seems like a bit too much.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
This could be a "Young Link on Jungle Japes" scenario - perhaps the rooftops belong to Mikey and the Technodrome belongs to Leo, but the sewers are Stimpy's stage instead for that gross-out connection for example.
I see your thought process here, but doesn't the sewers stage have Mondo Gecko in the background. To me, it would just seem weird to have TMNT characters in the background for what would be Ren & Stimpy's stage.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Giving my 2 cents on the stages thing, I think stage theory is legit…..kind of

See, one of the devs made an interesting comment when asked about a Rugrats stage being in

23C20554-4C92-490B-BC7A-1707718A5A60.jpeg

Quicksand seems like an odd thing to specify but I think it’s actually a pretty good lead. You see, years ago, there was a crossover movie between Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys titled “Rugrats Go Wild”, and I’m about 99% positive there was a scene involving quicksand in that film.

So, I predict that the Wild Thornberrys stage may actually be a Rugrats Go Wild stage, and is functioning as the single stage for Rugrats AND Wild Thornberrys. So wouldn’t this kill stage theory? Not necessarily, as I recall in Kart Racers 2 they had stages that weren’t associated with any playable characters like a Double Dare stage.

I believe that the extra stage space a Rugrats Go Wild stage would open up for stage theory could potentially be a game show stage instead. Whether it’s Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Nick Arcade, doesn’t make a different really

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Jimmy's issue would be that Nick doesn't cater much to nostalgia for the show/movie, even with plenty of memes showing that plenty of people still remember it.
A little late to this, but I feel the need to comment on this because I don't really understand why people think Nick has "forgotten" about Jimmy.
Ever since Planet Sheen was cancelled, Nick has:
-Used Jimmy in an Asian exclusive crossover game (2019)
-Made a theme park ride based on JN (2019)
-Is planning on releasing the full show on DVD (2021)
-Added the show to Hulu, and later to Paramount + (2021)
-Added the movie to Netflix (2019)
-Continues to air reruns on side channels (ongoing)
-Heard a script for a revival from the creator (2016)
-Had the VA vouch that they want a reboot (2020)
-Had Hugh's VA vouch he’d voice the character in NASB and hint at revival talks (2021)
-Gathered the entire cast for a reunion panel at LACC (2018)

Does Nick really not care about Jimmy Neutron? If anything, I think all of the recent buzz on top of the DVD collection coming out soon honestly bodes extremely well for not even just Jimmy and Hugh in NASB, but also the long-awaited revival of the series.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
with such an emphasis on duos in the trailer, it made me wonder if the reason they're being so secretive of the main gameplay is because this game is actually going to be a tag fighter on top of being a platform fighter. Probably not, but it was a fun idea that I decided to apply to my roster prediction from earlier

View attachment 327586
Why still put April as the girl on the box art? We can see clearly that it doesn't match April's outfit at all.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Giving my 2 cents on the stages thing, I think stage theory is legit…..kind of

See, one of the devs made an interesting comment when asked about a Rugrats stage being in

View attachment 327602
Quicksand seems like an odd thing to specify but I think it’s actually a pretty good lead. You see, years ago, there was a crossover movie between Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys titled “Rugrats Go Wild”, and I’m about 99% positive there was a scene involving quicksand in that film.

So, I predict that the Wild Thornberrys stage may actually be a Rugrats Go Wild stage, and is functioning as the single stage for Rugrats AND Wild Thornberrys. So wouldn’t this kill stage theory? Not necessarily, as I recall in Kart Racers 2 they had stages that weren’t associated with any playable characters like a Double Dare stage.

I believe that the extra stage space a Rugrats Go Wild stage would open up for stage theory could potentially be a game show stage instead. Whether it’s Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Nick Arcade, doesn’t make a different really
I mean, it could be a stage in a sandbox.

