• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Oh right... I spaced out and wrote "Winx Club Main Character" and forgot to look it up and change it; her name is Bloom.

Glitch Techs is the first Nicktoon to not air on cable TV; and the first one to embrace the age of streaming, being a Netflix exclusive.
I thought Pinky Malinky came first?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm making my official prediction list. I'm putting the roster to a slightly smaller than Smash Bros. Brawl's, which had 39 fighters. I am gonna say this: I don't think every fighter will have a home stage either, so that's not limiting on how many reps per show. I went with a total of 38. My thought process also went more into "who could have the best options for a fighting game" rather than "who's the most necessary" as well as "cartooniness factor."

SpongeBob SquarePants
1. SpongeBob
2. Patrick
3. Sandy
4. Squidward
5. Plankton

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
6. Michelangelo
7. Leonardo
8. Donatello
9. Raphael

The Loud House
10. Lincoln
11. Lucy
12. Luna

Rugrats
13. Reptar

Hey Arnold!
14. Arnold
15. Helga

Invader Zim
16. Zim*

Ren & Stimpy
17. Ren & Stimpy
18. Powdered Toast Man

Aaahh! Real Monsters
19. Oblina

The Wild Thornberrys
20. Nigel

Danny Phantom
21. Danny

22. Aang
23. Zuko

The Legend of Korra
24. Korra

CatDog
25. CatDog

The Angry Beavers
26. Dagget & Norbert

The Fairly Oddparents
27. Timmy Turner*
28. Crimson Chin

My Life as a Teenage Robot
29. Jenny

Back at the Barnyard
30. Otis

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
31. Jimmy*

T.U.F.F. Puppy
32. Dudley
33. Kitty

Winx Club
34. Bloom

El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
35. El Tigre

Rocko's Modern Life
36. Rocko

Rocket Power
37. Otto

Glitch Techs
38. Miko

*These characters have other characters who assist with some attacks. (Gir, Cosmo & Wanda, Goddard)

If I could've fit a few more in, Rudy from ChalkZone and Henry and June from KaBlam would've been there.
This would be a amazing roster but realistically I doubt we're getting that much characters. I think pretty much every character in that roster could theorically happen except for Plankton and Otis. Plankton is obviously way too small and while you could argue that they could change his size like Olimar in Smash, Plankton being small is such a huge part of his character that it wouldn't make sense to have him as the same size as Spongebob and Squidward. Otis is just a meme and both the movie and the TV series got poor reception so I don't see them going for him.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Plankton being small is such a huge part of his character that it wouldn't make sense to have him as the same size as Spongebob and Squidward.
Then why not have him be half their size instead? The Spongebob characters are already getting resized anyway, the series always had hints that the cast is around the size of their real-world counterparts. Except for Pearl, Mermaid Man, and Barnacle Boy of course.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
This would be a amazing roster but realistically I doubt we're getting that much characters. I think pretty much every character in that roster could theorically happen except for Plankton and Otis. Plankton is obviously way too small and while you could argue that they could change his size like Olimar in Smash, Plankton being small is such a huge part of his character that it wouldn't make sense to have him as the same size as Spongebob and Squidward. Otis is just a meme and both the movie and the TV series got poor reception so I don't see them going for him.
There’s also the possibility he pilots a mech that’s the size of Spongebob, or controls Karen, or uses the Chum Bucket head control thing to use a different character. There’s options but yeah, none of them would really feel like Plankton

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've personally liked the idea of him controlling the Mr. Krabs robot from "Imitation Krabs" so it's like having both Plankton and Krabs in one go. He could have robot attacks and ones themed after Krabs, like those claws that ain't just for attracting mates.

1628212216170.png

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oh right... I spaced out and wrote "Winx Club Main Character" and forgot to look it up and change it; her name is Bloom.

Glitch Techs is the first Nicktoon to not air on cable TV; and the first one to embrace the age of streaming, being a Netflix exclusive.
Pinky Malinky: Cough

FreeFox

Smash Lord
View attachment 325381
Now here’s something we can sink our teeth into speculation wise!
If I had to guess, the orginal list would basically be main characters and only the main characters those from the most well known series within the nickelodeon library, Rugrats, Spongebob, and probably the most recognizable series from the 90s and 00s (FOP, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Jimmy Neutron Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Loud House).

