• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

7NATOR

Smash Master
Unless they keeping characters secret, 22 seems to be the number. Lower than what I was expecting (28), but seems reasonable given the amount of time in development and the fact Ludocity is a Small Dev team anyway

This also means there's really only 3 (and maybe a 1/2) characters to speculate about, since we already Know Aang, Korra, Ren/Stimpy, and Catdog. The Half is whether you believe the Kicking girl is Dora or April (Leaning towards Dora). I also believe Ren and Stimpy will be a Duo Fighter, not 2 separate Fighters (This might be part of why Powdered Toast man was shown off first, since Developing Duo Fighter is harder than singular)

Here my Predictions (and some questions) with the info

-Donnie and Raph might actually not be in, which is crazy to believe.

-I think the 2 reveals are gonna be Aang and Korra. Eyes are gonna be at Gamescom, and Avatar really big

-The Artwork on the Twitter page is from the Boxart, so does this mean Danny Phantom is on the Boxart? (Maybe it's on the Backside of it)

-As for the Last 3 Fighters that we don't know about, I think these fighters are gonna have the following characteristics

--These Characters are either more Niche, or at the least not the Big guns of Nickelodeon in terms of popularity and such. as an example, the Seeming absence of Timmy and Jimmy on the Cover leads me to believe they aren't in the Game (at least in Base) Since considering their notoriety (especially Fairly Odd Parents) I Imagine they would be on the Boxart. I don't think the Franchise as to be Niche in all actually, I just don't think they are gonna be the Standout Huge hits ore anything. This doesn't count supporting characters however, as Sandy and Mikey are absent from the Boxart as an example, despite the both of them being well Known Characters

--These characters might be more mechanically complex. One thing I'm noticing with the Unofficially revealed characters from the Box art is that they would likely have some Complex Mechanics, more than the Fighter Officially revealed.

Aang and Korra have the Avatar state, which might be some sort of Install. Ren and Stimpy might be duo fighters, which are complex to make, and I don't even have to get started with Catdog. if the Unknown Girl is Dora, I Imagine she would have alot of 4th wall breaking things, which would be interesting to Implement

--These Fighters might have been ones Nickelodeon intially would refuse. Remember that statement about how the Dev Team had to convince Nick for months to add in Nigel and Lucy to the Roster, they also said "Some other characters". I don't think they were referring to Fighters already revealed on the Roster, and I doubt any of the Boxart characters would fall into this, Except for perhaps Dora since perhaps Nick was reluctant on her due to Dora' Image. Might be why it it's using Movie design. Why Nick would refuse certain fighters might come down to this

---Whether being the Sole rep, or being a secondary addition, might not have been the Character Nick was looking at to represent a Particular Series, or was not the Additional character they wanted represented (The Former with Nigel, and probably the latter with Lucy, perhaps because they wanted another Loud House character instead, especially if slots are so tight)

---The Series the character comes from might have been too Niche to Nick. All the Series represented in the game are well-Known Nick Series. even if some of the choices are weird and surprising to Some (Oblina, Powdered Toast Man, Reptar, Helga, and Nigel come to mind), Ultimately they are asscioated with Well Known Nick Series. Invader Zim is the only Series represented that had less than 3 seasons (only have 2), but the Fanbase it appeals to is not only different from alot of the Nick Series in History, but also is a big one at that, and it is well Loved

---Licensing Issues. We know that the Dev Team tried to go for Alex Mack (which I was surprised to know had 4 Seasons), but I assume having to pay for Likeliness might have cost issues. Besides any character from a Live Action show, Licensing also affects Fairly Odd Parents, My Life as a Teenage Robot, and Chalkzone (FOP, MLAATR, and Chalk have rights ties to Federator, with FOP having additional Royalties pays with Butch)

People will point to the Super Brawl Flash games, and the Super Brawl Game on Mobile. For one, Those games were free unlike with this game, which would have the Companies involved Perhaps taking a share of the Profit, or at the least affecting into the Budget for All Star Brawl, which increases the amount the Actual game needs to make in sakes. Plus I think it says something that Timmy and Jenny were added later on in the Super Brawl Mobile game (with I think Jenny actually being the last character added), perhaps because they used some of the money the Game got already to pay the Licensing fees

With that being said, any of the issues mentioned here can be overcome perhaps, and we see that Nick did give in and allowed Nigel and Lucy into the Roster. I'm sure that's also what happened with other fighters other than the officially revealed 14.