Also, have we considered the possibility that, idk, they might not have finished the Rugrats stage yet?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Why still put April as the girl on the box art? We can see clearly that it doesn't match April's outfit at all.
I’ll try to keep this as brief as I can
  • Leg Girl doesn’t perfectly match anyone. Period. If she did we would know who it is by now. So saying it can’t be someone because it doesn’t exactly look like them doesn’t work no matter who you’re talking about. Obviously it has to resemble leg girl, but clearly whoever she is isn’t a dead on match
  • That being said, April seems the most likely to me. The website implies we’re not getting antagonists (I’d say villains but we have Zim so) and getting 3 TMNT reps total would lineup with stage theory
  • In the second trailer, Mikey is shown alongside Technodrome while Leo is shown alongside the sewers, leaving the rooftops with channel 6 visible to presumably April
  • They’ve already set a precedent of not going with the most obvious choices (Arnold and the Rugrats come to mind) so I don’t see why TMNT (given the slots we have left at this point) couldn’t have just 3
  • Leg Girl just so happening to be near Leo feels like too much of a coincidence when on the opposite side of the boxart we have Aang and Korra next to each other

Ultimately it’s not a guarantee and it’s far from confirmed (hence why she’s part of my prediction), but looking at the potential options (Dora, Carly, Miko, Bloom), I feel like April is the most likely choice

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I think its time to add my predictions into the mix:
From the 8 waiting to be revealed:
-First, my initial position for a 1 in 2 for Ren and Stimpy remains.
-I am going with the Dora option for mysterious girl
The other three characters I am going to guess for Jenny, The beavers and Rocko. (Sorry Donnie. I dont think you are likely....)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
  • Leg Girl doesn’t perfectly match anyone. Period. If she did we would know who it is by now. So saying it can’t be someone because it doesn’t exactly look like them doesn’t work no matter who you’re talking about. Obviously it has to resemble leg girl, but clearly whoever she is isn’t a dead on match
  • That being said, April seems the most likely to me. The website implies we’re not getting antagonists (I’d say villains but we have Zim so) and getting 3 TMNT reps total would lineup with stage theory
  • In the second trailer, Mikey is shown alongside Technodrome while Leo is shown alongside the sewers, leaving the rooftops with channel 6 visible to presumably April
  • They’ve already set a precedent of not going with the most obvious choices (Arnold and the Rugrats come to mind) so I don’t see why TMNT (given the slots we have left at this point) couldn’t have just 3
  • Leg Girl just so happening to be near Leo feels like too much of a coincidence when on the opposite side of the boxart we have Aang and Korra next to each other

Ultimately it’s not a guarantee and it’s far from confirmed (hence why she’s part of my prediction), but looking at the potential options (Dora, Carly, Miko, Bloom), I feel like April is the most likely choice
When you say "Carly", are you talking about the main character of iCarly? Also, who's Miko and what show is she from?

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

But that's the thing, if the box art got every other character right then it wouldn't make sense if April doesn't match. Her 80s design has zero resemblance, and for all we know it's a different character entirely. You're limiting yourself to the "potential options" which is why people were wrong before about the guesses related to the "blob thing" that was just Leo.

Hell, for all we know "leg girl" is actually Nigel Thornberry or some nonsense.

"Leg Girl" being near Leo doesn't mean much as we're bound to have mismatched characters on the banner. Spongebob is going to be front and center for example and other characters are going to have people near them. Like, Korra and Aang aren't going to be a distance away from the rest, other characters are going to be near Korra and Aang.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
1629901615774.png

I remember a while back I originally said the reason all 4 TMNT weren't in the initial trailer was because either they were using radically different designs from the 87 turtles, or they're just not in (I came to this conclusion because with the first trailer being an earlier build and all 4 TMNT most likely sharing very similar models, they likely would've already been completed by the time that trailer dropped, and thus, would've all been shown off) Combine this with these sais', and yeah, I'd say the writings on the wall

just Leo and Mikey as far as the turtles go. now it's April vs Shredder vs Neither

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 327667

I remember a while back I originally said the reason all 4 TMNT weren't in the initial trailer was because either they were using radically different designs from the 87 turtles, or they're just not in (I came to this conclusion because with the first trailer being an earlier build and all 4 TMNT most likely sharing very similar models, they likely would've already been completed by the time that trailer dropped, and thus, would've all been shown off) Combine this with these sais', and yeah, I'd say the writings on the wall

just Leo and Mikey as far as the turtles go. now it's April vs Shredder vs Neither
It'd been speculated on by quite a few people, myself included but damn, it's still pretty ****ing weird knowing they're not going to be all together

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 327667

Those are actually the foot soldiers sais', they're entirely black instead of having the brown wrap around them like Raph's. I'm not super confident in all 4 at this point, it'd be really weird to split them up though.

Edit: here's a reference

foot-soldier-14057.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom