• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, the foot or fist i guess belonged to Leo? the original leak that was confirmed fake did mention the silhouettes identity to be a Ninja Turtle.

Don't know if it said Mikey or Leo.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Man this has been out for like 40 minutes and no one has said anything?

Edit: Video has now been privated

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

ThIs vIdEo iS pRiVaTe

My guess is either Aang & Korra, or Aang and Ren & Stimpy (assuming the happy happy joy joy duo are a 2-in-1)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Edit: Video has now been privated
Heh, you lot were half-right, so it won't be long until the unveiling of characters we already know are in. Not sure why they'd private the video at all though.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Wow, a lot happened since I went to have some food. So, two new characters? I am going to bet Catdog and either Aang or Ren & Stympy

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
My current prediction is everyone we know about (Ren and Stimpy are separate) for 19, leg girl is 20 (I’m leaning towards April), and two more spots (I predict Jenny Wakeman and, I kid you not, Larry the Lobster) for a total of 22

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know, I literally just had this shower thought regarding Ren & Stimpy:

What if, instead of them being a duo akin to Duck Hunt or Banjo & Kazooie (where the duo are a single fighter who both attack), what if they're two separate characters...and they're part of a swapping mechanic a la Pokémon Trainer or Pyra & Mythra, so both have their own distinct movesets, but one of their specials allows them to switch between each other? So they're still technically counted as one character on the selection screen, but they still have distinct movesets.

Also, I saw that reaction to the privated video, and I gotta say, I'm really liking the animations they're using with the characters, especially Powdered Toast Man and the like. Also, was that a bowl of Reptar cereal that Reptar was seen holding? If so, that's pretty amazing!

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
part of a swapping mechanic a la Pokémon Trainer
Speaking of Pokemon Trainer concepts, if the franchise keeps growing and we get more Danny Phantom reps, Freakshow would be a fantastic character for this. He has a set of ghost performers under his command that he controls via a magical staff. Super cool stuff!

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I take a break to go have dinner and miss a new trailer being dropped?! Sweetness!! My speculation nerves have been revved up again! Initial thoughts I had:
  • Someone who knows the 80's TMNT better than me, who is that green guy hanging from the ladder?
  • These character animations look so much more improved since the announcement trailer.
  • Reptar advertising his own branded cereal is my new favorite thing in this game.
  • We got the tiniest glimpses of both Nigel's and Helga's stages. Nigel's looks to be at a waterfall and Helga's I'm assuming is on top of a bus.
  • Given how the roster is aligned in the trailer, I wonder why Sandy is not next to the other Spongebob characters. Especially considering how the turtles and Lincoln and Lucy are placed right next to each other

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
My current prediction is everyone we know about (Ren and Stimpy are separate) for 19, leg girl is 20 (I’m leaning towards April), and two more spots (I predict Jenny Wakeman and, I kid you not, Larry the Lobster) for a total of 22
Why does everyone assume it's Dora? They wouldn't put her in this imo.

Also, I'm gonna speculate here. What if Gary is a slow moving grounded projectile that can wrap around the stage like Pikachu's neutral special?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Watching the video again, I REALLY love how expressive the animation on all the characters is in comparison to the original trailer! They definitely aren't skimping out on the visual aspect of the game!

I'm predicting this is gonna be Lincoln's Neutral Special like Inkling from Smash:
View attachment 327518
(It sprays out water)
As long as it's not as bad as Mario's F.L.U.D.D. is, I'll be fine with it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
A 22 character roster isn't that bad honestly, but now I kind of hope that we only get 2 turtles because if we end up with 4 + maybe Shredder or April TMNT would take a lot of space in the roster.

Right now my prediction for the final few spots are:
Ren & Stimpy (one slot)
CatDog
Aang
Korra
Dora
Bloom (Winx Club)
April O Neil
Either Timmy or Rocko

dlewis53

Smash Lord

I found a new upload of the teaser!

So, if we are indeed getting 22 fighters like the blocks in said teaser suggest, that means an additional 8 fighters. I believe/hope they will be:

Ren & Stimpy (Two-in-one fighter)
Korra
CatDog
Aang
Jenny Wakeman
Jimmy Neutron
Timmy Turner
Rocko

Also, what time in Eastern Standard Time will the Future Games presentation where this'll be happening be showing?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I think the Dora deniers aren't familiar with the Lost Ctiy of Gold movie - it was PG rated and aimed at the 6-11 demographic that would've grown up with the Nick Jr. cartoon.
...I'm very aware of that movie, and I'm saying that I think adding the live-action version of Dora over the animated version would be dumb on both a visual and moveset level.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
...I'm very aware of that movie, and I'm saying that I think adding the live-action version of Dora over the animated version would be dumb on both a visual and moveset level.
I mean, why couldn't they just composite in elements of cartoon Dora? I can't see any reason they'd add Dora if they weren't to use the map, backpack, cursor, e.t.c.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
My predictions

Base:
All revealed characters
Leaked box cover characters, Ren and Stimpy will be separately playable
Timmy
Jimmy
Mystery girl (no idea who she will be)

DLC
FP1
1. Squidward
2. Rocko
3. Jenny
4. Garfield

Update 8/26/21

All revealed characters
Leaked box cover characters, Ren and Stimpy will be a duo character
Timmy
Jimmy
Toph

DLC
FP1
1. Squidward
2. Rocko
3. Jenny
4. Garfield

Update 9/9/21
All revealed characters
Leaked box cover characters, Ren and Stimpy will be separate characters

Toph
Garfield

DLC
FP1
1. Squidward
2. Rocko
3. Jenny
4. Timmy
5. Jimmy

Update 9/14/21
All revealed characters
Leaked box cover characters (Ren and Stimpy confirmed duo)

Rocko
Toph
Garfield

DLC
FP1
1. Squidward
2. Jenny
3. Timmy
4. Jimmy

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I mean, why couldn't they just composite in elements of cartoon Dora? I can't see any reason they'd add Dora if they weren't to use the map, backpack, cursor, e.t.c.
Then wouldn't they just use the animated version? Aside from Nick and Viacom pushing for it, I don't see any reason to use the live-action version of Dora.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
something something later reveals are less hype
Safer/experimental characters for the people already invested into the game, etc.

I found a new upload of the teaser!

So, if we are indeed getting 22 fighters like the blocks in said teaser suggest, that means an additional 8 fighters. I believe/hope they will be:

Ren & Stimpy (Two-in-one fighter)
Korra
CatDog
Aang
Jenny Wakeman
Jimmy Neutron
Timmy Turner
Rocko

Also, what time in Eastern Standard Time will the Future Games presentation where this'll be happening be showing?
According to websites, it should be starting at 4 PM EDT.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Then wouldn't they just use the animated version? Aside from Nick and Viacom pushing for it, I don't see any reason to use the live-action version of Dora.
Corporate mandates - as Venus said earlier in this thread, Nick Jr. shows are inherently pacifistic on virtue of being aimed at the preschool set, so LA Dora is a convenient workaround being an iteration of a Jr. character aimed at an older audience,

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Corporate mandates - as Venus said earlier in this thread, Nick Jr. shows are inherently pacifistic on virtue of being aimed at the preschool set, so LA Dora is a convenient workaround being an iteration of a Jr. character aimed at an older audience,
Honestly, if that were the case, then I would frankly just pass on Dora being in then.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, if that were the case, then I would frankly just pass on Dora being in then.
Alex Mack was passed over, and she is live-action. I don't see how this would make live-action Dora any likelier when there's an actor likeness there too.

Shredder would be a neat villain to have.
I would like for him to be DLC, at the least. The base roster being this puny makes me think Ludosity will have the fight of their lives to make sure DLC happens.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Alex Mack was passed over, and she is live-action. I don't see how this would make live-action Dora any likelier when there's an actor likeness there too.
Alex Mack's actress parted ways with Nick during the show's run to have a normal life (which is what got it cancelled), Dora's actress has had a few Nick roles since TLCOG - and if she declines there's always a cartoon version they could plaster the face of onto the LA version.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top Bottom