There's alot of characters, so I'm not sure to be honest. I gonna predict that the last 3 characters are gonna be the most interesting reveals

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking, what if the mistery girl is All Grown Up Angelica?. In the show, she had short hair like the silhouette, and Angelica herself is iconic enough to be placed in that spot in the cover. I can't think on any interesting moveset, though. (Though kid Angelica could work with a Cynthia & Fluffy based moveset, I guess)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was thinking, what if the mistery girl is All Grown Up Angelica?. In the show, she had short hair like the silhouette, and Angelica herself is iconic enough to be placed in that spot in the cover. I can't think on any interesting moveset, though. (Though kid Angelica could work with a Cynthia & Fluffy based moveset, I guess)

Legs are too thin to match mystery girl.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Might as well through my 2 cents for the predictions:
Basically Confirmed from Boxart
  • Catdog (Catdog)
  • Ren & Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
  • Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Korra (The Legend of Korra)

My Predictions
  • April O’Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  • Rocko Rama (Rocko’s Modern Life)
  • Jenny “XJ9” Wakeman (My Life as a Teenage Robot)
  • Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
  • Catdog (Catdog)

My Predictions
I would be very happy if that were the remaining roster!

Not only would we have Aang and Jenny (who represent the other two of my four favorite NickToons), but I would honestly prefer April over Live-Action Dora...and I'm not even that big of a Ninja Turtles fan!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My dream roster would be...
  1. SpongeBob
  2. Patrick
  3. Squidward
  4. Sandy
  5. Krabs
  6. Donnie
  7. Mikey
  8. Shredder
  9. Casey
  10. Lucy Loud
  11. Luna Loud
  12. Garfield
  13. Odie
  14. Stu & Tommy
  15. Reptar
  16. Helga
  17. Zim
  18. Ren
  19. Stimpy
  20. PTM
  21. Oblina
  22. Nigel
  23. Aang
  24. CatDog
  25. Rocko
  26. Dr. Hutch
  27. Jimmy
  28. Hugh
  29. Timmy
  30. Jenny
  31. Otis
  32. Kyle the Wizard
  33. Dora
  34. Rango
  35. Silver Ball
35 is my go-to for fake rosters, big but within reason.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
You know, I literally just had this shower thought regarding Ren & Stimpy:

What if, instead of them being a duo akin to Duck Hunt or Banjo & Kazooie (where the duo are a single fighter who both attack), what if they're two separate characters...and they're part of a swapping mechanic a la Pokémon Trainer or Pyra & Mythra, so both have their own distinct movesets, but one of their specials allows them to switch between each other? So they're still technically counted as one character on the selection screen, but they still have distinct movesets.

Also, I saw that reaction to the privated video, and I gotta say, I'm really liking the animations they're using with the characters, especially Powdered Toast Man and the like. Also, was that a bowl of Reptar cereal that Reptar was seen holding? If so, that's pretty amazing!
That sounds really cool. It would also explain why they werent show first. They probably needed more time in the oven to polish the concept.

• Catdog (Catdog)

My Predictions
While I am still hoping for the Beavers to be in, I must say that I absolutely love this roster.

I will be hoping that the Beavers and Donnie eventually join as DLC.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My dream roster would be...
  1. SpongeBob
  2. Patrick
  3. Squidward
  4. Sandy
  5. Krabs
  6. Donnie
  7. Mikey
  8. Shredder
  9. Casey
  10. Lucy Loud
  11. Luna Loud
  12. Garfield
  13. Odie
  14. Stu & Tommy
  15. Reptar
  16. Helga
  17. Zim
  18. Ren
  19. Stimpy
  20. PTM
  21. Oblina
  22. Nigel
  23. Aang
  24. CatDog
  25. Rocko
  26. Dr. Hutch
  27. Jimmy
  28. Hugh
  29. Timmy
  30. Jenny
  31. Otis
  32. Kyle the Wizard
  33. Dora
  34. Rango
  35. Silver Ball
35 is my go-to for fake rosters, big but within reason.
My roster would be:
  1. Spongebob
  2. Patrick
  3. Sandy
  4. Krabs
  5. Squidward
  6. Plankton
  7. Lincoln
  8. Lucy
  9. Luna
  10. Leonardo
  11. Raphael
  12. Michelangelo
  13. Donatello
  14. Shredder
  15. Tommy
  16. Reptar
  17. Nigel
  18. Helga
  19. Oblina
  20. Zim
  21. Daggett & Norbert (They fight each other which damages their opponent)
  22. CatDog
  23. Aang
  24. Korra
  25. Otis
  26. Ren/Stimpy (Swap between the two)
  27. Toast Man
  28. Rango
  29. Garfield
  30. Jenny
  31. Jimmy Neutron
  32. Timmy Turner
  33. Rocko
  34. Kappa Mikey
  35. Snap (Rudy in the background assisting him)
  36. Nick & Junior (The orange and blue guys)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
My dream roster? Honestly, I just want my four favorite Nicktoons of all time (Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and My Life as a Teenage Robot) represented, and since Danny and Zim are already confirmed (with the possibility of Aang being on the boxart), all that's left is Jenny from MLAATR and I'd be pretty satisfied.

Although I would be surprised if Jimmy Neutron didn't make the cut.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just give me some of the following:

• Jimmy Neutron
  • Jet Fusion
  • Timmy Turner
  • The Crimson Chin
  • Snap
  • Josh/Parker
  • Henry/June
  • The Flesh
  • Otto Rocket
Can you see which era I'm biased in favor of? Rocko deserves a spot as well, I'm just not really attached to his show due to my parents turning it off since they knew about its inappropriate scenes (the hotline, Rocko grabbing a bear's naughty bits, etc.)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've thought about it, and now I'm feeling that the final four (if this 22-thing is to be believed) are Jenny, Jimmy, Rocko, and some wild card pick (personally, still thinking El Tigre would be great, though Kitty is another possibility).

If FOP actually does have licensing ties to Hartman, as much as I love the series and how much it contributed to my younger self, I'd honestly rather it not be represented at all, because less money in that **** stain's pocket is good for everyone.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
April would be a stupid option. Especially when it will primarily be her 80s version who's arguably done the least outside of hot design. If we have to skip over Raph and Donnie for someone else, just use Shredder than randomly choosing April.

I highly doubt Dora's being in the base roster either. Especially Live Action Dora, if we have to resort to her then don't bother forcing her in at all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've thought about it, and now I'm feeling that the final four (if this 22-thing is to be believed) are Jenny, Jimmy, Rocko, and some wild card pick (personally, still thinking El Tigre would be great, though Kitty is another possibility).

If FOP actually does have licensing ties to Hartman, as much as I love the series and how much it contributed to my younger self, I'd honestly rather it not be represented at all, because less money in that **** stain's pocket is good for everyone.
You realize we still have Catdog and Ren and Stimpy on the boxart, right?

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

Cool beans. We could already infer what some of the stages Rep is talking about are from the trailers such as the Invader Zim Stage for Final Destination and Jellyfish Fields for Smashville.

Edit: Wait, the Zim stage would be for Battlefield, my bad

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
john k is far worse than butch and we're guaranteed to get at least 2 if not 3 of his characters playable

don't @ me
I definitely agree, since John K. was an absolute monster, but I think the general speculation is that Hartman retained at least some of the rights to FOP, whereas we know John K. didn't retain any rights to Ren and Stimpy when Nickelodeon ousted him.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just rewatch the leaked trailer and I found some new stages: (you can watch the trailer here ). I've made a Imgur album because the screenshot are too big for the site to be upload.

Album of new stages

The first pic is Reptar on a Spirit world stage from Legend of Korra. The is very obvious because of the ring in the back of the stage (second pic is there for comparaison).

The third pic is when they're showcasing characters on their home stage. Helga is on a new Hey Arnold stage. She seems to be on a bus, so I think the stage will travel around the city of Hillwood.

The next pic just after that, they're showcasing more stages of character. Something odd is that it seems that Reptar is on the Loud House stage. I've put a screenshot from the first trailer and circled where Reptar would be (the brick pillar and the grass fit perfectly). This might implied that Rugrats won't have a stage, since every other characters in this section of the trailer is on his own stage.

Finally, the last pic is Nigel in some sort of cave with a waterfall and some luggage in the background. My guess is that this is the Wild thornberry stage, but it's hard to tell with so little information.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Is there anything that's potentially keeping Jimmy out of this game? someone mention jimmy would probably not be in and after looking at the reasons Fairly Odd, Teenage Robot, & Chalkzone being left out, does the same apply to Jimmy(and Hugh)?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well now the trailer have been posted officially on twitter.

By the way, now that we've seen a Legend of Korra stage my guess is that the double reveal will be both Aang and Korra, because both already have a stage and both are on the boxart, so it seems safe that they will be announced soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just rewatch the leaked trailer and I found some new stages: (you can watch the trailer here ). I've made a Imgur album because the screenshot are too big for the site to be upload.

Album of new stages

The first pic is Reptar on a Spirit world stage from Legend of Korra. The is very obvious because of the ring in the back of the stage (second pic is there for comparaison).

The third pic is when they're showcasing characters on their home stage. Helga is on a new Hey Arnold stage. She seems to be on a bus, so I think the stage will travel around the city of Hillwood.

The next pic just after that, they're showcasing more stages of character. Something odd is that it seems that Reptar is on the Loud House stage. I've put a screenshot from the first trailer and circled where Reptar would be (the brick pillar and the grass fit perfectly). This might implied that Rugrats won't have a stage, since every other characters in this section of the trailer is on his own stage.

Finally, the last pic is Nigel in some sort of cave with a waterfall and some luggage in the background. My guess is that this is the Wild thornberry stage, but it's hard to tell with so little information.
For what it's worth, it's absolutely a Wild Thornberrys stage. Not only does the waterfall perfectly match the style of the show, but you can see the ComVee in the background.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is there anything that's potentially keeping Jimmy out of this game? someone mention jimmy would probably not be in and after looking at the reasons Fairly Odd, Teenage Robot, & Chalkzone being left out, does the same apply to Jimmy(and Hugh)?
Jimmy's issue would be that Nick doesn't cater much to nostalgia for the show/movie, even with plenty of memes showing that plenty of people still remember it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. There are eight unclaimed spots in the trailer.

Take four away for Catdog, Korra, Aang, and R&S, you got four left.
One of them is the mysterious "Leg Girl". No one knows who this is, and the leading theories are that it's either April O'Neil or the live action version of Dora. That leaves 3 characters, 2 if Ren and Stimpy are separate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

No one believes me about this, so I'm glad to see someone else humor the possibility.

Jimmy's issue would be that Nick doesn't cater much to nostalgia for the show/movie, even with plenty of memes showing that plenty of people still remember it.
If anything, he'd be among the first that Ludosity would beg for having in as DLC.

Well now the trailer have been posted officially on twitter.

By the way, now that we've seen a Legend of Korra stage my guess is that the double reveal will be both Aang and Korra, because both already have a stage and both are on the boxart, so it seems safe that they will be announced soon.
And then watch as Geoff Keighley or whomever says "Wow! That was unexpected!".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, we've got a roster of 22. This makes it less likely that we will have all 4 turtles, which is a disappointment for TMMT fans because this game will become the first major release to feature the turtles but not include all 4 of them. This leaves eight fighters still left to be revealed. Five or six were leaked through the box art, those being Aang, Korra, CatDog, Ren, Stimpy, and the mysterious girl. This leaves 2 mystery characters if Ren and Stimpy are separate, and 3 if Ren and Stimpy are a duo fighter similar to the Ice Climbers. It also appears that all characters will have a home stage, which was a theory of mine called "Home Stage Theory".

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well, we've got a roster of 22. This makes it less likely that we will have all 4 turtles, which is a disappointment for TMMT fans because this game will become the first major release to feature the turtles but not include all 4 of them. This leaves eight fighters still left to be revealed. Five or six were leaked through the box art, those being Aang, Korra, CatDog, Ren, Stimpy, and the mysterious girl. This leaves 2 mystery characters if Ren and Stimpy are separate, and 3 if Ren and Stimpy are a duo fighter similar to the Ice Climbers. It also appears that all characters will have a home stage, which was a theory of mine called "Home Stage Theory".
It's possible that Rugrats don't have a stage because it wasn't showcase in the trailer (the first time Reptar is shown on a Legend of Kora stage, and the second time on the Loud house stage), I've made a post earlier talking about it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's possible that Rugrats don't have a stage because it wasn't showcase in the trailer (the first time Reptar is shown on a Legend of Kora stage, and the second time on the Loud house stage), I've made a post earlier talking about it.
It would be weird if Reptar was the only fighter without a home stage. It makes it look like the devs hate Rugrats and want to give it as little content as possible. And if Reptar doesn't have a stage, then what would the 22nd stage be?

Top Bottom