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I think the most interesting thing here is that they pushed hard for Lucy of all characters. There’s only 2 reasons I can think of as to why Nick would be opposed:

1) They only want 1 Loud House rep with Lincoln (which honestly doesn’t seem likely)

or

2) They wanted an older Loud sister instead like Luna, who they included in Super Brawl Universe. Lucy is the youngest character in the cast atm at 9 years old (and that’s only as of season 5, prior to that she was 8. Other younger character ages are Helga at 11 as of the Jungle Movie and Lincoln at 12 as of season 5)

Maybe I’m wrong but if they struggled to get Lucy because of how young she is, I have a feeling getting any of the Rugrats would’ve been an even bigger hassle

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 325381
From the reveal trailer+leaked silhouettes, I'd say these were Nick's choices:

• Danny Phantom
  • Zim
  • Lincoln
  • Ren & Stimpy
  • Aang
  • Korra
  • Spongebob
  • Patrick
  • Leonardo
  • Michelangelo
These were Ludosity's:
  • Nigel
  • Lucy
  • Helga
  • Oblina
  • Powdered Toast Man
  • The TMNT using their 80s designs
And Reptar, Sandy and Catdog could go either way. If that leaked roster is true
I'd say Ludosity is responsible for Zuko, Shredder over completing the TMNT, and believe it or not, Jimmy Neutron, because Nick hasn't pushed the series as much as they used to, not even for nostalgia. These aren't the days in which a Nicktoons ride at Universal would specifically be branded "Jimmy Neutron's". Meanwhile Ludosity would know about the series' popularity in meme culture, even though they went with Jimmy himself and not a more memey choice, probably because Hugh's demand would come too late for base.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
From the reveal trailer+leaked silhouettes, I'd say these were Nick's choices:

• Danny Phantom
  • Zim
  • Lincoln
  • Ren & Stimpy
  • Aang
  • Korra
  • Spongebob
  • Patrick
  • Leonardo
  • Michelangelo
These were Ludosity's:
  • Nigel
  • Lucy
  • Helga
  • Oblina
  • Powdered Toast Man
  • The TMNT using their 80s designs
And Reptar, Sandy and Catdog could go either way. If that leaked roster is true
I'd say Ludosity is responsible for Zuko, Shredder over completing the TMNT, and believe it or not, Jimmy Neutron, because Nick hasn't pushed the series as much as they used to, not even for nostalgia. These aren't the days in which a Nicktoons ride at Universal would specifically be branded "Jimmy Neutron's".
I wouldnt be completely sure about Ren and Stimpy but I agree about the rest.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I think the most interesting thing here is that they pushed hard for Lucy of all characters. There’s only 2 reasons I can think of as to why Nick would be opposed:

1) They only want 1 Loud House rep with Lincoln (which honestly doesn’t seem likely)

or

2) They wanted an older Loud sister instead like Luna, who they included in Super Brawl Universe. Lucy is the youngest character in the cast atm at 9 years old (and that’s only as of season 5, prior to that she was 8. Other younger character ages are Helga at 11 as of the Jungle Movie and Lincoln at 12 as of season 5)

Maybe I’m wrong but if they struggled to get Lucy because of how young she is, I have a feeling getting any of the Rugrats would’ve been an even bigger hassle
or perhaps Ludosity had to deal with a bunch of out of touch Nickelodeon business executives who only care about marketing this game to a specific demographic of people instead of wanting to take a risk. With limited character slots available, those execs probably wanted other characters like Clyde or Ronnie Ann to promote the Casagrandes. Also Lucy might not be the most popular character on the show or in merch sales.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
or perhaps Ludosity had to deal with a bunch of out of touch Nickelodeon business executives who only care about marketing this game to a specific demographic of people instead of wanting to take a risk. With limited character slots available, those execs probably wanted other characters like Clyde or Ronnie Ann to promote the Casagrandes. Also Lucy might not be the most popular character on the show or in merch sales.
Lucy is definitely up there popularity wise though, that’s why it’s odd they had to push to include her to me. I mean she was in Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 325381
Im so glad and thankful Ludosity is there to bring more variety with this crossover. I hope I never see what nicks list was. It's honestly baffling to me that Nick has a Truckload of characters and ideas to work with but the heads of the network are too afraid to use any of them Than again looking at Nicks overall history with treating it's shows.... It doesn't surprise me one bit.
Ill post my idea for the roster later based on this!

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 325381
Now I'm starting to understand their whole "main characters won't necessarily be added to compliment other inclusions" mindset. They're just tired of seeing nothing BUT the top lead characters.

or

This adds credence to my (mostly) spitballing assumption that if we get any Rugrats at all, it'll be in their All Grown Up selves. Hey, a loophole's a loophole.

Glitch Techs is good?

Guess I've got some binging to do
It's animated by the RotTMNT and Monkie Kid people, so you're well covered.

That's juicy

We'll probably never get to find out which characters they lost the fight on
Fanboy and Chum Chum are explicitly out, as is Alex Mack. Although not too much of a loss, since the former are divisive and the latter would have been difficult to implement for a few reasons.

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 325381
Wow, wasn't expecting to come across this today. I understand the devs having to really push for Nigel, but Lucy? One of the most favored loud sisters? To me, this suggests that either 1. Lincoln was originally going to be the only loud house rep (which I highly doubt, given the show's popularity), or 2. They were planning on going with one of the other Loud sisters, Clyde, or Ronnie Anne.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Wow, wasn't expecting to come across this today. I understand the devs having to really push for Nigel, but Lucy? One of the most favored loud sisters? To me, this suggests that either 1. Lincoln was originally going to be the only loud house rep (which I highly doubt, given the show's popularity), or 2. They were planning on going with one of the other Loud sisters, Clyde, or Ronnie Anne.
I do think that Nick could have wanted Ronnie Anne on the roster instead to promote the Casagrandes. Or that Nick thought that Lucy (at 8 years old) was too young to be a fighter.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Does that codename leak still hold any weight for speculation or not? I've not been keeping up with this in a while

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In light of the recent news regarding the development, I've trimmed down my prediction roster. No new additions, but cut it down to 32, and some series ended up not having their main character showing up. I thought "who would fit best" and went from there. I had to make cuts I didn't want to, but I still don't see a world where Nick doesn't say "All four turtles or none of them."

1. Spongebob
2. Patrick
3. Sandy
4. Plankton
5. Raphael
6. Leonardo
7. Michelangelo
8. Donatello
9. Helga
10. Nigel
11. Oblina
12. Lincoln
13. Lucy
14. Reptar
15. Ren & Stimpy
16. Powdered Toast Man
17. Aang
18. Zuko
19. Korra
20. CatDog
21. Danny Phantom
22. Timmy Turner
23. Crimson Chin
24. El Tigre
25. Jimmy Neutron
26. Kitty Katswell
27. Miko Kubota
28. Rocko
29. Otto
30. Zim
31. Bloom
32. Jenny

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Seems to be relevant at the moment so might as well share now, one of the devs confirmed earlier today that nothing has leaked

View attachment 325467
I suppose then we can discard the leak though I wonder what this means about the box art leak.

Well, Donnie and Raph fans may be in luck, but as a Rocko fan I'm pretty bummed out.
I dont know. The new development on a not boring roster might mean bad news for the turtles.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I suppose then we can discard the leak though I wonder what this means about the box art leak.

I dont know. The new development on a not boring roster might mean bad news for the turtles.
It literally doesn't mean anything for the Turtles as we don't know the state of the original Nick decided roster. Remember, they tried to reject LUCY who is commonly in other Nick games. All we can guess is that it didn't cut out the chars you would never expect to see like Nigel and Oblina.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
It literally doesn't mean anything for the Turtles as we don't know the state of the original Nick decided roster. Remember, they tried to reject LUCY who is commonly in other Nick games. All we can guess is that it didn't cut out the chars you would never expect to see like Nigel and Oblina.
I mean, if they dont want the usual suspects, it could mean trouble.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if they dont want the usual suspects, it could mean trouble.
We have no idea if they don't want the usual suspects. They just didn't want the roster to be Nick's version, which from what we've seen before, completely ignores a lot of shows that aren't Spongebob and the Loud House. That's what the company has always done.

If they were against the usual, Lucy Loud wouldn't be in this game as she's a prominent face yet for some reason they had to fight for her? We have no idea what's going on behind closed doors.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
We have no idea if they don't want the usual suspects. They just didn't want the roster to be Nick's version, which from what we've seen before, completely ignores a lot of shows that aren't Spongebob and the Loud House. That's what the company has always done.

If they were against the usual, Lucy Loud wouldn't be in this game as she's a prominent face yet for some reason they had to fight for her? We have no idea what's going on behind closed doors.
This is just my analysis on the matter. I am one of the people that wants Donny to make it in. But I try to be as unbiased as possible when making anaylisis. I dont even say it like its set in stone. I used "could" and "might" for a reason. My guess remains the same, they dont want a "most used protagonist" kind of game so it might be bad news for not only the MIA turtles, but also Arnorld and even the babies from rugrats might be out of the competition.

I am here to have fun and speculate. Please dont take this as me trying to deflate hopes or stating my opinion as a fact. This is all just my guess based on the information at our disposal.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that nobody has brought up Reptar's size in this game. We have an actual Kaiju on the roster and he's barley bigger then a 9 year old girl :laugh:.

As for Plankton they have resized him in some games in the past like Globs of Doom, and gave him a robot to ride in some of those Super Brawl Flash games.

Top Bottom